ImageImageImageImageImage

Per WOJ - Randle having surgery

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,719

Re: Per WOJ - Randle having surgery 

Post#261 » by nedleeds » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:39 am

Pointless year where we were 0% to make the finals 0% to get a top 5 pick. Maybe this will convince them to trade Brunson for a haul and have a shot at a title in 6 years.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,939

Post#262 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:39 am

FO should have seen this possibility and made a better move at the deadline to replace Randle. One forward who's better than Bog and Burks combined
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 645

Post#263 » by Galou » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:31 am

Sad my dawg is out but
"I aint got time to bleed"

Time for Precious to unleash the beast
F$+*k the Nets.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#264 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:55 am

aggo wrote:the exact nature of the injury is that it can only be solved with surgery. his shoulder was always going to be unstable whether he waited 1 week, 10 weeks, 10 years.

he rehabbed it because he wanted to come back and give himself and the team a chance.

the rehab didnt work because the original injury REQUIRES surgery to fix.

you are all **** sad for thinking that "he made it worse"
"he waited 5 weeks"
"he came back too soon for contact"

Carmelo didn't have surgery on his torn labrum in 2013. Played through it and then rehabbed it the entire summer. Probably a case-by-case scenario.

The Knicks medical staff have cleared multiple players only for them to reaggravate injuries over the last two seasons. There's a pattern. They're not being conservative enough with their assessments and I think it calls for having another person in an oversight role to link between the medical side and the basketball side.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,031

Post#265 » by knicks94 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:29 am

If Randle is injured for the 2025 playoffs, do we offer him the max to see if he can prove himself in the 2026 playoffs?
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,322

Post#266 » by DrCoach » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:48 am

Get well soon

Next man up
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,994

Post#267 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:48 am

nedleeds wrote:Pointless year where we were 0% to make the finals 0% to get a top 5 pick. Maybe this will convince them to trade Brunson for a haul and have a shot at a title in 6 years.

The is a REALLY REALLY dumb post my ****.

The way Brunson is playing combined with a healthy roster, the emergence of Deuce we absolutely could make the finals, especially with our defense

We need a healthy OG it starts there.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,994

Post#268 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:48 am

knicks94 wrote:If Randle is injured for the 2025 playoffs, do we offer him the max to see if he can prove himself in the 2026 playoffs?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,843

Post#269 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:It sucks for us b/c after that BKN win I was sure we were a legitimate contender. All I needed to see was OG be more aggressive & the bench unit to keep us afloat. And we did it.

Also, Randle was well on his way to another all NBA caliber season after the horrific start.

Just bad news all around. Get healthy, this isn’t the end of this run.

Start Bogs at PF would be my vote IF OG gets back to have enough offensive punch to make some noise. But just as good a case if not better start Precious instead. As a starter his averages are

12.5 PPG 9.5 RPG 1.4 APG 1.8 BPG 1.1 SPG at 52.6% FG

OG not coming back. Any day the Knicks will drip release the news that OG is done for year as well.

Idk. Contract year
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,719

Post#270 » by nedleeds » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:04 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Pointless year where we were 0% to make the finals 0% to get a top 5 pick. Maybe this will convince them to trade Brunson for a haul and have a shot at a title in 6 years.

The way Brunson is playing combined with a healthy roster, the emergence of Deuce we absolutely could make the finals, especially with our defense

Betting on a healthy OG Andidontplay to be healthy is dumber than my post. Still a good trade to get off RJ for a risky but good fit expiring. Unfortunately OG is CAA and this trade was for Sam Rose. Never say Leon isn't a great father.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#271 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:19 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:FO should have seen this possibility and made a better move at the deadline to replace Randle. One forward who's better than Bog and Burks combined

I was one of Randle’s loudest critics, but there aren’t really any better options at PF around the league.

Look at the position, you can’t really replace him. I think I’d take Markkanen over him but I’m not even sure about that. Ingram maybe. Maybe. Maybe…. I’d certainly take Sabonis, but it’s never going to happen. That’s basically the list and Sabonis isn’t even a PF and Ingram defends better at SF. Since KD, AD, Banchero or Giannis won’t become available, you’ll be very hard-pressed to find a player that would provide an actual upgrade over Dubious Handles.

Looking at Small Forwards, Tatum could play PF and so could Kawhi, but none of that is ever going to happen. You could move OG to PF, I guess, but who do you start at PF then? I’d love to get Bridges, but that’s at Shooting Guard with OG and Randle at Forward. After all, size matters, you don’t want to compromise that.

Go find a trade target. I don’t see it. https://hoopshype.com/lists/best-players-for-every-position/
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#272 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:21 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

I agree.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#273 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:25 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
aggo wrote:the exact nature of the injury is that it can only be solved with surgery. his shoulder was always going to be unstable whether he waited 1 week, 10 weeks, 10 years.

he rehabbed it because he wanted to come back and give himself and the team a chance.

"he waited 5 weeks"

Carmelo didn't have surgery on his torn labrum in 2013. Played through it and then rehabbed it the entire summer. Probably a case-by-case scenario.

The Knicks medical staff have cleared multiple players only for them to reaggravate injuries over the last two seasons. There's a pattern. They're not being conservative enough with their assessments and I think it calls for having another person in an oversight role to link between the medical side and the basketball side.

A torn labrum is a serious injury. Sometimes that sht never heals up. Look it up. Once you understand what a labrum is, you understand why he’s out for season.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#274 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:01 pm

ImageImageImage
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#275 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:15 pm

I foresee a 1999 style underdog playoff run

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,430

Post#276 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:52 pm

aggo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:He waited 5 weeks after the setback to get surgery or did the knicks sit on the surgery news that long?

I gotta be honest

the fact that people are still thinking this is some conspiracy and that he held something back is just really really **** sad.

use your brain people.

Who said its a conspiracy all I said was if he knew his shoulder was done five weeks ago, he should've had the surgery then. If he did, then the knicks sat on the information and gave fans false hope.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#277 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:07 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

"he waited 5 weeks"

A torn labrum is a serious injury. Sometimes that sht never heals up. Look it up. Once you understand what a labrum is, you understand why he’s out for season.

No I agree, I wasn't trying to minimize Randle's injury.
The Vo Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 759

Post#278 » by The Vo Show » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:09 pm

Oscirus wrote:
aggo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:He waited 5 weeks after the setback to get surgery or did the knicks sit on the surgery news that long?

I gotta be honest

the fact that people are still thinking this is some conspiracy and that he held something back is just really really **** sad.

use your brain people.

Who said its a conspiracy all I said was if he knew his shoulder was done five weeks ago, he should've had the surgery then. If he did, then the knicks sat on the information and gave fans false hope.

They said he was back at square 1 5 weeks ago due to that reinjury. So I guess he gave it another go to rehab again for the last 5 weeks but realized theres no way to feel comfortable this season.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#279 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:49 pm

It seems people are confused thinking when Randle said 'full contact' that he meant he was playing with people again. My impression was that he had ramped up to simulated full contact with pads, so it was still in a 'controlled contact' context with soft pads, not with player bodies.

That during a session, not sure if it was the first one at that level, he aggravated the shoulder and stopped the progress towards the real bodies of players. They probably backed off to lower contact still in pads to give it more time but ultimately they realized he wasn't going to get healthy enough to play his style.

I don't think he was ever playing against other people yet.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
knicksstuff
Sophomore
And1: 296

Post#280 » by knicksstuff » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:06 pm

It sucks cause this could have all been avoided if randle just made the easy pass to the corner to a wide open brunson. He will be missed on this playoff run

Return to New York Knicks