ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,108

Re: PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain 

Post#121 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:39 am

god shammgod wrote:lot of animosity in here. hate to see it.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#122 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 am

Fat Kat wrote:Image

Too bad the page cut off
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,698

Post#123 » by Guano » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 am

Well well well

Melo get your azz in here. I was telling you thibs fcked up and you came in here like his shield. Now look, OG is crippled, career over and the Knicks season and franchise is ruined. Completely destroyed like a plate of food in front of you.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,846

Post#124 » by DaGawd » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:32 am

i’m having fun
BaF
Washington Wizards
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,650

Post#125 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:41 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

"Management" - doesn't sound like he will be out long but potential to linger. Wouldn't mind him missing the next one.

Would have actually preferred to have him for SAC and GSW and rest him against Denver but I guess it is what it is.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,137

Post#126 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:21 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I see folks are happy about the OG news. Very peculiar.

No. I'm sad he is already at risk of being sidelined after two games back.

He did not need to be in the game up by 20 points in the 4th quarter.

The game was already won, yet he played starter minutes in his second game back while he was wincing and screaming in the 4th quarter.

Do you have a good justification for this?

It's not like he needs the extra minutes to break down the scar tissue more rapidly.

You can still support Thibs and disagree with the way he handles a specific situation.

NOBODY is GLAD if he now misses time, so NO you're wrong to post this. It is not provocative. It's just being catty.

But we can agree to disagree about Thibs without insulting each other

All we said was he was In pain and didn’t have to be in the game up 20. Bash after bash lmao. Let them die on their Thibs hill. Average coach who can’t coach players that’s not his “type” foh. Only reason precious playing is because of Injuries. He would be situational just like he’s trying to make Bojan if he doesn’t play stifling defense first play. Nah it’s never Thibs….
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Davis18
Senior
And1: 736

Post#127 » by Davis18 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:42 am

F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

The game was already won, yet he played starter minutes in his second game back while he was wincing and screaming in the 4th quarter.

It's not like he needs the extra minutes to break down the scar tissue more rapidly.

You can still support Thibs and disagree with the way he handles a specific situation.

NOBODY is GLAD if he now misses time, so NO you're wrong to post this. It is not provocative. It's just being catty.

All we said was he was In pain and didn’t have to be in the game up 20. Bash after bash lmao. Let them die on their Thibs hill. Average coach who can’t coach players that’s not his “type” foh. Only reason precious playing is because of Injuries. He would be situational just like he’s trying to make Bojan if he doesn’t play stifling defense first play. Nah it’s never Thibs….

Thibs only cares about winning another coach of the year award.
Playoffs?!?! Who cares about playoffs.
Regular season record is all about.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,950

Post#128 » by god shammgod » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:44 am

thibs does leave guys in too long at times in blow outs. but at the same time the medical team signs off on a player being ready and they decided he was. if they felt he should be on a minutes limit, he would have been on one. it's not really even the coaches job to deal with these things. he's no more qualified to diagnose these things than you or I. seems like the medical team should have held him out longer.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,846

Post#129 » by DaGawd » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:thibs does leave guys in too long at times in blow outs. but at the same time the medical team signs off on a player being ready and they decided he was. if they felt he should be on a minutes limit, he would have been on one. it's not really even the coaches job to deal with these things. he's no more qualified to diagnose these things than you or I. seems like the medical team should have held him out longer.

facts. these are the real folks the thibs bashers should be blaming more than anyone if og ends up aggravating his recovery. the medical team felt he was ready to play, he wouldn’t be playing without their clearance, thibs has nothing to do to with that
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,387

Post#130 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:05 pm

Guano wrote:Well well well

Melo get your azz in here. I was telling you thibs fcked up and you came in here like his shield. Now look, OG is crippled, career over and the Knicks season and franchise is ruined. Completely destroyed like a plate of food in front of you.

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,387

Post#131 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:07 pm

DaGawd wrote:
god shammgod wrote:thibs does leave guys in too long at times in blow outs. but at the same time the medical team signs off on a player being ready and they decided he was. if they felt he should be on a minutes limit, he would have been on one. it's not really even the coaches job to deal with these things. he's no more qualified to diagnose these things than you or I. seems like the medical team should have held him out longer.

facts. these are the real folks the thibs bashers should be blaming more than anyone if og ends up aggravating his recovery. the medical team felt he was ready to play, he wouldn’t be playing without their clearance, thibs has nothing to do to with that

but even then, i've noticed a bunch of times when people are calling for thibs to take out our starters, the other team still has their starters in. so i think that's overblown to some degree as well.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,689

Post#132 » by cgf » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:18 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

but even then, i've noticed a bunch of times when people are calling for thibs to take out our starters, the other team still has their starters in. so i think that's overblown to some degree as well.

I suppose there's an argument to be made that we would be better off sacrificing some wins by letting teams go on runs without bringing any starters back on, if that ensured we hit the playoffs healthy. Problem is that that wouldn't guarantee better health, the only thing it would guarantee would be fewer home playoff games and a tougher path.

