ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: iHart in Monster Mode as Knicks Clinch Playoff Intensity Road Game

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,570

Re: PG: iHart in Monster Mode as Knicks Clinch Playoff Intensity Road Game 

Post#221 » by Context » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:23 pm

These were some big plays and shots when it mattered...

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,780

Post#222 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:25 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Somebody on the GB said it best. If Bogs and Burks win us a quarter here and there in the playoffs it's a good trade. Healthy, we don't rely on them but they can help.

It hasnt looked good so far but if they can get it together and help in the playoffs is how it’ll be more judged. I do wonder if Burks will even make the playoff rotation if everyone is healthy.

I know they don’t play the same positions but I would give all of Burks minutes to Precious in the playoffs. Precious hustles, plays great defense and even passes pretty well. He’s a great role player to have and he can defend multiple positions. He’s earned the right to play.

Prescious does deserve minutes and we will need his athleticism, length and versatility. He gives us an element we don’t really have….and one we may need against teams like Milw, Boston, Miami, etc.

Burks right now is probably our 11th guy so is an easy sit. But it’s tough to see who may also sit if we go with a 9 man rotation and everyone is back…might be situational
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#223 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:27 pm

aggo wrote:Thibs loves his vets

As long as Burks and bojan help the team like tonight into the end of the season, this won’t abandon them in the playoffs. That’s not how he works.

I bet you precious is the guy that gets cut from the rotation unless Mitch can’t come back.

Thibs was already lineup testing. Brunson w bojan and ddv/burks at each corner.

Thibs will probably go with a 9 or even 8 man rotation in the playoffs. I don’t think Burks is making the cut if everyone is healthy unless he really turns it around
Mavs
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#224 » by Gravy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:27 pm

Burks and Precious have different skill sets on the court and that's most likely how the choice would be made. With OG back the team needs more offense than defense so Burks would be the first option for minutes.
Context
RealGM

Post#225 » by Context » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Best Knick guard since Clyde.

Best Knick team since the mid 90s (sorry Alan and Spree)

Absolutely most entertaining team since mid 90s, if you add up identity, tenacity, talent, cohesion and play style, depth. League style of play also a factor

Then you have the great subtext story, where Knicks gamble on Brunson being an emerging player and win huge, where he's a Knick kid grown up returning, to play for a defensive culture establishing coach, also a returning story, being part of the Riley\JVG tree.

TLDR - This team and this era is awesome

You nailed it my friend :nod:

Brunson was born to bring the Knicks a championship...And don't forget Precious being from Queens and Brunson playing with Hart and Donte on a 2 time National championship team. We need to enjoy ever minute of this that we can Buzz..
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#226 » by Context » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:31 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

As long as Burks and bojan help the team like tonight into the end of the season, this won’t abandon them in the playoffs. That’s not how he works.

I bet you precious is the guy that gets cut from the rotation unless Mitch can’t come back.

Thibs will probably go with a 9 or even 8 man rotation in the playoffs. I don’t think Burks is making the cut if everyone is healthy unless he really turns it around

I dont like Burks from what I have seen so far...Have you seen all of his minutes as a Knick this year?
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,739

Post#227 » by cgmw » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Dude. Thibs will play 7 guys 98% of minutes. And 2 more bench players will scrap for the remaining 2%.

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
6. Mitch or Precious (not both)
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg
9. Burks or Deuce (not both) nominal ~5 mpg

People flipping out over Grimes need to realize he wasn’t playing (much if at all) in the playoffs which would have made him even more disgruntled and sunk his value to near zero.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#228 » by Jeffrey » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:34 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Living in the SAC metro area, tonight was my annual chance to see our Knicks in person.

My biggest takeaway from the game was that Sabonis fouls on every single possession. I have no idea why the refs aren't calling it, it was absurd for me to watch. I never noticed it on TV before, but in person it's so blatant - whenever his man gets the ball he immediately starts putting hands all over him, and it's not subtle. He's switching the hand he's using to swipe at the ball with, lunging to initiate contact repeatedly, and it's not smooth at all but really herky-jerky. He looks like a showy over-aggressive but subpar guy at an open-gym. The kind of dude that gets dropped with a quick right cross eventually because he got several warnings from multiple old heads to "cut that isht out, man."

And then he flops on the other end. Very talented and productive player, but really, really easy for me to hate.
What was the ratio of Knicks fans to Sac fans?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#229 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:37 pm

Context wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

I dont like Burks from what I have seen so far...Have you seen all of his minutes as a Knick this year?

Just aboout all his minutes. he has looked pretty bad. This was one of his best games. But still was 4-10. He shoots way too much and makes too many mistakes. The game before Thibs actually benched him in the 2nd half. I can’t see him being in the playoff rotation
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#230 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:40 pm

cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Dude. Thibs will play 7 guys 98% of minutes. And 2 more bench players will scrap for the remaining 2%.

