ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Scott Foster sucks

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,760

Re: PG: Scott Foster sucks 

Post#61 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:42 pm

The positive is Scott Foster gave Josh Hart some much needed rest.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#62 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:42 pm

We just dropped a bunch of winnable games. Very disheartening. January seems like such a long time ago. What if? That's how this season will be remembered if we don't pull a Cinderella run in the playoffs. It's been entertaining but, torturous seems like a reasonable adjective too. :o
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#63 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:45 pm

Gravy wrote:The positive is Scott Foster gave Josh Hart some much needed rest.

Josh knew the only way he was gonna get rest is to kick a dude in the back of the head! :lol:
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,719

Post#64 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:49 pm

5% was way too high.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,719

Post#65 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:50 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:We just dropped a bunch of winnable games. Very disheartening. January seems like such a long time ago. What if? That's how this season will be remembered if we don't pull a Cinderella run in the playoffs. It's been entertaining but, torturous seems like a reasonable adjective too. :o

We'll always have that January to remember. Just like 70 year olds have 2 titles to remember.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#66 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:00 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:We just dropped a bunch of winnable games. Very disheartening. January seems like such a long time ago. What if? That's how this season will be remembered if we don't pull a Cinderella run in the playoffs. It's been entertaining but, torturous seems like a reasonable adjective too. :o

We'll always have that January to remember. Just like 70 year olds have 2 titles to remember.

Ba humbug!!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,810

Post#67 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:06 pm

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#68 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:17 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#69 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:17 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:Would we have been better not doing trade with Det?

But... Grimes departure's played a major role in unlocking Deuce...

Amid all the losses, I'm extremely happy with Deuce and I'm still very optimistic as long as OG is healthy. I think they just lost momentum with OG in and out, and Mitch in and out, both working to their top game shape, but I can see the guys are collectively working it out and I think they will figure it out just in time before the 'offs.

Evan hasnā€™t scored in 2 games and Grimes is done for the season. How exactly could they have helped?

By keeping Bogie and Burks off the floor
ImageImageImage
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,988

Post#70 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:33 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:Would we have been better not doing trade with Det?

But... Grimes departure's played a major role in unlocking Deuce...

Amid all the losses, I'm extremely happy with Deuce and I'm still very optimistic as long as OG is healthy. I think they just lost momentum with OG in and out, and Mitch in and out, both working to their top game shape, but I can see the guys are collectively working it out and I think they will figure it out just in time before the 'offs.

Evan hasnā€™t scored in 2 games and Grimes is done for the season. How exactly could they have helped?

I would rather have an injured Grimes, Evil Donte off the bench, Fournier for emergency, Ryan for locker room chemistry and the two 2nd picks we gave up than the two 40 year old useless scrubs Detroit sent us.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#71 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.Ā®
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,760

Post#72 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:52 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.

Hart heard the Draymond comparisons with his play. But you never go FULL Draymond
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,317

Post#73 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:55 pm

I think Thibs plays iHart, OG, Hart, DDV and Brunson near 40 mins per and then McBride and Mitch off the bench.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#74 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.Ā®
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#75 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:08 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

I would rather have an injured Grimes, Evil Donte off the bench, Fournier for emergency, Ryan for locker room chemistry and the two 2nd picks we gave up than the two 40 year old useless scrubs Detroit sent us.

Agreed

It was not a well considered trade

The only logic left (since they are not balling) is they can be used in a future deal. But that alone does not justify the move

Also, I liked what I saw from Flynn as a Knick. He clearly had talent and could give Brunson a breather
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#76 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:12 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Agreed

We didn't get anything we needed at the time. I guess the market sucked as far as the FO was concerned but, this trade made little sense at the time. It looks worse as time goes on.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#77 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:19 pm

Guano wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
aggo wrote:mitch just came back

but really,

I hope it's the weight. he looks extremely slow.

Heā€™s out of shape. Itā€™s hard for a big man to maintain conditioning coming off of a foot injury. He needs to run during the off days until the playoffs

swim laps

This was my thinking, too.

He posts lots of pics of him in water on IG from what I understand so he must really like to swim, get in one of those continuous pools and keep some stamina up so it isn't as hard to regain game shape.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,291

Post#78 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:24 pm

Stop blaming the refs in every postgame title.

The Hart call was dubious, but the team came out with no energy and couldnā€™t make any shots again. Also got owned on the boards.

The lack of a true 2nd option/Julius is killing them. RJ, IQ, and Obi are gone who could have helped more with scoring, OG has been hurt, and Bojan/Alec are washed. These other guys simply arenā€™t good or consistent enough to help Jalen. Theyā€™re also probably tired from being overplayed.

Weā€™re all obviously just waiting for the playoffs at this point. Outside of January, the team has basically been .500. The season has had some fun moments, but been frustrating. A few more weeks and then weā€™ll see if they can click at the right time to win a round.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,791

Post#79 » by Context » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:26 pm

Brunson's has more meaning because of his size:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,988

Post#80 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:31 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:I would rather have an injured Grimes, Evil Donte off the bench, Fournier for emergency, Ryan for locker room chemistry and the two 2nd picks we gave up than the two 40 year old useless scrubs Detroit sent us.

Agreed

We didn't get anything we needed at the time. I guess the market sucked as far as the FO was concerned but, this trade made little sense at the time. It looks worse as time goes on.

True.

If we couldn't get a legit player like Murray, it was better to stand pat.

This looks like a Thibs-influenced trade to sweep out the youth and bring in Burks to run PG off the bench, although he didn't realize Burks is completely cooked.

Return to New York Knicks