ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,632

Re: PG - At least we will always have Jan. 2024 

Post#141 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

this post is sooo long :lol: i can't read all that but i love the fact that he's out there dropping diss tracks on knicks twitter :lol:

bring mentality home mpharris !!!!!!!! he was just kidding about them guns :lol:

I didn't even know you can write that long on twitter :lol:

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,737

Post#142 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love how almost every interaction he has with other people eventually ends with him threatening to shoot them.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,169

Post#143 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
I got jumped in High School by an Asian Gang when I was brand new to Florida as a Freshman in H.S. they were called APG (Asian Pride Gangsters) and they **** me up and sent me to the hospital but only because I was rocking my blue #33 Patrick Ewing jersey. Let's just say it didn't end good for them when my neighborhood went to (their neighborhood) and they were forced to watch me (1 on 1) beat the living dog **** out of their #LEADER a couple of months later (we waited)

first thing i thought of

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,014

Post#144 » by robillionaire » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:04 pm

I subscribed to his YouTube, I bought shares early
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,537

Post#145 » by rajajackal » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:01 am

nobody wanna make a gt in this climate
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,716

Post#146 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:36 am

god shammgod wrote:
I got jumped in High School by an Asian Gang when I was brand new to Florida as a Freshman in H.S. they were called APG (Asian Pride Gangsters) and they **** me up and sent me to the hospital but only because I was rocking my blue #33 Patrick Ewing jersey. Let's just say it didn't end good for them when my neighborhood went to (their neighborhood) and they were forced to watch me (1 on 1) beat the living dog **** out of their #LEADER a couple of months later (we waited)

https://youtu.be/KnRrvMYNUbI?t=68
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,093

Post#147 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:15 am

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Burks was shooting 40.1% from 3 on the pistons this season and 29% here. Wtf happened?

Perhaps Thibs just lets him do whatever he wants and he needs to be guided more strictly

You don’t think he played the same way on the Pistons? My first instinct would be to say he hasn’t adjusted to the team or the lights of the garden are too bright but he’s played here before and made shots here before so it can’t be that. He’s just in an insane shooting slump and at this rate he may not survive it. If he can’t hit 3s at 40% he’s a major negative. A lot of the shots are wide open too. He should reduce his attempts and try to focus on shot selection but even then the ball is just not going in for him

TBH, you just described a coaching script. Thibs needs to settle him down or bench him
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#148 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:26 am

god shammgod wrote:too many things have to go right this year for us even if you think we can beat the celtics. we have to get 3 of our top guys back and in playing shape with very little time left. then they have to find their chemistry playing together. then you'll have to likely win every series on the road since it doesn't seem like we're gonna hold onto a top 4 spot. it's a lot to ask.

Heat were 8 seed. Went to the finals. With our guys back we're probably a better team, but it does come down to too many variables which is why there's no point in predicting anything, including crowning the Celtics EC champs prematurely.

Everything can go right for a team, including their opponents having key injuries, and they could still blow their opportunity.

I won't confuse grit for talent, but with our guys back the talent is there. And our grit may be underestimated as one of those everything goes right variables.

I've lived through the Miracle Mets and the 86 Mets and the 1999 Knicks, all enough to know sometimes championship runs hinge on things like a first baseman letting a ball roll through his legs.

My disposition remains optimistic without being presumptive.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#149 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:28 am

cgmw wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:too many things have to go right this year for us even if you think we can beat the celtics. we have to get 3 of our top guys back and in playing shape with very little time left. then they have to find their chemistry playing together. then you'll have to likely win every series on the road since it doesn't seem like we're gonna hold onto a top 4 spot. it's a lot to ask.

Nah, we're winning every series on the road against teams that have been healthier than us, don't bow down!

The entire Conference has bad odds vs the Celtics. I’m not normally an optimist but there’s a very real “lightning in a bottle” scenario unfolding here where Randle, OG and Mitch actually dominate the Playoffs because they’re not beat to sh*t by a full season under Maniac.

That is, if your boy Mitch can get his conditioning right. The other two are generic/workout freaks and will be back to form quickly.

I've lived to see the day when CGMW is the forum optimist

Life is Good
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#150 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:29 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

jesus

Does this mean we can trade Burks for Taj now?
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#151 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:29 am

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

this post is sooo long :lol: i can't read all that but i love the fact that he's out there dropping diss tracks on knicks twitter :lol:

bring mentality home mpharris !!!!!!!! he was just kidding about them guns :lol:

NO
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#152 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:32 am

Knick4Real wrote:Does anyone understand the OG injury? All I know is that he had swelling in his elbow. That doesn't seem to warrant the long absence he's had, which has hurt the team and our playoff hopes.

Did I miss something? Is it really only a swollen elbow or something more severe??

