ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Ask Bucks for 2nd Seed & Bucks Say We'll Do Our Best to Oblige

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,288

Re: PG: Knicks Ask Bucks for 2nd Seed & Bucks Say We'll Do Our Best to Oblige 

Post#241 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:47 pm

I feel like OG short arming those 3's is probably in his head more than the elbow. He should be able to smooth that out but if he can't hit shots, he's still co-MVP.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,634

Post#242 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:00 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I feel like OG short arming those 3's is probably in his head more than the elbow. He should be able to smooth that out but if he can't hit shots, he's still co-MVP.

He needs to get his rhythm back. Otherwise, let him play through it. His defense is a game changer
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,792

Post#243 » by Buttah304 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:37 pm

Bojan last 8 games:

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

I’m not quite sure we can ask for anything more offensively with respect to time spent on the floor. He’s legitimately going from 35 to 17min. Most likely the best thing for him was removing Burks sharing the court with him.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#244 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:54 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Bojan last 8 games:

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

I’m not quite sure we can ask for anything more offensively with respect to time spent on the floor. He’s legitimately going from 35 to 17min. Most likely the best thing for him was removing Burks sharing the court with him.

Yup... 16-19 mins in the playoffs of focused 3pt shooting and floor-stretching is all we need of him. We only play him when we can hide him on one of the opposing players and he should always play with OG and McBride to cover for his defensive lapses.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,405

Post#245 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:57 pm

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

With Mitch back Bojan's defensive liabilities are less significant. That makes his offensive off the bench very useful.

I still don't think the Knicks have any chance against the Celtics, but even with Jules out - but with everyone else fit - they are probably the clear 2nd best team in the East.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#246 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:04 pm

stuporman wrote:If the Knicks go 4-0 in the final games they can be the 2nd seed, if they go 3-1 the likely spot is the 3rd seed, if they go 2-2 it's probably the 4th seed, if 1-3 makes 5th seed likely and 0-4 they could get knocked all the way down to 6th. The more games they lose, the messier the scenarios get.

The way they don't get 3rd seed with a 3-1 record is if the Bucks-Magic split their two games and win all their other games. If there's a Magic sweep they won't get the 3rd seed with 3-1 if the Bucks win their other two games, the Knicks would need 4-0 to get ahead of the Bucks in that scenario.

If the Bucks sweep the Magic the Knicks get the 3rd seed with 3-1 and drop to 4th if they go 2-2 and the Magic win their other two games. A 2-2 record opens up the possibility of being passed by the Cavs for 4th, but it's slim because they would have to win out to pass.

Going 1-3 or 0-4 really does make securing HCA at risk because of the Cavs soft remaining 3 games, with that if they go 2-1 they pass the Knicks. The Knicks final schedule has set them up to get HCA, it's in their own control and the other team's schedules are tricky.

The one thing I'm watching closely for the playoff path is if the Knicks to get to 2nd and have to face either the Heat/Sixers in the first round or drop to 4th and face the Celtics in the second round. It seems like threading the needle for the 3rd seed would be their best path.

That's just my take on it, looking at the team's schedules they are competing with for those seeds. That the Bucks and Magic play each other twice in their final games actually opens up the possibility of the Knicks leapfrogging those two, coupled with the difficulty of their other games, too.

+1'd this because I'm too lazy to crow for day, let alone calculate the Knicks seeding.

Pretty confident that the Knicks should make the ECF, assuming they don't bump into Boston in the 2nd round (further injuries not happening). And lose there (to the Celtics). But wouldn't be extremely disappointed if variance strikes them somehow before that.

I really think they are drawing dead against the Celtics however - even if Jules had been fit/available/playing well.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#247 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:16 pm

Bogart is starting to find his role and the Knicks have been able to cover for his defense well enough to make his points off the bench useful. Although, the only way he makes the trade for him 'worth it' is if he does it in the playoffs, make shots that help the Knicks win playoff games, a series or make the ECF.

He doesn't have to 'lead' the way or be a 'star' just be an efficient bench scorer while not being terrible on defense or turning it over too much. The Knicks don't need him to do more than he is capable of, just come off the bench and knock down some shots in the playoffs when it matters.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,291

Post#248 » by TrueWarrior » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:20 pm

The 8 man rotation with no Alec, and only situational minutes for Precious, is shaping up.

Jalen
Donte
Josh
OG
Isaiah

Deuce
Bojan
Mitch

That is a solid top 8.

The main issue I see is there still isnt a legit 2nd option after Jalen. Donte, OG, Bojan, and Deuce are our next best scorers and they rely too much on jumpers/3s. When they’re falling they look good. When they’re off they don’t have many other ways to score. That’s where Julius was important.

Isaiah and Josh need to stay aggressive looking to put up points inside to balance things out. They’ve been better at flashing to the middle and making teams pay for doubling Jalen.

With OG and Mitch back, our defense and rebounding should keep us in any game. It’s just a matter of other guys making shots around Jalen.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#249 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:33 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:The 8 man rotation with no Alec, and only situational minutes for Precious, is shaping up.

Jalen
Donte
Josh
OG
Isaiah

Deuce
Bojan
Mitch

That is a solid top 8.

The main issue I see is there still isnt a legit 2nd option after Jalen. Donte, OG, Bojan, and Deuce are our next best scorers and they rely too much on jumpers/3s. When they’re falling they look good. When they’re off they don’t have many other ways to score. That’s where Julius was important.

Isaiah and Josh need to stay aggressive looking to put up points inside to balance things out. They’ve been better at flashing to the middle and making teams pay for doubling Jalen.

With OG and Mitch back, our defense and rebounding should keep us in any game. It’s just a matter of other guys making shots around Jalen.

100%.

We need OG and Mitch to get back into form... OG with his 3pt shot (back to 40%+ from the corners) and Mitch back to his old rebounding self. Those two "fixes" will generate lots of additional offense, which we desperately need. We'll be like the Iverson and Mutombo 76'ers in many ways, though more potential offensively.

iHart and Hart absolutely have to stay aggressive as the "roll men" and attacking the basket with gusto to keep defenses honest. Just watch tape of Curry -> Draymond over and over.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#250 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,655

Post#251 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:29 pm

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

Somebody on the GB put it like this. If Bogs can help us win a couple of key _quarters_ that might make all the difference. We can ride a hot Bogs or sit him when he's off. He's coming around just in time.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#252 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Josh is a special guy man :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#253 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:32 pm

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

I BELIEVE IN BOYAN

kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 519

Post#254 » by kNicksGmen » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:06 pm

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

passes the eye test too - he's getting buckets off the bounce too not just catch and shoot.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,163

Post#255 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:55 pm

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

I’m still hoping he returns to form. Seems to be letting it fly. Could really use him. Especially to open floor for Brunson.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#256 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:50 am

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:A lot of teams are close in the standings and there are so many variables that it’s tough to say. Knicks just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they may. Randle aside, we are in decent shape and everyone else appears to be getting healthy and rounding back into form. Of course I don’t expect us to win it all but would be nice to win a series or 2 and get some more playoff experience….def can’t take these moments for granted

certainly the team can't play for seeding right now...just personal preference at the moment.

Obviously you want to lock in the non-play in seed tomorrow. Then if it comes down to the last game as we are locked into at least 3 we can talk about the pro and cons about potentially just resting brunson and other key rotational players.

Bostons reward for being the best team all season is Miami or Philly in the first round, there are no easy outs or matchups to hunt. Just gotta play the team in front of you. Bucks lost to the 8 seed last year. It all goes out the window in the playoffs and the league seems to have a lot more parity now

Would love to see Miami beat the stuffing out of Boston and soften them up even if they don't win the series
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#257 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:58 am

KnicksGod wrote:I feel like OG short arming those 3's is probably in his head more than the elbow. He should be able to smooth that out but if he can't hit shots, he's still co-MVP.

DM him, offer a late night elbow rub
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#258 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:04 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

With Mitch back Bojan's defensive liabilities are less significant. That makes his offensive off the bench very useful.

I still don't think the Knicks have any chance against the Celtics, but even with Jules out - but with everyone else fit - they are probably the clear 2nd best team in the East.

This is still a hard team to predict, but one thing I wouldn't do yet is count them out vs. Boston if our defense is dominant when we face them. We've seen how much this team becomes a multi-faceted offense when our defense is clicking and generating higher paced opportunities. Then our need to have a clear-cut # 2 option like Randle fades away as we enough shooters to find the hot hand. Considering our record with OG on the court, no one is safe against us if he's healthy and Mitch gets a head of steam going.

We didn't just face punch the Bucks last night by focusing on outscoring them. We came back after getting a taste of their superior size in the first half and we rag dolled them and submitted them. Our defense last night opened the floor to more scoring opportunities and we got shots by Deuce, Donte and Bogie and our leader Brunson. Plus, iHart had 18. Because we hustled and created opportunities, not because we were executing a fearsome offensive machine.

Our calling card is our will. And we can make any team in the East submit to our will if we stay healthy the rest of the way, including the Celtics.
ImageImageImage
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#259 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

11.5 PPG
53% FG
39% 3PT

16min Per Game

This is still a hard team to predict, but one thing I wouldn't do yet is count them out vs. Boston if our defense is dominant when we face them. We've seen how much this team becomes a multi-faceted offense when our defense is clicking and generating higher paced opportunities. Then our need to have a clear-cut # 2 option like Randle fades away as we enough shooters to find the hot hand. Considering our record with OG on the court, no one is safe against us if he's healthy and Mitch gets a head of steam going.

We didn't just face punch the Bucks last night by focusing on outscoring them. We came back after getting a taste of their superior size in the first half and we rag dolled them and submitted them. Our defense last night opened the floor to more scoring opportunities and we got shots by Deuce, Donte and Bogie and our leader Brunson. Plus, iHart had 18. Because we hustled and created opportunities, not because we were executing a fearsome offensive machine.

Our calling card is our will. And we can make any team in the East submit to our will if we stay healthy the rest of the way, including the Celtics.

This is a pretty good argument. However ...

The Celtics calling card is their talent. KP and DWhite as the go-to option as #3-#4 with the Jays as #1-#2 is just too much imo. Horford, Jrue as the remainder of the starters. And the bench isn't bad.

The lack of coaching in game is a wash. kkkk
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#260 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:25 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:With Mitch back Bojan's defensive liabilities are less significant. That makes his offensive off the bench very useful.

This is a pretty good argument. However ...

The Celtics calling card is their talent. KP and DWhite as the go-to option as #3-#4 with the Jays as #1-#2 is just too much imo. Horford, Jrue as the remainder of the starters. And the bench isn't bad.

The lack of coaching in game is a wash. kkkk

I'm not going to deny I have the Celtics as the favorites to win the title this year. So, yes, they SHOULD beat us, but all I'm saying is that we may actually be the toughest team they'd have to face if we're healthy and OG and Mitch are in 4th or 5th gear.

What we've done with OG in the rotation is pretty damn astounding. What is our record with him, 17-3? or something like that. I mean he's like Super Glue Man. And sometimes chemistry beats Goliath.

The reality is we could have a great series against them and lose to the superior team, but when it comes to the intangibles beyond talent comparisons I believe we're the team they won't want to face.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks