ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,485

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#181 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Gravy wrote:Games like this remind you how much they miss OG and Randle. His 25/10/5 every night should never be taken for granted because of his usual couple of dumb plays. Jalen and Deuce won't be enough against the top teams

There used to be a narrative by some people that precious is better than Randle. Haven’t heard them say that anymore. And I am a big precious fan, but that was not even close to the truth.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Ma10
Senior
And1: 650

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#182 » by Ma10 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Because Wemby was playing against a huge market team.

Yeah we get it, the nba is rigged! I

DON'T MAKE ME SHARE MY THOUGHTS ON THE INTERSECTION OF NBA RIGGING AND Q!

And you're also a believer that Trump is still the president?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,920

Post#183 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:27 pm

Kineto wrote:
omerome wrote:
Gravy wrote:What was that jump ball violation. Looks like the both jumped at the same time

It was a stupid stupid call. At the very least, have them jump it again.

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-6-putting-ball-in-play-live-dead-ball/

Section VII—Restrictions Governing Jump Balls

Each jumper must have at least one foot on or inside that half of the jumping circle which is farthest from his own basket. Each jumper must have both feet within the restraining circle.
The ball must be tapped by one or both of the players participating in the jump ball after it reaches its highest If the ball falls to the floor without being tapped by at least one of the jumpers, one of the officials off the ball shall whistle the ball dead and signal another toss.
Neither jumper may tap the tossed ball before it reaches its highest point.
Neither jumper may leave his half of the jumping circle until the ball has been
Neither jumper may catch the tossed or tapped ball until it touches one of the eight non-jumpers, the floor, the basket or the backboard.
Neither jumper is permitted to tap the ball more than twice on any jump
The eight non-jumpers will remain outside the restraining circle until the ball has been tapped. Teammates may not occupy adjacent positions around the restraining circle if an opponent desires one of the positions. No player may position himself immediately behind an opponent on the restraining circle.
Penalty for c., d., e., f., g.: Ball awarded out-of-bounds to the opponent.
Player position on the restraining circle is determined by the direction of a player’s basket. The player whose basket is nearest shall have first choice of position, with positions being alternated thereafter.

I don't think an NBA jump ball toss ever gets to its highest point. That never gets called though players cheat every single time.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,485

Post#184 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,624

Post#185 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Horrible officiating.

Oh, they'll announce 10 minutes after the game is over that they made a "mistake," but the fix was in!! :nonono:

A jump ball violation. Unbelievable
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#186 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Ma10 wrote:Image

Excuse me! Excuse me! No politics!!!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#187 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:34 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Kineto wrote:
omerome wrote:It was a stupid stupid call. At the very least, have them jump it again.

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-6-putting-ball-in-play-live-dead-ball/

Section VII—Restrictions Governing Jump Balls

Each jumper must have at least one foot on or inside that half of the jumping circle which is farthest from his own basket. Each jumper must have both feet within the restraining circle.
The ball must be tapped by one or both of the players participating in the jump ball after it reaches its highest If the ball falls to the floor without being tapped by at least one of the jumpers, one of the officials off the ball shall whistle the ball dead and signal another toss.
Neither jumper may tap the tossed ball before it reaches its highest point.
Neither jumper may leave his half of the jumping circle until the ball has been
Neither jumper may catch the tossed or tapped ball until it touches one of the eight non-jumpers, the floor, the basket or the backboard.
Neither jumper is permitted to tap the ball more than twice on any jump
The eight non-jumpers will remain outside the restraining circle until the ball has been tapped. Teammates may not occupy adjacent positions around the restraining circle if an opponent desires one of the positions. No player may position himself immediately behind an opponent on the restraining circle.
Penalty for c., d., e., f., g.: Ball awarded out-of-bounds to the opponent.
Player position on the restraining circle is determined by the direction of a player’s basket. The player whose basket is nearest shall have first choice of position, with positions being alternated thereafter.

I don't think an NBA jump ball toss ever gets to its highest point. That never gets called though players cheat every single time.

It was an absolute horsesh*t call. Yeah, there were plays where the Knicks didn't help themselves but that call was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,739

Post#188 » by Gravy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:47 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:More often than not, tanking is the way to get generational talent.

