ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,432

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#381 » by Ray Williams » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:02 pm

Meat wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
Meat wrote:
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, embid’s on one knee, Boston and the west are still out there. Not to mention you want to extend jb’s career, he’s still a small guard that plays a lot of minutes and takes a lot of punishment. That adds up.

Anyway being static is a regression, the rest of the league is going to improve this offseason, the 76’s ers are going to land a 3rd star. Besides what are the Knicks gonna do with a bunch of draft picks?

Yeah those are fair points. Impact players just cost so much. Would hate to turn into the KD/Kyrie/Harden nets

Nah, the Knicks are established in their ways, anyone that wants to come here already sees how we play and want to be a part of the team first culture. Knicks culture as prevalent as heat culture these days.

Yes. I’ve been hating on Randle for years. But the way he was playing before he got hurt was beautiful! Even he’s bought into it, if that can happen, anyone else should not be a problem.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#382 » by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
Meat wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
Yeah those are fair points. Impact players just cost so much. Would hate to turn into the KD/Kyrie/Harden nets

Nah, the Knicks are established in their ways, anyone that wants to come here already sees how we play and want to be a part of the team first culture. Knicks culture as prevalent as heat culture these days.

Yes. I’ve been hating on Randle for years. But the way he was playing before he got hurt was beautiful! Even he’s bought into it, if that can happen, anyone else should not be a problem.

I love Randle's game before he got injured and I hope mentally he kept it in check. However, I want to remind everyone that usually these core can stay together for a 3 year title window. Our window starts next year, can you say that Brunson and Randle win a title within the next 3 years?

If we can trade Randle + draft capital without breaking up our depth... why not? As long as that incoming star knows that this is Brunson's team and the role players are squarely behind him.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,177

Post#383 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:02 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I think it should be pretty obvious by now what this team is going to be moving forward, the person that's replacing Randle is OG. The starting forwards are Hart and OG, they just have more defensive versatility, like Maxey was giving OG a lot of trouble so last game they went with Hart on him and he did the best job so far. They'll look to find the scoring that Randle gives them at SG or C, whoever it is will be a two way player that can score / defend. Like right now with those two as the forwards, if you swapped out Donte (and Randle) for a more efficient SG/SF that could also defend we'd be in the conversation to win the title.

Bridges isn't the answer either.

I don’t even think the team you’re suggesting we build would be any better than the team I suggested lol OG is really 6’6. He can play PF in spurts but not full time. Go ask Raptor fans.

I can’t think of any 2-way SG who can give us what Randle already provides. Booker? He’s going to cost an arm and a leg and I don’t see the huge uptick in wins with him. It feels marginal at best. Embiid at C? Maybe but those knees are done. He has at most 2 good years left in him.

Let’s say we do trade for Booker or Embiid as examples. Let’s see these lineups

Brunson/McBride
Booker/Divencenzo
Hart/
OG
Hartenstein

Or

Brunson
Divencenzo
Hart
OG
Embiid

Vs

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
Hartenstein or Mitch

Team A gets crushed easily lol Team B is nice but will Embiid even be healthy ? Randle has had some freak injuries but he’s been very durable and best ability is availability. I’m not even counting the hit we would take with our bench from those trades.

OG is a hair under 6'8" in shoes, he's almost 2" taller than Draymond who has been playing PF for the last decade. OG was playing PF next to Siakam who was playing C, that was an undersized frontcourt, he's now playing next to 7 footers. I mean you'd have a better point if he wasn't our actual starting PF right now, he's not playing the position in spurts with us, he's been playing it full time since he came back.

We're not getting Bridges, I don't even know why that keeps getting floated on here, it's just not happening. He's not some great offensive player either.

Lol OG's body won't make it a full season playing full time power forward. It's not sustainable. He's too injury prone. I mean he's looking great playing PF right now, but he's matched up with Tobias Harris LOL. As I mentioned, OG can look good playing PF in spurts but shouldn't be counted on as a long-tern solution given his injury history. You can use Hartenstein as an example. He's never been a starter until Mitch went down. He looked good until his body began to break down by the end of the season. He's not equipped to handle heavy mins as a Center. You can't have your PF/C combo being 2 guys who'll break down after 50 games. Love him or hate him but Randle is Durable AF. Outside of his fluky injuries, he hardly misses games. It's the same reason I like Bridges. He never misses games. Both Randle and Bridges are durable guys that can be counted on to stay on the court. Sometimes the best ability is availability.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,574

Post#384 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So the report here in Philadelphia is that Presti loves Embiid and will use all of their large amount of cap space to acquire better players to fit with him and Maxey. And that’s how they’re going to retool. I don’t see them trading him the Knicks. If anything, maybe OKC.

