ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RealGM
And1: 39,272

Re: PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain 

Post#101 » by 2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm

Biggest plus for McBride is now he’s starting to make 3’s off the dribble (not just C&S anymore). His confidence is beaming!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,172

Post#102 » by aggo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:56 pm

Alec Burks is my favorite NYK player
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,154

Post#103 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:57 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
j4remi wrote:I'm pretty happy to see Thibs is down to play Deuce/Brunson in tandem as long as he has OG out there...that's about the only big takeaway I've got from beating on a cellar dweller team. Deuce and Brunson is a fun combination of skill sets.

The whole team's shooting has been a bit worrisome lately. But I'm not too worried yet. OG's elbow will hopefully improve, Donte won't need to take 10 threes a night to space the floor, and Randle will get back and produce easier looks for everyone...everything's off motion right now, but Randle produces a lot of set shots that are wide open. So, I think things will come together as long as Randle can play and OG stays healthy.

We all know Thibs is super loyal, almost too loyal, to his vets and he loves Alec so for Deuce to pass him on a the depth chart is HUGE! Big kudos to Deuce for earning it and kudos to Thibs for doing the right thing. You can tell Deuce is one of his guys now and has that trust.

Deuce been that. Never understood any position otherwise.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,513

Post#104 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:10 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
j4remi wrote:I'm pretty happy to see Thibs is down to play Deuce/Brunson in tandem as long as he has OG out there...that's about the only big takeaway I've got from beating on a cellar dweller team. Deuce and Brunson is a fun combination of skill sets.

The whole team's shooting has been a bit worrisome lately. But I'm not too worried yet. OG's elbow will hopefully improve, Donte won't need to take 10 threes a night to space the floor, and Randle will get back and produce easier looks for everyone...everything's off motion right now, but Randle produces a lot of set shots that are wide open. So, I think things will come together as long as Randle can play and OG stays healthy.

We all know Thibs is super loyal, almost too loyal, to his vets and he loves Alec so for Deuce to pass him on a the depth chart is HUGE! Big kudos to Deuce for earning it and kudos to Thibs for doing the right thing. You can tell Deuce is one of his guys now and has that trust.

Deuce been that. Never understood any position otherwise.

Certainly over Burks. Even when Burks was getting minutes, Deuce was getting _all_ the backup point minutes. Now he's getting tandem minutes with Brunson as well.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#105 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 pm

2010 wrote:Biggest plus for McBride is now he’s starting to make 3’s off the dribble (not just C&S anymore). His confidence is beaming!

I have definitely noticed this too. He’s not just hitting tougher 3s, but he’s hitting contested mid range shots now too. Even shaking and baking a little as well. He’s basically doing what we wanted Grimes to do.

Deuce is very easy to root for. Seems like a cool guy, who is quiet but has style and toughness. Just a baller on a great contract.

If only he was a few inches taller, but we can say that about a lot of players and he’s got length/athleticism to make up for it.

He should take all of Alec’s minutes and be getting 20+ regularly.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,192

Post#106 » by Besart19 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:People are worried about OG, but Im worried about Donte.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3934673/donte-divincenzo

Look at Donte’s game log since the All Star break. Hideous shooting numbers, and his percentages are cratering. Bricking open shots and layups. The dude is either tired as hell or the law of averages is kicking his ass.

He almost had me convinced he took a leap and that we found our SG for a moment there. Will still probably break our three point record barring injury, but he’s below 40% now.

I want to see Deuce get more run at the 2 if Donte doesn’t get out of this slump.

i said he was getting overrated by this board a couple weeks ago. he's a lot like jr smith in terms of streakiness. it is what it is

He will be just fine when he will play 16-24 minutes per game off the bench after we get our superstar shooting guard :)

Brunson / McBride / Jokas
Factor X / Di Vincenzo / Draft
OG Anunoby / Hart / MLE vet
Randle / Achiuwa / Draft
Ayton / Hartenstein / Sims
Strength and Honour!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,839

Post#107 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:31 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,050

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:45 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh hey lookee here!

Another opportunity for the resident trolls to bash anyone who dares to criticize Thibs

Brilliant

You guys have a lot of nerve the way you insult other posters in here. Nobody insults you personally when they criticize the coach, but you just can't help rolling in the gutter by trolling anyone who does

If you want to disagree, then disagree. Otherwise, GROW THE F UP and zip your damn mouths if you can't disagree without insults
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#109 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:47 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh hey lookee here!

Another opportunity for the resident trolls to bash anyone who dares to criticize Thibs

Brilliant

You guys have a lot of nerve the way you insult other posters in here. Nobody insults you personally when they criticize the coach, but you just can't help rolling in the gutter by trolling anyone who does

If you want to disagree, then disagree. Otherwise, GROW THE F UP and zip your damn mouths if you can't disagree without insults

Tf?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#110 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:50 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh hey lookee here!

Brilliant

Tf?

:lol:

This thread has posters calling anyone who criticizes Thibs dimwits. They're even trying to bring back the foolish Frank hive meme. I was hoping we had gotten away from the infantile trolling tactics in here
ImageImageImage
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#111 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh hey lookee here!

Brilliant

You’re going mental here, tired of you trashing the best coach we’ve had in a long time. Cmon man, get it together.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#112 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:00 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh hey lookee here!

Brilliant

You’re going mental here, tired of you trashing the best coach we’ve had in a long time. Cmon man, get it together.

I see you troll. For you, of all people, to comment on anyone else's state is a textbook case of the pot calling the kettle black.
ImageImageImage
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,108

Post#113 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:14 am

I see folks are happy about the OG news. Very peculiar.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#114 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:15 am

People out here hoping for injuries to support their narrative.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#115 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:15 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Oh hey lookee here!

Brilliant

I see you troll. For you, of all people, to comment on anyone else's state is a textbook case of the pot calling the kettle black.

How about we all cool it? It don’t gotta be so tense.

I’m tryna focus on stacking some Ws. Seeing some good play. Getting long term healthy at the right time… immaculate vibes…
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#116 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

"Management" - doesn't sound like he will be out long but potential to linger. Wouldn't mind him missing the next one.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#117 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:20 am

Fat Kat wrote:I see folks are happy about the OG news. Very peculiar.

No. I'm sad he is already at risk of being sidelined after two games back.

He did not need to be in the game up by 20 points in the 4th quarter.

The game was already won, yet he played starter minutes in his second game back while he was wincing and screaming in the 4th quarter.

Do you have a good justification for this?

It's not like he needs the extra minutes to break down the scar tissue more rapidly.

You can still support Thibs and disagree with the way he handles a specific situation.

NOBODY is GLAD if he now misses time, so NO you're wrong to post this. It is not provocative. It's just being catty.

But we can agree to disagree about Thibs without insulting each other
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#118 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:22 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

How about we all cool it? It don’t gotta be so tense.

I’m tryna focus on stacking some Ws. Seeing some good play. Getting long term healthy at the right time… immaculate vibes…

OK, I made my point. Carry on
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#119 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:23 am

Kampuchea wrote:People out here hoping for injuries to support their narrative.

That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,950

Post#120 » by god shammgod » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:05 am

lot of animosity in here. hate to see it.

Return to New York Knicks