ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Scott Foster sucks

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,725

Re: PG: Scott Foster sucks 

Post#101 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:59 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.

To me it looked 90% incidental. But apparently intention doesn't come into play anyway.

He gets ejected for that but the Miami guy undercutting Julius when there was no play is not a foul.
And Bam can go Bam Bam as he pleases,
Brunson muggings continue.
Hard to watch.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,793

Post#102 » by Buttah304 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:18 pm

TW I’ll chime in to your Q:

In a hypothetical scenario where we could get Donovan I would prefer to keep McBride over DDV. Spida provides the same 40-41% 3PT shooting in C&S as Donte. As far as defense is concerned, DM has actually been a better defender this year. When you factor in everything else DM does when it comes to attacking off the dribble it’s about as clear an upgrade as you can make.

In theory you can have McBride play a little off ball action (where he’s comfortable) while picking guys up at half-court. For me, DDV would feel a little redundant.

And to be fair, I’m not sure he would have the same impact off the bench. I know for us on a computer it’s easy to say just put XYZ in a bench role and they will thrive…but time and time again if you look across the league players struggle in that position unless they’ve predominantly played there (IE: Clarkson, Lou Will, J Craw) and so on.

Now if I’m being a realist, Cavs would demand McBride along with 3 unprotected picks.

And if I’m being more of a realist, I can more likely envision Spida ending up in BK and Trae in Orlando (or actually Anfernee Simons).

Have a feeling the eastern conference is gonna look awfully different very soon.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,811

Post#103 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:43 pm

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.

To me it looked 90% incidental. But apparently intention doesn't come into play anyway.

He gets ejected for that but the Miami guy undercutting Julius when there was no play is not a foul.
And Bam can go Bam Bam as he pleases,
Brunson muggings continue.
Hard to watch.
Yes It is hard to watch...so I just stop watching. Maybe I'll come back to watching entire games again next season when we'll be too good (and healthy)for the refs to f@ck us.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,795

Post#104 » by cgmw » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:25 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
cgmw wrote:Not to mention disgruntled Brunson. It would have been a disastrous, Isiah-like move.

Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bojan & Burks

Knicks could desperately use a reliable scorer/playmaker so Brunson can catch his breath.

Without Randle, teams are just going to key in on Brunson in the playoffs.

facts. if brunson has a really bad playoffs (like randle vs the hawks) i won't even hold it against him.

and i am not even the biggest murray fan, but i am pretty sure having him would be 10x better than what we have gotten from bojan and burks.

Two things are both true:

1) Murray is better than Bojan/Burks; and
2) Knicks are better without Murray

You don’t mess with Brunson’s chemistry like that unless it’s for somebody much, much bigger than Murray. Same holds/held true for D Mitchell too. They weren’t gonna risk screwing up a good thing over D Murray. But yes you are 100% correct that he’s better than Bojan and Burks.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,720

Post#105 » by nedleeds » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:08 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Here’s a question:

Who would you rather give up in a star trade:

Donte or Deuce?

Why are either of these guys another other than throw in's in a star trade? They're irrelevant. Matching not negative salary basically.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,319

Post#106 » by sol537 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:23 pm

There’s a scenario where Spida is the only legit piece available to us. In that scenario, they’d probably want Mitch, McBride, and picks. Then we’d move DDV to the bench, bring over Rokas, and use Bogs to upgrade our bench depth via a 3&d big man. IHart, Randle, OG, Mitch, and Brunson will be given a full season to cook.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,643

Post#107 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:46 pm

cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bojan & Burks

Knicks could desperately use a reliable scorer/playmaker so Brunson can catch his breath.

facts. if brunson has a really bad playoffs (like randle vs the hawks) i won't even hold it against him.

and i am not even the biggest murray fan, but i am pretty sure having him would be 10x better than what we have gotten from bojan and burks.

You don’t mess with Brunson’s chemistry like that unless it’s for somebody much, much bigger than Murray. Same holds/held true for D Mitchell too. They weren’t gonna risk screwing up a good thing over D Murray. But yes you are 100% correct that he’s better than Bojan and Burks.

