ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,097

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#141 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:53 pm

and if anything he showed his value more this year than ever before. without him the knicks have been around a .500 team.

the knicks are 29-28 without him this year and 15-2 with him

and if you wonder, before they traded for him

The New York Knicks had a 17-15 record between October 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.

they were 2 games over .500
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,745

Post#142 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:58 pm

The OG extension is a roll of the dice but one the Knicks - maybe more than any other team - have to make.

Our defense (in addition to Brunson) will be the pathway to contention. And we don't have an elite defense without OG. Other semi-realistic pathways contain even more risk.

So we don't have much leverage. We'll just have to pay up. Hopefully OG's camp offer a pay cut but it's not owed to us.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#143 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:04 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The OG extension is a roll of the dice but one the Knicks - maybe more than any other team - have to make.

Our defense (in addition to Brunson) will be the pathway to contention. And we don't have an elite defense without OG. Other semi-realistic pathways contain even more risk.

So we don't have much leverage. We'll just have to pay up. Hopefully OG's camp offer a pay cut but it's not owed to us.

there are some guys where it's baked in that they're gonna miss a lot of time and if you are worried about that you just don't trade for them. you don't get to ask for a discount after. he's 26, he'll be 27 in july. this is his prime and his best time to cash in. he's going to.

everybody is just shocked because we hadn't experienced this yet but the toronto fans were telling us this all along.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,920

Post#144 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
nah. this is his history. everyone knew it. i heard windy say today that the knicks knew it when they traded for him. you can't try to low ball him.

Everyone knew it at the time but another surgery + setback will have to be factored in especially if he can’t come back healthy.

He will still get a big contract and Knicks will have to pay. Just maybe knock a few mil off.

i totally disagree. i wouldn't be surprised if philly makes it known they're wiling to throw the full max at him. they have a lot of cap space and there aren't a lot of guys to get. and then we'll have to match that. you don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

Sixers are gonna have to max out Maxey. I don’t think they would max out OG too. That’ll put them in the apron and cap hell. Doesn’t seem worth it for OG for them. They would probably be better off with Oubre for cheaper and other players. Again, for maybe the $30-$35mik range, just can’t see them going up to $40mil or max. There first choice might also be to go after PG/Kawhi, maybe Jrue….or a legit allstar if they are gonna offer a max.

The cap just makes it real tough to have 3 max guys.

OG is also CAA and Knick will most likely resign and everyone probably knows that too.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#145 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:09 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Is OG really a player that deserves the max? I would love to bring him back, but not for 35 or 40 plus million dollars.

The injuries def makes you think twice about giving him that much. Maybe his price tag will come down closer to $30mil per

The FO will push hard for incentive clauses based on number of games played. I don't see how you could offer a large deal without those terms now.
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#146 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:13 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Everyone knew it at the time but another surgery + setback will have to be factored in especially if he can’t come back healthy.

He will still get a big contract and Knicks will have to pay. Just maybe knock a few mil off.

i totally disagree. i wouldn't be surprised if philly makes it known they're wiling to throw the full max at him. they have a lot of cap space and there aren't a lot of guys to get. and then we'll have to match that. you don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

Sixers are gonna have to max out Maxey. I don’t think they would max out OG too. That’ll put them in the apron and cap hell. Doesn’t seem worth it for OG for them. They would probably be better off with Oubre for cheaper and other players. Again, for maybe the $30-$35mik range, just can’t see them going up to $40mil or max. There first choice might also be to go after PG/Kawhi, maybe Jrue….or a legit allstar if they are gonna offer a max.

OG is also CAA and Knick will most likely resign and everyone probably knows that too.

there's talk right now the sixers are gonna go hard after paul george who's max is north of 50 mill a year. compared to him og would be a discount. they have a very limited window to win with embiid, i don't think they're gonna worry about the cost right now.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#147 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

there's talk right now the sixers are gonna go hard after paul george who's max is 50 mill a year. compared to him og would be a discount. they have a very limited window to win with embiid, i don't think they're gonna worry about the cost right now.

Yea, like I mentioned for someone like PG I can see them going in for and paying. Think he’ll be one of there first options over OG. He’s just better than OG as an overall player.

OGs gonna get his bag. But if the dude can’t even come back this season and has a bum elbow there’s gonna be less interest at least to max him out.
Mavs
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#148 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

there's talk right now the sixers are gonna go hard after paul george who's max is north of 50 mill a year. compared to him og would be a discount. they have a very limited window to win with embiid, i don't think they're gonna worry about the cost right now.

Knicks were in discussions with PG13 in the summer too apparently. He wouldn't be a bad second option. Just really risky, but him and OG and one of our centers...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081661-knicks-rumors-paul-george-trade-off-the-table-clippers-star-sought-new-contract
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#149 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

there's talk right now the sixers are gonna go hard after paul george who's max is 50 mill a year. compared to him og would be a discount. they have a very limited window to win with embiid, i don't think they're gonna worry about the cost right now.

