ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Scott Foster sucks

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,639

Re: PG: Scott Foster sucks 

Post#81 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:33 pm

Guano wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
aggo wrote:mitch just came back

but really,

I hope it's the weight. he looks extremely slow.

He’s out of shape. It’s hard for a big man to maintain conditioning coming off of a foot injury. He needs to run during the off days until the playoffs

swim laps

eat more oreos
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,791

Post#82 » by Context » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:37 pm

This is definitely relevant:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,291

Post#83 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:38 pm

Also OG looks noticeably less jacked after probably not lifting weights for 2 months.

His shoulders and arms used to pop off the screen, but he’s lost some size and definition in them.

That’s something fans dont think about enough when it comes to injuries. Like sure OG probably kept his cardio up because his legs weren’t affected, but I doubt he’s been doing presses, arm, or upper body work in general.

Julius will also need to build himself up again too. Not just health wise, but strength wise. It takes months to get back to where you were even after your injury has healed.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#84 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:01 pm

My # 1 Takeaway From This Season:

Fat Kat hates Soy Boys
ImageImageImage
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#85 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:My # 1 Takeaway From This Season:

Fat Kat hates Soy Boys

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,793

Post#86 » by Buttah304 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:45 pm

My whole thing with a guy like Murray is I don’t even know how he would been incorporated into the offense without completely overhauling what we do.

In March he averaged 99.1 possessions per game (#2 NBA) and his time per possession was 9.2 seconds (#1 NBA).

Feels like his best role is a high USG high touch player that doesn’t really win. If you make his role smaller you probably lessen his impact but it’s weird because his impact all together isn’t much to write home about
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,200

Post#87 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:18 pm

Buttah304 wrote:My whole thing with a guy like Murray is I don’t even know how he would been incorporated into the offense without completely overhauling what we do.

In March he averaged 99.1 possessions per game (#2 NBA) and his time per possession was 9.2 seconds (#1 NBA).

Feels like his best role is a high USG high touch player that doesn’t really win. If you make his role smaller you probably lessen his impact but it’s weird because his impact all together isn’t much to write home about

Yep. That’s why he doesn’t work well with Trey Young.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,792

Post#88 » by cgmw » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:My whole thing with a guy like Murray is I don’t even know how he would been incorporated into the offense without completely overhauling what we do.

Not to mention disgruntled Brunson. It would have been a disastrous, Isiah-like move.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,988

Post#89 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:53 pm

cgmw wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Not to mention disgruntled Brunson. It would have been a disastrous, Isiah-like move.

Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bojan & Burks

Knicks could desperately use a reliable scorer/playmaker so Brunson can catch his breath.

Without Randle, teams are just going to key in on Brunson in the playoffs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#90 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:11 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Knicks could desperately use a reliable scorer/playmaker so Brunson can catch his breath.

facts. if brunson has a really bad playoffs (like randle vs the hawks) i won't even hold it against him.

and i am not even the biggest murray fan, but i am pretty sure having him would be 10x better than what we have gotten from bojan and burks.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:13 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Evan hasn’t scored in 2 games and Grimes is done for the season. How exactly could they have helped?

By keeping Bogie and Burks off the floor

I would rather have an injured Grimes, Evil Donte off the bench, Fournier for emergency, Ryan for locker room chemistry and the two 2nd picks we gave up than the two 40 year old useless scrubs Detroit sent us.

also facts.

another thing too, even if you weren't a big grimes fan you could've still used him as an asset in a star trade. now we have no choice but to include deuce in a star trade since we wasted grimes in a useless trade.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,895

Post#92 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
cgmw wrote:Not to mention disgruntled Brunson. It would have been a disastrous, Isiah-like move.

facts. if brunson has a really bad playoffs (like randle vs the hawks) i won't even hold it against him.

and i am not even the biggest murray fan, but i am pretty sure having him would be 10x better than what we have gotten from bojan and burks.

Murray makes no sense here with Dmitch on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be better 3tothehead BEEE BETTERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#93 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:36 pm

Here’s a question:

Who would you rather give up in a star trade:

Donte or Deuce?

It’s a tough one for me. While both of them are good players, neither look like the championship starting SG we need.

Donte has definitely played above expectations, but he’s limited on offense to mainly 3s. He can pass and rebound pretty well, but while he’s pesky on D he doesn’t have the size or length to be the shutdown defender we need next to Jalen. OG cant guard everyone. Donte is a great stopgap, but unless he continues to improve he’s probably better suited off the bench if we’re going to win it all.

Deuce has broken out for sure. His offense has grown. Making more shots off the dribble, and just showing more every game. His defense is solid, but while he has a good wingspan he is still only 6’1” so he has trouble guarding bigger players. Makes our backcourt small. I think he can take over the IQ 6th man role, but ideally we need somebody bigger at the starting 2 spot full time to cover Jalen.

Donte and Deuce are both on great contracts who other teams are sure to want. Donte just turned 27 and is only making 12 mill a season, while Deuce is almost 24 and making a paltry 4 mill a season.

Push comes to shove we will probably include Deuce over Donte to keep the Nova thing together, but it’s close and we’ll see how the playoffs go. Deuce may have a higher ceiling than Donte, but we don’t know for sure.

Either way I think we need to upgrade the SG spot if they cant make another leap. Mikal Bridges would be nice, but not happening. Donovan Mitchell may be the only one available, but I still question his fit at the price he’ll take. Dejounte Murray is a no from me. There isnt much else out there.

Standing pat with both Donte and Deuce until a true no brainer upgrade comes up may be the best option. They’re both on nice long term deals so we dont have to move either, and we can also look to the draft, but time is ticking on our window with Jalen before he needs to get paid and Wemby takes over the league.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#94 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:43 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bojan & Burks

Murray makes no sense here with Dmitch on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be better 3tothehead BEEE BETTERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you kept saying we were getting KD, Zion, Kyrie, Beal!!!!!!!

You’re the Robert Randolph of realgm!!!!!

BE BETTER GR33N SATAN!!!!!
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#95 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:06 pm

Basically, to improve our team I’d have Mitch, Deuce, Julius, Donte, Bojan, and picks on the table.

Some combination of those assets should be able to net us something good.

Jalen is obviously off limits. OG and Isaiah probably are too, especially since they wont be tradeable until mid-season after re-signing. Josh is the Hart of the team so he’s going nowhere. Precious is a RFA, doesn’t have much value anyway, and probably wont be back, but we’ll see.

Instead of trading Deuce or Donte, we can also just trade Julius for another forward/wing/big. OG can play either forward spot in today’s league if we want to play faster and more spread out.

I still think Julius for KAT is on the table, for better or worse.

We’ll worry about all this in the offseason though. Let’s see what these guys can do now.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,809

Post#96 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:08 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Gravy wrote:The positive is Scott Foster gave Josh Hart some much needed rest.

Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.

To me it looked 90% incidental. But apparently intention doesn't come into play anyway.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#97 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:16 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Idk man. It kinda looks like he knew what he was doing. He looks directly at him and spins his foot sideways. I thought he was getting tossed as soon as I saw the play. I was not surprised at all by the outcome.

To me it looked 90% incidental. But apparently intention doesn't come into play anyway.

A flagrant 2 is largely about discerning intent. Hart was landing in a very awkward manner. It is one hell of a stretch to infer malice when you're trying to balance your landing on one leg by extending the other.

The buzz around refs being crooked won't go away. Throwing out of the game the most dominant Knick player from the night before was actually very suspect.
ImageImageImage
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,809

Post#98 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

A flagrant 2 is largely about discerning intent. Hart was landing in a very awkward manner. It is one hell of a stretch to infer malice when you're trying to balance your landing on one leg by extending the other.

The buzz around refs being crooked won't go away. Throwing out of the game the most dominant Knick player from the night before was actually very suspect.

Well if a flagrant 2 requires intent it makes the call even that much more ridiculous. Fans are powerless to do anything outside of not watching these games anymore. Actually that's what I did after that terrible call.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#99 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:04 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
RHODEY wrote:To me it looked 90% incidental. But apparently intention doesn't come into play anyway.

Well if a flagrant 2 requires intent it makes the call even that much more ridiculous. Fans are powerless to do anything outside of not watching these games anymore. Actually that's what I did after that terrible call.

As Stevie Nicks said: I'm getting older too.

I have other things to do with my life beside watch Adam Silver line his pockets.

I am presently doing a mental walk-through using the Kubler-Ross paradigm of how I will handle the decision to stop watching sports after this season. I'm about 75% there for my divorce while giving myself that 25% loophole for this post-season should we get all 1999y.
ImageImageImage
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,720

Post#100 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:56 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:We just dropped a bunch of winnable games. Very disheartening. January seems like such a long time ago. What if? That's how this season will be remembered if we don't pull a Cinderella run in the playoffs. It's been entertaining but, torturous seems like a reasonable adjective too. :o

When we were almost all healthy and dominating, if we had that in the playoffs we had a very very good chance of going all the way,
With everyone healthy I’d almost expect us to win. Just too deep and to good defensively.
This probably would have hinged on Julius playing well.

Return to New York Knicks