ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,190

Re: PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen! 

Post#301 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:08 pm

stuporman wrote:Thibs is going to kill Deuce by playing him 47 minutes so the smart thing would be to play Burks more...said no one ever.

here come shake!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,031

Post#302 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:08 pm

robillionaire wrote:Both Brunson and Hart played basketball all summer, that would seem the more logical thing to point to if we wanted to talk about wear and tear.

People are biased against Thibs and have been for years for other reasons besides this(bc of the players that aren’t here anymore). Hart is playing a lot extra because OG had some freak elbow thing which also was not Thibs fault

Mitch has always been injury prone and there’s nothing to suspect the injuries to Randle or Brunson are related to the coach

The only one that I would even kinda entertain blaming him for is Hartenstein, who played massive minutes and then had the Achilles injury and is still playing with that injury, I could see that one being on Thibs, but even then, he was put into that situation of massive minutes increase because Mitch got injured. Same with Hart playing so many minutes, Precious playing crazy minutes because Randle is gone, McBride playing 47 because Brunson was out, it’s like a domino effect where legitimate freak injuries are making people play more than they would under usual circumstances. But what are we supposed to do, punt the season? Our 3rd string backups aren’t even real nba players. There was someone yesterday upset because Charlie Brown wasn’t playing like come on dude we are trying to win games here

This is exactly how I feel. Outside of Ihart, I don’t think Thibs is responsible for any of our injuries. Maybe he could have trusted precious sooner when the trade first happened but what was his other option? We’ve been down to our 4th string center at points in the past month. Like are we really clamoring for more Burks minutes at the pg cuz Brunson got hurt last night? Where are is he supposed to go?

I think it’s totally fair to criticize him for how Thibs distributes his minutes. It’s probably not the wisest to play guys 15 mins straight unless it’s truly necessary, like in the playoffs but we’re running low on bodies is 10 mins of Jacob Toppin worth falling to 5th cuz the Mavs couldn’t do us a favor and beat the 76ers?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,743

Post#303 » by cgmw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:08 pm

Gravy wrote:“All injuries are Thibs fault” is what yall been saying to me in every reply all day long. Do you even realize this or do you believe you've been saying something else that makes sense?

That’s what you’re hearing because that’s what you want to hear. That’s not what I’m saying.

If I said “you’re an idiot” that’s not the same sentence as “I can’t tell if you’re an idiot or just trolling”
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,384

Post#304 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,061

Post#305 » by Knick4Real » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:12 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAIT!

According to Mobley, the Cavs got thrown off and lost because of an injury that happened 47 seconds into the game????? :crazy:

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,061

Post#306 » by Knick4Real » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:the cavs had a 2 point lead at halftime. brunson got hurt 1 minute into the game. the f*ck is mobley talking about.

cgmw
RealGM

Post#307 » by cgmw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:15 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Both Brunson and Hart played basketball all summer, that would seem the more logical thing to point to if we wanted to talk about wear and tear.

People are biased against Thibs and have been for years for other reasons besides this(bc of the players that aren’t here anymore). Hart is playing a lot extra because OG had some freak elbow thing which also was not Thibs fault

Mitch has always been injury prone and there’s nothing to suspect the injuries to Randle or Brunson are related to the coach

The only one that I would even kinda entertain blaming him for is Hartenstein, who played massive minutes and then had the Achilles injury and is still playing with that injury, I could see that one being on Thibs, but even then, he was put into that situation of massive minutes increase because Mitch got injured. Same with Hart playing so many minutes, Precious playing crazy minutes because Randle is gone, McBride playing 47 because Brunson was out, it’s like a domino effect where legitimate freak injuries are making people play more than they would under usual circumstances. But what are we supposed to do, punt the season? Our 3rd string backups aren’t even real nba players. There was someone yesterday upset because Charlie Brown wasn’t playing like come on dude we are trying to win games here

This is exactly how I feel. Outside of Ihart, I don’t think Thibs is responsible for any of our injuries. Maybe he could have trusted precious sooner when the trade first happened but what was his other option? We’ve been down to our 4th string center at points in the past month. Like are we really clamoring for more Burks minutes at the pg cuz Brunson got hurt last night? Where are is he supposed to go?

I think it’s totally fair to criticize him for how Thibs distributes his minutes. It’s probably not the wisest to play guys 15 mins straight unless it’s truly necessary, like in the playoffs but we’re running low on bodies is 10 mins of Jacob Toppin worth falling to 5th cuz the Mavs couldn’t do us a favor and beat the 76ers?

We can sit here like judge and jury trying to chain together proximate cause but who the F cares? What’s happening is so incredibly obvious and predictable that Leon already knew this about Thibs back when he hired him.

The only real questions are 1) can we piece together a healthy team in time to make some noise this post-season and 2) will an established All-NBA vet really want to play for Thibs?

Also worth asking whether new-school non-stars like OG Annonoby can cut it under an old-school maniac like Thibs.

But anyway, have fun carrying on with denying basic reality for whatever reason.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,502

Post#308 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:16 pm

I agree with much of this EXCEPT:

I'll use the Randle injury to highlight something. How his injury occurred was not a wear and tear issue BUT Randle being in the game when he got hurt is a questionable call and it generally points to the main issue I have with Thibs. He doesn't build up contingency lineups early in the season that can weather runs so his main guys are always in the game late, even if they're up big. I'll point to the Thunder as a counter-example. If they're up 20 going into the 4th, their main guys don't play unless it gets close and as a result their backups have learned to preserve leads. Look at some of their boxes. SGA has a ton of games where he doesn't touch the floor in the 4th in blowouts - either way. IMO, this is the way. You burn guys out less and build up your reserves so they're ready for contingency situations where a player unexpectedly becomes unavailable.

