ImageImageImageImageImage

O.T. Stephen A. Smith (and ESPN) fallout

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,431

Re: O.T. Stephen A. Smith (and ESPN) fallout 

Post#21 » by stuporman » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 pm

Someone needs to give this chud some ivermectin for his brain worms because the woke derangement syndrome is thick.

Although, before you do that since he is such a fan of owning up to his mistakes then he should be notified that Randle has played in the playoffs both times the Knicks have been in during his time with them, His claim that Randle is 'never available' for the playoffs is flat out wrong, not played well in them, sure, IF he had said that but he didn't.

Also, no, a media personality isn't a representative of one media outlet no matter where they go to voice their opinion. What he says on his own podcast is his own opinion away from ESPN, he's explicitly said that's why he has his own podcast because he can't voice it all on ESPN. Just because he can't separate this in his sides cucked mind doesn't mean it's true.

I'll never watch another thing from that clown again, I just wanted to see his criticism of SAS and if it had merit. He stated the obvious about this SAS situation, wow, congrats.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,502

Post#22 » by DOT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:47 pm

stuporman wrote:I'll never watch another thing from that clown again, I just wanted to see his criticism of SAS and if it had merit. He stated the obvious about this SAS situation, wow, congrats.

Guess what, since you watched it, it's in your algorithm now

YouTube thinks that's what you want to see, so it's gonna keep recommending it for you

That's how the alt-right pipeline works, that's why you gotta be careful what you watch.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
stuporman
RealGM

Post#23 » by stuporman » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:55 pm

DOT wrote:
stuporman wrote:I'll never watch another thing from that clown again, I just wanted to see his criticism of SAS and if it had merit. He stated the obvious about this SAS situation, wow, congrats.

YouTube thinks that's what you want to see, so it's gonna keep recommending it for you

That's how the alt-right pipeline works, that's why you gotta be careful what you watch.

I don't have an account I'm logged into and my tracking/cookies get cleared all the time because I browse anonymously. So, youtube thinks I'm new every time I show up and my feed is filled inane BS I'll never watch. Though, the feed is still filled with mr beast and creepy alt-right pipeline stuff anyway which tells me how sus the algorithm is even without prompting.
Image?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,590

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:17 pm

DOT wrote:

Yep. Anytime I end up stumbling across some nazi BS I have to cleanse my algorithm with searches for music, sports, or nerdy stuff.

It's also pretty insidious. There were times where gaming walk-through vids ended up recommending some real horsesh*t to me after it was done. Imagine being a kid and that happens?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,590

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 pm

stuporman wrote:
DOT wrote:

I don't have an account I'm logged into and my tracking/cookies get cleared all the time because I browse anonymously. So, youtube thinks I'm new every time I show up and my feed is filled inane BS I'll never watch. Though, the feed is still filled with mr beast and creepy alt-right pipeline stuff anyway which tells me how sus the algorithm is even without prompting.

My gut feeling is that it is deliberate. YouTube/Google wants that stuff to be seen because it drives engagement and ad revenue.

Tech bros are also sympathetic to that garbage.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
stuporman
RealGM

Post#26 » by stuporman » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
stuporman wrote:
DOT wrote:Guess what, since you watched it, it's in your algorithm now

My gut feeling is that it is deliberate. YouTube/Google wants that stuff to be seen because it drives engagement and ad revenue.

Tech bros are also sympathetic to that garbage.

Money and profit is 99% of the world's ideology and it takes someone making a considerable effort to not have an ideology that revolves around personal profit as the highest ideal which most don't do if they even recognize that it is this way.
Image?
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,244

Post#27 » by seren » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:38 am

I am totally fine with him since I can easily ignore him. Reggie Miller, on the other hand, is a different story. Dude forces me to watch the game on mute
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,908

Re: O.T. Stephen A. Smith (and ESPN) falllout 

Post#28 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 am

duetta wrote:
Spot31 wrote:Bring back the NBA on NBC

I go back to when Bill Russell did color commentary in games. But was that for CBS or ABC? Trying to remember.

ABC right after he retired. Later CBS
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,908

Post#29 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:56 am

He's right about one thing, ESPN's coverage of the NBA is abysmal especially the studio show.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,779

Re: O.T. Stephen A. Smith (and ESPN) falllout 

Post#30 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:16 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
duetta wrote:
Spot31 wrote:Bring back the NBA on NBC

I go back to when Bill Russell did color commentary in games. But was that for CBS or ABC? Trying to remember.

ABC right after he retired. Later CBS

I remember Steve "Snapper" Jones and Bill Walton banter with a lot of nostalgia....those were fun times.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#31 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:51 am

I have mostly avoided him since he picked up the tight end from Skip's show. I don't like Bayless either, but to be so dramatic about the split is petty and childish. I get that they are in entertainment and gossip/tea sells, but I am not a fan of that nonsense. Talk about the sport, rant if you want, but pundits are not the topic.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,914

Post#32 » by Adelheid » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:17 am

he may be a fan, but its as clear as daylight he hasnt followed the team for quite some time

Return to New York Knicks