ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,793

Re: PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024 

Post#101 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i only caught the second half of the game, but from what i saw the loss isnt entirely on burks. deuce, bojan, donte also played pretty terrible too. we need randle and brunson to come back soon so these guys can have a smaller role. also would like to see og in that 3rd option role he started to embrace right before he got hurt

Deuce shot poorly but otherwise played well. Played great defense (Murray was 2-7 when Deuce defended him) and distributed well (9 assists, 1 turnover). His PG play looks much better lately.

But yea, it’s tough for everyone without a legit #1 or even #2 option so everyone is out in a tough spot
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,521

Post#102 » by rajajackal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:38 pm

josh hart almost willed this on his own. burks did the opposite. everyone else played bad too, but the effort was there. donte lazily throwing the ball away for no reason was the dagger
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by rajajackal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:42 pm

Buttah304 wrote:iHart 2.0

iHart boxing out

this that real talk that we need around here. forum got way too hype that the white boy didn't suck after we lost our true starting center
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#104 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:51 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i only caught the second half of the game, but from what i saw the loss isnt entirely on burks. deuce, bojan, donte also played pretty terrible too. we need randle and brunson to come back soon so these guys can have a smaller role. also would like to see og in that 3rd option role he started to embrace right before he got hurt

Deuce shot poorly but otherwise played well. Played great defense (Murray was 2-7 when Deuce defended him) and distributed well (9 assists, 1 turnover). His PG play looks much better lately.

But yea, it’s tough for everyone without a legit #1 or even #2 option so everyone is out in a tough spot

all that, and atlanta was all the way up for this. like, anti-cleveland energy. they got muddy right with us. vibe check was correct. if you're a hawks fan, that's what you want to see the rest of the way regardless of who's out there. gully ****.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,516

Post#105 » by Capn'O » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:56 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

all that, and atlanta was all the way up for this. like, anti-cleveland energy. they got muddy right with us. vibe check was correct. if you're a hawks fan, that's what you want to see the rest of the way regardless of who's out there. gully ****.

Imo they're better without Trae.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,764

Post#106 » by Buttah304 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:58 pm

I’m just not trying to see Boston until the ECF. Fans have every right to say “bring them on” in the 2nd Round but that’s utterly outrageous to me. Especially when you consider we’re gonna need as much time to gel as possible. The 3 seed would have been nice to play 6. If you end up 4-5 you’re seeing Cs early. In theory it wouldn’t be awful to end up 7 - but that means you gotta take out Giannis first round potentially.

Everyone keeps talking about our January. The only thing I can compare this to (and this is being super bullish which I’m not a fan of) is the Nuggets in 20-21. They finally clicked in March and April and went 15-3 prior to Jamal Murray getting hurt which crushed their lofty goals. Murray then missed ALL of the following year. Comes back healthy and they win it all with an all time great in Jokic in 22-23.

All that to say, Knicks were 14-2 in January and then the wheels absolutely fell off health wise. It took the eventual champion Nuggets quite some time to regain the magic they had lost. If you wanna sit here and believe we can re-coup this all in a matter of weeks all the more to you. Feels like an up hill battle and saying things like we’re just as good as the Cs if healthy…well…pass the courvoisier
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#107 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:45 pm

rajajackal wrote:

iHart boxing out

this that real talk that we need around here. forum got way too hype that the white boy didn't suck after we lost our true starting center

What the **** are you talking about?

It's clear the guy is injured and playing through a painful injury.

He didn't just drop off for no reason.

Buttah also isn't escaping this with the original trash post. Complete garbage take.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,031

Post#108 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:55 pm

I don’t think Burks and Bojan were the reason we lost cuz everyone was bad but their minutes in the 4th pretty much ended the comeback. They missed a lot of opened big shots that pretty much sealed the game.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,598

Post#109 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:08 pm

Guano wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:F0urni3rovich

This is fourni3r slander

It's one of those situations where nobody looks good
Buttah304
Analyst

Post#110 » by Buttah304 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:10 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

iHart boxing out

Buttah also isn't escaping this with the original trash post. Complete garbage take.

You’re just upset because you said not getting Terry Rozier was a travesty of this organization/front office
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,598

Post#111 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:12 pm

We need MJ to be more aggressive.

Regression to the mean baby.

It's all part of the plan, trust me on this.
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#112 » by ohboy109 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:27 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:WTF?

What's with the defeatism?

