ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,601

Re: PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024 

Post#161 » by mdenny » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:20 am

Knick4Real wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
He had some loose bone fragments removed, probably similar to scoping out a knee and cleaning up the debris. It was said to be a successful surgery so he should be fine.

OG is a great defensive player. But check his injury history. It's bizarre. He takes twice as long to return from injuries compared to other players with the same ailments. And it happens EVERY year like clockwork. I started thinking that he might enjoy the downtime. Either that or he is the unluckiest player in the league.

I never seen an injury history like his. It's not even indicative if a guy with a recurring problem in a knee or something like that. It's his wrist, then it's his ankle, then it's his other ankle, then it's his other wrist, then it's his ribs, then it's his shoulder, then it's his other shoulder, then it's his finger, then it's his toe, then it's his left hand....etc etc.

And for every one of these injuries....he's out close to double the time that is first assumed.

This is what I was wanting to know from my original question. Good information to know.

As a raptor fan....I always chalked it up to being very unlucky. Now I'm starting to wonder if he just likes the downtime during the regular season. If that's true....I don't think it would apply to the playoffs. A fellow raptor fan suggested something that sounds the most likely.....his clumsiness/bull in a China shop lack of gratefulness probably leads to alot of weird injuries. He falls to the floor ALOT. We used to wonder if maybe his shoes were too big for how many times he stumbles/falls.

The less he handles the ball...the less he falls down though. And we had a couple seasons where he wanted to become more of a ball-handling option on offense. Hopefully for you guys He's accepted that isn't a good idea.

Return to New York Knicks