ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Clueless Thibs Fiddles While Curry Burns

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

cldbld
Sophomore
And1: 154

Re: PG: Clueless Thibs Fiddles While Curry Burns 

Post#281 » by cldbld » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:11 am

sol537 wrote:Jalen is talking too much these days… interview, podcasts, etc.

Get back to basics. Focus on bball. This is like the first half of Rocky 3 when he got soft and Mr T owns him.

Jalen should've been an all star starter.

Nobody knows him so he's not popular enough to get that nod.

Gets interviews because he's starting to get popular.

Jalen needs to stop doing these interviews and podcasts.

Needs to focus on bball.

Knicks fans gonna Knicks fans.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#282 » by stuporman » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:34 am

It will be tough scratching out wins until they get healthy but the city should water patrol on the rivers under the bridges until they do...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,632

Post#283 » by doogie_hauser » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:57 am

Hope you folks don't mind me putting my 2c here as a Celtics fan, but I tend to agree with a majority of your fan consensus (or it seems) that Thibs needs to be moved on as coach. It's not that he is a villian and or old fart so much, but his defensive/big set ups lack of needs for athletic high volume wing scorers is not conductive to championship winning teams these days. Maybe 10 years ago, not today.

If your F/O is smart, they should try be proactive and try poach a young and dynamic coach like Will Hardy away from The Jazz.

Bias aside (cause he was a former Celtics assistant, and Joe Mazz is doing fine with us so far) I think younger age coaches who are more releatable to the current players ages may have the players respond better these days.

Contenders can compete/challenge for a chip without having a team of vets, something Thibs and his coaching philosophy doesn't get

I do know Jericho Sims is not a popular player amongst your fans, but when he plays us, he does cause interior defensive problems, he is one guys need to hang onto and develop imho.

And as an Aussie hoops fan, i highly recommend you sign Patty Mills, consumate pro and leader and will give JB adequate rest on the bench (if Thibs allows him that is)

I hate saying this but the NBA does need a strong and highly competitive Knicks in the playoffs on a regular basis, I do think a younger coaching staff and more flexible thinking is the tonic your franchise needs to go forwards.

Best of luck for rest of the season.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,441

Post#284 » by DaGawd » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:37 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Hope you folks don't mind me putting my 2c here as a Celtics fan, but I tend to agree with a majority of your fan consensus (or it seems) that Thibs needs to be moved on as coach. It's not that he is a villian and or old fart so much, but his defensive/big set ups lack of needs for athletic high volume wing scorers is not conductive to championship winning teams these days. Maybe 10 years ago, not today.

If your F/O is smart, they should try be proactive and try poach a young and dynamic coach like Will Hardy away from The Jazz.

Bias aside (cause he was a former Celtics assistant, and Joe Mazz is doing fine with us so far) I think younger age coaches who are more releatable to the current players ages may have the players respond better these days.

Contenders can compete/challenge for a chip without having a team of vets, something Thibs and his coaching philosophy doesn't get

I do know Jericho Sims is not a popular player amongst your fans, but when he plays us, he does cause interior defensive problems, he is one guys need to hang onto and develop imho.

And as an Aussie hoops fan, i highly recommend you sign Patty Mills, consumate pro and leader and will give JB adequate rest on the bench (if Thibs allows him that is)

I hate saying this but the NBA does need a strong and highly competitive Knicks in the playoffs on a regular basis, I do think a younger coaching staff and more flexible thinking is the tonic your franchise needs to go forwards.

ainge is gonna ask for every pick we plan to use for a superstar in a trade for will hardy
BaF
Washington Wizards
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,482

Post#285 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:29 am

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

this commercial convinced me we're never winning a championship with this current group. oh well.

Lol

You and I, we are more alike than not

Sucks for you

That would make you the Kool Kids
ImageImageImage
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,632

Post#286 » by doogie_hauser » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:31 am

DaGawd wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:Hope you folks don't mind me putting my 2c here as a Celtics fan, but I tend to agree with a majority of your fan consensus (or it seems) that Thibs needs to be moved on as coach. It's not that he is a villian and or old fart so much, but his defensive/big set ups lack of needs for athletic high volume wing scorers is not conductive to championship winning teams these days. Maybe 10 years ago, not today.

If your F/O is smart, they should try proactive and try poach a young and dynamic coach like Will Hardy away from The Jazz.

ainge is gonna ask for every pick we plan to use for a superstar in a trade for will hardy

Possibly but no harm asking the question I suppose.

Can't help but wonder if Thibs and his reputation of playing/grinding players into the ground will harm your chances of luring superstars/a grade players to the Knicks.

I had my issues with Joe Mazz, but he doesn't play Porzingis more than 30 mins per game, plus rests the Jays at suitable times and or when the game is over (much improved on that schematic of his coaching from last season btw)

I personally believe, given your cap space situation, giving up several late round 1st/token 2nd round picks is worth it for a coach of Will Hardy's calibre if you want to win a chip down the line (Brad Stevens in fact was very upset Ainge poached him after the Ime boner scandal, although happy with Mazz)

It strikes me that The Knicks for Generations have usually had strick/conservative ultra defensive and cautious type of coaches,

If you had a coach (and indeed front office) that embraced say a more offence/show time Lakers style of game style (makes me sick as a C's fan I know)

Rob Perez (World Wide Wob) often says blue collar/hard working basketball and philosophy is the epitome of Knicks basketball, that maybe so, but it's gotten NYK no near to a chip since 1999.

Your franchise plays on the most iconic and famous and celebrity filled arena on this planet (least from a basketball perspective) yet hasn't seemingly taken advantage of it imo

Get a a more high octane offence and wing/attacking type players, and the results and playoff wins will come.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,482

Post#287 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:37 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:You could see that Burks was washed. Bojan has been more disappointing. Sometimes it takes time for new guys to find there niche. Other times they may just not fit in. Hopefully it’s the former.

Not a lot we can do until we get more healthy. OG was a huge difference maker and we miss Randle. I wish Thibs had more common sense on some of his rotation decisions but it is what it is. That may not make a big difference. Games like this it’s just obvious some things are working, and other things aren’t and you need to make adjustments. We can’t afford anymore guys to go down either

My feeling is Bojan might be pressing a bit because he's figuring out his spots and where he fits in. It feels more like he's missing shots that he normally makes. Like last night all his shots were on line but just long. Sometimes it happens. Hopefully once we get all settled he'll find some comfort. I haven't loved Thibs minutes distribution for him either. He's 35 years old why is he playing whole quarters?

Burks i'm a little more worried about at the moment. He just seems frazzled and frenetic out there. Deuce at the moment is a better option even if he has his own drawbacks as a player and I think Thibs is starting to feel that way as well.

Burks needs to focus on facilitating and moving the ball/spacing the floor. He's just been trying to do way too much. Use your handle to get into the paint and make good, simple reads.

Easier said than done. You probably didn't watch the Knicks as much when Burks was a Knick, but that was in the bad old days when our FO never prioritized acquiring PGs. Burks actually started as our PG for a good part of a season and it really sucked. He's very sloppy with the ball and despite the random nice pass or setup he is mostly just a chucker. He has his hot streaks now and then, but overall his judgment is really bad both as a facilitator and in terms of shot selection. That's why he really stinks when he's not hitting, because he is a bad shot maker kind of player to begin with.
ImageImageImage
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,969

Post#288 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:01 am

cldbld wrote:
sol537 wrote:Jalen is talking too much these days… interview, podcasts, etc.

Get back to basics. Focus on bball. This is like the first half of Rocky 3 when he got soft and Mr T owns him.

Jalen should've been an all star starter.

Nobody knows him so he's not popular enough to get that nod.

Gets interviews because he's starting to get popular.

Jalen needs to stop doing these interviews and podcasts.

Needs to focus on bball.

Knicks fans gonna Knicks fans.

Yeah nobody knows the New York starting point guard …
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,195

Post#289 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,195

Post#290 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:03 pm

We cut it to 4, Thibs took Deuce out, and we lost the game

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,101

Post#291 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:31 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:We cut it to 4, Thibs took Deuce out, and we lost the game

Read on Twitter

that, and the front rim clanker MJ Burks threw up in the paint.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#292 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Maybe Thibs bet on the game and that’s what he means — he bet Knicks lose by 20 and so he wishes he’d have played Burks more lol
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,529

Post#293 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Well he has realized has blunder and decided our remedy is more Burks.

Return to New York Knicks