Saying the Knicks are better without Murray/Donovan is just an opinion, not truth. I get the concerns about their fit, but the Knicks need a secondary ball handler badly. Murray would easily fill in that void and you can still use him as trade bait in the summer for a better fitting star if it came to that. Bojan/Burks value is pretty much down the toilet right now.

Donovan Mitchell would be my preference, he had no problems fitting in with a small PG (Mike Conley) and having success in the playoffs.

At some point you have to take risks. You guys are waiting for the perfect fitting star like Embiid/Giannis which is never happening. Take what you can get and try to figure it out from there instead of settling for trash like Burks and Bojan.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#108 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:01 pm

cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bojan & Burks

I don't want to trade for Murray and I think he's just a ball dominant losing player. He's a below league average shooter and always has been ranging from wretched in 21 to just meh this year. He used to rebound and pass and defend, now he chucks 10 3's a game on a dumpster team.

That being said, if he just replaced Deuce as our backup PG of course we'd be better. But he thinks he's a superstar now and his contract goes 4 *more* years at $30 million for a guy who will only get worse and plays the same position as our best player. The Hawks will want to at least break even on the trade which is why they are letting him huck and chuck and put up numbers. The Hawks gave up FOUR picks for him, just to suck.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,221

Post#109 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:facts. if brunson has a really bad playoffs (like randle vs the hawks) i won't even hold it against him.

Saying the Knicks are better without Murray/Donovan is just an opinion, not truth. I get the concerns about their fit, but the Knicks need a secondary ball handler badly. Murray would easily fill in that void and you can still use him as trade bait in the summer for a better fitting star if it came to that. Bojan/Burks value is pretty much down the toilet right now.

Donovan Mitchell would be my preference, he had no problems fitting in with a small PG (Mike Conley) and having success in the playoffs.

At some point you have to take risks. You guys are waiting for the perfect fitting star like Embiid/Giannis which is never happening. Take what you can get and try to figure it out from there instead of settling for trash like Burks and Bojan.

I hate to say it but I would consider Donovan if the price isn't too crazy and it means we can dump Randle.

I have nothing against Randle but it has been 3 seasons where he either flops in the playoffs or gets injured. Its probably just bad luck but I don't think he is the right guy for us.

I am still skeptical about Brunson and Donovan fitwise but I think it can work. Murray would be ok at the right price as well. He isn't nearly as good as Donovan though especially scoring wise. He is pretty inefficient and the risk is that he thinks he is better than he really is and chucks too much when he isn't that guy.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,920

Post#110 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:10 pm

Atl wanted multiple picks for Murray and supposedly the price was too high for every team…hence why he wasn’t moved
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,766

Post#111 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:27 pm

Jeez, we're still talking about Murray, huh? Fact that he doesn't fit with the current team tells me all I need or want to know.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#112 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:02 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
cgmw wrote:Two things are both true:

I hate to say it but I would consider Donovan if the price isn't too crazy and it means we can dump Randle.

I have nothing against Randle but it has been 3 seasons where he either flops in the playoffs or gets injured. Its probably just bad luck but I don't think he is the right guy for us.

I am still skeptical about Brunson and Donovan fitwise but I think it can work. Murray would be ok at the right price as well. He isn't nearly as good as Donovan though especially scoring wise. He is pretty inefficient and the risk is that he thinks he is better than he really is and chucks too much when he isn't that guy.

I think the Knicks want to form a big 3 with Randle, Brunson and Mitchell. I think it could really work especially with randle’s playmaking. We saw a lot of times this year he let others cook and played more of a facilitating role. But his injuries def suck and wouldn’t be surprised if the Knicks decided to move on.

I don’t mind murrray either at the right price. But would rather have Mitchell.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,795

Post#113 » by cgmw » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:10 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Saying the Knicks are better without Murray/Donovan is just an opinion, not truth. I get the concerns about their fit, but the Knicks need a secondary ball handler badly. Murray would easily fill in that void and you can still use him as trade bait in the summer for a better fitting star if it came to that. Bojan/Burks value is pretty much down the toilet right now.

I think the Knicks want to form a big 3 with Randle, Brunson and Mitchell. I think it could really work especially with randle’s playmaking. We saw a lot of times this year he let others cook and played more of a facilitating role. But his injuries def suck and wouldn’t be surprised if the Knicks decided to move on.