Yea, like I mentioned for someone like PG I can see them going in for and paying. Think he’ll be one of there first options over OG. He’s just better than OG as an overall player.

OGs gonna get his bag. But if the dude can’t even come back this season and has a bum elbow there’s gonna be less interest at least to max him out.

before we traded for him the rumor was that og was their number 1 target. i'm sure they would still jump at the chance to steal him if they could.

we would jump at the chance to get embiid even though he's injured every year. hell, paul george is injured a lot later in his career. i don't think it really affects these guys value if they're good enough. and what's the knicks other options if we don't want to give him the money ? nothing.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#150 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:29 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The OG extension is a roll of the dice but one the Knicks - maybe more than any other team - have to make.

We have 2 players who are perpetually injured - OG and MItch. Both are paid mostly/totally for their D.

OG is a difference maker. We have never sniffed 15-2 with Mitch alone.

So if we can only afford one, it's an easy decision - bye Mitch. Give his money to OG. :nod:

(OG averages 58.8 games a year; MItch just 52 (maybe he'll get to 53/54 this year).
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#151 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:31 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Knicks were in discussions with PG13 in the summer too apparently. He wouldn't be a bad second option. Just really risky, but him and OG and one of our centers...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081661-knicks-rumors-paul-george-trade-off-the-table-clippers-star-sought-new-contract

the knicks should absolutely be trying to work out a sign and trade for him if he can't agree to a deal with the clippers. randle would have to head out there i assume as part of the deal.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#152 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:41 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

the knicks should absolutely be trying to work out a sign and trade for him if he can't agree to a deal with the clippers. randle would have to head out there i assume as part of the deal.

Wild card is if PG prefers hometown CA vs. getting a real shot at a ring before his time is up.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#153 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

before we traded for him the rumor was that og was their number 1 target. i'm sure they would still jump at the chance to steal him if they could.

we would jump at the chance to get embiid even though he's injured every year. hell, paul george is injured a lot later in his career. i don't think it really affects these guys value if they're good enough. and what's the knicks other options if we don't want to give him the money ? nothing.

PG and Embiid are legit stars so they are just worth more. OG is a really good player and difference maker, but in the end mostly plays the 3D role, an elite one. Teams will pay for that. But usually not as much as a 2 way star that can create there own shot and make allstar teams. I’m sure the sixers would love to have him, as would every team. But there is probably a limit unless they think he will put them over the top.

I think he’ll get something around 4 years $140mil. His max is about 4/$180mil. I don’t see teams going that high (max) but you never know
Mavs
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#154 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:51 pm

OG is the real deal and before the injury was the answer to all our problems. Given that he’s only 26, he’s certainly worth it. The question actually seems very disturbing to me … I mean who tf is readyy to let this guy go?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#155 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:52 pm

8516knicks wrote:

We have 2 players who are perpetually injured - OG and MItch. Both are paid mostly/totally for their D.

OG is a difference maker. We have never sniffed 15-2 with Mitch alone.

So if we can only afford one, it's an easy decision - bye Mitch. Give his money to OG. :nod:

(OG averages 58.8 games a year; MItch just 52 (maybe he'll get to 53/54 this year).

Mitch is earning 15.6 mill this year, 14.3 mill next, 12.9 after. OG is gonna be looking for something a lot fatter. Usually the argument is between Mitch and IHart. I'd probably throw in Precious.

If Sims had developed like Miles too, might be a different story. We also have a few draft picks too, so who knows whether they'll fall in love with a rim runner.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#156 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:01 pm

If OG is a FA, why can't we offer Mitch's 14 plus 20 or so? Is there a rule limiting what we can offer OG? I think Dolan might go a long way for a championship.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#157 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:04 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

PG and Embiid are legit stars so they are just worth more. OG is a really good player and difference maker, but in the end mostly plays the 3D role, an elite one. Teams will pay for that. But usually not as much as a 2 way star that can create there own shot and make allstar teams. I’m sure the sixers would love to have him, as would every team. But there is probably a limit unless they think he will put them over the top.

I think he’ll get something around 4 years $140mil. His max is about 4/$180mil. I don’t see teams going that high (max) but you never know

"PG and Embiid are legit stars" but without OG neither on the Knicks would win a ring.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#158 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:17 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

"PG and Embiid are legit stars" but without OG neither on the Knicks would win a ring.

I love what OG brings and Knicks need to resign him.
It's really just in terms of contracts...OG is not going to get paid the same as those guys
Mavs
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#159 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

I love what OG brings and Knicks need to resign him.
It's really just in terms of contracts...OG is not going to get paid the same as those guys

Great, he’s going to be paid less and I want him here more.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,763

Post#160 » by cgf » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:33 pm

This one hurt a little. Yes we were shorthanded and OKC is a great team, but we had this game won before those early 4th quarter non-brunson minutes.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to New York Knicks