The injuries have shown us what many of us have expected all along. We don't NEED the starters to hold leads. For example, you can trust Deuce as a reliable backup to Brunson. We just played him for basically the entire game vs a strong opponent and he held the line and he has likewise done so more than a few times recently. Why not build that up earlier so you don't have Brunson battling in late game situations and wearing him out?

I consider Thibs an excellent coach. But he's an honest to God maniac.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,172

Post#309 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:18 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAIT!

According to Mobley, the Cavs got thrown off and lost because of an injury that happened 47 seconds into the game????? :crazy:

Why wouldn't the stoppage of play affect the Knicks too?
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,726

Post#310 » by Gravy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:21 pm

cgmw wrote:
Gravy wrote:“All injuries are Thibs fault” is what yall been saying to me in every reply all day long. Do you even realize this or do you believe you've been saying something else that makes sense?

That’s what you’re hearing because that’s what you want to hear. That’s not what I’m saying.

If I said “you’re an idiot” that’s not the same sentence as “I can’t tell if you’re an idiot or just trolling”

Poster says Thibs wears out his players and every injury is ultimately because Thibs blah blah blah...

Me: So what you're saying is Thibs wears out his players and all the injuries are ultimately because Thibs

Poster: WTF I never said that! you're CRAZY.Learn to READ!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,839

Post#311 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s never wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cgmw
RealGM

Post#312 » by cgmw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I'll use the Randle injury to highlight something. How his injury occurred was not a wear and tear issue BUT Randle being in the game when he got hurt is a questionable call and it generally points to the main issue I have with Thibs. He doesn't build up contingency lineups early in the season that can weather runs so his main guys are always in the game late, even if they're up big. I'll point to the Thunder as a counter-example. If they're up 20 going into the 4th, their main guys don't play unless it gets close and as a result their backups have learned to preserve leads. Look at some of their boxes. SGA has a ton of games where he doesn't touch the floor in the 4th in blowouts - either way. IMO, this is the way.

The injuries have shown us what many of us have expected all along. We don't NEED the starters to hold leads. For example, you can trust Deuce as a reliable backup to Brunson. We just played him for basically the entire game vs a strong opponent and he held the line and he has likewise done so more than a few times recently. Why not build that up earlier so you don't have Brunson battling in late game situations and wearing him out?

I suspect the method to his madness of not trusting his bench is really less about the bench and more about instilling a sense of alpha-mentality in his trusted core. Like he wants his starters to really believe that they MUST do it themselves because no help is coming.

I remember thinking he looked profoundly uncomfortable when the Obi bench mob was rolling over opposing second units. Like it threatened his entire way of being. The only coach in modern nba history who doesn’t allow assistant coaches into his game huddles.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,401

Post#313 » by stuporman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:25 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
stuporman wrote:Thibs is going to kill Deuce by playing him 47 minutes so the smart thing would be to play Burks more...said no one ever.

here come shake!

Can't wait for the first time Clyde says Shake and bake with an audible smirk...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,190

Post#314 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:28 pm

stuporman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

here come shake!

Can't wait for the first time Clyde says Shake and bake with audible smirk...

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,275

Post#315 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:29 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I'll use the Randle injury to highlight something. How his injury occurred was not a wear and tear issue BUT Randle being in the game when he got hurt is a questionable call and it generally points to the main issue I have with Thibs. He doesn't build up contingency lineups early in the season that can weather runs so his main guys are always in the game late, even if they're up big. I'll point to the Thunder as a counter-example. If they're up 20 going into the 4th, their main guys don't play unless it gets close and as a result their backups have learned to preserve leads. Look at some of their boxes. SGA has a ton of games where he doesn't touch the floor in the 4th in blowouts - either way. IMO, this is the way. You burn guys out less and build up your reserves so they're ready for contingency situations where a player unexpectedly becomes unavailable.

TMac scoring 13 pts in 33 seconds scarred Thibs. He talks about it all the time.

It's ironic that it left such an impression on him, since that is a game he won.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,172

Post#316 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:34 pm

This is another episode of Knicks Euphoria but in my mind's eye, I see Deuce and Shake making for a decent pair, especially with Josh at the 3.
Spoiler:
Sometimes, you do need a little Shake during a Deuce.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#317 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Thibs making good adjustments Folkssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#318 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:35 pm

Gravy wrote:
cgmw wrote:

Poster says Thibs wears out his players and every injury is ultimately because Thibs blah blah blah...

Me: So what you're saying is Thibs wears out his players and all the injuries are ultimately because Thibs

Poster: WTF I never said that! you're CRAZY.Learn to READ!!

also, "here's a completely subjective truth i have defined. let me then tell you that this truth i have defined is not definable, but i have indeed defined it and you're either too dumb or stubborn to see."

decent gaslight work.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#319 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:39 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

TMac scoring 13 pts in 33 seconds scarred Thibs. He talks about it all the time.

It's ironic that it left such an impression on him, since that is a game he won.

last year luka and the mavs did 10 points in like 30 seconds. it's hard to trust. lol.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#320 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Return to New York Knicks