Call me crazy but I’d much rather have DDV and Deuce plus cap space and assets than either Mitchell or Dejuonte. Neither of those guys make us contenders. And yet both those guys risk the All-NBA heroics of Brunson and the chemistry of his merry band of Nova boys.

Wake me up when we’re talking Booker, Durant, Embiid, KAT, or maybe (a bonafide rumor of) Bridges.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,836

Post#114 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:31 pm

cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:

Call me crazy but I’d much rather have DDV and Deuce plus cap space and assets than either Mitchell or Dejuonte. Neither of those guys make us contenders. And yet both those guys risk the All-NBA heroics of Brunson and the chemistry of his merry band of Nova boys.

Wake me up when we’re talking Booker, Durant, Embiid, KAT, or maybe (a bonafide rumor of) Bridges.

See you in many years RIP Van Winkle
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#115 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I think the Knicks want to form a big 3 with Randle, Brunson and Mitchell. I think it could really work especially with randle’s playmaking. We saw a lot of times this year he let others cook and played more of a facilitating role. But his injuries def suck and wouldn’t be surprised if the Knicks decided to move on.

Call me sane but I'd rather fire the CAA mafia, hire basketball people, trade Brunson before Thibs kills him for 3 or more firsts. Waiting years is fine when I don't have a title in my lifetime, but if you are willing to wait then just try to find a top 10 player in the draft. We only have a top 25 player now because Dallas is inept and we paid his dad under the table, that lightning won't strike again.

Randle for whatever, he's only going downhill from here. Cap for next year came in at $141. We're at $144 with Bojan Brokedownavich's partially guaranteed $19 and OG's player option for ~$20.

If those 2 walk and we trade some flotsam we can squeeze a pretty big offer out. But I-Hart is also expiring and at 2 years is early Bird rights I think which is 130%. So we either have to renounce him or his cap hold eats about $13 million.

All this is to say, we aren't winning anything any time soon so just blow up the play-in rosters and try and find the next Jason Tatum, Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Booker or SGA in the draft. We have our picks unlike some other useless mid rosters like the Nets and Hawks so you can feel good about that.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#116 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:44 pm

cgmw wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:

Don’t think you’re crazy at all. I see where you are coming from. I personally feel like DDV and the other role players are going to come back to reality in the playoffs like Bullocks/Noel/IQ did which is why I think we need another star. I would love to be wrong though.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,491

Post#117 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:50 pm

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
cgmw wrote:Call me crazy but I’d much rather have DDV and Deuce plus cap space and assets than either Mitchell or Dejuonte. Neither of those guys make us contenders. And yet both those guys risk the All-NBA heroics of Brunson and the chemistry of his merry band of Nova boys.

Call me sane but I'd rather fire the CAA mafia, hire basketball people, trade Brunson before Thibs kills him for 3 or more firsts. Waiting years is fine when I don't have a title in my lifetime, but if you are willing to wait then just try to find a top 10 player in the draft. We only have a top 25 player now because Dallas is inept and we paid his dad under the table, that lightning won't strike again.

Randle for whatever, he's only going downhill from here. Cap for next year came in at $141. We're at $144 with Bojan Brokedownavich's partially guaranteed $19 and OG's player option for ~$20.

If those 2 walk and we trade some flotsam we can squeeze a pretty big offer out. But I-Hart is also expiring and at 2 years is early Bird rights I think which is 130%. So we either have to renounce him or his cap hold eats about $13 million.

All this is to say, we aren't winning anything any time soon so just blow up the play-in rosters and try and find the next Jason Tatum, Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Booker or SGA in the draft. We have our picks unlike some other useless mid rosters like the Nets and Hawks so you can feel good about that.

:lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,766

Post#118 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:52 pm

Lol trolls in here begging for Tatum and Booker when Brunson is having as good if not a better season than those 2...
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#119 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:18 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Lol trolls in here begging for Tatum and Booker when Brunson is having as good if not a better season than those 2...

We can hang the 1 on 1 championship banner next to the January one. Brunson is awesome, but he's not Tatum or Booker. The fall off to second and 3rd after Brunson compared to the Celtics is laughable.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,319

Post#120 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:26 pm

Guys who may become available in the next 12 months:

Giannis
Spida
Bridges
Booker
KD
Paul George