ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,854

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out. 

Post#81 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:saying ihart is the better rebounder/defender is like saying obi would end up better than randle. nobody would say something so ridic...oh wait lol

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out. 

Post#82 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 pm

aggo wrote:I wonder if mitch worked on his FTs?

No shot. He's only gotten worse through the years.

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,291

Post#83 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 pm

I’ll leave this here:

Isaiah is also 3rd in the league, for eligible players, in rim protection FG% difference after Gobert and Porzingis. Players shoot 13% worse at the rim against him.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-lt6?dir=A&sort=PLUSMINUS

Meanwhile players actually shot 5% BETTER at the rim against Mitch this season.

Lastly, Isaiah is 2nd in the league in DEPM after J. Isaac. EPM is widely considered the best all-in-one advanced stat today.

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

Isaiah was 1st in DEPM for most of the season until the achilles started acting up. DEPM also loves Mitch btw, placing him at 97th percentile. Isaiah is 99th percentile though.

Anyway, just wanted drop some facts. Im happy Mitch is back, but many posters still think Isaiah is only some solid defender when he’s absolutely elite.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,209

Post#84 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:33 pm

ihart is a better defender and rebounder than Mitch
aggo
RealGM

Post#85 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 pm

in all seriousness

this is the perfect position for mitch

backup C where he beats up other backup Cs. I fully expect him to get even more OREBs

in fact, because I dont think he's mentally built like Grimes, I'll also bet that Mitch is gonna go off script and look for some of his own shots off the bench. as he should.

we need to pump up his trade value for the summer.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,447

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - Bruson vs IQ? 

Post#86 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

That means he's not playing, but it sounds nice.

Wait, Stuporman told me none of the injured players would play in any of these "laugher" games.

I guess his ability to read the future completely correctly only applies to past draft picks, once they are on a good streak. :D

I said Mitch was the one that could come back during these laugher games...I guess your ability to read the present moment sentences someone writes only applies to trolling posts so I write this one that way in hopes you can read it. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,006

Post#87 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:46 pm

not only is shart a better defender than mitch, he's better than rudy gobert because of these stats. he's also better than og by the way. listen closely....you are not serious individuals.
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,935

Post#88 » by Bob Ross » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:51 pm

I Hart is absolutely not a better defender than Mitch come on
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#89 » by offense » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:55 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

No shot. He's only gotten worse through the years.

mitch is better than stein.
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#90 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:not only is shart a better defender than mitch, he's better than rudy gobert because of these stats. he's also better than og by the way. listen closely....you are not serious individuals.

That stats are the stats. I gave you a bunch, and can keep going all day. Show me the ones where Mitch is better.

The numbers show Isaiah is elite at defending the pick and roll and the rim, and defensive rebounding. All of that rolled into one stat (DEPM) show that yes he is up there with the best in the game. Why is that so hard to believe for you?

He’s playing great defense again now without OG btw. OG is also an elite defender obviously, but he’s not the best rim protector or defensive rebounder which hurts him slightly, and why Isaiah is ranked higher overall. OG is clearly better on the perimeter and more versatile, but centers are usually the best rated defensive players because of size.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - Bruson vs IQ? 

Post#91 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Shams probably smoking a whole pack of newports at once to celebrate.

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,447

Post#92 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:not only is shart a better defender than mitch, he's better than rudy gobert because of these stats. he's also better than og by the way. listen closely....you are not serious individuals.

The one stat they neglect to include is with Mitch starting the Knicks were a top 5 defense and when he went down and iHart starting the Knicks were a bottom 5 defense. It was only after OG came did the Knicks all of a sudden become a better defensive team again.

I will be fair though, iHart has played good enough defense lately that the team defense hasn't dropped off that much after OG went out. Of course, you know that Mitch working himself back into game shape will be a perfect excuse to say he's not as good now for the people who are his haters.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#93 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 pm

No
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,775

Post#94 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 pm

Mitch has missed 81 games the last 2 seasons, IHart is better off that fact alone. No amount of shamproganda can change the fact availability for Mitch is a D-

A full season of games, gone.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#95 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:02 pm

stuporman wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

That means he's not playing, but it sounds nice.

Wait, Stuporman told me none of the injured players would play in any of these "laugher" games.

I guess his ability to read the future completely correctly only applies to past draft picks, once they are on a good streak. :D

I said Mitch was the one that could come back during these laugher games...I guess your ability to read the present moment sentences someone writes only applies to trolling posts so I write this one that way in hopes you can read it. :lol:

I can mostly understand this now.
aggo
RealGM

Post#96 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:02 pm

you are all good basketball heads

stop getting fooled by a **** highlight reel like you're in high school.

be better. seriously.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,163

Post#97 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 pm

For once my son is not lying about an injured player coming back. Let’s go!!!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
aggo
RealGM

Post#98 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:06 pm

stuporman wrote:

The one stat they neglect to include is with Mitch starting the Knicks were a top 5 defense and when he went down and iHart starting the Knicks were a bottom 5 defense. It was only after OG came did the Knicks all of a sudden become a better defensive team again.

I will be fair though, iHart has played good enough defense lately that the team defense hasn't dropped off that much after OG went out. Of course, you know that Mitch working himself back into game shape will be a perfect excuse to say he's not as good now for the people who are his haters.

dont just say stuff.

og has played 17 games as a knick this year

ihart has started 39, played in 65

we are not a "top" or whatever u want say defense because of those 17 games that OG played vs the 65 games ihart has played.

those 10 games where we held opponents under to 90 or whatever it was,

og played like in 2 of those games.
and
mitch 0
and ihart played in all 10

so again, please, we all have agendas, we all realize this.

but stop just saying stuff.
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#99 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 pm

We got both guys, 48 minutes of great defense, who cares.

TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#100 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm

stuporman wrote:

You guys keep bringing up those 2 weeks before OG.

You always neglect to mention that Isaiah was playing before then, with Mitch, too. It’s not like Isaiah replaced Mitch.

Nobody is denying we are a better team with Mitch playing over Jericho and Precious. Mitch is a very good player, but Isaiah is just better.

Also, these stats Im throwing out cover the whole season. OG has only played like 15 games, so he’s definitely not the reason Isaiah’s numbers are top shelf.

Even during our down February and early March, the team basically lost every game Isaiah didn’t play.

Return to New York Knicks