ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Re: PG: Cap Enjoys a Cuban as OG Screams in Pain 

Post#61 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:06 pm

Hope OG can get pain free soon. We all know someone like Bam is gonna be targeting him in the postseason otherwise
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#62 » by ctorres » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:08 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:People are worried about OG, but Im worried about Donte.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3934673/donte-divincenzo

Look at Donteā€™s game log since the All Star break. Hideous shooting numbers, and his percentages are cratering. Bricking open shots and layups. The dude is either tired as hell or the law of averages is kicking his ass.

He almost had me convinced he took a leap and that we found our SG for a moment there. Will still probably break our three point record barring injury, but heā€™s below 40% now.

I want to see Deuce get more run at the 2 if Donte doesnā€™t get out of this slump.

Donte is a 4th/5th option being asked to perform like a 2nd option. Also, scouting report is now out on him, so he now has to adjust how he gets his shot off.

I haven't watched the games lately, but that seems like one logical explanation I can think of.

It's like, we are asking Donte to be the Clippers/76ers version of JJ Redick (who was also a 4th option), but Donte might only be ready right now to give us the Orlando Magic version.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,953

Post#63 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:these games are too late for sham so hopefully somebody is in the game thread calling melo fat. this is a crucial part of the season and we can't have any slippage when it comes to this. we're fighting for seeding and he's fighting for loaves of seeded bread for chicken parm heroes. so don't let up now. thank you.

very convienent of you to miss the game when a certain player was going off :D
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

so he destroyed shart. i'm not surprised, that's not hard. :D
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,401

Post#64 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm

If the Knicks had shot a little better, especially from 3, they would have been up 20 the whole game not just double digits. Although, if the Knicks shoot this badly the rest of the west coast road trip this game might be the only one they win on the trip.

It seems like more than just the law of averages catching up to them, the high volume of long range shots and the huge mins these guys have been playing probably are adding to it. As the rest of the rotation gets healthy, there will be less pressure and reliance on just a few guys to carry the team.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,212

Post#65 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:59 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Hope OG can get pain free soon. We all know someone like Bam is gonna be targeting him in the postseason otherwise

Built like a greek god, but fragile as a china doll. His pain tolerance seems extremely low. That being said, Leon and company need to force Thibs to monitor his minutes. You need him and Randle healthy for the playoffs. Going hard for the 4th seed and him getting injured again would be a catastrophe.

Also why isn't he wearing an actual elbow pad?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#66 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:59 pm

JayTWill wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:People are worried about OG, but Im worried about Donte.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3934673/donte-divincenzo

Look at Donteā€™s game log since the All Star break. Hideous shooting numbers, and his percentages are cratering. Bricking open shots and layups. The dude is either tired as hell or the law of averages is kicking his ass.

He almost had me convinced he took a leap and that we found our SG for a moment there. Will still probably break our three point record barring injury, but heā€™s below 40% now.

I want to see Deuce get more run at the 2 if Donte doesnā€™t get out of this slump.

I'm not too worried about Donte's performance right now since he is obviously in a role that is much larger than it would be when the team is at full strength but I do have some concerns with him as a full-time starter next to Brunson. Even when he was shooting incredible percentages after being moved into the starting lineup in December and January he was still only playing between 18-26 minutes on most nights. And Brunson is not a defender so Donte has to take the tougher guard matchup every night.

Asking him to be the primary point of attack defender in the backcourt and the second option with only Brunson as the other creator on the team for almost 40 minutes a night is far too much for him. I'm not sure if he is a high minutes efficient starting two-way player. Hopefully the team gets fully healthy so Randle can carry more of the offensive load and Hart and possibly McBride can slide over to the 2 spot at times and take some of the defensive load off of Donte while reducing his minutes.

This is how I feel about Donte now.

He has absolutely outperformed his contract and had a nice season, but we still need a starting SG imo as he doesnā€™t seem to be a full time starter unfortunately.

Teams have figured him out, that you just need to play him tight. Helps with spacing in that regard, but heā€™s not hitting open shots now so teams may not even guard him as close if he keeps bricking.

If Donte is not raining threes he doesnt provide much on offense outside of decent playmaking. His defense is solid but not good enough to cover Jalen and take the primary guard matchup.

Heā€™s a 6th/7th man, and that is fine, but we traded IQ and Grimes. Hopefully Donte gets his sh*t together for the playoffs, but if not we need to upgrade.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,393

Post#67 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Itā€™s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ainā€™t directed directly at me, I donā€™t respect it
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,596

Post#68 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
OG in the 4th Quarter

Orc plays OG 35 Minutes in his second game back as he clearly suffers from elbow pain

That damn Thibs! Surely playing him 20 minutes would have prevented elbow pain!!! :roll:
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#69 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:17 pm

Knick4Real wrote:We did what we were SUPPOSED to do!!