With Brunson, Randle, OG and Mitch back we're going to tear the league a fresh new butthole

The fact that Precious and Deuce are playing so well should hearten every Knicks fan that when the troops are back at full strength our bench is going to be a real weapon

They still not beating giannis or Tatum u crazy
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#113 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:30 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
rajajackal wrote:this that real talk that we need around here. forum got way too hype that the white boy didn't suck after we lost our true starting center

You’re just upset because you said not getting Terry Rozier was a travesty of this organization/front office

It wasn’t a travesty but he’s still better than Burks.

Dissing a guy playing with a clearly serious and painful injury is no bueno.

Guy shouldn’t even be playing right now. He’s been hurt for a while.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Buttah304
Analyst

Post#114 » by Buttah304 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:43 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

I’ll be fair - he’s definitely not right. He’s not the most spry C in the world but he looks unusually slow. Never the most explosive big but his legs looks absolutely shot/zero lift. He’s a player who wears his emotions on his sleeve and he’s expressionless out there. Clearly he knows he’s not as healthy as he needs to be.

Having said that, I just feel that as a fanbase we tend to overrate our C depth. There is team Mitch (with the offensive rebounding and what he did to Allen/Mobley). There is team iHart (the rim defense and elbow passing) and there is a brewing team Precious because of his 2 way impact and some of the creation off the dribble we’ve seen as of late.

With all that being said, we still don’t have a C that can stretch the floor and make teams pay 20+ feet out. To force the oppositions big to leave the paint thus opening the driving lanes while creating better spacing. While I can appreciate the depth, they all seem to be missing the same damn ingredient.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,177

Post#115 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:59 pm

Listen, for us to "shock the world," it would take a lot of things falling into place and I'm not sure seeding is so crucial to that. Momentum def matters but we'd have to overcome a few things to pull out a stunner.

So, not time to call a wrap on the season just yet. We were 14-2 for a reason.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,591

Post#116 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by rajajackal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:04 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

i think he's a good center and i'm glad he's showed what he can do. he also showed, perhaps like mitch has as well, that it is difficult to sustain tom thibodeau starting center minutes over time. my hope is that when mitch returns, they can both play a similar amount and take the load off of each other's wear and tear. just saying, people got too excited about hartenstein being "better" than mitch simply because he is more well-rounded. mitch has a very elite skill (defense) that goes beyond the stat sheet and happens to matter more against starting talent. the closest thing isaiah has to an elite skill is his passing, which i do think warrants a lot of play time - particularly with the bench guys who struggle to create offense and could use a fulcrum for off-ball movement to find good looks
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,736

Post#118 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:55 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
And what have the Celts done in the playoffs? And why are you so quick to bow down to them?

They've made the ECF several times and the finals, they are battle tested, everyone in their starting 5 outside of Kristaps has played in a finals :banghead:

Bow dow? They are having a dominant season, some of you have to get out of this Knicks bubble and check out the rest of the league, they're 48-13.

They're beatable and when healthy we were equally dominant without Mitch.

This is just delusional, just as dominant? We were 12-9 this year with Robinson. We lost 3 times to the Celtics with him, and 2 of them were double digit losses, they had 74 pts at the half in one of those games. Be for real.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,752

Post#119 » by RHODEY » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:00 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They've made the ECF several times and the finals, they are battle tested, everyone in their starting 5 outside of Kristaps has played in a finals :banghead:

Bow dow? They are having a dominant season, some of you have to get out of this Knicks bubble and check out the rest of the league, they're 48-13.

They're beatable and when healthy we were equally dominant without Mitch.

This is just delusional, just as dominant? We were 12-9 this year with Robinson. We lost 3 times to the Celtics with him, and 2 of them were double digit losses, they had 74 pts at the half in one of those games. Be for real.

Your cherry picking is delusional. Mitch has never shared the floor with OG. Remember Celts haven't faced that ..no one has but even without Mitch with OG we were steam rolling contending level teams like the Sixers and the Twolves.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,736

Post#120 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:06 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:They're beatable and when healthy we were equally dominant without Mitch.

Your cherry picking is delusional. Mitch has never shared the floor with OG. Remember Celts haven't faced that ..no one has but even without Mitch with OG we were steam rolling contending level teams like the Sixers and the Twolves.

LMAO, this is hilarious, so I'm cherry picking yet you're talking about us being just as dominant with a lineup that never played a single minute together. And how many times will it take for you to get that regular season isn't playoffs? We were 3-1 against the Heat last year.

This is embarrassing.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart

Return to New York Knicks