ImageImageImageImageImage

Brunson Injury Update - Thibs "Brunson out vs. Hawks, MRI came up clean, held out to make sure Brunson is 100%"

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,760

Re: Brunson Injury Update thread - Knee contusion, X-Rays Negative 

Post#21 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:16 pm

RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:It would explain things that he was holding his knee low and that he did try to get up. The guys who get ACL or other tears stay down

Now that I think it over more given the seeming positive news

Is it possible he had a nerve shock like banging your elbow? Never heard of a knee funny bone

We still have to worry about cartilage and stuff

Far be it from me to disagree with internet MDs, but I just watched a replay of the game, the ESPN feed, and Okoro never touched legs with Brunson, at all.

Not as he went up for the jumper. I'll watch the clip now, as maybe they banged knees a few seconds before as Brunson came around a screen. Actually, taking a 2nd look, that's where it happened. I guess there can be a few seconds delay/adrenaline masking it, before it kicks in.

Not out of the woods yet, injury news wise
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,957

Post#22 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:26 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:It would explain things that he was holding his knee low and that he did try to get up. The guys who get ACL or other tears stay down

Is it possible he had a nerve shock like banging your elbow? Never heard of a knee funny bone

Far be it from me to disagree with internet MDs, but I just watched a replay of the game, the ESPN feed, and Okoro never touched legs with Brunson, at all.

Not as he went up for the jumper. I'll watch the clip now, as maybe they banged knees a few seconds before as Brunson came around a screen. Actually, taking a 2nd look, that's where it happened. I guess there can be a few seconds delay/adrenaline masking it, before it kicks in.

Yea it was Isiah he banged knees with coming off the screen
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#23 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:31 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Here's the thing. The expert doctor (and I don't doubt he's an expert) is basing his diagnosis on a bad angle video, where he THINKS Brunson and Okoro make leg contact. I downloaded the ESPN game, watched their replay, and from a slightly higher angle replay, Okoro's knee doesn't get within 4 inches of Brunson. From that part of the clip, it looks completely non contact.

But 2 seconds earlier, there's a 3 player bunch up on the screen of Brunson, Okoro, iShart.

I'll take the Knicks word it's a contusion, but I'm not completely optimistic yet.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,133

Post#24 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#25 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:52 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

45 minutes for Brunson confirmed
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,426

Post#26 » by ag3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Here's the thing. The expert doctor (and I don't doubt he's an expert) is basing his diagnosis on a bad angle video, where he THINKS Brunson and Okoro make leg contact. I downloaded the ESPN game, watched their replay, and from a slightly higher angle replay, Okoro's knee doesn't get within 4 inches of Brunson. From that part of the clip, it looks completely non contact.

But 2 seconds earlier, there's a 3 player bunch up on the screen of Brunson, Okoro, iShart.

I'll take the Knicks word it's a contusion, but I'm not completely optimistic yet.

He banged knees with Hartensein right before this.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,813

Post#27 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:19 pm

F*cking Josh :lol:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,546

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:22 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

He needs to rest.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,546

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:25 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:F*cking Josh :lol:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Hart is the one dude on the roster where you know that something is clearly off about him, and everyone else around him does too, and just accepts it for what it is.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,446

Post#30 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Hart is the one dude on the roster where you know that something is clearly off about him, and everyone else around him does too, and just accepts it for what it is.

Dude just likes to crack jokes and doesn't take himself too seriously all of the time. I don't think there's anything off about him at all. My kind of dude actually.
:beer: RIP mags
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#31 » by 8516knicks » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:42 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Dude just likes to crack jokes and doesn't take himself too seriously all of the time. I don't think there's anything off about him at all. My kind of dude actually.

Still like that take he did when the other team's guy didn't shake his hand last year. :lol:
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,536

Post#32 » by rajajackal » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:53 pm

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

i was saying in the gt, brunson was just forcing the rest of these dudes to get their sh*t together :lol:
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,486

Post#33 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:09 pm

Have Brunson on my fantasy team and playoffs start today, so I selfishly want him to back tomorrow :lol:

Hope he’s fine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#34 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:15 pm

Brunson faked the injury to get a rest day, still gets game in for possible all NBA status. Mitchell foolishly takes entire game off, lacking craftiness of Brunson.
Once again, Brunson > Mitchell
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,181

Post#35 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:23 pm

Thibs said “everything” was negative which may mean they did some hand manipulation of his knee/leg and it didn’t show a clear problem. ACL, etc. I’m sure it wasn’t just an XR they did. Maybe they don’t see a huge problem in the direct exam.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#36 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:24 pm

all part of the script
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,181

Post#37 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:33 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

The magic knee theory — Jalen’s knee ricochets off Hartenstein’s knee and 3 seconds later the pain pulse changes direction and enters the peroneal nerve at a 90 degree angle
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,628

Post#38 » by The KnicksFix » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:33 pm

It’s kinda the flip Charley horse
Ever had that one friend that comes up and presses their knee to the back of yours and you buckle? Same thing here. Same peroneal nerve
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,533

Post#39 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:36 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
lol right Hart is just like the class clown type of guy. You would have to think it has to create good energy in the locker room
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,628

Post#40 » by The KnicksFix » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:38 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Thibs said “everything” was negative which may mean they did some hand manipulation of his knee/leg and it didn’t show a clear problem. ACL, etc. I’m sure it wasn’t just an XR they did. Maybe they don’t see a huge problem in the direct exam.

Agreed. On initial look I thought it was ACL. However with watching the replay you can see he hits it on ihart. If it was ACL he wouldn’t be able to stand

Return to New York Knicks