The other night, Brunson & then OG came back in because Portland was chipping away at the lead without one of them on the court. When Brunson came in it was down to only 12ish points, and Thibs didn't want to just leave Brunson in for the rest of the game. So after Jalen had helped extend the lead again, Thibs wanted to rest him but didn't want to let the Blazers go on another run to try to make it close again, like they had the last time both OG & Jalen sat.

Would they have pulled the comeback off if Thibs had left OG on the bench? Probably not, but they were seizing the momentum when we had our two stars on the bench, so it's hard to blame thibs for not going back to those lineups that Portland was building momentum against with the W still in the balance.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,950

Post#133 » by god shammgod » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

the coach is always the guy who's the easiest to blame at all times. that's all sports, all teams. there are times we're up 20 and there's 3 minutes left and everyone is still in for no good reason. and there's times we need guys to play 44 minutes or whatever to actually win these games. it's not all black and white. but if og is hurt again 2 games after being cleared to come back that's not really his fault. he played 35 minutes. a healthy player should be able to play that.
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 145

Post#134 » by JayTWill » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm

cgf wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:facts. these are the real folks the thibs bashers should be blaming more than anyone if og ends up aggravating his recovery. the medical team felt he was ready to play, he wouldn’t be playing without their clearance, thibs has nothing to do to with that

I suppose there's an argument to be made that we would be better off sacrificing some wins by letting teams go on runs without bringing any starters back on, if that ensured we hit the playoffs healthy. Problem is that that wouldn't guarantee better health, the only thing it would guarantee would be fewer home playoff games and a tougher path.

The other night, Brunson & then OG came back in because Portland was chipping away at the lead without one of them on the court. When Brunson came in it was down to only 12ish points, and Thibs didn't want to just leave Brunson in for the rest of the game. So after Jalen had helped extend the lead again, Thibs wanted to rest him but didn't want to let the Blazers go on another run to try to make it close again, like they had the last time both OG & Jalen sat.

Would they have pulled the comeback off if Thibs had left OG on the bench? Probably not, but they were seizing the momentum when we had our two stars on the bench, so it's hard to blame thibs for not going back to those lineups that Portland was building momentum against with the W still in the balance.

Thibs has been in a tough position with all the injuries the team has sustained forcing him to play a shorter rotation and some guys heavier minutes but i'm not even sure if his imbalanced minutes distribution at times and his obsession of winning every minute of every game has helped the team in the regular season.

I don't blame him for every injury and every minute he plays someone but some of his decisions are still questionable. Playing iHart with a sore Achilles heavy minutes in many games in a dominant January rather than having a longer leash with Precious or Sims may not have affected wins and losses at all but iHart's minutes were much more needed in February. Instead he was hobbled along with the team's entire starting front court injured.

Trading for Burks and Bojan added depth but 2 games later Thibs had benched McBride for the entire second half while playing DDV entire time until he was injured halfway through the fourth quarter in a game that the team lost to a terrible Rockets team without FFV. Was an inexperienced McBride much worse than a fatigued DDV that it was worth pushing him to that limit? It didn't even secure the win in the end.

Being up 23 when Brunson went to the bench against the Grizzlies 2nd and 3rd stringers Thibs brought Brunson back in the game up 20 for Flynn who was having a decent game. The lead went from 20 to 10 in two minutes ending a Brunson injury. The team then went on to win by ten. The team was able to survive and even performed better without Brunson against that level of competition.

Once again Thibs is not to blame for all of the injuries but i'm still not sure if his minutes distribution even helps in the short term let alone in the long term. I definitely wish he was more willing to sacrifice in the short term at times to help with fatigue and possible injury of key players but also to get more experience in tougher situations for other guys to be prepared for the playoffs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,050

Post#135 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:40 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I came home and opened the thread and found posts with trolling and insults in the trolling mode we had gotten away from and I was pissed at the lack of respect for a difference of opinions.

As far as Thibs goes I've been very clear in the past about giving him respect for the job he's done, the professionalism he has brought to the organization, the effort he gets out of his players and the very positive toughness we bring to the games now.

Similarly, I've been very clear that for some reason he is oblivious to the physical limits of individual players and seems incapable of taking any cues as to when to sit them down before they physically implode. This was starkly illustrated in the last game when OG had clearly demonstrated their abilities, had made their contributions to putting the game away, yet was still in there playing extended minutes in a game all but won while demonstratively being in great pain.

Someone may disagree with me on this, but in no way am I mocking them for that. Every one should be entitled to their opinion without being trolled for it.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,050

Post#136 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:44 pm

Yes, agreed. What you are saying is not controversial IMO. It's just common sense. Easing a player back into the rotation when coming back from surgery is what most coaches do. Thibs just goes full blast right away. I find it peculiar and possibly destructive.
ImageImageImage
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#137 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:54 pm

Nice - looks like Thibs is doing alright with the minutes distribution

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/which-nba-team-plays-the-most-starter-minutes-per-game

Return to New York Knicks