He had some loose bone fragments removed, probably similar to scoping out a knee and cleaning up the debris. It was said to be a successful surgery so he should be fine.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,532

Post#153 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:50 am

We've got the talent to challenge for something meaningful and the health to lose to the Wizards. I don't know what's gonna happen. Gotta get healthy and go from there. Maybe the Heat take out the Celtics again.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,601

Post#154 » by mdenny » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:25 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:Does anyone understand the OG injury? All I know is that he had swelling in his elbow. That doesn't seem to warrant the long absence he's had, which has hurt the team and our playoff hopes.

Did I miss something? Is it really only a swollen elbow or something more severe??

He had some loose bone fragments removed, probably similar to scoping out a knee and cleaning up the debris. It was said to be a successful surgery so he should be fine.

OG is a great defensive player. But check his injury history. It's bizarre. He takes twice as long to return from injuries compared to other players with the same ailments. And it happens EVERY year like clockwork. I started thinking that he might enjoy the downtime. Either that or he is the unluckiest player in the league.

I never seen an injury history like his. It's not even indicative if a guy with a recurring problem in a knee or something like that. It's his wrist, then it's his ankle, then it's his other ankle, then it's his other wrist, then it's his ribs, then it's his shoulder, then it's his other shoulder, then it's his finger, then it's his toe, then it's his left hand....etc etc.

And for every one of these injuries....he's out close to double the time that is first assumed.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,749

Post#155 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:39 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
cgmw wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Nah, we're winning every series on the road against teams that have been healthier than us, don't bow down!

The entire Conference has bad odds vs the Celtics. I’m not normally an optimist but there’s a very real “lightning in a bottle” scenario unfolding here where Randle, OG and Mitch actually dominate the Playoffs because they’re not beat to sh*t by a full season under Maniac.

That is, if your boy Mitch can get his conditioning right. The other two are generic/workout freaks and will be back to form quickly.

I've lived to see the day when CGMW is the forum optimist

Life is Good

I’m a realist. The same team that dominated January seems to be forming fresh for Playoffs. If I’m the Celtics, I’d rather see the Bucks or Sixers than a healthy Knicks team.

That said, let’s be real… Leon is fine punting til 2025. What really matters is that we show out well enough to increase trade leverage for Leon’s long-awaited alpha acquisition.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,496

Post#156 » by DOT » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:49 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love how almost every interaction he has with other people eventually ends with him threatening to shoot them.

And telling them to give him a list of players:

"Give me a list of 83 players that are paid more than Josh Hart that are better than Josh Hart"

Just like, as a guy who knows a tiny bit about video editing, can I just say this dude sucks at making videos. Like, what even is this, he has a landscape video inside a vertical screen inside another landscape. You can't see sh*t. And then not only is the audio for the clips he's showing out of sync with the video (literally basic editing), his audio is pre-recorded. Mentality, cause I know you're reading this, buddy, if you're recording audio of yourself, you can script it. Please do that next time, write it out beforehand and listen to it. Do multiple takes, cut around parts that don't sound right, you can do that when making a video

I will say to be positive though, this is art:

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,014

Post#157 » by robillionaire » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:27 pm

DOT wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

And telling them to give him a list of players:

"Give me a list of 83 players that are paid more than Josh Hart that are better than Josh Hart"

Just like, as a guy who knows a tiny bit about video editing, can I just say this dude sucks at making videos. Like, what even is this, he has a landscape video inside a vertical screen inside another landscape. You can't see sh*t. And then not only is the audio for the clips he's showing out of sync with the video (literally basic editing), his audio is pre-recorded. Mentality, cause I know you're reading this, buddy, if you're recording audio of yourself, you can script it. Please do that next time, write it out beforehand and listen to it. Do multiple takes, cut around parts that don't sound right, you can do that when making a video

I will say to be positive though, this is art:

The audio is coming from some sort of Knicks discord group call that he called in on then he throws that over some video clips
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,598

Post#158 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:11 pm

There is just no way NYKMentality has a job, right? Who finds the time to do **** like that? :lol:
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#159 » by Knick4Real » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:04 pm

mdenny wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

OG is a great defensive player. But check his injury history. It's bizarre. He takes twice as long to return from injuries compared to other players with the same ailments. And it happens EVERY year like clockwork. I started thinking that he might enjoy the downtime. Either that or he is the unluckiest player in the league.

I never seen an injury history like his. It's not even indicative if a guy with a recurring problem in a knee or something like that. It's his wrist, then it's his ankle, then it's his other ankle, then it's his other wrist, then it's his ribs, then it's his shoulder, then it's his other shoulder, then it's his finger, then it's his toe, then it's his left hand....etc etc.

And for every one of these injuries....he's out close to double the time that is first assumed.

This is what I was wanting to know from my original question. Good information to know.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,684

Post#160 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:32 am

mdenny wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Maybe he saw the Randle injury and immediately thought he'd be playing 45 minutes like Thibs is doing to Josh Hart and was like, you know what? I'll just come back when Julius Randle is healthy so I get normal minutes

Return to New York Knicks