ImageImageImageImageImage

Brunson Injury Update - Thibs "Brunson out vs. Hawks, MRI came up clean, held out to make sure Brunson is 100%"

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,737

Re: Brunson Injury Update thread - Knee contusion, X-Rays Negative 

Post#61 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:14 pm

GettinitDone wrote:I'd never seen or heard someone bang their knees and 5 secs later they feel the impact on such excruciatingly painful level... like most everyone watching live I thought it's a no contact injury, but hopeful the assessment is right and it's only knee contusion.

God of Bball, what sacrifices do you want, so we can be injury free the rest of season? Chicken, frog, or pigeon ? :banghead:

Most references were to a cosmic glory hole
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,541

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:58 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:F*cking Josh :lol:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Hart is the one dude on the roster where you know that something is clearly off about him, and everyone else around him does too, and just accepts it for what it is.

Dude just likes to crack jokes and doesn't take himself too seriously all of the time. I don't think there's anything off about him at all. My kind of dude actually.

Oh nah, i didn't mean it in a bad way. Josh seems like a really fun teammate. But just watching the podcast, he's kinda got some crazy in him :lol: i like people like that too. Hell, I am one

Like when he started to describe about how he would have to literally kill TJ McConnell in a fight in order to stop him. That was funny as hell and equally weird to the point where JB went "yo see this is what I'm talking about dude, there's something seriously wrong with you". And Josh just moved right along as if he's heard that so many times that it's normal for him.

I'm dying to know what he said to Donte when they were in college that made dude swing a 10lb plate at his head in the weight room. It had to have been something vile because none of them dare repeat it on the show :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,541

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:05 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:I'd never seen or heard someone bang their knees and 5 secs later they feel the impact on such excruciatingly painful level... like most everyone watching live I thought it's a no contact injury, but hopeful the assessment is right and it's only knee contusion.

God of Bball, what sacrifices do you want, so we can be injury free the rest of season? Chicken, frog, or pigeon ? :banghead:

Glory holes are all well and good until you feel the tickle of facial hair on the other end.

Not that I would know about that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,846

Post#64 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Glory holes are all well and good until you feel the tickle of facial hair on the other end.

Not that I would know about that.

:lol: :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,203

Post#65 » by Juco24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:42 pm

Delayed responses and actions happen all the time especially with nerves and trauma
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,177

Post#66 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:50 pm

Juco24 wrote:

Delayed responses and actions happen all the time especially with nerves and trauma

Who knows but that's not how I think it happened. He took off or landed and something twisted, is my guess.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,114

Post#67 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Juco24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:02 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

Who knows but that's not how I think it happened. He took off or landed and something twisted, is my guess.

Respect. I just know that I was hanging a tv once and the bracket fell on my arm. It hurt but I was able to pick up the bracket without issue. Went to raise my arm again and the worst sensation went through my neck and arm with tingling the hand. It was nerve related.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#69 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:08 pm

Juco24 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

Respect. I just know that I was hanging a tv once and the bracket fell on my arm. It hurt but I was able to pick up the bracket without issue. Went to raise my arm again and the worst sensation went through my neck and arm with tingling the hand. It was nerve related.

That is interesting for sure.

Well if the Knicks survive a dangling foot -- which looked so bad -- from their best scorer, then that's a pretty good bullet dodged. Reverse the Curse kind of thing.
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Juco24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:16 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Well if the Knicks survive a dangling foot -- which looked so bad -- from their best scorer, then that's a pretty good bullet dodged. Reverse the Curse kind of thing.

I think it was dropped foot syndrome which can be caused by nerve compression. Certainly not a physician and 100% agree with you as to how it looked along with luck. Is it weird that I wanted to cry when it happened
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#71 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:20 pm

Juco24 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

I think it was dropped foot syndrome which can be caused by nerve compression. Certainly not a physician and 100% agree with you as to how it looked along with luck. Is it weird that I wanted to cry when it happened

Not weird at all!

But then we were treated to a nice game and some good tentative news
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,846

Post#72 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,809

Re: Brunson Injury Update - Ian Begley "Brunson considered Questionable for ATL, seems to have avoided serious knee inju 

Post#73 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:16 pm

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,432

Post#74 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Not that I would know about that

:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brunson Injury Update - Ian Begley "Brunson considered Questionable for ATL, seems to have avoided serious knee inju 

Post#75 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:59 pm

Just like players have to trust themselves and stay disciplined, coaches need to resist the trap of playing one guy as the sole offensive focal point — even with injuries and regardless of PT.

Not about how he got hurt last night — but, last night was revealing — share the ball, make timely shots. They should play that way when Randle and Brunson are back, too.

It makes you harder to guard and burdens each guy less. There will still be plenty of opportunities left for hitting hard shots.

Not fair that players asked to do all this stuff and coaches and management let themselves take the scared and the easy way out, by the way.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,256

Post#76 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:52 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:F*cking Josh :lol:

Seems like good news?

Read on Twitter

Hart is the one dude on the roster where you know that something is clearly off about him, and everyone else around him does too, and just accepts it for what it is.

Dude just likes to crack jokes and doesn't take himself too seriously all of the time. I don't think there's anything off about him at all. My kind of dude actually.

It's definitely somewhere in between the two. Hart's personality is a constant stream of unserious fun, but I don't think at all that he's some happy-go-lucky class clown. If you listen to the Roommates podcast, Jalen, and just about every guest they've had on, has said that they genuinely could not stand the guy to start. I'm pretty sure every single one of them flat out said that they thought Josh was an unrepentant assh*le. Jalen, Dante, the white guy co-host, everyone. They all have used the descriptor "assh*le" when describing how their relationship with Hart started. Hell, Donte avoided him at all costs and actually swung a gym weight plate at Hart's head because he ran his mouth and DiVincenzo couldn't stand the guy so much.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,432

Post#77 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:36 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It's definitely somewhere in between the two. Hart's personality is a constant stream of unserious fun, but I don't think at all that he's some happy-go-lucky class clown. If you listen to the Roommates podcast, Jalen, and just about every guest they've had on, has said that they genuinely could not stand the guy to start. I'm pretty sure every single one of them flat out said that they thought Josh was an unrepentant assh*le. Jalen, Dante, the white guy co-host, everyone. They all have used the descriptor "assh*le" when describing how their relationship with Hart started. Hell, Donte avoided him at all costs and actually swung a gym weight plate at Hart's head because he ran his mouth and DiVincenzo couldn't stand the guy so much.

Meh. They were young and he was a bully/hazing the new guys. Who knows? He's doesn't come off like a Draymond Green. That dude has issues.
:beer: RIP mags
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,752

Post#78 » by RHODEY » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:38 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#79 » by KnicksGod » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:04 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

His body language and then way he conducts himself suggests a guy who blows off some steam that way but isn’t a real jerk. Never dismissive of the refs and not a selfish player. He reads like good guy who actually lacks a bit of confidence, and falls back on some antics. Jalen loves him.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,059

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:00 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Most references were to a cosmic glory hole

Not that I would know about that

Yeah, that was just a tad bit too specific :lol:
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks