ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Scott Foster sucks

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,539

Re: PG: Scott Foster sucks 

Post#41 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:37 am

Meat wrote:
aggo wrote:if we're trading bogs

deuce is going with him

u ok w that?

More than ok, accepted as an inevitability. Is he playing alongside ant in minny or garland in Cleveland

If we trade for KAT we deserve to lose.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#42 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:13 am

aggo wrote:if we're trading bogs

deuce is going with him

u ok w that?

:roll:
ImageImageImage
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,037

Post#43 » by GettinitDone » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:14 am

Would we have been better not doing trade with Det?

But... Grimes departure's played a major role in unlocking Deuce...

Amid all the losses, I'm extremely happy with Deuce and I'm still very optimistic as long as OG is healthy. I think they just lost momentum with OG in and out, and Mitch in and out, both working to their top game shape, but I can see the guys are collectively working it out and I think they will figure it out just in time before the 'offs.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,721

Post#44 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:41 am

GettinitDone wrote:Would we have been better not doing trade with Det?

Amid all the losses, I'm extremely happy with Deuce and I'm still very optimistic as long as OG is healthy. I think they just lost momentum with OG in and out, and Mitch in and out, both working to their top game shape, but I can see the guys are collectively working it out and I think they will figure it out just in time before the 'offs.

I think it was mostly about salary. We sent out 25 million and took in 30 (10 for Alex and 20 for Bojan). I think they are going for a trade this summer. Not sure why we just didn’t go about it differently, salary wise. Just extend Evan as Bojan is a defensive liability, not sure how much trade value outside salary he has (at his age.)

I think Deuce would have seen minutes anyway, just a few days later as Grimes has been almost always out since the trade.

And we weren’t going to resign Grimes as he wanted more minutes and we only have so much money anyway. I guess in the end the trade was more about setting ourselves up for a trade so we can’t complain much if it doesn’t work out.

I just think we could have gotten a very nice asset for Grimes vs. two old men and their salaries.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,090

Post#45 » by Guano » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:14 am

Fat Kat wrote:
aggo wrote:mitch just came back

but really,

I hope it's the weight. he looks extremely slow.

He’s out of shape. It’s hard for a big man to maintain conditioning coming off of a foot injury. He needs to run during the off days until the playoffs

swim laps
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#46 » by Reign23 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:44 am

the good:
- OG back. just put him in bubble wrap please
- Deuce. my goodness, one of the best contracts in the league
- Brunson. basically a lock for all nba 2nd team right now.

the bad:
- Mitch. I know he is just back from a veeery long absence, but he looks really bad. overweight af, which is always concerning with his tiny ankles. And how does his FT shooting get even worse?
- Burks. what does he have to do at this point to lose his rotation spot? throw it in the own basket? I've never seen a 9th-10th man that plays less than 10 minutes killing his own team like he does.
formerly known as knickst4pe
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,939

Post#47 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:only positive was OG looked rusty but healthy and made it out of the game ok.

I think Raptors fans have told this board OG takes a game or two to get up to speed after injury return. I've seen that. But in the two game return out west he seemed to hit the ground running. I think next game he'll be full go, and going forward. And with Hart playing again the lineup should be solid heading to playoffs. And Mitch keeps improving hopefully.

One thing is, Divo, Hart, Deuce all may come up with 20+ points in a given game but you never know for sure. We're missing a reliable second scorer to go with Jalen. But for this year it will just have to be scoring by committee by those three guys plus OG and Bogey.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,922

Post#48 » by Adelheid » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:12 pm

Reign23 wrote:the good:

the bad:
- Mitch. I know he is just back from a veeery long absence, but he looks really bad. overweight af, which is always concerning with his tiny ankles. And how does his FT shooting get even worse?
- Burks. what does he have to do at this point to lose his rotation spot? throw it in the own basket? I've never seen a 9th-10th man that plays less than 10 minutes killing his own team like he does.

chanel has some explaining to do regarding burks
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,118

Post#49 » by TKKnicks1 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:12 pm

These losses might be a blessing in disguise. You move up to #2 you got potentially Heat first round. You move up to #3 you got potentially Indiana first round. Right now we got Orlando first round which I think is the better matchup for us in comparison to the other 2. Just gotta secure home court.
~I Believe!~
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,658

Post#50 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:14 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:only positive was OG looked rusty but healthy and made it out of the game ok.