That sounds like a good plan for Presti if Embiid demands out. But they are also under the cap and if Paul George doesn't get his max or maybe Lebron declines his Player Option, why not with the Sixers?

Embiid, PG/Lebron, Maxey can make it real interesting in the East.

Yikes! It does.

Except Presti is in OKC...not Philly :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#385 » by KnixinSix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:07 pm

Meat wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
What are you talking about? he'd be getting 36+ minutes under Thibs. We have Brunson and a bunch of gritty role players. Booker would be 1A to Brunson

At this point, only Jokic would be 1 over Brunson. :nod:

Ant, sga and maybe Luca too

Yes but the point is Brunson has clearly established himself as an elite superstar in this league at this point.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,385

Post#386 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:13 pm

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
That sounds like a good plan for Presti if Embiid demands out. But they are also under the cap and if Paul George doesn't get his max or maybe Lebron declines his Player Option, why not with the Sixers?

Embiid, PG/Lebron, Maxey can make it real interesting in the East.

Yikes! It does.

I can't keep these guys straight.

Morey? :lol:
Free Palestine
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,482

Post#387 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Yikes! It does.

Nah, Pelinka
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#388 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:23 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Nah, Pelinka

Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM

Post#389 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:11 pm

If the Suns come calling asking for Randle, Deuce, 3UP1sts and maybe another P1st or two for Booker.... do you do it?
Image?
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,294

Post#390 » by Besart19 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 pm

I would trade Booker, Mitchell or Mikal only for Bojan, Rokas, Mitch and 5 picks

Hartenstein / Achiuwa
Randle / FA 2024 (T.Harris if he is OK to take the Mid Level tax payer exception)
Anunoby / Josh Hart
Booker / Di Vincenzo
Brunson / McBride
Strength and Honour!
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#391 » by sol537 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 pm

stuporman wrote:If the Suns come calling asking for Randle, Deuce, 3UP1sts and maybe another P1st or two for Booker.... do you do it?

I'd do Randle, Bogs, and one 1st. Otherwise, stand pat for Giannis.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#392 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 pm

sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:If the Suns come calling asking for Randle, Deuce, 3UP1sts and maybe another P1st or two for Booker.... do you do it?

So you'll wait for a guy who hasn't even asked out yet meaning it would be likely another year plus away so putting him on the wrong side of 30, has an injury history and would cost the farm to get? Ok...someone might want to do that, not sure if I would.

I don't even know if Booker is available yet either or if he'd be worth the draft capital to get him but he's young enough, pretty dependable health wise and under contract for years so that's the type of guy I can see Rose taking a chance on given the cost it would be to get him.

Suns don't have much to retool with and he's their most valuable asset, they'd want multiple picks to move him imo. Again, I'm not even sold he's the right piece to blow the wad on.

I appreciate the feedback, though.
Image?
sol537
RealGM

Post#393 » by sol537 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:14 pm

stuporman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

So you'll wait for a guy who hasn't even asked out yet meaning it would be likely another year plus away so putting him on the wrong side of 30, has an injury history and would cost the farm to get? Ok...someone might want to do that, not sure if I would.

I don't even know if Booker is available yet either or if he'd be worth the draft capital to get him but he's young enough, pretty dependable health wise and under contract for years so that's the type of guy I can see Rose taking a chance on given the cost it would be to get him.

Suns don't have much to retool with and he's their most valuable asset, they'd want multiple picks to move him imo. Again, I'm not even sold he's the right piece to blow the wad on.

We're finally in a position to not have to overpay. There will come a time when a great player will be available at a fair price (win-win trade... not one-sided).

I'm content with standing pat with Randle, re-signing OG / iHart and even Precious if we can. Giving this group another year until the trade deadline to see how well we play in the 1st half of the season. Then I'd try to draft at least 1-2 6'8" or so 3&D guys who we could develop in this winning environment. Next deadline would be another opportunity as would next off-season. I understand that Brunson and Randle's extensions will kick in then as well so we have to be strategic of course.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#394 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:23 pm

sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

We're finally in a position to not have to overpay. There will come a time when a great player will be available at a fair price (win-win trade... not one-sided).

I'm content with standing pat with Randle, re-signing OG / iHart and even Precious if we can. Giving this group another year until the trade deadline to see how well we play in the 1st half of the season. Then I'd try to draft at least 1-2 6'8" or so 3&D guys who we could develop in this winning environment. Next deadline would be another opportunity as would next off-season. I understand that Brunson and Randle's extensions will kick in then as well so we have to be strategic of course.

Multiple unprotected picks and quality rotational players for a prime, healthy, under contract for years all star player isn't an overpay. If it's not your preferred choice of player, ok, that's an opinion, but players with the attributes I mentioned don't get moved at a discount.

Giannis would cost more than Booker but wouldn't have the same attributes I mentioned and I don't know if he'd be worth it for what it would cost. Booker gives a team a bigger window to win than Giannis even if the latter is currently the 'better' player.
Image?
sol537
RealGM

Post#395 » by sol537 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:28 pm

stuporman wrote:
sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Multiple unprotected picks and quality rotational players for a prime, healthy, under contract for years all star player isn't an overpay. If it's not your preferred choice of player, ok, that's an opinion, but players with the attributes I mentioned don't get moved at a discount.

Giannis would cost more than Booker but wouldn't have the same attributes I mentioned and I don't know if he'd be worth it for what it would cost. Booker gives a team a bigger window to win than Giannis even if the latter is currently the 'better' player.

I don't hate Booker's fit if he really wants to be here. Randle + Mitch + 1 pick or Randle + McBride + 1 Pick or Randle + Bogs + multiple picks... either sounds pretty reasonable though I'd prefer not parting with McBride just yet so the first deal is something I'd consider. If it's Booker or Spida for a lesser package... I think I'd go with Spida. He's on a better contract and he's a more versatile player than Booker and I'd rather go to war with Spida than Booker in close games. Just my preference, especially at the lower "cost" to obtain.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#396 » by KnixinSix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 pm

sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Give me DBook or Spidah now. This team thisclose to contending for a championship. Booker or Spidah put them over the top.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#397 » by KnixinSix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:50 pm

sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

I don't hate Booker's fit if he really wants to be here. Randle + Mitch + 1 pick or Randle + McBride + 1 Pick or Randle + Bogs + multiple picks... either sounds pretty reasonable though I'd prefer not parting with McBride just yet so the first deal is something I'd consider. If it's Booker or Spida for a lesser package... I think I'd go with Spida. He's on a better contract and he's a more versatile player than Booker and I'd rather go to war with Spida than Booker in close games. Just my preference, especially at the lower "cost" to obtain.

With Spidah on only a 36M expiring he would also like sign a favorable CAA deal like the other team players before him.

Booker is on a 49M dollar deal that goes up 10% each year.

With Spidah you might be able to pull off another signing. With Booker itd be tougher
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#398 » by Wildcat » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 am

KnixinSix wrote:
sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:

With Spidah on only a 36M expiring he would also like sign a favorable CAA deal like the other team players before him.

With Spidah you might be able to pull off another signing. With Booker itd be tougher

I can promise you without a shadow of the doubt Spida is not signing a favorable deal. He's getting his 5 year, $250 mil contact. There are some scenarios where he could possibly be the highest paid NBA player for a season. He is not leaving that kind of money on the table.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#399 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 1, 2024 5:27 am

Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
sol537 wrote:

I can promise you without a shadow of the doubt Spida is not signing a favorable deal. He's getting his 5 year, $250 mil contact. There are some scenarios where he could possibly be the highest paid NBA player for a season. He is not leaving that kind of money on the table.

I don’t even think that I like the fit.
Free Palestine
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#400 » by eagle54 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:11 am

I really don't know how you can see a fit brunson - donovan....

Return to New York Knicks