ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,883

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#521 » by NoLayupRule » Sun May 5, 2024 3:16 pm

According to the trade checker we can match salary with

Bogi
Robinson
Burks
Precious

Obviously we would add some draft capital

If we keep the core plus Duce and add butler that’s bananas
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#522 » by KnixinSix » Sun May 5, 2024 3:18 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Brunson's game is very taxing on his body
. Add that he is getting blitzed everytime he touches the ball and falling to the floor on most drives to the hoop with contact .

You bring in a guy that allows him to play more off ball, force coverage and abuse off of him bc he is an elite scorer too, and finally sometimes bring the ball up the court would be huge

EXACTLY!!!!!! He needs help that can be RELIED ON CONSISTENTLY

Towns is a player that’ll contribute shooting and he’ll rotate the ball. This will create an environment where Brunson doesn’t need to dribble the ball that much, plus KAT can give everybody a breather and go to work in the low post. You should all watch as much of Minnesota as you can going forward. Towns has looked really unselfish and he’s been very consistent, averaging 20 and 9 in the playoffs on 50+ percent shooting from the field and from three. This is who you need, not another (wannabe) hero from a losing team.

Donovan Mitchell makes sense in so many ways:

1.Not a ridiculous contract currently (35M)
2. Is CAA which would likely mean a favorably structured re-signing for his next contract (as we saw with multiple Leon Rose CAA contract structures)
3. Wants to play here badly
4. Though not ideal height for a SG, Has a very strong , rugged frame, long wingspan and would be an ideal back up when Brunson is off the floor
5. Allows Brunson to play more off ball in spots saving additional wear and tear on his body especially with the rough and tumble way he plays
6. Would create better spacing and less beating on Brunson with all the blitzing and doubles on him.

Randle came BACK to CAA. He probably remains with us and is not traded in some crazy superstar package for a 50-60M dollar a year player.

McBride, DDV, Bogey, rights to Rokas, Sims and 3-4FRPs for Spidah , Okoro

Mitchell Robinson (28), Precious (20)
Randle (33) , OG (15)
OG (20), Hart(15), Okoro (13)
Spidah (22), Hart (20), Okoro (6)
Brunson (36), Spidah (12)

-OR-

McBride, Bogdanovic, Sims, Rights to Jokas and 3-4FRPs for Mitchell.

Randle (33) , OG (15)
OG (20), Hart(20), DDV (8)
Spidah (22), Hart (10), DDV(16)

Minutes distribution is excellent. Your top 5 Randle, Brunson, Spidah, Hart and OG all get 30+ minutes. There is ample defenders at every position 1 to 5. There is rebounding, more of a consistent 3 ball. It's an extremely dynamic and well constructed Tom Thibedoeu team.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,852

Post#523 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 3:23 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
cgf wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:We should seriously consider butler
He’d fit well here

I like the idea of putting the two biggest killers in the east together, but if we lose Ju to bring Jimmy in I think we still need to bring in another higher level creator.

So I’m not sure what formulation would make most sense for both sides. To make the cap math work we’re looking at something like Bogey + JuJu or Bogey + DDV/Hart + Mitch.

So we’re probably looking at a 3 or 4 team trade to entice Miami and we’re probably going to need a follow up trade since either of those structures leaves us with holes to fill:

Brunson | McBride | Milton?
DiVincenzo | Burks?
Butler | Hart
Anunoby | Achiuwa
Robinson | Hartenstein | Sims

Brunson | McBride | Milton?
Butler | Burks?
Anunoby | Hart/DDV
Randle | Achiuwa
Hartenstein | Sims

I totally get the concerns, although last time jimmy was a target the same complaints were put forth and all he did was excel

I don’t think we give up randle in a butler trade
As hard as that might be to make things work financially
If it’s possible I think you do it that way

Miami doesn’t need him especially if they are moving on from butler.

Jimmy gets hurt but he also plays hard as nails and leads and defends

Brunson
Devo
OG
Butler
Hartenstien

Sickness
Or slot hart in and move og to the 2?

It’ll cost Mitch + one of the nova bros without JuJu. I think I’d be game assuming it didn’t take every single pick we could trade, but we’d need a follow up or two for the bench.

Otherwise we’d only have McBride, DDV/Hart, and Achiuwa/Sims behind Brunson - Butler - Anunoby - Randle - Hartenstein.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,171

Post#524 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun May 5, 2024 3:28 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
EXACTLY!!!!!! He needs help that can be RELIED ON CONSISTENTLY

Towns is a player that’ll contribute shooting and he’ll rotate the ball. This will create an environment where Brunson doesn’t need to dribble the ball that much, plus KAT can give everybody a breather and go to work in the low post. You should all watch as much of Minnesota as you can going forward. Towns has looked really unselfish and he’s been very consistent, averaging 20 and 9 in the playoffs on 50+ percent shooting from the field and from three. This is who you need, not another (wannabe) hero from a losing team.

Mitchell makes sense in so many ways.

2. Is CAA which would likely mean a favorably structured resigning for his next contract
4. Though not ideal height for a SG, Has a very , strong , rugged frame, long wingspan and would be an ideal back up when Brunson is off the floor
5. Allows Brunson to play more off ball in spots saving additional wear and tear on his body especially with the rough and tumble way he plays
6. Would create better spacing and less beating on Brunson with all the blitzing and doubles on him.

Randle came BACK to CAA. He probably remains with us and is not traded in some crazy superstar package for a 50-60M dollar a year player.

Randle (33) , OG (15)

-OR-

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Minutes distribution is excellent. Your top 5 Randle, Brunson, Spidah, Hart and OG all get 30+ minutes. There is ample defenders at every position 1 to 5. There is rebounding, more of a consistent 3 ball. It's an extremely dynamic and well constructed Tom Thibedoeu team.

Move off Mitch and keep Ihart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can’t lose ihart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#525 » by KnixinSix » Sun May 5, 2024 3:33 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Towns is a player that’ll contribute shooting and he’ll rotate the ball. This will create an environment where Brunson doesn’t need to dribble the ball that much, plus KAT can give everybody a breather and go to work in the low post. You should all watch as much of Minnesota as you can going forward. Towns has looked really unselfish and he’s been very consistent, averaging 20 and 9 in the playoffs on 50+ percent shooting from the field and from three. This is who you need, not another (wannabe) hero from a losing team.

Mitchell makes sense in so many ways.

2. Is CAA which would likely mean a favorably structured resigning for his next contract
4. Though not ideal height for a SG, Has a very , strong , rugged frame, long wingspan and would be an ideal back up when Brunson is off the floor

Randle (33) , OG (15)

-OR-

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Move off Mitch and keep Ihart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can’t lose ihart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if its Do-able it depends on how much I-Hart wants. But I agree the more preferable scenario would be

Hartenstein (28), Precious (20)
Randle (33) , OG (15)

I-Hart has an almost automatic push shot floater within 7 ft , can hit free throws and is just about as good as Mitch on D
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#526 » by Jeffrey » Sun May 5, 2024 4:14 pm

Everyone likes to talk about stars but who are some candidates for the vet minimum you like to see.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#527 » by TrueWarrior » Sun May 5, 2024 4:59 pm

Im lukewarm on getting Donovan fit-wise, but the one thing that isnt talked about enough is even if him and Jalen dont work together, we will be able to trade Donovan later.

He would be a top shelf trade asset for a true superstar if one becomes available, or we could just recoup a bunch of other assets, like picks, back for him. Unless he gets injured &/or falls off a cliff his value should remain high for years to come as he will only be 28 by the start of next season.

Im trying to talk myself into DM. If he loses today it definitely opens the door more for him to be traded. I dont see anybody else going on the market.

Towns looks like he will stay in Minny, high salary and all, as they would be crazy to break their team up.

Booker will be kept by Phoenix, and be re-tooled around if anything. They could move Durant, but I dont want him unless it’s for cheap.

Bridges wont be traded here. It’s not like OG.

Giannis would be my main target, but again I cant see Milwaukee ever trading him unless he demands out.

AD isnt being moved by LA. If he was though Id be interested.

Zion is a complete question mark as far as his health and future with NO. He’s nasty when he plays and if we could swap Julius for him I feel like Id have to take the risk, but they arent going to give him up yet.

Lauri is an Ainge client. Not worth discussing.

Caruso would be nice, but the Bulls are greedy and he’d be a little redundant with Deuce and Donte.

Under the radar targets for me are Tari Eason and Deni Avdija. Prob wont be traded and could be too expensive though.

I know this is the trades and transactions thread, but seems our main addition next season will be Julius Randle. Not the worst thing in the world to add a 30 year old All NBA player to our team. Got to re-sign OG and Isaiah, and maybe add a 3/D wing rookie, and that will probably be it unless some star asks out.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,023

Post#528 » by Richard4444 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:27 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Any salary cap experts here?

What type of exception do we have this coming offseason? MLE? bi-annual exception?

I think tax MLE and Bi-Annual. The problem is that we are hard-capped at the Second tier (190M) and need to pay OG, IHart, and Precious (with around 125M already in the books).
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#529 » by Richard4444 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:32 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:According to the trade checker we can match salary with

Bogi
Robinson
Burks
Precious

Burks and Precious are FA now.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,377

Post#530 » by aggo » Sun May 5, 2024 6:29 pm

We better be very careful bc these 4x frps trades have NEVER worked.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Go Study where SGA came from.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#531 » by Jeffrey » Sun May 5, 2024 6:33 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

What type of exception do we have this coming offseason? MLE? bi-annual exception?

I think tax MLE and Bi-Annual. The problem is that we are hard-capped at the Second tier (190M) and need to pay OG, IHart, and Precious (with around 125M already in the books).

I think we will be keeping either iHart and OG and letting Precious go.

There might be a deal where OG kicks in his option and then start his extension in 2025? Josh Hart did this.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,499

Post#532 » by WargamesX » Sun May 5, 2024 6:34 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Im lukewarm on getting Donovan fit-wise, but the one thing that isnt talked about enough is even if him and Jalen dont work together, we will be able to trade Donovan later.

He would be a top shelf trade asset for a true superstar if one becomes available, or we could just recoup a bunch of other assets, like picks, back for him. Unless he gets injured &/or falls off a cliff his value should remain high for years to come as he will only be 28 by the start of next season.

Im trying to talk myself into DM. If he loses today it definitely opens the door more for him to be traded. I dont see anybody else going on the market.

Towns looks like he will stay in Minny, high salary and all, as they would be crazy to break their team up.

Booker will be kept by Phoenix, and be re-tooled around if anything. They could move Durant, but I dont want him unless it’s for cheap.

Giannis would be my main target, but again I cant see Milwaukee ever trading him unless he demands out.

Zion is a complete question mark as far as his health and future with NO. He’s nasty when he plays and if we could swap Julius for him I feel like Id have to take the risk, but they arent going to give him up yet.

Caruso would be nice, but the Bulls are greedy and he’d be a little redundant with Deuce and Donte.

Under the radar targets for me are Tari Eason and Deni Avdija. Prob wont be traded and could be too expensive though.

I know this is the trades and transactions thread, but seems our main addition next season will be Julius Randle. Not the worst thing in the world to add a 30 year old All NBA player to our team. Got to re-sign OG and Isaiah, and maybe add a 3/D wing rookie, and that will probably be it unless some star asks out.

I like both of your under the radar targets, but I doubt there teams trade them for picks and matching salary.

I still think if Bridges tells Brooklyn I want NY and NY sends them more picks than he is worth on the open market, they will do the trade. especially if, on the back end, CAA works out a deal for them to get Mitchell, who should be looking for a big market like Brooklyn. The Cavs are going to want a stupid amount of draft picks to compensate for being robbed by Ainge.

If there money is right BK might be able to convince Ingram to come over too. The Nets Bridges experiment isn't working he's not a 2nd option let alone a first 1
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,797

Post#533 » by Wildcat » Sun May 5, 2024 7:53 pm

Bogi
Robinson
Burks
Precious

Burks and Precious can't be traded.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#534 » by Wildcat » Sun May 5, 2024 8:01 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

Knicks are not 2nd apron team. That might change in July, but as of right now they'd still have access to their MLE.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#535 » by Richard4444 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:09 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

Knicks are not 2nd apron team. That might change in July, but as of right now they'd still have access to their MLE.

I mean if we use the tax MLE or make any trade agregating salaries, it will trigger the hard cap into the Second tier. Thus, I already consider us hard capped into the second tier.

I just discovered if we use the Biannual, we are hard capped into the first apron. So we are not going to use it.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,883

Post#536 » by NoLayupRule » Sun May 5, 2024 8:17 pm

Wildcat wrote:

Bogi
Robinson
Burks
Precious

so sign and trade within a trade of existing contracts?
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#537 » by Wildcat » Sun May 5, 2024 8:26 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Bogi
Robinson
Burks
Precious

so sign and trade within a trade of existing contracts?

Butler is one of those players whose contract is hard to match. If we're not touching the Novo boys, Deuce would have to go with Bog and Mitch. Personally, I'm not a fan of Butler on this team unless I knew he was going to opt out, or we can flip him. His injuries are only going to get worse for him. I'd love to party with him, though. 8-)
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,174

Post#538 » by Knick4Real » Sun May 5, 2024 8:59 pm

Butler said yesterday he does NOT want to play for Thibs again. It's a no-go for him.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,377

Post#539 » by aggo » Sun May 5, 2024 9:00 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Im lukewarm on getting Donovan fit-wise, but the one thing that isnt talked about enough is even if him and Jalen dont work together, we will be able to trade Donovan later.

the greatest mystery to me is why we would want Alex Caruso when we already have miles McBride
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#540 » by KnixinSix » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

Absolutely Giannis should be the top target SHOULD he become available. But other wise between injury proness, age, system fit, contract size etc. They guys I would want most would be Bridges or Donovan Mitchell.

Return to New York Knicks