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg

Yea, that’s how I see it. I could even see Bojan or Deuce just getting cut out and giving those minutes to Hart….probably something like this

IHart / Mitch or Prescious
Randle (40) / Bojan (8)
OG (40) / Hart (8)
Donte (28) / Hart (20)
Brunson (43) / Deuce (5)
Mavs
Context
RealGM

Post#231 » by Context » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Context wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Just aboout all his minutes. he has looked pretty bad. This was one of his best games. But still was 4-10. He shoots way too much and makes too many mistakes. The game before Thibs actually benched him in the 2nd half. I can’t see him being in the playoff rotation

in my limited time watching him -thats what he looked like to me...Glad his contract is an expiring...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,587

Post#232 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
cgmw
RealGM

Post#233 » by cgmw » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:48 pm

First three minutes of the 4th:

• AB misses, gets his own rebound, misses again
• AB doesn’t get back, his man drains a 3
• Bojan misses
• Kings miss 3 open threes on one possession
• Deuce turnover
• Kings miss 3
• Precious turnover
• Kings miss
• Bojan miss
• Kings miss
• Burks miss
• Kings FTs
• Bojan finally scores. It took 3 minutes.

I was not feeling great at that point. Testament to Thibs for sticking to his guns and just how effective the defense has been.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#234 » by cgmw » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:58 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg

Yea, that’s how I see it. I could even see Bojan or Deuce just getting cut out and giving those minutes to Hart….probably something like this

IHart / Mitch or Prescious
Randle (40) / Bojan (8)
OG (40) / Hart (8)
Donte (28) / Hart (20)
Brunson (43) / Deuce (5)

Yeah, OG and Hart will split all available minutes at SF, backup PF, and backup SG.

It’s Bogey’s ball to fumble and he’s still fumbling. But the best case scenario for him is 12 mpg for playoffs where he gets unlimited green lights. My theory is he’s sh*tting the bed because psychologically it’s paralyzing to know what Thibs just did to Fournier. Bogey is playing for one more shot at an nba deal before he probably finishes his career overseas. Would be catastrophic for him to sit all next season in Thibs doghouse.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,247

Post#235 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:03 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Living in the SAC metro area, tonight was my annual chance to see our Knicks in person.

My biggest takeaway from the game was that Sabonis fouls on every single possession. I have no idea why the refs aren't calling it, it was absurd for me to watch. I never noticed it on TV before, but in person it's so blatant - whenever his man gets the ball he immediately starts putting hands all over him, and it's not subtle. He's switching the hand he's using to swipe at the ball with, lunging to initiate contact repeatedly, and it's not smooth at all but really herky-jerky. He looks like a showy over-aggressive but subpar guy at an open-gym. The kind of dude that gets dropped with a quick right cross eventually because he got several warnings from multiple old heads to "cut that isht out, man."

And then he flops on the other end. Very talented and productive player, but really, really easy for me to hate.
What was the ratio of Knicks fans to Sac fans?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app

We were definitely in there, there were clear MVP chants for Brunson a couple of times, but the ratio was not high. Its really tough for it to be high in SAC when the Kings are good like this, unless it's a Warriors or Lakers game.

Kings are one of those communal fan bases that really show out for the home team when the team is respectable. Imagine them like the Green Bay Packers or the St Louis Cardinals. Unless it's a big rivalry, those venues are going to packed with happy home team fans.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#236 » by 8516knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:05 pm

cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg

People flipping out over Grimes need to realize he wasn’t playing (much if at all) in the playoffs which would have made him even more disgruntled and sunk his value to near zero.

If your numbering reflects the team's reliance on the player, it's WAY OFF as HART is easily #3 given OG & Ihart & Mitch's health frailty. Brun and Julius are most important. Despite 3s reluctance Hart is a primary engine driving this team. :nod: :nod: :nod:
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,922

Post#237 » by KnixinSix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:07 pm

Understand the IQ of this team with many of its key players is through the roof.

I love that they have battled such heavy adversity throughout the regular season between the ridiculous league scheduling early on and then the crazy piling up of injuries.

This will pay huge dividends in the playoffs if they get back to full or close to full health.

This team is pretty much the consummate Thibodeau team. Key defensive players at the majority of positions, a super high IQ PG, monster rebounders at multiple positions and quite a few 40+% 3 ball shooters.

If/when Randle comes back will be huge. A team player Randle like he did more and more before he got hurt is a HUGE addition for a team primed to make a deep playoff run.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
cgmw
RealGM

Post#238 » by cgmw » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:08 pm

8516knicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg

If your numbering reflects the team's reliance on the player, it's WAY OFF as HART is easily #3 given OG & Ihart & Mitch's health frailty. Brun and Julius are most important. Despite 3s reluctance Hart is a primary engine driving this team. :nod: :nod: :nod:

I don’t disagree with that.

I put him 7th because anyone playing behind Hart in the pecking order will see almost 0 minutes come playoff time. Thibs will plug him in at every available chance at any position including potentially PG or C in a pinch.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#239 » by 8516knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:08 pm

j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's actually amazing Brun gets better and better. When has a player who had been in the league a few years started to soar so high (he was good, now he's an All-star and still climbing). :D
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#240 » by 8516knicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:10 pm

cgmw wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:Dude. Thibs will play 7 guys 98% of minutes. And 2 more bench players will scrap for the remaining 2%.

1. Brunson
2. Randle
3. OG
4. DDV
5. iHart
7. Hart

8. Bojan nominal ~10 mpg

I don’t disagree with that.

I put him 7th because Thibs will plug him in at every available chance at any position except PG or C, although I wouldn’t put it past him.

Fair enough. The big question is whether we've seen the last of the big injuries or is this going to continue through the playoffs?

Return to New York Knicks