ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,818

Re: PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa 

Post#101 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:32 pm

RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I trust the front office but I don’t think Mikal is that good.

As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.

Yah…worst case scenario, Mikal would probably fit over those guys, but it looks like the Knicks are aiming much higher than Towns or Mitchell. We’ll see if they can do it.

Someone like Jimmy Buckets would be amazing on this squad at this point. Able to impact the game without scoring but can definitely do it, well rounded and tough. Fits the Thibs mentality.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,592

Post#102 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:the good thing is that it looks like the nets aren't going to trade mikal and the knicks def won't meet their asking price either. if we were to trade deuce, i rather it be for a true star. mikal is good but not worth giving up deuce at the moment

A trade package with Deuce, Bojan's contract and picks has to bring back more than a roleplayer.

I'm telling you tho....i think Randle/Bojan's money is going to be what Leon uses to obtain KAT.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#103 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I trust the front office but I don’t think Mikal is that good.

As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.

Yah…worst case scenario, Mikal would probably fit over those guys, but it looks like the Knicks are aiming much higher than Towns or Mitchell. We’ll see if they can do it.

Giannis?

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,867

Post#104 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:the good thing is that it looks like the nets aren't going to trade mikal and the knicks def won't meet their asking price either. if we were to trade deuce, i rather it be for a true star. mikal is good but not worth giving up deuce at the moment

A trade package with Deuce, Bojan's contract and picks has to bring back more than a roleplayer.

I'm telling you tho....i think Randle/Bojan's money is going to be what Leon uses to obtain KAT.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Mikal is coming Folkssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:35 pm

aggo wrote:when you look at our roster and particularly our offensive rating (low), the 2 biggest holes we have on the team even with a healthy randle, is a space 3 <--> space 4 that can play 20-36mpg. the second being a drive and kick pg (like DSJ).

I love Josh hart, but there are limits to a team when you have a guy playing 36mpg with a 50% TS. I know everything else he brings, but I really think the Denver game is the difference between a good team which is what we already have, and an elite team, which is what we need.

idk if mikal is that guy

and I'd be terrified of trading 4 frps to find out.

Trading 4 1sts for a roleplayer is not happening

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#106 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:36 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think Leon is aiming for bigger.

IF he makes an offer for Bridges, it's because Brunson is pushing for it. That's my conspiracy theory

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#107 » by sol537 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:36 pm

Mitch, Bogs and four picks… for Mikal. Hold Deuce back and make a run for several years
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#108 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:37 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch, Bogs and four picks… for Mikal. Hold Deuce back and make a run for several years

4 picks is out of the question.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,463

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

knicks wouldn't even give up multiple picks for dejounte murray. they are def saving the picks for a big time star instead of giving them up for mikal

fred katz said the knicks checked in on kat this season but never made an offer for him. so not sure how really interested they are in him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#110 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Lets not hyperbolize... idk if I just made that up but anyway

Mikal is playing with the super scrubs of scrubs, he's a very good player and would put us over the top

But losing Deuce when he has so much upside isn't smart, no pun intended

The random the Nets were declining to take for him was basically franchise malpractice. If they could have had Scoot and Simons from the Blazers during the off-season that would have made them better this year and for the future.

Houston offered Jalen Green and Brooklyn's picks back for Bridges.

They refused.

It speaks for itself.

Beyond idiocy.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,194

Post#111 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:The coach’s rotations never really make any sense.

Thibs was believing in Precious for 45 mpg. All of a sudden he gets 7.

McBride was on the bench for 2.5 years and suddenly gets 48 minutes.

I’ve been a Deuce guy from before day 1 (I wanted to draft him and have been calling him another Caruso/Marcus Smart) but this isn’t about him. It’s just that the coach doesn’t seem to have a feel for the game with these rotations.

Thibs said after the Golden State game that it was about match-ups. And I hate to be the one to break it to you but he's getting an extension.

Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,463

Post#112 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:52 pm

leon was cooking with that deuce extension. he had to have been going crazy in practice for them to extend him while barely getting playing time. amazing move
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,194

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think Leon is aiming for bigger.

IF he makes an offer for Bridges, it's because Brunson (Hart and Donte) is pushing for it. That's my conspiracy theory

Fixed
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,779

Post#114 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:You know who else about to get paid? That boy Thibs. :lol:

“There’s no room in my life for a woman if I’m going to be a basketball coach.”

This man had a plan, and he stuck too it

Thibs was the Prime Minister of Mulletania
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,238

Post#115 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Thibs gonna sit home alone tonight and watch Boston - Chicago, trying to find the Celtics’ secret weaknesses.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,779

Post#116 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:57 pm

drekwins wrote:I think it's pretty safe to say that Bogey and Burks are out of the rotation once we get healthy except for spot minutes. If there was a game that Bogey would get minutes, it would have been today, with Brunson struggling. He appears out.

Bogs sucks. I'm just trying to figure out if he is more trash on offense or defense.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,157

Post#117 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:01 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#118 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#119 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
drekwins wrote:I think it's pretty safe to say that Bogey and Burks are out of the rotation once we get healthy except for spot minutes. If there was a game that Bogey would get minutes, it would have been today, with Brunson struggling. He appears out.

Bogs sucks. I'm just trying to figure out if he is more trash on offense or defense.

Bog’s is Fournier with no shooting.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#120 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:20 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks