ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Surging Into Playoff Form as The Mashpee Dribblers Cry Uncle

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,699

Re: PG: Knicks Surging Into Playoff Form as The Mashpee Dribblers Cry Uncle 

Post#201 » by Context » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:30 pm

stuporman wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

It's interesting how many plays he uses that has Mitch playing great defense and then compare that to the posters on this forum that ignore this and scream about Mitch because he makes a mistake one time.

I can readily admit that Mitch is still missing some things and he's messing up some finishes at the basket he usually makes but these know nothing posters are acting like he's unplayable.

It's funny how this guy actually finds a reason to live from how Thibs coaches defense. Are we sure Thibs never had any kids? Did he donate at a sperm bank during college to make extra cash?

Let me preface this with saying I haven't watched all of the teams -we will be facing in the playoffs-- However,
at a glance- it seems to me that our defense will separate us...Thibs will get his flowers Stu...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,311

Post#202 » by sol537 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:31 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
F N 11 wrote:We got our max guy

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Wait until we trade them Randle for Donic.

Could you imagine if it was a Mavs vs. Knicks final? Luka vs. Brunson?

Oh boy...
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#203 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:31 pm

ESPN First Take crew today all giving the Knicks love! Funny how that happens when Stephen A isn't around. We were playing as the best team in the East before the wheels fell off. We lost Randle but, got Mitch back and added Bogs to the team. People can sleep all they want but, this team can beat anyone in the East. I would not be surprised to make a finals run as hard as it may be for some to believe it is possible. 100% healthy we are the best team in the conference.
:beer: RIP mags
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#204 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:47 pm

O. Anunoby - I. Hartenstein - J. Hart - J. Brunson - D. DiVincenzo

9 games
111 mins
116.1 ORTG
100.0 DRTG
16.1 NRTG

For reference, the "death star lineup" of A. Iguodala - S. Curry - K. Thompson - H. Barnes - D. Green in 14-15 was

37 games
102 mins
104.5 ORTG
88.5 DRTG
15.9 NRTG
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Context
RealGM

Post#205 » by Context » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:48 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:It's so annoying how some, er TNT crew, tried to discredit this win because Boston had nothing to play for. SO **** WHAT! THEY PUT ON THEIR JERSEY'S AND PLAYED! And we curb stomped them and made them tap out! A win is a win. And Brunson is proving to be the best player in the East.

they played and they believed they could win- especially at home. They can fool most but they dont fool us!. They were shocked
-didnt expect to be knocked down in the 3rd round against the Knicks :lol: I personally think that even if they give us the respect "mentally" we will still beat them in a series. I think we can finish them in 6 and wouldnt be surprised if it was 5...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#206 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

He deserves to be in the top 5 voting for sure
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Context
RealGM

Post#207 » by Context » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:49 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Reign23 wrote:I like our chances in the playoffs, but don't evaluate this game at all. celtics weren't playing with any urgency and I don't know if I have ever seen a team miss more open threes in my life. they were horrible.

Read on Twitter

Exactly! :lol: FOH!
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,289

Post#208 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:05 pm

The talking heads can spew the garbage that the Celtics weren’t trying if they want.

Both the Bucks and Celtics played their full healthy lineups at home against the Knicks this week, and lost. That is good for the confidence of our guys going into the playoffs no matter how you slice it.

Our team wasn’t playing any harder than they usually do. They play with the same intensity every game, which is one of Thibs’ best attributes.

Win these next 2 now and end strong.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,165

Post#209 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#210 » by 8516knicks » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:HopelessKnick wrote on November 26th in the Knicks Suns game thread:
Purely in terms of offense, Brunson is the second or at least 3rd best PG in the entire league.

Steph Curry is first and Lillard likely second. Brunson really could be averaging 30+ points on efficient % if he wanted to. IMO he is even a better shooter than Lillard. Steph is the better 3 point shooter but Brunson the better midrange shooter....Brunson is the best midrange shooter among PGs in the entire league. He is the main reason this team will likely win again 45-50 games. Without him they don't even make the playoffs.....maybe 35 wins or so..

Ah and let me add: He is the sole reason Leon Rose still has a job in NY.

Don't say I didn't tell you so. Even back then when Brunson was acquired I was saying to people that he WILL extend his range and become a great 3 point shot because his mechanics are elite.

Anyone remember when Kenny said the Knicks don't have the best player on the court for most nights? I think he should look deeply in the mirror and reconsider his expertise. Just sad at this point that Julius can't be part of this.....I said it multiple times since the OG trade....a healthy Knick team would have had a great shot at the title....forget the ECF, they would have competed for the title. I actually think they may have been slight favorites overall....no other team has the combination of a deadly scorer at PG, a great super physical PF, the best Center rotation in the league and the best wing defender in the league. The size, physicality, strength as well as shot making of the Knicks is unmatched here. Now that we have OG to slow down people at the wings, the defense has become truly stiffling. OG was the missing ingredient. With McBride's, DD's as well as Brunson's 3 point ability we have enough longrange shooting. You add the best wing defender in the league that happens to shoot close to 40% from 3 and you have the best team in the league. The best part of it is this team is going to be together for many years to come. Just gotta keep IHart and Precious around.

Well, Kenny was never the best player on the floor, so a bit of envy sneaking in there. 8-)
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 519

Post#211 » by kNicksGmen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 pm

Adelheid wrote:

when he calls out other coaches for bad defensive schemes - i wonder is it because of personell? for example he always craps on the kings, but they have sabonis at the 5 compared to us having Ihart and Mitch. would coaches play defense more like us if they had the personnel? or do they play drop because they don't have the bigs that can defend up on the screen?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#212 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:55 pm

Gravy wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised after surviving Fizdale as our coach, but I'm still a little shocked at how utterly dumb this guy appears. This is the coach of the Celtics? Sounds like a loser vlogging from their basement hunting for his first like on social media

I'm not shocked at all. He legit provided one of the worst coaching performances last playoffs against Spo and was completely lost. Everyone knew it and saw it. A lot of ppl even thought he would be fired cuz he was so overmatched. It was the worst coaching that I could ever remember and almost tore the team apart internally. If they face Miami and that happens again, the culture will become very toxic and they will implode. It''s start off with fans grumbling. The team will press. Then, frustration will show. Players will start playing uncharacteristically. Someone might even get injured from trying to do things they dont normally do. Mark my words.

Mazz is not a good leader... not strategically... and not charismatically.

They could also end up winning a championship because of overwhelming talent where mediocre coaching would not matter. It's the opposite of the Knicks that only had one month where they were whole. The rest of the season Thibs has to figure out how to win games with basically a play-in roster on paper. And we could still get to 50 wins after all of that.

I think coasting on talent can get them to the Finals, but I don't think its enough for them to actually win the Finals....because their opponent in the West is likely to be nearly as talented.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,339

Post#213 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:03 pm

This is what Brunson does to Celtics fans. I know y'all saw this bitty. She turned all Bilbo Baggins lusting for the ring right in front of the entire nation

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,339

Post#214 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:18 pm

It was hilarious last night when SVG pointed out that Thibs as a basketball player didn't play defense
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,870

Post#215 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

He deserves to be in the top 5 voting for sure

True but it is a very crowded place to be in.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,870

Post#216 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 pm

The Lamma wrote:It was hilarious last night when SVG pointed out that Thibs as a basketball player didn't play defense

I wish his brother was still on the broadcasts.
Context
RealGM

Post#217 » by Context » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:23 pm

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#218 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#219 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:44 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, because they weren't trying to win last night. :roll:
:beer: RIP mags
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#220 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks