PG: Knicks Tamp On Sixers Maxey Pad

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Re: PG: Knicks Tamp On Sixers Maxey Pad 

Post#141 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:42 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Please watch the next game, with an eye on the off-ball help defense by OG.

Rarely have I seen a player with such an elite level help defense. Who is and how many are better?

Him and a healthy Mitch would be amazing.

I know people say this with Mitch a lot but, the numbers with Hartensteing are INSANE and going to be hard to beat.

OG w/Hartenstein per CleaningtheGlass: 100.7 points allowed per 100. 100th percentile defensively

When you remove Hartenstein and make Sims the Center it moves up to 104.8 which is still in the 98th percentile :lol:

Basically OG with a decent rim protector almost guarantees you a top flight defense.

The scary thing that the Knicks didn't have before is now they have a possibility of a small ball death lineup with Precious at C.

OG w/ Precious as the C is at 95.9 pts against per 100 possessions, but offensively they are at 126.4 per 100 possessions :o

100th percentile defensively and 98th percentile offensively. Video game type stuff lol

Now if we can get a healthy Randle, then think about how scary we can become.

OG/Randle/Precious has a small sample size. About 83 possessions worth but, we are a staggering +49.3 per 100 possessions in those minutes.

The added spacing of Precious at the 5 would let Randle FEAST. Same with Hartenstein.

Please Randle get healthy :pray: :pray: :pray:

Overall, I think we have a chance to be the 2nd best team in the league if all players are healthy. Boston is a near flawless team. Their worst shooter from 3 is Jrue. Everyone else is a bucket if left open from 3. There are guys who are lesser on defense, but most players are + and they have enough good defenders to not have to double/overly help.

The biggest difference when comparing to them is that they have 4-5 legit offensive threats whereas our team we have 2-3 on the floor. Our center is a non-threat on offense and if we have Hart and/or precious out there we are working VERY hard to get the ball in the hands of an actual scorer.

BIG much needed and very comforting win last night. We need that 2-3 seed.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,177

Post#142 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Here's the truth too - he'll do it in the playoffs too - I don't think I've ever seen a more selfish and horrible player

I wish Josh Hart would get some of Burks' chucker mojo injected into him - like a small dose

Between McBrides developing offensive game ,xRandles return and Shake Milton (potentially) Burks usage could end up below 8 minutes a game for the playoffs.

He should be benched. His ball handling isn't worth dealing with how awful he is efficiency wise.

Deuce and Hart can handle ball handling in the 2nd unit. I need to see what Shake can bring.

Should be
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,172

Post#143 » by aggo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:14 pm

u guys are just getting worked up about nothing over burks

he isn't gonna play in the real games. everyone, even the ppl that think thibs lives in an alternate reality knows this
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,401

Post#144 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:16 pm

Shake has looked shaky at best in his garbage time run...I don't know if he needs more time to get comfortable with a new team so will play better or that he's just a guy who sits at the end of the bench waiting for his garbage time mins to come and not much more than that.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
aggo
RealGM

Post#145 » by aggo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:16 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I know people say this with Mitch a lot but, the numbers with Hartensteing are INSANE and going to be hard to beat.

OG w/Hartenstein per CleaningtheGlass: 100.7 points allowed per 100. 100th percentile defensively

When you remove Hartenstein and make Sims the Center it moves up to 104.8 which is still in the 98th percentile :lol:

Basically OG with a decent rim protector almost guarantees you a top flight defense.

The scary thing that the Knicks didn't have before is now they have a possibility of a small ball death lineup with Precious at C.

OG w/ Precious as the C is at 95.9 pts against per 100 possessions, but offensively they are at 126.4 per 100 possessions :o

100th percentile defensively and 98th percentile offensively. Video game type stuff lol

OG/Randle/Precious has a small sample size. About 83 possessions worth but, we are a staggering +49.3 per 100 possessions in those minutes.

The added spacing of Precious at the 5 would let Randle FEAST. Same with Hartenstein.

Overall, I think we have a chance to be the 2nd best team in the league if all players are healthy. Boston is a near flawless team. Their worst shooter from 3 is Jrue. Everyone else is a bucket if left open from 3. There are guys who are lesser on defense, but most players are + and they have enough good defenders to not have to double/overly help.

The biggest difference when comparing to them is that they have 4-5 legit offensive threats whereas our team we have 2-3 on the floor. Our center is a non-threat on offense and if we have Hart and/or precious out there we are working VERY hard to get the ball in the hands of an actual scorer.

I saw the Houston game.

you should really go back and see it too. Precious is not a C, and playing him at C for anything other than the most specific and highly confined instances (like ATO plays at the end of the game or half) is a mistake. it's the same mistake that got him traded to us.

