ImageImageImageImageImage

Brunson Injury Update - Thibs "Brunson out vs. Hawks, MRI came up clean, held out to make sure Brunson is 100%"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,809

Brunson Injury Update - Thibs "Brunson out vs. Hawks, MRI came up clean, held out to make sure Brunson is 100%" 

Post#1 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:41 am

Positive preliminary news, gotta wait for more is checked out via MRI and stuff.

Read on Twitter

-----------------

UPDATE

Read on Twitter

-----------------

UPDATE March 5th

Read on Twitter
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,952

Re: Brunson Injury Update thread - Knee contusion, X-Rays Negative 

Post#2 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:18 am

Let's gooooooo
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,596

Post#3 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:26 am

Maybe a dumb question but why don't they do an MRI right after the X Ray? Why the delay?

And I know it's only a few who think this but to blame Thibs for this injury makes no sense. He got hurt a minute into the game. Fatigue and minutes played (2 days off) had nothing to do with it. Injuries happen.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,011

Post#4 » by robillionaire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:31 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Maybe a dumb question but why don't they do an MRI right after the X Ray? Why the delay?

And I know it's only a few who think this but to blame Thibs for this injury makes no sense. He got hurt a minute into the game. Fatigue and minutes played (2 days off) had nothing to do with it. Injuries happen.

Probably because they don’t have an MRI machine at the stadium and also they take longer to schedule and perform and get the result read by a radiologist and there’s probably not an MRI tech or radiologist there. Whereas there are portable X-ray machines which take an instant pic
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#5 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:36 am

robillionaire wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Maybe a dumb question but why don't they do an MRI right after the X Ray? Why the delay?

Probably because they don’t have an MRI machine at the stadium and also they take longer to schedule and perform and get the result read by a radiologist and there’s probably not an MRI tech or radiologist there. Whereas there are portable X-ray machines which take an instant pic

It would also have to be ordered by a provider. There has to be medical necessity. Something may well have been diagnosed that does not require MRI.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#6 » by robillionaire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:39 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

It would also have to be ordered by a provider. There has to be medical necessity. Something may well have been diagnosed that does not require MRI.

Well yeah. But even if they did require it and the team doctor could order it they couldn’t do it right then and there. They could probably haul them to the nearest ER but it’s not truly an emergency (although it seems like it from a fan perspective) and teams usually have their preferred facilities
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#7 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:40 am

robillionaire wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Well yeah. But even if they did require it and the team doctor could order it they couldn’t do it right then and there. They could probably haul them to the nearest ER but it’s not truly an emergency (although it seems like it from a fan perspective) and teams usually have their preferred facilities

Yeah. They’d do it tomorrow.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,310

Post#8 » by aq_ua » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:52 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

A doctor friend once told me, the injury can generally be diagnosed with a high degree of confidence by touch and how the patient reacts with pain to certain movement. The x-ray is really for the patient's benefit to convince them of the diagnosis. I imagine the MRI is an extension of this, but in addition to convincing the patient, convincing the team and insurance providers.
Davis18
Senior
And1: 736

Post#9 » by Davis18 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:54 am

Brunson definitely needs this rest.
Hopefully he comes back recharged 1000%.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,839

Post#10 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,172

Post#11 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:05 am

It would explain things that he was holding his knee low and that he did try to get up. The guys who get ACL or other tears stay down

Now that I think it over more given the seeming positive news

Is it possible he had a nerve shock like banging your elbow? Never heard of a knee funny bone

We still have to worry about cartilage and stuff
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#12 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:10 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was a few weeks ago when he missed one game and scored 30 pts the next game lol

just saying that's not s quote from tonight unless he said the same. exact thing :o
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#13 » by robillionaire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:14 am

aq_ua wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

A doctor friend once told me, the injury can generally be diagnosed with a high degree of confidence by touch and how the patient reacts with pain to certain movement. The x-ray is really for the patient's benefit to convince them of the diagnosis. I imagine the MRI is an extension of this, but in addition to convincing the patient, convincing the team and insurance providers.

Well shittu don’t let the word get out I work in radiology and I want to keep getting paid
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by aq_ua » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:18 am

robillionaire wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Well shittu don’t let the word get out I work in radiology and I want to keep getting paid

If an internet basketball board post were enough to kill radiology, we're thoroughly underutilizing this technology!

However, in respect of yours and all our careers, AI is evil and should be stopped now!
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by aq_ua » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:20 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was a few weeks ago when he missed one game and scored 30 pts the next game lol

just saying that's not s quote from tonight unless he said the same. exact thing :o

New York’s players, borderline jubilant in the visitor’s locker room postgame after what was arguably their gutsiest win of the season, were also told Brunson’s injury does not appear to be serious.

“I asked him if he was okay, and he said he’ll be fine,” Donte DiVincenzo said. “And that’s everything to me. … I don’t worry about Jalen. He’s one of the toughest guys in the league.”

This is from today's game - DiVo has a stock standard set of responses for sure :)
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#16 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:33 am

aq_ua wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

New York’s players, borderline jubilant in the visitor’s locker room postgame after what was arguably their gutsiest win of the season, were also told Brunson’s injury does not appear to be serious.

“I asked him if he was okay, and he said he’ll be fine,” Donte DiVincenzo said. “And that’s everything to me. … I don’t worry about Jalen. He’s one of the toughest guys in the league.”

This is from today's game - DiVo has a stock standard set of responses for sure :)

Well damn lmfao

I stand corrected thank u sir :D
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,752

Post#17 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:03 am

KnicksGod wrote:It would explain things that he was holding his knee low and that he did try to get up. The guys who get ACL or other tears stay down

Now that I think it over more given the seeming positive news

Is it possible he had a nerve shock like banging your elbow? Never heard of a knee funny bone

We still have to worry about cartilage and stuff

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,539

Post#18 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:29 am

robillionaire wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

One of my parents worked in radiology. You guys do good work
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,203

Post#19 » by Juco24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:15 pm

People keep saying he didn't get hit..but he actually did. It was like a delayed reaction. And sometimes the effects come seconds after the cause. If you watch it, he got hit trying to go through... seconds later he tried to plant and boom.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,726

Post#20 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:56 pm

It's an agreement with the owner of RealGM. Keeps the posts flowing. :D

Return to New York Knicks