ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KNICKS vs Denver; 3-1 Road Trip = Win!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Re: PG: KNICKS vs Denver; 3-1 Road Trip = Win! 

Post#41 » by drekwins » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:05 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
knicks94 wrote:The Knicks being injured after this road trip = loss

But no new injuries = win.

The minutes distribution was very reasonable last night. No one over 40 minutes except Deuce at 44. Murray only played 34. Not sure how much longer Deuce will start, but in using him to guard Curry, Murray and the like, I think he should sit when they sit, not play 10 extra minutes.

There is definitely a sense of urgency to get these guys on the floor soon, though. We are quickly running out of games. Not one of our new guys has played with Randle, who is a big gravitational force. Randle coming back is going to change things for everyone. If he can't come back soon, I'd rather have them shut him down for the season so we can prepare with what we have.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,764

Post#42 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:05 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

He's mid :D
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,793

Post#43 » by cgmw » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:39 pm

3 pages?

Here: Thibs needs to start Bogey to get him into a rhythm before playoffs.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,213

Post#44 » by Juco24 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 pm

I think Hart's legs were shot... he didn't have his same energy. Not mad at all though. This one was nothing more than a bonus round. Real mission accomplished
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,785

Post#45 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 pm

Reign23 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Can't even be mad at that one, they're the champs, and Jokic is just silly.

+/- is such a flawed raw stat and doesn't mean **** most of the time.. but in his case it shows you everything you need to know.

His game is so simple in that if you double he finds the open man with a pass nobody else in the league can make and if you don't double he slowly backs you down then does a ballet of pivots, up and unders on you before making a jump hook where he barely jumps. And you can't leave him open from three. It's a comedy how easy he makes the game look while looking uninterested
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#46 » by Knicks Byke » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:59 pm

cgmw wrote:3 pages?

hmm start him over JHart?
cgmw
RealGM

Post#47 » by cgmw » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:

Yes. Bogey is the best. Grimes is a bum.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,539

Post#48 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm

Bogdanovic is a hasbeen.

He sucks.

It's over.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,317

Post#49 » by sol537 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:26 pm

As crazy as this would have sounded just a few days ago... Burks was decent enough yesterday that we may have had a chance to steal a W if he had played more minutes than Hart and DDV...
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#50 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
cgmw
RealGM

Post#51 » by cgmw » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:57 pm

sol537 wrote:As crazy as this would have sounded just a few days ago... Burks was decent enough yesterday that we may have had a chance to steal a W if he had played more minutes than Hart and DDV...

@Chanel
cgmw
RealGM

Post#52 » by cgmw » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Bogdanovic is a hasbeen.

He sucks.

It's over.

Something is going on. For him to drop off this drastically, this quickly from just 6 weeks ago it can’t be that he’s just suddenly washed. Unless there’s some freak unreported injury, it’s gotta be that he’s somehow a bad fit in Thibs’ system and/or Leon’s personnel.

From the eye test it looks like he’s got no confidence or rhythm playing with Brunson or playing without Brunson. Idk wtf is happening with him, but it’s too radical and too sudden of a drop off to claim that he’s just all-of-a-sudden washed.

I’m guessing maybe it takes an entirely different level of skill to score 10ppg on a playoff team than 20ppg on the Pistons? Reminds me of when we got Tony Campbell off the expansion TWolves back in the day—20ppg turned into 8ppg real quick.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#53 » by drekwins » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm

cgmw wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:

Yes. Bogey is the best. Grimes is a bum.

Is this Bojans burner?
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#54 » by drekwins » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:12 pm

cgmw wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Bogdanovic is a hasbeen.

He sucks.

It's over.

Something is going on. For him to drop off this drastically, this quickly from just 6 weeks ago it can’t be that he’s just suddenly washed. Unless there’s some freak unreported injury, it’s gotta be that he’s somehow a bad fit in Thibs’ system and/or Leon’s personnel.

From the eye test it looks like he’s got no confidence or rhythm playing with Brunson or playing without Brunson. Idk wtf is happening with him, but it’s too radical and too sudden of a drop off to claim that he’s just all-of-a-sudden washed.

I’m guessing maybe it takes an entirely different level of skill to score 10ppg on a playoff team than 20ppg on the Pistons? Reminds me of when we got Tony Campbell off the expansion TWolves back in the day—20ppg turned into 8ppg real quick.

He's definitely not confident, has no rhythm and is uncomfortable. I also think that he's used to a bit of a faster style where he can score while the defense is still getting set up. It's really difficult for most to score against a set defense every time. Brunson makes it look easy. TBH, he should be on the court with Hart because he is the one guy that pushes the pace.

I love Jalen but he's not the type to create wide open looks for everyone. He is much more of a scoring guard. The only way I see him getting out of this is if we increase the pace or someone sets him up. Perhaps, Thibs should create some set plays for him. Otherwise, I just dont think its a good fit.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#55 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,536

Post#56 » by Zenzibar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stop All Genocides
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#57 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 pm

hard to complain after a 3-1 left coast trip.

get home, heal up, get some good grub, then stomp the living shyt out of shooklyn.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,317

Post#58 » by sol537 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm

If we go 4-0 or 5-0 in the upcoming stretch, we can find ourselves in that coveted 3rd seed...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,235

Post#59 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:37 pm

cgmw wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Bogdanovic is a hasbeen.

He sucks.

It's over.

yo, when we got tony i thought we were about to be LIT.

and i am baffled. because bojan wasn't this, like you said, just weeks ago.

that long straight-on three hit his last night was like... there he is. no hesitation. and you can see the effort (not skill) on the defensive end. trying too hard?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,235

Post#60 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:41 pm

drekwins wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Bogdanovic is a hasbeen.

He sucks.

It's over.

He's definitely not confident, has no rhythm and is uncomfortable. I also think that he's used to a bit of a faster style where he can score while the defense is still getting set up. It's really difficult for most to score against a set defense every time. Brunson makes it look easy. TBH, he should be on the court with Hart because he is the one guy that pushes the pace.

beat me to it. i was thinking he's having to take some contested shots in the half court as well. still. he's way better than this.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks