ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,037

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#121 » by GettinitDone » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:32 am

KnicksGod wrote:I kind of knew Brunson would not make both FTs

He has no help. His legs are not all there and he’s still leaving it all on the court

Leon knew this and he made the Det trade to bring offensive help, prob is they have been poo poo. If they had been just 20% better than they are now, we would have won a few of the games we lost... but I believe they are playing better.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,097

Post#122 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:12 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Sound the alarms Folksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well there's the dagger. looks like buzz was right all along

yep. realized this right before the game after seeing thibs comments.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,831

Post#123 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Sound the alarms Folksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well there's the dagger. looks like buzz was right all along

I'll take my downtrodden victory lap now
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#124 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:17 am

Davis18 wrote:We are still in striking distance of 3rd seed.
We need to start winning games.
Donte & Bogy needs to step up until injured players return.
I bet NBA is really satisfied with last two games.

Chicago has been playing better for a few weeks now.

Just in time for them to sweep 3 games from the injury depleted Knicks at the end of the year.

Knicks will wind up in 6th place, possibly 7th.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#125 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:18 am

Kidknick! wrote:The minutes and production burden that the Villanova trio is having to carry is starting to show.

Can't fault guys for getting tired, when the subs (Bogdo and Burks) are hot garbage and Bogdo in particular looks like he can no longer move.

This trade has to be considered a pretty big failure on the F/O.

The OG trade not looking so great either. It's great when he plays. The problem is, OG has a history of not playing.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#126 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:21 am

robillionaire wrote:I’m starting to think I support going to a 62 game season

ngl, this regular season feels like forever. usually I enjoy the amount of games, but you can easily cut a few.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,711

Post#127 » by Kidknick! » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:55 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Kidknick! wrote:The minutes and production burden that the Villanova trio is having to carry is starting to show.

Can't fault guys for getting tired, when the subs (Bogdo and Burks) are hot garbage and Bogdo in particular looks like he can no longer move.

The OG trade not looking so great either. It's great when he plays. The problem is, OG has a history of not playing.

Modern day McDyess.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#128 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

the hoop collective talked about him and said guys in tornoto felt sometimes he could play through pain and he didn't. and maybe that's what josh was talking about.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#129 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:19 pm

Can still enjoy watching an undermanned team brave through injuries and make a fun playoff run.

But we're gonna have to wait for next season to see them contend.

Seems like Julius should've gotten surgery in January and OG should have been shut down for an extra 2-3 weeks for full recovery.

I'm sure it's more complicated than it appears, but the medical staff sure seems to constantly miss the target. I think an extra pair of eyes with some level of oversight is needed there.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,920

Post#130 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:22 pm

Just no more injuries…I cringe every time I see Brunson go down hard or come up hobbling
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#131 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:09 pm

knicks94 wrote:Is OG really a player that deserves the max? I would love to bring him back, but not for 35 or 40 plus million dollars.

The injuries def makes you think twice about giving him that much. Maybe his price tag will come down closer to $30mil per
Mavs
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#132 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:15 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Is OG really a player that deserves the max? I would love to bring him back, but not for 35 or 40 plus million dollars.

The injuries def makes you think twice about giving him that much. Maybe his price tag will come down closer to $30mil per

the knicks have no choice but to give him the money. or a team like philly will and he'll leave.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#133 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

the knicks have no choice but to give him the money. or a team like philly will and he'll leave.

We will have to pay him whatever he commands but I wonder if this makes other teams think twice at least about offering the $35-$40mil range. The latest injuries could knock a few mil off the price tag….or maybe not.
Mavs
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#134 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:30 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

We will have to pay him whatever he commands but I wonder if this makes other teams think twice at least about offering the $35-$40mil range. The latest injuries could knock a few mil off the price tag….or maybe not.

nah. this is his history. everyone knew it. i heard windy say today that the knicks knew it when they traded for him. you can't try to low ball him.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#135 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:30 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

nah. this is his history. everyone knew it. i heard windy say today that the knicks knew it when they traded for him. you can't try to low ball him. that would be a mistake.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,525

Post#136 » by DOT » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:34 pm

This is why I don't take anyone seriously when they use the "but more free throws" to "prove" refs are rigging games, cause we shot 34 free throws last night to OKC's 24, yet because we didn't shoot 35, it's proof the refs are conspiring against us

The team missed 11 free throws last night, including Brunson going 4-8. Season average of 78% for the team works out to about 26.5 of 34, so we could've shot below our average and it would've been a 4 point game at the end.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,031

Post#137 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:41 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

You can thank guys like Kawhi who created a market for part time players receiving max contracts.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#138 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

nah. this is his history. everyone knew it. i heard windy say today that the knicks knew it when they traded for him. you can't try to low ball him.

Everyone knew it at the time but another surgery + setback will have to be factored in especially if he can’t come back healthy.

He will still get a big contract and Knicks will have to pay. Just maybe knock a few mil off.
Mavs
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#139 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:48 pm

they talked about this a little on the hoop collective and said that post all-star break a point of emphasis was to reward guys less who hunt for fouls and they said brunson was one of those guys.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#140 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:51 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Everyone knew it at the time but another surgery + setback will have to be factored in especially if he can’t come back healthy.

He will still get a big contract and Knicks will have to pay. Just maybe knock a few mil off.

i totally disagree. i wouldn't be surprised if philly makes it known they're wiling to throw the full max at him. they have a lot of cap space and there aren't a lot of guys to get. and then we'll have to match that. you don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

Return to New York Knicks