ImageImageImageImageImage

Mitch - Practiced in Full

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,209

Re: Mitch - Practiced in Full 

Post#121 » by aggo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:28 pm

nedleeds wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
The Wolves didn't have a Brundle and IShart.

Knicks will make it work.

Mitch will thrive backing up the Stifle Tower.

the knicks might very well trade for him but he won't be playing the 5. it will be a randle for towns swap and he'll be playing the 4. the wolves proved it's better this year. why would anyone go back to him at the 5 ?

Wolves are 6+ games better than the Knicks. Why are they trading us their best player again? Because Bing Bong? The only argument I can see if I'm a Wolves fan is financial:

* Gobert's insane contract is untradable without attaching assets.
* KAT's contract which ramps to ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) $61 million and goes out 4 *more* years.
* ANT is our best player and he's 22. Jaden McDaniels is owed $135 and probably needs to have a bigger role.

After Goberts turd is flushed after 2026 Wolves could just go after whoever fits best with Ant. If KAT is there, he'll be declining making $55 million and Ant will be 24 or 25 hitting his prime. Randle's contract expires after 2026 also which pairs with Gobert nicely, assuming he picks up the player option. He can also decline and try and get a new deal.

why laugh at KATs contract?

think about what we're gonna have to pay Randle

hint: he'll hit 61m too.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Post#122 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:35 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the wolves gave up every pick they had to move towns away from the center spot because you can't win with him there

The Wolves didn't have a Brundle and IShart.

Knicks will make it work.

Mitch will thrive backing up the Stifle Tower.

the knicks might very well trade for him but he won't be playing the 5. it will be a randle for towns swap and he'll be playing the 4. the wolves proved it's better this year. why would anyone go back to him at the 5 ?

Randle for Towns is a lateral talent move yet the Knicks wind up committing to 20 million more cap space hit. Why?
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#123 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:mitch literally beat wilt chamberlain's record for shooting percentage one year. how could he have no touch at the rim ? people just say silly stuff on here and feel like they're right because a fat guy and1s them.

Gafford > Mitch
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,717

Post#124 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm

god shammgod wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Wolves are 6+ games better than the Knicks. Why are they trading us their best player again? Because Bing Bong? The only argument I can see if I'm a Wolves fan is financial:

* KAT's contract which ramps to ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) $61 million and goes out 4 *more* years.
* ANT is our best player and he's 22. Jaden McDaniels is owed $135 and probably needs to have a bigger role.

After Goberts turd is flushed after 2026 Wolves could just go after whoever fits best with Ant. If KAT is there, he'll be declining making $55 million and Ant will be 24 or 25 hitting his prime. Randle's contract expires after 2026 also which pairs with Gobert nicely, assuming he picks up the player option. He can also decline and try and get a new deal.

it would strictly be financial for them. that towns contract is insane and they have never been a franchise that has spent a lot. they have new ownership but they could hardly afford to buy the team. they had to look for an additional partner at the last second. so they might have to cut costs after this year. would the knicks do it ? who knows but i wouldn't put it past them.

Would be a pretty disastrous trade for the Knicks. Towns is predictably a CAA client. So is OG. So OG is getting some insane max deal so Sammy Rose can upgrade his Lambo and beach house on the Island.

Randle is a playoff bum, and now he's hurt, and he selectively tries when things are going well or he's up for a deal but ... his contract is a gem compared to Towns deal. Towns used to hang his hat on durable, but his just had surgery on his knee and a life with the pale Orc will only grind him down more.

Salary is also a little crunchy, we'd need to find $8-10 to add. Donte works, Mitch doesn't.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,482

Post#125 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Sham going out like Benzino
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,482

Post#126 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:47 pm

aggo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Randle took a pay cut to help the team in his extension. He’s prob gonna do it again
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#127 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:53 pm

Mitch probably breaks his foot 3rd game back
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,651

Post#128 » by HopelessKnick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:58 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
aggo wrote:podcaster,

well

I take my cues from NYK mentality now.

not a podcaster--

a content creator, fooled by a highlight reel against a mountain of actual evidence that says hes wrong.

ihart > mitch

Oh oh

I don't know if the direct comparison is really fair though. Keep in mind Mitch played nearly all his minutes with the Knicks starting 5 as well as Brunson and Julius in there. Isaiah played many minutes with a weaker bench and many starter minutes on a severaly depleted team. IMO, if taken the context and circumstances into account, if the difference between them is small statistically, which it certainly is, then it actually speaks in favor of Hartenstein.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,675