I think Raptors fans have told this board OG takes a game or two to get up to speed after injury return. I've seen that. But in the two game return out west he seemed to hit the ground running. I think next game he'll be full go, and going forward. And with Hart playing again the lineup should be solid heading to playoffs. And Mitch keeps improving hopefully.

One thing is, Divo, Hart, Deuce all may come up with 20+ points in a given game but you never know for sure. We're missing a reliable second scorer to go with Jalen. But for this year it will just have to be scoring by committee by those three guys plus OG and Bogey.

I thought he looked great in the second half last night.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#51 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:14 pm

Adelheid wrote:

the bad:

Do I?

He's been playing great
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#52 » by Reign23 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:17 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

the bad:

Do I?

He's been playing great

he wants us to pick in the late teens! just a step ahead.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#53 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:18 pm

Reign23 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

Do I?

He's been playing great

he wants us to pick in the late teens! just a step ahead.

Always
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#54 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:26 pm

Evan hasn’t scored in 2 games and Grimes is done for the season. How exactly could they have helped?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,831

Post#55 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:33 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Evan hasn’t scored in 2 games and Grimes is done for the season. How exactly could they have helped?

By staying on the Knicks and not playing, their value of zero would be better than the negative impact of B&B
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,831

Post#56 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:35 pm

Who is this dynamic wing scorer some team is going to gift the Knicks, since it's pretty apparent Donovan Mitchell is going anywhere but the Knicks?
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,793

Post#57 » by Buttah304 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Who is this dynamic wing scorer some team is going to gift the Knicks, since it's pretty apparent Donovan Mitchell is going anywhere but the Knicks?

Aside from that - I just hate the fact that it feels like other teams go into the playoffs either healthy or well rested. Brunson is probably already burnt out, J Hart had knee issues months ago and has been playing 40min on the reg. Mitch isn’t in game shape. OG needs time to ramp up. iHart has been falling awkwardly every other game. DDV never played this much in his life. Precious had the worst timing of coming back to earth. McBride looks like the only one whose legs are fresh.

We have 5 more games to go and it feels like we are going to be limping into the post season.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,942

Post#58 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:07 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:These losses might be a blessing in disguise. You move up to #2 you got potentially Heat first round. You move up to #3 you got potentially Indiana first round. Right now we got Orlando first round which I think is the better matchup for us in comparison to the other 2. Just gotta secure home court.

the other blessing is starting a series in orlando might actually be securing home court
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,942

Post#59 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:08 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Who is this dynamic wing scorer some team is going to gift the Knicks, since it's pretty apparent Donovan Mitchell is going anywhere but the Knicks?

Aside from that - I just hate the fact that it feels like other teams go into the playoffs either healthy or well rested. Brunson is probably already burnt out, J Hart had knee issues months ago and has been playing 40min on the reg. Mitch isn’t in game shape. OG needs time to ramp up. iHart has been falling awkwardly every other game. DDV never played this much in his life. Precious had the worst timing of coming back to earth. McBride looks like the only one whose legs are fresh.

We have 5 more games to go and it feels like we are going to be limping into the post season.

i’m not too worried about brunson being burnt out especially since we gonna get a week off before the playoffs (providing we don’t have to do the play in). he’s still putting up monster numbers
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,793

Post#60 » by cgmw » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:32 pm

Guano wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
aggo wrote:mitch just came back

but really,

I hope it's the weight. he looks extremely slow.

He’s out of shape. It’s hard for a big man to maintain conditioning coming off of a foot injury. He needs to run during the off days until the playoffs

swim laps

Eat salad.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."

Return to New York Knicks