ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,895

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#181 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:40 pm

At least some positives….

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,527

Post#182 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:42 pm

I don’t think we were winning it all fully healthy. You need a legit second option. Randle isn’t that guy. Will be interesting to see what happens this offseason. I would put Randle out there in trade scenarios depending on who is available.

We also need to find someone in the draft that can fill in for OG. Easier said than done but hopefully we can scout a guy who will be able to bring some defensive intensity and versatility that Anunoby brings. Considering the guy is going to be missing 20-25 games per season we will need an adequate backup for him. Hart is great but too small to guard multiple positions.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,449

Post#183 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:45 pm

Here it is again, a couple days ago I state the obvious about refs lumping Brunson into the foul baiters group and penalizing him for getting fouled because of his style of play. He can't drive into the paint and pivot around because that's 'hunting' a foul so they won't call it now.

You know who else was a 'foul hunter'? Every elite player in the history of the league, they get into the paint and draw illegal contact from players who can't stop them without it...that's still a foul that has to be called even if you want to clean up the baiters. Baiting and hunting aren't really the same thing.

Throwing yourself into players that have legal defensive position with an exaggerated fly away as if the defender initiated the contact is the baiting. It's not driving into the paint, so players initiate illegal contact with the offensive player and knowing you're going to get that contact, even forcing them to.

It's almost as if once the Knicks actually get a player that can take them to the next level all of a sudden they decide that type of player isn't 'good for the league'. Can't have the Brunsons of the world thinking they are elite, that's for aliens like LeBron or Wemby, not little blue collar Brunson.

Such a sham, if they take away a player's incentive to drive into the paint knowing it will draw illegal contact by not calling those fouls they won't do it anymore. It will turn the league into 3 point shots and open layups with little to nothing else, exactly what they supposedly hated about the AS game.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,801

Post#184 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:52 pm

stuporman wrote:Here it is again, a couple days ago I state the obvious about refs lumping Brunson into the foul baiters group and penalizing him for getting fouled because of his style of play. He can't drive into the paint and pivot around because that's 'hunting' a foul so they won't call it now.

You know who else was a 'foul hunter'? Every elite player in the history of the league, they get into the paint and draw illegal contact from players who can't stop them without it...that's still a foul that has to be called even if you want to clean up the baiters. Baiting and hunting aren't really the same thing.

Throwing yourself into players that have legal defensive position with an exaggerated fly away as if the defender initiated the contact is the baiting. It's not driving into the paint, so players initiate illegal contact with the offensive player and knowing you're going to get that contact, even forcing them to.

It's almost as if once the Knicks actually get a player that can take them to the next level all of a sudden they decide that type of player isn't 'good for the league'. Can't have the Brunsons of the world thinking they are elite, that's for aliens like LeBron or Wemby, not little blue collar Brunson.

Such a sham, if they take away a player's incentive to drive into the paint knowing it will draw illegal contact by not calling those fouls they won't do it anymore. It will turn the league into 3 point shots and open layups with little to nothing else, exactly what they supposedly hated about the AS game.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#185 » by dakomish23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:52 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nothing else needs to be said Folksssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** these Refs and the NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a big part of his game is getting guys on his right hip on his drives so he can get off his shots. mix in the late game stuff maybe they just assumed it was the same thing again which he never gets the call :dontknow:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#186 » by dakomish23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:55 pm

Giddey has had a pretty good March.

16.3 PPG 7.0 RPG 5.5 APG
57.2% FG 41.4% 70% FT

This OKC team was already a juggernaut with SGA & J Dub being unstoppable and Chet being a unicorn. If he's gonna be anywhere close to this, good luck to everyone in the West
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,640

Post#187 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:05 pm

DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Interesting. That shows. Maybe they've overcompensated though.

They've definitely been looking at his hunting for charges differently.

I think for Brunson it's more a factor of he's playing fewer minutes and we've slowed our pace down a lot post-ASB

Pace went from 97 pre-ASB to 94 post-ASB, and Brunson has gone from about 36 mpg to under 33, which is a good thing because Thibs isn't wearing him out, but I think that's more the reason why than anything

Cause you look at per36 numbers, his free throws per36 went from 6.3 pre-ASB to 6.0 post-ASB. So slight decline, but not a huge amount. Per100 possessions, from 8.6 pre-ASB to 8.5 post-ASB, virtually identical

You can argue he's been not getting calls all year and I think there's a point there, but people are drastically overstating the difference. Plus, I find it hard to understand how the same people saying the Lakers being #1 in free throw differential over 2 seasons is clear evidence of rigging, but the Knicks at #2 are being rigged against somehow

Every single fanbase feels like the refs are against them personally. At least some of them have to be wrong, mathematically speaking.