Post#129 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:12 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
aggo wrote:podcaster,

well

I take my cues from NYK mentality now.

not a podcaster--

a content creator, fooled by a highlight reel against a mountain of actual evidence that says hes wrong.

ihart > mitch

Oh oh

I don't know if the direct comparison is really fair though. Keep in mind Mitch played nearly all his minutes with the Knicks starting 5 as well as Brunson and Julius in there. Isaiah played many minutes with a weaker bench and many starter minutes on a severaly depleted team. IMO, if taken the context and circumstances into account, if the difference between them is small statistically, which it certainly is, then it actually speaks in favor of Hartenstein.

Our bench was stronger than our starting five relative to the opposition last year. If anything, this helped iHart in those metrics, and the context you allude to highlighted Mitch's numbers even more.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,262

Post#130 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:08 pm

You can probably play this game forever — I mean, you definitely can.

Think your eyes are showing you how much less dynamic the Knicks offense is with Mitch out there? Nah. I can show you a stat that says otherwise.

Think Mitch is a step slow on D too? What!!?? He’s a great defender.

Think Burks is a slug who doesn’t care or Bog sucks too? Nope.

Think Deuce has a better future than IQ? OMG. Look at all these efficient games he’s amassed.

Never ends. My advice is try to clear your mind and take in subtle things the player does and doesn’t do. I recognize Mitch works very hard and is a really good guy on the boards against certain teams.

But the NBA requires you to pay attention to a lot of things, and numbers are just one tool.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#131 » by RHODEY » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:mitch literally beat wilt chamberlain's record for shooting percentage one year. how could he have no touch at the rim ? people just say silly stuff on here and feel like they're right because a fat guy and1s them.

Gafford > Mitch

Dont agree.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,717

Post#132 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:13 pm

aggo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

He's not CAA, and couldn't get a max offer elsewhere after making fake 2nd team All-NBA after the fake covid season where we were the fake 4th seed. League knows Randle is empty stats, regular season, try when it's convenient. Two teams let Randle walk for nothing, if he gets $55+ from the Knicks just hit the place with a **** meteor.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,447

Post#133 » by stuporman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:46 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

ol sham gonna have some chest pains hearing this news

you have chest pains walking
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,974

Post#134 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Mitch probably breaks his foot 3rd game back

banned
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,775

Post#135 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Sham going out like Benzino

His slander & propaganda used to work when Hartensteinovic was coming off the bench, but we've gotten a full view of him as a starter and all that slander makes sham look like one of them Nation of Islam dudes up in Harlem dressed like a power ranger screaming about how IHart is the devil. He lost bad, Zach Lowe had IHart on his short list of guys who should get a nod for all-defense, it's over for dusty man.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
aggo
RealGM

Post#136 » by aggo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
aggo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Wolves are 6+ games better than the Knicks. Why are they trading us their best player again? Because Bing Bong? The only argument I can see if I'm a Wolves fan is financial:

Randle took a pay cut to help the team in his extension. He’s prob gonna do it again

I really doubt it and it is actually evidence that he wont do it again.

perhaps the best we can get out of it is like what Kawhi did where he left a very small amount on the table for the clippers.

hes gonna ask for the max + max escalator.

same with brunson, although with how the bird rights work and the seniority for max contracts he might take a shorter deal with an opt out so that he can get a super max later.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,871

Post#137 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm

aggo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That’s exactly the problem.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,871

Post#138 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:10 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Mitch probably breaks his foot 3rd game back

:lol:
aggo
RealGM

Post#139 » by aggo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:13 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
aggo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Wolves are 6+ games better than the Knicks. Why are they trading us their best player again? Because Bing Bong? The only argument I can see if I'm a Wolves fan is financial:

That’s exactly the problem.

yep. and theres no solution

either u pay him or trade him. and if u trade him, we;d be pissing away brunson years.

so we pay him.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,134

Post#140 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Mitch is a highly regarded defender amongst his NBA peers. Players fear Mitch in the paint. You could poll all of the NBA players and Mitch would win in a landslide over Hartenstein. I think I’ll trust them more than realgm posters. These are the same people who thought Nerlens Noel and Jericho Sims would take his job lol gtfo

Return to New York Knicks