ImageImageImageImageImage

pg: we won..

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,842

Re: pg: we won.. 

Post#141 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#142 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:17 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That is all...

Thibs is going to keep him in the rotation and banish Bojan tbh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bojan and Burks are going to be situational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,108

Post#143 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:17 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#144 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,031

Post#145 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:40 pm

I don’t think it be too crazy that precious gets minutes over Bojan in the playoffs. I keep going back and forth whether that will be a good idea but precious has been a lot better here than Bojan.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#146 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:54 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Swhinny podcast giving Thibs props kinda feels like hell freezing over. :lol:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#147 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:06 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

They can all come home
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#148 » by Jeffrey » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:07 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Kenny Smith preferred Paolo to Brunson and Randle...

Doesn’t mean much what he thinks. He’s not one of the basketball geniuses.

Shaq and Chuck of course are just entertainers, not much analysis. So I laugh at how Kenny is supposed to be the professorial one, just because he wears glasses. His insights when he uses the big replay screen are superficial.

It's also Kenny's turtleneck.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#149 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:13 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

They can all come home

Plenty of real estate on Thibs island for everyone to come back home.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#150 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:12 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:It’s quiet as **** in here.

With the win, the anxiety finally dissipated to the point where we all just fell asleep happy for once :lol:
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,052

Post#151 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:16 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:

With the win, the anxiety finally dissipated to the point where we all just fell asleep happy for once :lol:

Bummer dudes like to post after losses more then wins

Whatever floats their boat
ImageImageImage
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,172

Post#152 » by aggo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:32 pm

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#153 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:41 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Bummer dudes like to post after losses more then wins

Whatever floats their boat

The RJ wars have almost ended. It used to kill threads in games he didn't even play in. :lol: It still pops up in the win/win trade discussion but, for the most part it's over.
:beer: RIP mags
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,886

Post#154 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:46 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That is all...

He's a 13 mpg guy behind Randle when the roster is fully healthy.

However, He's literally the perfect starting PF to pair next to KAT.

He has to work on that 3pt shot though. He has shown a couple of years ago that he can hit at 36%.

Let's face it. We have to counter KP to have any shot at a championship during Brunson's prime. KP spreads you out, but doesn't have to defend anyone on the Knicks....just hang out around the paint, block shots and intimidate.

With KAT as your center, KP will be forced to be fully engaged in sticking to his man and guarding the 3pt line. With KP chasing KAT around, everyone else can eat in the paint and on the offensive boards.
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,037

Post#155 » by Galvationknicks » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:10 pm

aggo wrote:

Just about to post it lol

Funny thing I was seeing these things watching the game. The magic defense was so bad I didn't understand what they were doing
JB is Him
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,690

Post#156 » by cgf » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:10 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That is all...

He has to work on that 3pt shot though. He has shown a couple of years ago that he can hit at 36%.

Let's face it. We have to counter KP to have any shot at a championship during Brunson's prime. KP spreads you out, but doesn't have to defend anyone on the Knicks....just hang out around the paint, block shots and intimidate.

With KAT as your center, KP will be forced to be fully engaged in sticking to his man and guarding the 3pt line. With KP chasing KAT around, everyone else can eat in the paint and on the offensive boards.

That's the nice thing about our roster...if we get healthy...because if we are healthy and a stretch 5 is neutralizing RobinHart's effectiveness, then we can just roll with a Randle, Achiuwa, Anunoby front court to counter that 3pt shooting Center while still dominating the rebound battle and having good rim protection from OG & Precious.

But we'll see if teams actually force us into that. WCJ is a really good shooting center, who plays next to one of the most dynamic 4s in the league, and we had no qualms about playing IH or Jericho next to Precious. We have the option to counter it if we run into a team that can force us to play Achiuwa/Anunoby as our rim protector, but I'm not sure how much we'll actually have to.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#157 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:25 pm

cgf wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That is all...

That's the nice thing about our roster...if we get healthy...because if we are healthy and a stretch 5 is neutralizing RobinHart's effectiveness, then we can just roll with a Randle, Achiuwa, Anunoby front court to counter that 3pt shooting Center while still dominating the rebound battle and having good rim protection from OG & Precious.

But we'll see if teams actually force us into that. WCJ is a really good shooting center, who plays next to one of the most dynamic 4s in the league, and we had no qualms about playing IH or Jericho next to Precious. We have the option to counter it if we run into a team that can force us to play Achiuwa/Anunoby as our rim protector, but I'm not sure how much we'll actually have to.

Nothing about Thibs' tendencies and style indicates he's interested in going small if there's 2 very good, healthy, 7-footers on the roster.

If Mitch and I.Hart are healthy, they'll get all 48 of the minutes at Center.

Thibs would rather play 2 centers together than go small. :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,690

Post#158 » by cgf » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:34 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
cgf wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:He's a 13 mpg guy behind Randle when the roster is fully healthy.

Nothing about Thibs' tendencies and style indicates he's interested in going small if there's 2 very good, healthy, 7-footers on the roster.

I know the memes but Thibs would rather win, so if a team was able to neutralize RobinHart and playing either of them over Precious or OG was hurting us, Thibs would try something else if he had the option.

We saw him give OG some run as a small ball 5 before he got hurt and he went small despite having two available centers just a few games ago...I forget which one it was, but I clearly remember us closing out the 4th with Precious + 4 guards (if we count Hart as a guard), despite both Jericho & IH both being available.*

Thibs may not experiment to much in games when things are working, but he's not dogmatic when they're not and he has alternatives that are.

*IIRC some folks on here even complained about Thibs only giving IH 13-14 minutes in that game because of his decision to close with Precious and the guards/small-wings.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#159 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:49 pm

cgf wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
cgf wrote:

I know the memes but Thibs would rather win, so if a team was able to neutralize RobinHart and playing either of them over Precious or OG was hurting us, Thibs would try something else if he had the option.

We saw him give OG some run as a small ball 5 before he got hurt and he went small despite having two available centers just a few games ago...I forget which one it was, but I clearly remember us closing out the 4th with Precious + 4 guards (if we count Hart as a guard), despite both Jericho & IH both being available.*

Thibs may not experiment to much in games when things are working, but he's not dogmatic when they're not and he has alternatives that are.

*IIRC some folks on here even complained about Thibs only giving IH 13-14 minutes in that game because of his decision to close with Precious and the guards/small-wings.

When has Thibs gone small with Mitch and I.Hart healthy? They are both VERY good, but limited centers.

Thibs loves his 7-footers. If Mitch and I.Hart are available and healthy, It would be an absolute miracle if Thibs makes the in-game adjustment of sitting both of them to go small vs a team with a 7ft center in the game.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,465

Post#160 » by gavran » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:05 pm

Also f*** leagpass. It was 8 minutes left of the 4th quarter up by 23, when I clicked fast forward during a timeout and saw there is 42 minutes left from the stream. I though somehow the game went to overtime.

Return to New York Knicks