My next dog has to be a boxer 8-) they are so freaking funny!

I was impressed with Ayton. Too bad he only plays part time.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,517

Post#70 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm

As for OG - he wasn't on the bench for the last few minutes of the first half. I was REALLY worried at that point but when he started the second half it was clear that they looked at it and it was just sore. Still hate to see him clutching it like he was so much.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#71 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:21 pm

GettinitDone wrote:My stream got choppy from mid 3rd quarter... JB is amazing... hope OG is ok

OG is fine. Soreness was to be expected. Nothing to do with minutes like that loogaroo Clyde_Styles thinks. Plus if OG needed to be on a minutes restriction, he would be like they did with Hartenstein! Why are ppl so dumb with this?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#72 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:24 pm

Capn'O wrote:As for OG - he wasn't on the bench for the last few minutes of the first half. I was REALLY worried at that point but when he started the second half it was clear that they looked at it and it was just sore. Still hate to see him clutching it like he was so much.

ā€œThereā€™s gonna be some times where thereā€™s gonna be soreness. He played through it,ā€ Thibodeau said. ā€œHe was fine. [The doctor] looked at him. Thereā€™s gonna be times where he gets hit and you just try to keep going. So weā€™ll see where he is.ā€

ā€œItā€™s not even pain tolerance,ā€ Anunoby said. ā€œThis is just a random thing.ā€
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,014

Post#73 » by robillionaire » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:these games are too late for sham so hopefully somebody is in the game thread calling melo fat. this is a crucial part of the season and we can't have any slippage when it comes to this. we're fighting for seeding and he's fighting for loaves of seeded bread for chicken parm heroes. so don't let up now. thank you.

very convienent of you to miss the game when a certain player was going off :D
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Shart was a +17 in 24 mins and Bahamas Kanter was a -12 in 40 mins donā€™t fall for meloā€™s tactics
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#74 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:15 pm

robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:very convienent of you to miss the game when a certain player was going off :D
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Shart was a +17 in 24 mins and Bahamas Kanter was a -12 in 40 mins donā€™t fall for meloā€™s tactics

what was Nerlens Noel and Kevin Knox stats last night??!!!
Itā€™s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ainā€™t directed directly at me, I donā€™t respect it
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,591

Post#75 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:15 pm

I'm pretty happy to see Thibs is down to play Deuce/Brunson in tandem as long as he has OG out there...that's about the only big takeaway I've got from beating on a cellar dweller team. Deuce and Brunson is a fun combination of skill sets.

The whole team's shooting has been a bit worrisome lately. But I'm not too worried yet. OG's elbow will hopefully improve, Donte won't need to take 10 threes a night to space the floor, and Randle will get back and produce easier looks for everyone...everything's off motion right now, but Randle produces a lot of set shots that are wide open. So, I think things will come together as long as Randle can play and OG stays healthy.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#76 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:17 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:My stream got choppy from mid 3rd quarter... JB is amazing... hope OG is ok

OG is fine. Soreness was to be expected. Nothing to do with minutes like that loogaroo Clyde_Styles thinks. Plus if OG needed to be on a minutes restriction, he would be like they did with Hartenstein! Why are ppl so dumb with this?

People say anything to run with their anti Thibs agenda. Even if itā€™s false.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,014

Post#77 » by robillionaire » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

what was Nerlens Noel and Kevin Knox stats last night??!!!

Looking really good! Breaking out!

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,882

Post#78 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:23 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Hope OG can get pain free soon. We all know someone like Bam is gonna be targeting him in the postseason otherwise

Built like a greek god, but fragile as a china doll. His pain tolerance seems extremely low. That being said, Leon and company need to force Thibs to monitor his minutes. You need him and Randle healthy for the playoffs. Going hard for the 4th seed and him getting injured again would be a catastrophe.

Also why isn't he wearing an actual elbow pad?

I wondered about a pad in the GT but it seems like the pain is not from contact/hits, it's from reaching, extending quickly etc
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#79 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

People say anything to run with their anti Thibs agenda. Even if itā€™s false.

Notice how a lot of them were also part of the Frank hive. :lol: I'm starting to wonder if they are purposely trolling out of boredom or maybe they are all dimwitted.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,882

Post#80 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:28 pm

Watching Ayton pour in all those foul line jumpers, I can picture him and either iHart or Robinson being a center platoon well balanced between offense and defense. Whereas Hartenstein and Mitch as a tandem don't provide much scoring
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to New York Knicks