ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,987

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#361 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:45 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Context wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
COntext is he would be the primary 2 and back up 1. It makes plenty of sense actually.

Booker will want his own team...this guy just dropped 49pts last night...You really think he's going to be a glorified role player? not to mention, if the sun are going to give up-they
will take the best package and we dont have it...

What are you talking about? he'd be getting 36+ minutes under Thibs. We have Brunson and a bunch of gritty role players. Booker would be 1A to Brunson

At this point, only Jokic would be 1 over Brunson. :nod:
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#362 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:Whoever we get has to be substantially better than Randle. Love him or hate him but he’s a 2x All NBA, 25 10 5 player on a good contract. We’ve already seen how good we looked at full strength. It’s why I think we’re better off adding another high end starter like Bridges.

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

How many teams could legitimately beat this squad in a 7 game series?

I think it should be pretty obvious by now what this team is going to be moving forward, the person that's replacing Randle is OG. The starting forwards are Hart and OG, they just have more defensive versatility, like Maxey was giving OG a lot of trouble so last game they went with Hart on him and he did the best job so far. They'll look to find the scoring that Randle gives them at SG or C, whoever it is will be a two way player that can score / defend. Like right now with those two as the forwards, if you swapped out Donte (and Randle) for a more efficient SG/SF that could also defend we'd be in the conversation to win the title.

Bridges isn't the answer either.

Bridges thinks hes a 1 and would also be TOO expensive...The Nets won't do the Knicks any favors...

We need to find a player thats evolving to pair with Brunson who is elite at scoring and defending...

Bridges only views himself as a 1 on Brooklyn. At Nova he was #4 when our guys were there. (though I do recall Kansas coach Bill Self saying he feared Mikal most).
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#363 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:Whoever we get has to be substantially better than Randle. Love him or hate him but he’s a 2x All NBA, 25 10 5 player on a good contract. We’ve already seen how good we looked at full strength. It’s why I think we’re better off adding another high end starter like Bridges.

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

I think it should be pretty obvious by now what this team is going to be moving forward, the person that's replacing Randle is OG. The starting forwards are Hart and OG, they just have more defensive versatility, like Maxey was giving OG a lot of trouble so last game they went with Hart on him and he did the best job so far. They'll look to find the scoring that Randle gives them at SG or C, whoever it is will be a two way player that can score / defend. Like right now with those two as the forwards, if you swapped out Donte (and Randle) for a more efficient SG/SF that could also defend we'd be in the conversation to win the title.

I don’t even think the team you’re suggesting we build would be any better than the team I suggested lol OG is really 6’6. He can play PF in spurts but not full time. Go ask Raptor fans.

I can’t think of any 2-way SG who can give us what Randle already provides. Booker? He’s going to cost an arm and a leg and I don’t see the huge uptick in wins with him. It feels marginal at best. Embiid at C? Maybe but those knees are done. He has at most 2 good years left in him.

Let’s say we do trade for Booker or Embiid as examples. Let’s see these lineups

Brunson/McBride
Booker/Divencenzo
Hart/
OG
Hartenstein

Or

Brunson
Divencenzo
Hart
OG
Embiid

Vs

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein or Mitch

Team A gets crushed easily lol Team B is nice but will Embiid even be healthy ? Randle has had some freak injuries but he’s been very durable and best ability is availability. I’m not even counting the hit we would take with our bench from those trades.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#364 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:52 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

I don’t even think the team you’re suggesting we build would be any better than the team I suggested lol OG is really 6’6. He can play PF in spurts but not full time. Go ask Raptor fans.

I can’t think of any 2-way SG who can give us what Randle already provides. Booker? He’s going to cost an arm and a leg and I don’t see the huge uptick in wins with him. It feels marginal at best. Embiid at C? Maybe but those knees are done. He has at most 2 good years left in him.

Brunson
Booker
Hart
OG
Hartenstein

Or

Brunson
Divencenzo
Hart
OG
Embiid

Vs

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein or Mitch

Team A gets crushed easily lol Team B is nice but will Embiid even be healthy ? Randle has had some freak injuries but he’s been very durable and best ability is availability.

I wanna keep this team together and add Randle next year and see what we've got before dealing any big trades. Only exception - I'd consider Ihart & Mitch for Jokic.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,022

Post#365 » by Richard4444 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.

Cap wise it’ll actually take both Randle n Boj. Booker makes 50 mil per yr

Not necessarily. Randle makes 30.3 Jeffries, Sims ,McBride, Diakate are 10.4 30.3+10.4=40.5 Those salaries meet the trade matching threshold or very slightly miss it I beleive.

I fear if we use the 125% trade exception, we will be hard-capped at the first apron (180M). https://medium.com/@rbernardoni/nba-cba-hard-caps-5af0fe627f7e

To get Booker, it looks like we need his whole salary as a filler.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,481

Post#366 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:27 am

OG at pf full time would rack up injuries…he already has a vast injury history …
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,481

Post#367 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 am

8516knicks wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson
Booker
Hart
OG
Hartenstein

Or

Brunson
Divencenzo
Hart
OG
Embiid

Vs

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein or Mitch

Team A gets crushed easily lol Team B is nice but will Embiid even be healthy ? Randle has had some freak injuries but he’s been very durable and best ability is availability.

I wanna keep this team together and add Randle next year and see what we've got before dealing any big trades. Only exception - I'd consider Ihart & Mitch for Jokic.
nah they’d have to also throw in Jamal Murray
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#368 » by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 am

It's time to shut the door on Brandon Ingram folks. Some of y'all have this love relationship with him.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,459
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#369 » by BKlutch » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:Bradley Beal has a NTC…Phoenix is effed.

In 2030, he will be known as the "Joachim Noah of Phoenix."

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,375

Post#370 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:01 am

So the report here in Philadelphia is that Presti loves Embiid and will use all of their large amount of cap space to acquire better players to fit with him and Maxey. And that’s how they’re going to retool. I don’t see them trading him the Knicks. If anything, maybe OKC.
Free Palestine
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,845

Post#371 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

Brunson/McBride
Booker/Divencenzo
Hart/
OG
Hartenstein

Or

Brunson
Divencenzo
Hart
OG
Embiid

Vs

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein or Mitch

Team A gets crushed easily lol Team B is nice but will Embiid even be healthy ? Randle has had some freak injuries but he’s been very durable and best ability is availability. I’m not even counting the hit we would take with our bench from those trades.

OG is a hair under 6'8" in shoes, he's almost 2" taller than Draymond who has been playing PF for the last decade. OG was playing PF next to Siakam who was playing C, that was an undersized frontcourt, he's now playing next to 7 footers. I mean you'd have a better point if he wasn't our actual starting PF right now, he's not playing the position in spurts with us, he's been playing it full time since he came back.

We're not getting Bridges, I don't even know why that keeps getting floated on here, it's just not happening. He's not some great offensive player either.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,359

Post#372 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

What names you think fit that criteria at the 2/3 or 5 that we could realistically get?
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#373 » by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:So the report here in Philadelphia is that Presti loves Embiid and will use all of their large amount of cap space to acquire better players to fit with him and Maxey. And that’s how they’re going to retool. I don’t see them trading him the Knicks. If anything, maybe OKC.

That sounds like a good plan for Presti if Embiid demands out. But they are also under the cap and if Paul George doesn't get his max or maybe Lebron declines his Player Option, why not with the Sixers?

Embiid, PG/Lebron, Maxey can make it real interesting in the East.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,375

Post#374 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:59 am

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So the report here in Philadelphia is that Presti loves Embiid and will use all of their large amount of cap space to acquire better players to fit with him and Maxey. And that’s how they’re going to retool. I don’t see them trading him the Knicks. If anything, maybe OKC.

That sounds like a good plan for Presti if Embiid demands out. But they are also under the cap and if Paul George doesn't get his max or maybe Lebron declines his Player Option, why not with the Sixers?

Embiid, PG/Lebron, Maxey can make it real interesting in the East.

Yikes! It does.
Free Palestine
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,065

Post#375 » by Bob Ross » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 am

Call me crazy but I don't know if we need another big star. They're doing all this without Julius and I don't know who we could get that's better than him without getting the team a bit. Julius fits the existing criteria
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,681

Post#376 » by Meat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:45 am

8516knicks wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Context wrote:Booker will want his own team...this guy just dropped 49pts last night...You really think he's going to be a glorified role player? not to mention, if the sun are going to give up-they
will take the best package and we dont have it...

What are you talking about? he'd be getting 36+ minutes under Thibs. We have Brunson and a bunch of gritty role players. Booker would be 1A to Brunson

At this point, only Jokic would be 1 over Brunson. :nod:

Ant, sga and maybe Luca too
Meat
Head Coach

Post#377 » by Meat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:53 am

Bob Ross wrote:Call me crazy but I don't know if we need another big star. They're doing all this without Julius and I don't know who we could get that's better than him without getting the team a bit. Julius fits the existing criteria

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, embid’s on one knee, Boston and the west are still out there. Not to mention you want to extend jb’s career, he’s still a small guard that plays a lot of minutes and takes a lot of punishment. That adds up.

Anyway being static is a regression, the rest of the league is going to improve this offseason, the 76’s ers are going to land a 3rd star. Besides what are the Knicks gonna do with a bunch of draft picks?
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,065

Post#378 » by Bob Ross » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm

Meat wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:Call me crazy but I don't know if we need another big star. They're doing all this without Julius and I don't know who we could get that's better than him without getting the team a bit. Julius fits the existing criteria

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, embid’s on one knee, Boston and the west are still out there. Not to mention you want to extend jb’s career, he’s still a small guard that plays a lot of minutes and takes a lot of punishment. That adds up.

Anyway being static is a regression, the rest of the league is going to improve this offseason, the 76’s ers are going to land a 3rd star. Besides what are the Knicks gonna do with a bunch of draft picks?

Yeah those are fair points. Impact players just cost so much. Would hate to turn into the KD/Kyrie/Harden nets
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#379 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Bridges thinks hes a 1 and would also be TOO expensive...The Nets won't do the Knicks any favors...

We need to find a player thats evolving to pair with Brunson who is elite at scoring and defending...

Bridges only views himself as a 1 on Brooklyn. At Nova he was #4 when our guys were there. (though I do recall Kansas coach Bill Self saying he feared Mikal most).

KAT impresses me. Bridges and Towns, let‘s go!

Brunson
(DVo)
Bridges
Anunoby
Towns
(Hartenstein)
Meat
Head Coach

Post#380 » by Meat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:26 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
Meat wrote:

Yeah those are fair points. Impact players just cost so much. Would hate to turn into the KD/Kyrie/Harden nets

Nah, the Knicks are established in their ways, anyone that wants to come here already sees how we play and want to be a part of the team first culture. Knicks culture as prevalent as heat culture these days.

Return to New York Knicks