ImageImageImageImageImage

Og Anunoby IS TERRORIZING THE NBA (How To Play Defense Like OG Anunoby) |Defensive Breakdown|

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,430
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Og Anunoby IS TERRORIZING THE NBA (How To Play Defense Like OG Anunoby) |Defensive Breakdown| 

Post#21 » by BKlutch » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:55 am

Damm, the star in that DEFENSIVE BREAKDOWN posted above has broken down.

He's out for "more than one game" per Woj. :cry: :cry:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,601

Re: Og Anunoby IS TERRORIZING THE NBA (How To Play Defense Like OG Anunoby) |Defensive Breakdown| 

Post#22 » by Mak » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:12 am

knicks94 wrote:I do not watch Raptors games, but why did Toronto give up on him? Did they not know how to maximize his talent?

They did not want to pay 40m/year to somebody who is injured every season.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,336

Post#23 » by pilkoids » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:07 am

Mak wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I do not watch Raptors games, but why did Toronto give up on him? Did they not know how to maximize his talent?

They did not want to pay 40m/year to somebody who is injured every season.

Telling ya'll now - OG gets injured a lot because he goes 100% every possession to make up for his deficiencies. Combine that with Thibs running players to the ground, and its a recipe for 40 games played/year for OG
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,991

Post#24 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 pm

OG's elbow is terrorizing the Knicks' shot at a championship this year.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,430
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#25 » by BKlutch » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:OG's elbow is terrorizing the Knicks' shot at a championship this year.

Last night before the game, Thibs said OG had an MRI and his elbow is not reinjured, just sore, and he's going to be ok. That was good news.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,991

Post#26 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:OG's elbow is terrorizing the Knicks' shot at a championship this year.

Last night before the game, Thibs said OG had an MRI and his elbow is not reinjured, just sore, and he's going to be ok. That was good news.

That's great news, but we need him to be 100% through the playoffs.

The soreness seems to be enough to prevent him from wanting to play through it.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#27 » by ellobo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 pm

dakomish23 wrote:I didn't watch the video yet, but I hope at some point they mention his insane build for an NBA player. I think he could be an awesome bodybuilder based on his frame

He also has very long arms: 7'-2.25" wingspan and 8'-11.5" standing reach.

That's more than Frank!!!
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 190

Post#28 » by dkb964 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I mean, they won a championship with him in a substantial role. But then the team changed. They had a thousand forwards and didn't sort things out fast enough. I gather he wanted out for a better role.

He did not play a single minute during the championship playoff run. He was injuried like he normally is.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,995

Post#29 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:11 am

They better stop **** around n rest him until the playoffs....
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,433

Post#30 » by ag3 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:41 am

Begley says his elbow is improving.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,839

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:33 am

OG's career availability is why the Knicks need to pursue Mikal Bridges, so he can cover those 40 games per year OG doesn't play.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#32 » by gavran » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:48 am

thebuzzardman wrote:OG's career availability is why the Knicks need to pursue Mikal Bridges, so he can cover those 40 games per year OG doesn't play.

It's not the reason why they should pursue Bridges. Bridges should be the #1 priority even if OG never misses a game again.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,839

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:13 pm

gavran wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:OG's career availability is why the Knicks need to pursue Mikal Bridges, so he can cover those 40 games per year OG doesn't play.

It's not the reason why they should pursue Bridges. Bridges should be the #1 priority even if OG never misses a game again.

I know. I just make a funny
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#34 » by gavran » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
gavran wrote:

I know. I just make a smartass.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,720

Post#35 » by nedleeds » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:58 pm

gavran wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
gavran wrote:It's not the reason why they should pursue Bridges. Bridges should be the #1 priority even if OG never misses a game again.

I know. I just make a smartass.

Nets have no incentive to tank and trade their best player to an in town "rival". They'd rather quest for the play-in. They are out 24,25,26 and 27 on straight trades or swaps. :lol: :lol: :lol: Houston went in dry on that ass for Hardont.

OG is terrorizing the Knicks health insurance plan. MF'er is a terror for premiums everywhere.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,944

Post#36 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:51 pm

dkb964 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I mean, they won a championship with him in a substantial role. But then the team changed. They had a thousand forwards and didn't sort things out fast enough. I gather he wanted out for a better role.

He did not play a single minute during the championship playoff run. He was injuried like he normally is.

His appendix burst before the 2019 playoffs. Does that qualify as injury prone? He played in every Raptors playoff/ play-in game since then.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 190

Post#37 » by dkb964 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:17 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
dkb964 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

His appendix burst before the 2019 playoffs. Does that qualify as injury prone? He played in every Raptors playoff/ play-in game since then.

It is always something with OG. Even if you disregard the championship run OG is an injury prone player for sure.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,215

Post#38 » by Jeffrey » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:23 pm

How much do you think OG should be getting for his next contract with the Knicks? I love OG but looking at his career, he has been injury prone just like Mitch.

4 years 160m?

3 years 95m?

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-knicks/og-anunoby-contract-injuries/
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,944

Post#39 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:33 pm

dkb964 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
dkb964 wrote:

It is always something with OG. Even if you disregard the championship run OG is an injury prone player for sure.

Even if you disregard 2019? So you're not sure whether to lump appendicitis with sports injuries?

I can't argue the number of games missed. But it's odd to me how each injury is different. Even his torn ACL in college doesn't seem to have lingering effects. It's not like a Brandon Roy type thing where the same knee keeps deteriorating. It gives me hope that when the elbow heals, he'll be good to go.

Maybe something should change in his offseason conditioning, try to change his body composition somehow. He guards so hard and actively with a heavily muscled body, compared to lean sleek defenders like Mikal or Jaden McDaniels
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#40 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 pm

just bubble wrap this fuqer and unpack him in a few weeks

Return to New York Knicks