Once every 10 years one team gets a Wemby. The other 9 years all the other teams get an Obi.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,030

Post#189 » by knicks94 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:47 pm

Brunson scores 61 points yet Wendy is trending on Twitter. This game definitely was prescripted.
Ma10
Senior
And1: 650

Post#190 » by Ma10 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Excuse me! Excuse me! No politics!!!

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,249

Post#191 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:55 pm

Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

This rigging wouldn’t happen if Trump was president.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#192 » by Oscirus » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Spurs 32 Free Throws

Knicks 12 Free Throws

How can anyone see that stat and not think the game was rigged?

Why would the nba rig such a meaningless game that wasn’t even on national TV?

Outside of the Nova three, we played like crap collectively. Soft on defense and perhaps too reliant on Brunson on offense. We didn’t deserve to win.

you entirely missed the point

being off national TV is exactly the kind of game you'd fix

No it's not. If you want to mark wemby as the next big thing, you rig it on live tv for the whole world to see. I guarantee you NBA's pissed that the 40/20 game didn't happen on national tv.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,802

Post#193 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
you entirely missed the point

being off national TV is exactly the kind of game you'd fix

Outside of Jalen we don't have anyone else that puts any kind of pressure on the rim, usually we get some freethrows off second chances but everyone is afraid to challenge Victor when they get an offensive board, what's normally a strong putback attempt becomes a couple pump fakes and passes out. I think Victor had something to do with our lack of freethrows, also the Spurs pass a lot and attack rotating closeouts, where as we just iso with 1 guy right now.

Also, our centers make it really easy for him to defend the paint, since neither really poses a threat outside the paint. At least IHart can make passes, but Wemby was in drop just waiting for anyone coming off his screens.

When the Knicks get Towns and Donovan Mitchell, these issues will be corrected.
and worse issues will be created.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,249

Post#194 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:58 pm

Spurs were shooting crazy to start and Knicks have been winning lately despite the injuries but you can’t win them all. Not too worried about this one.

Wemby is fun to watch. Spurs tank and get Wemby, we get RJ.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,791

Post#195 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:24 pm

Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I'm not a believer of that or the Q bullsh*t, only a believer in making jokes
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,791

Post#196 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:26 pm

RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Outside of Jalen we don't have anyone else that puts any kind of pressure on the rim, usually we get some freethrows off second chances but everyone is afraid to challenge Victor when they get an offensive board, what's normally a strong putback attempt becomes a couple pump fakes and passes out. I think Victor had something to do with our lack of freethrows, also the Spurs pass a lot and attack rotating closeouts, where as we just iso with 1 guy right now.

Also, our centers make it really easy for him to defend the paint, since neither really poses a threat outside the paint. At least IHart can make passes, but Wemby was in drop just waiting for anyone coming off his screens.

It'll be totally worth it
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,802

Post#197 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:54 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

It'll be totally worth it

Towns for Jullius and junk contract ...sure maybe.. Donovan Mitchell not so much imo.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,624

Post#198 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:55 pm

It's these type of games that make me want to quit watching this league. How does a rookie get as many FT's as an entire team? How does a 6'2" guard shoot 47 times, has 30 points in the paint and only ends up with 6 FT's? The eye test doesn't lie either. Brunson got hit on his way to the basket multiple times. Twice in the OT by Vassell. Just plain biased officiating that makes you wonder if there is something else going on. Cause it just doesn't make sense!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,163

Post#199 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 pm

mpharris36 wrote:bad defense

wemby with some crazy shots

poor coaching job

Underrated part about coaching. Took out a hot Brunson chasing 2nd seed. Any other game he will overplay Brunson. Thibs continues to be average.

Instead of overplaying to win in regulation as no one else was creating. He got the big minutes bc of overtime lol.

Thibs gon Thibs
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#200 » by Reign23 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:interesting debate

would you rather a #2 or #3 seed and potentially face Miami or the Sixers (with Embiid back). in the 1st round

or the #4 seed and Orlando or Indy in the first round?

I know that means Boston likely in the 2nd round if we advance. But I feel like Miami/Philly (with embiid back) are much worse matchup then the younger up start teams where I think we can physical them to death.

best case is 3 seed with Orlando/Indiana in the first round and Boston on the other side of the bracket imo.
formerly known as knickst4pe

Return to New York Knicks