He's not a C and isn't a good defender for changing shots at the rim.

that's the entire conundrum of Precious as a player. his shooting isn't good enough to be a spacer at the 4 or 5 playing 30mpg. Hell I'd argue he probably isn't even a 25mpg player on a contending team.

and his size isn't enough to play C to alter shots at the rim. It's the entire reason why "he was a throw in" because Masai believes in constructing the avengers for roster building. if you aren't a ball handler or shoot threes or a center, what are you? that's the league today.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,203

Post#146 » by Juco24 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:08 am

KnicksGod wrote:Payne probably has the weirdest jumper ever

Their backup C has a weird looking shot too
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#147 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:19 am

Achiuwa and Josh need to work hard on their three point shot... they both can play along with our Big 3 if they become a threat from there
Strength and Honour!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,177

Post#148 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:43 am

aggo wrote:u guys are just getting worked up about nothing over burks

he isn't gonna play in the real games. everyone, even the ppl that think thibs lives in an alternate reality knows this

Not trying to inject controversy - and obviously I feel a certain way - but I think he is at worst going to share time with Deuce in the playoffs, and neither may play a lot. The Knicks' guards are basically all healthy and he's playing. So what's the basis for saying this? Randle and Mitch are not going to eat into AB's wonderful time on the court.

The dude really thinks it's his right to shoot or he thinks it makes him understanding of the modern game to not pass up any shots.

It is torture lol.
aggo
RealGM

Post#149 » by aggo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 am

Besart19 wrote:Achiuwa and Josh need to work hard on their three point shot... they both can play along with our Big 3 if they become a threat from there

yes that's the unlock for precious

if he can somehow turn himself into a decent three pt shooter, he can absolutely play 20-30mpg on a contending team. if not, he ends up suffering from the same problem that got him traded to us.

he needs good teammates to make him look good
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#150 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:43 pm

aggo wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Achiuwa and Josh need to work hard on their three point shot... they both can play along with our Big 3 if they become a threat from there

yes that's the unlock for precious

if he can somehow turn himself into a decent three pt shooter, he can absolutely play 20-30mpg on a contending team. if not, he ends up suffering from the same problem that got him traded to us.

he needs good teammates to make him look good

Also

Brunson
McBride
Hart
Randle
Achiuwa

when you want to play in transition and force bad shots and turnovers as much as you can
Strength and Honour!
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#151 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm

I think Precious can get better with his shot.

A shot can be improved. Effort, basketball IQ and fundamentals can't be. He has all of those.

If he can fix his shot he can be a real good role player.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,037

Post#152 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,322

Post#153 » by The Lamma » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I really wanna see OG pull up for some mid range jumpers instead of over dribbling.

That's my one OG critique. I get kinda nervous when he puts the ball on the floor.

Ditto. He has had some turnovers here. Improvising isn't his strength. There are times when he does this where you can tell he really had no plan on what he was going to do. When he knows where he's going with the ball and makes a decisive move, it's fine. Truly my only critique as well.

His three point shooting from the corners is an underrated weapon. I'd like to see his volume go up here. Iirc he's shooting some insane percentage from there, something like 55%
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,322

Post#154 » by The Lamma » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:09 pm

stuporman wrote:Shake has looked shaky at best in his garbage time run...I don't know if he needs more time to get comfortable with a new team so will play better or that he's just a guy who sits at the end of the bench waiting for his garbage time mins to come and not much more than that.

It's true he hasn't looked great. I do think (hope?) that it's rust though. He's been bounced all over the place this year and his minutes are down. When he was in the rotation in Philly he was solid, and even got votes for 6moy once.

Fckin Burps has been this life sucking force with his minutes, you almost have to try Shake in place of him at this point. When Burks entered the last game I thought "Ok, here comes Philly's run." And sure enough, we won that game by nearly 30 points and Burps managed a -7.

Before, you could at least say Burps is a better shooter, but not the way he's been shooting it in NY
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#155 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:16 pm

aggo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I saw the Houston game.

you should really go back and see it too. Precious is not a C, and playing him at C for anything other than the most specific and highly confined instances (like ATO plays at the end of the game or half) is a mistake. it's the same mistake that got him traded to us.

He's not a C and isn't a good defender for changing shots at the rim.

that's the entire conundrum of Precious as a player. his shooting isn't good enough to be a spacer at the 4 or 5 playing 30mpg. Hell I'd argue he probably isn't even a 25mpg player on a contending team.

and his size isn't enough to play C to alter shots at the rim. It's the entire reason why "he was a throw in" because Masai believes in constructing the avengers for roster building. if you aren't a ball handler or shoot threes or a center, what are you? that's the league today.

I think two things can be true. Precious is great with how we are using him and situationally is good at center. Our scheme typically relies more on a more successful rim protector so there's that.

Celtics basically follow your plan to a T, and they are elite at it so that's why they are so good.

OTOH, we seem to handle the Nuggets, we hold our own with basically every other team. The only team that seems to have our number is Dallas where IMO the games have been effectively rigged due to our stealing Brunson. Precious certainly has a role for us and very good/championship level teams seem to have guys like him (Nuggets Aaron Gordon is basically a rich mans Precious).
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,528

Post#156 » by Zenzibar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:53 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Please watch the next game, with an eye on the off-ball help defense by OG.

Rarely have I seen a player with such an elite level help defense. Who is and how many are better?

You should call your favorite podcast with this excellent post!

Thibs may have the best defensive team since he was an assistant to Jeff. Boston has JVG as an advisor and has some dogs and talent but Thibs has Brunson and arguable the best defensive force since a healthy Kawhi:

Hopefully the coaching staff is working on Randle not just physically, but melt instinctively into this team's defensive identity right now and not feel like a hero. Just a piece of the Brunson led team.
Stop All Genocides

Return to New York Knicks