I'm not talking about the numbers. I'm talking about calls that he used to get that he's not right now. The word is out on him. I've honestly been of the opinion that his charge hunting in particular is kind of lame but that's how they've called the game.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
stuporman
RealGM

Post#188 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:09 pm

RHODEY wrote:
stuporman wrote:Here it is again, a couple days ago I state the obvious about refs lumping Brunson into the foul baiters group and penalizing him for getting fouled because of his style of play. He can't drive into the paint and pivot around because that's 'hunting' a foul so they won't call it now.

He said what I just said, that's what elite players have always done, drive into the paint knowing it's going to draw contact. This is different from initiating the contact and exaggerating it as if the defender initiated it in attempt to bait the call.

Brunson isn't a baiter, but he certainly is one who forces the defense to stop him, often with illegal contact. Just because he's not an athletic freak so his game revolves around footwork, pivoting and shifty dribbling doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the calls.
Image?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,168

Post#189 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:10 pm

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,042

Post#190 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:31 pm

I'm really starting to hate some of you mfers.

not you stup. I'm consolidating posts :)

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,757

Post#191 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:53 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:I don’t think we were winning it all fully healthy. You need a legit second option. Randle isn’t that guy. Will be interesting to see what happens this offseason. I would put Randle out there in trade scenarios depending on who is available.

We also need to find someone in the draft that can fill in for OG. Easier said than done but hopefully we can scout a guy who will be able to bring some defensive intensity and versatility that Anunoby brings. Considering the guy is going to be missing 20-25 games per season we will need an adequate backup for him. Hart is great but too small to guard multiple positions.

It's fine not to like him, but I still can't understand the logic that Randle isn't a legitimate 2nd option. He was well on his way to another All-NBA team. He was playing exactly what we all wanted to see from him (bully ball), he still commanded double teams, he was reading the doubles better this year. I don't know what more you ask of him.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,757

Post#192 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:57 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Image

Basically. I'm not going to lie, though, my optimism is waning. We had good news with OG's return, then bad. We had good news with Robinson returning, then bad (I'm not looking too much into his current injury). Just a lot of highs and lows here.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,311

Post#193 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:10 pm

There's a chance we "run it back" next season with a healthy squad without major changes...

iHart / Mitch
Randle / Precious
OG / Hart
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Rokas

Then we draft three young 3&D prospects and let them develop in the background and fill-in for injured guys here and there. That's still a 55+ win contending team when healthy and we wouldn't have to make any major trades until a great one presents itself.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,801

Post#194 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:32 pm

sol537 wrote:There's a chance we "run it back" next season with a healthy squad without major changes...

iHart / Mitch
Randle / Precious
OG / Hart
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Rokas

Then we draft three young 3&D prospects and let them develop in the background and fill-in for injured guys here and there. That's still a 55+ win contending team when healthy and we wouldn't have to make any major trades until a great one presents itself.

I doubt it . The picks and expiring contracts we've collected would go to waste. Worst case we get Donovan Mitchell- even though I don't like the fit.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,868

Post#195 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Brunson/Deuce
Caruso/Divo
Derozan/jhart
Og/jhart
I hart/precious

I think I’d do it Folksssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#196 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,281

Post#197 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:26 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

and then expect them to get right into the flow of playoff basketball....that makes no sense.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
stuporman
RealGM

Post#198 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:34 pm

The 'second option' narrative of needing another player that can create shots shouldn't be viewed as this is all that matters. The Suns have 3 of those players in Booker, KD and Beal yet they aren't invincible, they are barely even a playoff team.

There definitely needs to be a well balanced team built around any number of shot creators they may have. It's why teams like OKC, Denver and even the BOS are so tough is because they do have a well balanced team including role players that impact winning.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#199 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:37 pm

So the media muppets with all their sources are saying the thing that a nobody with no sources like me has been saying for weeks? :rofl:
Image?
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#200 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks