ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,499

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#541 » by WargamesX » Mon May 6, 2024 12:38 am

Knick4Real wrote:Butler said yesterday he does NOT want to play for Thibs again. It's a no-go for him.

it was really corny how he did that. You're on vacation seeking attention like that.... :roll: Enjoy your rum cocktail Hart is out here working.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#542 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 6, 2024 1:05 am

Richard4444 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
I think tax MLE and Bi-Annual. The problem is that we are hard-capped at the Second tier (190M) and need to pay OG, IHart, and Precious (with around 125M already in the books).

Knicks are not 2nd apron team. That might change in July, but as of right now they'd still have access to their MLE.

I mean if we use the tax MLE or make any trade agregating salaries, it will trigger the hard cap into the Second tier. Thus, I already consider us hard capped into the second tier.

I just discovered if we use the Biannual, we are hard capped into the first apron. So we are not going to use it.

Maybe the Knicks extend Bojan's contract? Instead of eating 20 million, he signs a 3 year 36m with a player option in the last year? That could bring down the cap by 8 million.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#543 » by Besart19 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:56 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:I still want Donovan Mitchell

What would you be willing to offer?

Bogdanovic, Toppin, Burks and 7 picks :)

The additional four picks are for preserving Nova Boys :)

Randle is much much better than Towns... because of the injuries I dont know if I would do it a Randle, Mitch and 2 picks for Davis and LeSatan for the veteran minimum... the MLE split between to ex Knicks and the BAE for a veteran SG

Davis / Hartenstein / Sims
OGA / Achiuwa / McDermott
Hart / CryBaby LBJ / Grimes
Mitchell / Di Vincenzo / Brown
Brunson / McBride / Jakubaitis
Strength and Honour!
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,023

Post#544 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:15 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Knicks are not 2nd apron team. That might change in July, but as of right now they'd still have access to their MLE.

I mean if we use the tax MLE or make any trade agregating salaries, it will trigger the hard cap into the Second tier. Thus, I already consider us hard capped into the second tier.

I just discovered if we use the Biannual, we are hard capped into the first apron. So we are not going to use it.

Maybe the Knicks extend Bojan's contract? Instead of eating 20 million, he signs a 3 year 36m with a player option in the last year? That could bring down the cap by 8 million.

We are keeping Bojan only because he is a 19M filler. It does not make sense to extend him considering our payroll concerns and he Is already 36.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,023

Post#545 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:34 am

TrueWarrior wrote:Im lukewarm on getting Donovan fit-wise, but the one thing that isnt talked about enough is even if him and Jalen dont work together, we will be able to trade Donovan later.

He would be a top shelf trade asset for a true superstar if one becomes available, or we could just recoup a bunch of other assets, like picks, back for him. Unless he gets injured &/or falls off a cliff his value should remain high for years to come as he will only be 28 by the start of next season.

Im trying to talk myself into DM. If he loses today it definitely opens the door more for him to be traded. I dont see anybody else going on the market.

Towns looks like he will stay in Minny, high salary and all, as they would be crazy to break their team up.

Booker will be kept by Phoenix, and be re-tooled around if anything. They could move Durant, but I dont want him unless it’s for cheap.

Bridges wont be traded here. It’s not like OG.

Giannis would be my main target, but again I cant see Milwaukee ever trading him unless he demands out.

AD isnt being moved by LA. If he was though Id be interested.

Zion is a complete question mark as far as his health and future with NO. He’s nasty when he plays and if we could swap Julius for him I feel like Id have to take the risk, but they arent going to give him up yet.

Lauri is an Ainge client. Not worth discussing.

Caruso would be nice, but the Bulls are greedy and he’d be a little redundant with Deuce and Donte.

Under the radar targets for me are Tari Eason and Deni Avdija. Prob wont be traded and could be too expensive though.

I know this is the trades and transactions thread, but seems our main addition next season will be Julius Randle. Not the worst thing in the world to add a 30 year old All NBA player to our team. Got to re-sign OG and Isaiah, and maybe add a 3/D wing rookie, and that will probably be it unless some star asks out.

It does not make sense for the Bucks, the Lakers, the Heat and the Suns to trade their stars, waive the flag, and rebuild. They went all in to get a lot of old stars, they do not have picks to tank properly. And they have some chance to be competitive if their stars are healthy and get better cheap role players to help. Unless the players ask for a trade, which I do not believe.

The CLippers maybe. PG13 must want a long contract and it will be very risky on long term.

It makes sense for the Jazz to trade Lauri. But it will be expensive and he is not a great fit if we keep Randle and OG.

It could make sense for the Nets to trade Mikal because they are pretty bad right now, Mikal is very overrated right now and he would cost a huge haul; he has only 2 years in his contract and he should ask for the max to re-sign. On the other hand, they do not have their picks to rebuild. So they are in a tough spot.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#546 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 6, 2024 2:38 am

Richard4444 wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:Im lukewarm on getting Donovan fit-wise, but the one thing that isnt talked about enough is even if him and Jalen dont work together, we will be able to trade Donovan later.

He would be a top shelf trade asset for a true superstar if one becomes available, or we could just recoup a bunch of other assets, like picks, back for him. Unless he gets injured &/or falls off a cliff his value should remain high for years to come as he will only be 28 by the start of next season.

Im trying to talk myself into DM. If he loses today it definitely opens the door more for him to be traded. I dont see anybody else going on the market.

Towns looks like he will stay in Minny, high salary and all, as they would be crazy to break their team up.

Booker will be kept by Phoenix, and be re-tooled around if anything. They could move Durant, but I dont want him unless it’s for cheap.

Bridges wont be traded here. It’s not like OG.

Giannis would be my main target, but again I cant see Milwaukee ever trading him unless he demands out.

AD isnt being moved by LA. If he was though Id be interested.

Zion is a complete question mark as far as his health and future with NO. He’s nasty when he plays and if we could swap Julius for him I feel like Id have to take the risk, but they arent going to give him up yet.

Lauri is an Ainge client. Not worth discussing.

Caruso would be nice, but the Bulls are greedy and he’d be a little redundant with Deuce and Donte.

Under the radar targets for me are Tari Eason and Deni Avdija. Prob wont be traded and could be too expensive though.

I know this is the trades and transactions thread, but seems our main addition next season will be Julius Randle. Not the worst thing in the world to add a 30 year old All NBA player to our team. Got to re-sign OG and Isaiah, and maybe add a 3/D wing rookie, and that will probably be it unless some star asks out.

It does not make sense for the Bucks, the Lakers, the Heat and the Suns to trade their stars, waive the flag, and rebuild. They went all in to get a lot of old stars, they do not have picks to tank properly. And they have some chance to be competitive if their stars are healthy and get better cheap role players to help. Unless the players ask for a trade, which I do not believe.

The CLippers maybe. PG13 must want a long contract and it will be very risky on long term.

It makes sense for the Jazz to trade Lauri. But it will be expensive and he is not a great fit if we keep Randle and OG.

It could make sense for the Nets to trade Mikal because they are pretty bad right now, Mikal is very overrated right now and he would cost a huge haul; he has only 2 years in his contract and he should ask for the max to re-sign. On the other hand, they do not have their picks to rebuild. So they are in a tough spot.

I don't think the Nets should be trading Mikal just because of you just said. They are in a really difficult spot and if the rumors were true about that Houston trade, they should've done that trade to reset themselves.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,336

Post#547 » by Clyde_Style » Mon May 6, 2024 2:42 am

Just like with Ainge before, the cost of some of these fantasy trade scenarios are costly beyond justification

If we had traded for DM, we would have never have had the resources to land OG, the guy who really changes the complexion of this squad in ways a DM can even begin to dream of.

And we got OG for LESS than was being asked for DM then and probably now. That's due to the FO being patient in NOT giving in to absurd trade demands and waiting UNTIL the right conditions for a trade develop like they did for OG. That was a perfect trade, not some bloated swap of assets for a player who wouldn't impact our team half as much as OG.

Our FO is doing an excellent job of roster building. A player's stats are not additive to the team's production if they don't fit. DM is not a good fit.

I have not seen a single justification posted yet as to WHY DM is a good fit on the roster we have NOW (and that includes Randle next season)
ImageImageImage
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,906

Post#548 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 6, 2024 8:41 am

Who would you all trade for Mitchell anyway? There is nothing they need from us that I’d be willing to offer. Just get Towns and Bridges. That way you get to keep all the high character guys around.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,797

Post#549 » by Wildcat » Mon May 6, 2024 1:37 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Who would you all trade for Mitchell anyway? There is nothing they need from us that I’d be willing to offer. Just get Towns and Bridges. That way you get to keep all the high character guys around.

Not advocating for Spida.

If T-Wolves make it to the WCF, I don't think they're moving KAT as most of their core is signed for a couple of years. The ownership drama aside, if their revenue is well above the overall salary, they're going to keep it together. The year to trade for KAT was last offseason with his salary at 36 per. At 49 per in July, you're looking at Mitch, Bog, and 1 of the Nova boys.

Bridges had a very uninspiring season. For all accounts, I hear he's a really good worker and person, but he kind of took a step back for a number of reasons (I heard his head wasn't right, heart wasn't in it, coaching probably played into it).
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#550 » by KnixinSix » Mon May 6, 2024 2:07 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Who would you all trade for Mitchell anyway? There is nothing they need from us that I’d be willing to offer. Just get Towns and Bridges. That way you get to keep all the high character guys around.

Unless they are insisting on a very high level player and scorer we can outbid almost anyone. And if he makes it clear (which he may already have) he isn't re-signing with anyone but NY, it gives us more leverage since any other team trading for him likely only gets him for 1 single year.

The scenarios:

Randle came BACK to CAA. So he likely (but not definitely) remains with us and is not traded in some crazy superstar package for a 50-60M dollar a year player.

Option#1: McBride, DDV, Bogey, rights to Rokas, Sims and 3-4FRPs for Spidah , Okoro

Mitchell Robinson (28), Precious (20)
Randle (33) , OG (15)
OG (20), Hart(15), Okoro (13)
Spidah (22), Hart (20), Okoro (6)
Brunson (36), Spidah (12)

Option#2: McBride, Bogdanovic, Sims, Rights to Jokas and 3-4FRPs for Mitchell.

Randle (33) , OG (15)
OG (20), Hart(20), DDV (8)
Spidah (22), Hart (10), DDV(16)

Option #3: lastly in the less likely event of us moving on from Randle and/or Cavs insistence on a really strong player back

Randle, Sims, and 1FRP for Mitchell. Randle is a legit 25/10 guy so they wont be getting 3-4FRPs back in addition to him. In this event just spitballing here but then we possibly keep Bogey and use him in another trade and resign IHart

Mitchell Robinson (22), IHart (24), Precious (2)
Precious(8), OG (15), Trade (25)
OG (18), Hart(20), DDV (8), Trade (2)
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#551 » by KnixinSix » Mon May 6, 2024 2:11 pm

Wildcat wrote:

If T-Wolves make it to the WCF, I don't think they're moving KAT as most of their core is signed for a couple of years. The ownership drama aside, if their revenue is well above the overall salary, they're going to keep it together. The year to trade for KAT was last offseason with his salary at 36 per. At 49 per in July, you're looking at Mitch, Bog, and 1 of the Nova boys.

Bridges had a very uninspiring season. For all accounts, I hear he's a really good worker and person, but he kind of took a step back for a number of reasons (I heard his head wasn't right, heart wasn't in it, coaching probably played into it).

If Brooklyn somehow made Bridges available AND was willing to trade with us, obviously he would be an ideal target for us.

An OG/Bridges combination between playing 2,3,4 under Thibs especially would be some of the most elite defense in the entire NBA.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#552 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 6, 2024 4:11 pm

Wildcat wrote:

- Randle and Bogdanovic for KAT (Wolves save 20 million or keep Bojan and don’t miss a beat)
- Mitch, (unfortunately McBride), some firsts for Bridges

- we dramatically improve our size, depth, passing and, most of all, shooting.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#553 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 6, 2024 4:11 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

If Brooklyn somehow made Bridges available AND was willing to trade with us, obviously he would be an ideal target for us.

An OG/Bridges combination between playing 2,3,4 under Thibs especially would be some of the most elite defense in the entire NBA.

This.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#554 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 6, 2024 4:13 pm

KnixinSix wrote:

Unless they are insisting on a very high level player and scorer we can outbid almost anyone. And if he makes it clear (which he may already have) he isn't re-signing with anyone but NY, it gives us more leverage since any other team trading for him likely only gets him for 1 single year.

The scenarios:

Randle came BACK to CAA. So he likely (but not definitely) remains with us and is not traded in some crazy superstar package for a 50-60M dollar a year player.

Option#1: McBride, DDV, Bogey, rights to Rokas, Sims and 3-4FRPs for Spidah , Okoro

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Option #3: lastly in the less likely event of us moving on from Randle and/or Cavs insistence on a really strong player back

Randle, Sims, and 1FRP for Mitchell. Randle is a legit 25/10 guy so they wont be getting 3-4FRPs back in addition to him. In this event just spitballing here but then we possibly keep Bogey and use him in another trade and resign IHart

I hope we’re not trading Hart or DVo.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#555 » by KnixinSix » Mon May 6, 2024 4:39 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

The scenarios:

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Randle (33) , OG (15)

I hope we’re not trading Hart or DVo.

Option#2 is my favorite of all of them: McBride, Bogdanovic, Sims, Rights to Jokas and 3-4FRPs for Mitchell.

Randle (33) , OG (15)

Spidah has that DAWG mentality. He is a rugged, tussle type player in the Thibs mold. Keeping Randle and adding Spidah is absolutely a championship type team. Philly might add Butler , they are almost definitely getting someone this offseason.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#556 » by KnixinSix » Mon May 6, 2024 4:41 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

- Randle and Bogdanovic for KAT (Wolves save 20 million or keep Bojan and don’t miss a beat)

No issues with this as long as we kept I-Hart and Achiuwa.

I-Hart (24), KAT (14), Precious (10)
KAT (20) , OG (15), Hart (13)
OG (20), Bridges (20), Hart(8)
DDV(25), Bridges(15), Hart (8)
Brunson (36), DDV or Rokas (12)

That's a phenomenal Thibs team if we could somehow pull it off.....
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,797

Post#557 » by Wildcat » Mon May 6, 2024 5:31 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Isn't this moot, though, if the idea was to pair Towns with Randle, JB, and OG?

I don't see how our depth is improved if you're losing Mitch, Bog, Randle, and McBridge for 2 starters. Gutting the bench and a 20/10 guy for KAT and Bridges just seems more like a debatable upgrade. Still all moot, though, because I don't see Randle being traded and I think T-Wolves are more likely to keep KAT the deeper they go into the playoffs.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,385

Post#558 » by aggo » Mon May 6, 2024 6:21 pm

the idea is not to pair towns and randle.

its to replace randle with towns.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#559 » by sol537 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:33 pm

Gonna throw this one out there... Zion.

Randle + Mitch + pick(s) for Zion + Murphy

They would be one young PG away from being really good.

I think Zion + OG + Brunson + Nova boys gets you one title if Zion's health holds up during a playoff run.

Risky... sure... but might be worth the risk.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,385

Post#560 » by aggo » Mon May 6, 2024 6:40 pm

nobody wants to admit it but we're probably gonna have to trade one of the nova boys if we're going to go all-in on winning a championship

Return to New York Knicks