ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,940

Re: PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa 

Post#81 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:20 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Mikal is not who we thought he was. Deuce isn't either, but for a good reason

Lets not hyperbolize... idk if I just made that up but anyway

Mikal is playing with the super scrubs of scrubs, he's a very good player and would put us over the top

But losing Deuce when he has so much upside isn't smart, no pun intended

The random the Nets were declining to take for him was basically franchise malpractice. If they could have had Scoot and Simons from the Blazers during the off-season that would have made them better this year and for the future.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,165

Post#82 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:21 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

this is so dope

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#83 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:37 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

well DAMN... she puuurtyyy

it moved.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,818

Post#84 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 pm

Deuce is gonna have a ton of value if he gets paid like this, and produces like this. Knicks are about to pay OG and they’re hunting for another max cat to pair with Brunson. They also have an aversion to picks, which is where cost controlled talent usually comes from. Deuce probably isn’t worth moving for Mikal.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,254

Post#85 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 pm

I trust the front office but I don’t think Mikal is that good.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#86 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,208

Post#87 » by aggo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 pm

I would trade for Mikal, but the truth is that it really only makes sense if we give them back a Villanova guy to make room for minutes
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,609

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 pm

drekwins wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:And if we can get healthy, Bojan and Burks are out of the rotation. No way either of them can get playoff minutes.

Depends on the team, like you could definitely get away with playing them against the Bucks because Doc doesn't really target mismatches and when Lillard is on the bench they don't have anyone that can take people off the dribble.

Let's face it, Bogs is not anything close to a Thibs player. He does not rebound the ball at all or add any physicality. He has zero defensive presence. This was always going to happen.

I feel bad even trying to hype him up. I can't defend his ineffective play. I'm kind of shocked he's been this poor tbh.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#89 » by 8516knicks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 pm

Missed the game but amazed as it looks like we bascially played four guys under 6'4" and Ihart against them and won! Thibs must have been drugged?! :lol:
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#90 » by 8516knicks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 pm

aggo wrote:I would trade for Mikal, but the truth is that it really only makes sense if we give them back a Villanova guy to make room for minutes

Sounds like a role for Super Arch! 8-)
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,609

Post#91 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:51 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Mikal is not who we thought he was. Deuce isn't either, but for a good reason

Lets not hyperbolize... idk if I just made that up but anyway

Mikal is playing with the super scrubs of scrubs, he's a very good player and would put us over the top

But losing Deuce when he has so much upside isn't smart, no pun intended

The random the Nets were declining to take for him was basically franchise malpractice. If they could have had Scoot and Simons from the Blazers during the off-season that would have made them better this year and for the future.

Houston offered Jalen Green and Brooklyn's picks back for Bridges.

They refused.

It speaks for itself.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
aggo
RealGM

Post#92 » by aggo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:53 pm

when you look at our roster and particularly our offensive rating (low), the 2 biggest holes we have on the team even with a healthy randle, is a space 3 <--> space 4 that can play 20-36mpg. the second being a drive and kick pg (like DSJ).

I love Josh hart, but there are limits to a team when you have a guy playing 36mpg with a 50% TS. I know everything else he brings, but I really think the Denver game is the difference between a good team which is what we already have, and an elite team, which is what we need.

idk if mikal is that guy

and I'd be terrified of trading 4 frps to find out.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,525

Post#93 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Might as well hire Jay Wright at that point.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
aggo
RealGM

Post#94 » by aggo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:07 pm

aggo wrote:when you look at our roster and particularly our offensive rating (low), the 2 biggest holes we have on the team even with a healthy randle, is a space 3 <--> space 4 that can play 20-36mpg. the second being a drive and kick pg (like DSJ).

I love Josh hart, but there are limits to a team when you have a guy playing 36mpg with a 50% TS. I know everything else he brings, but I really think the Denver game is the difference between a good team which is what we already have, and an elite team, which is what we need.

idk if mikal is that guy

one more thing--

this is why I am very insistent on getting iHart more touches to score. Because we need more production out of C position.

we can always "trade for a star" but getting iHart to being a 12ppg player at 60%+ TS is one of the biggest no brainer, obvious, 0 risk for chemistry, simplest 0 risk all reward decision we can make
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#95 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 911

Post#96 » by NY2k1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm

aggo wrote:when you look at our roster and particularly our offensive rating (low), the 2 biggest holes we have on the team even with a healthy randle, is a space 3 <--> space 4 that can play 20-36mpg. the second being a drive and kick pg (like DSJ).

idk if mikal is that guy

I mean, we blew out Denver back in late Jan, but I see what you mean.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,476

Post#97 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm

the good thing is that it looks like the nets aren't going to trade mikal and the knicks def won't meet their asking price either. if we were to trade deuce, i rather it be for a true star. mikal is good but not worth giving up deuce at the moment
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#98 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:20 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I trust the front office but I don’t think Mikal is that good.

As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#99 » by 8516knicks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:26 pm

RHODEY wrote:

As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.

Before any more moves I still want to see what the team we have looks like in the playoffs with everyone healthy. Then we'll know better how close or far we are and what we need that we haven't got.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,476

Post#100 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:27 pm

RHODEY wrote:

you'd have to give up way more than that. they turned down jalen green and their picks back, turned down anfernee simons and the 3rd pick (which turned out to be scoot). these are way better packages than just deuce, bojan and picks. at the very least they are going to ask for deuce, og, one of mitch/ihart and a bunch of picks
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks