ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,208

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#321 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 pm

I'd take Durant in a heartbeat. He offers exactly what we need. And he still has 2 good years.

We know he's ok with being a #2 or #1B on a team. Imagine if we had Durant shooting 20 FGs a game instead of Randle?

Brunson is not Kyrie Irving. He is not Booker.

Knicks might be able to work a 3-team deal where they send Randle to a 3rd team, and picks to the Suns.

However, I think it will be difficult as Suns will likely want to dump Beal in the process.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#322 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Ray Williams wrote:I see us bringing everyone back, and shipping Bogie and picks for someone. Phoenix has to blow it up and Cleveland may lose Mitchell for nothing if they don’t move him.
I could see a Bogie and multiple firsts for either Booker or Mitchell.

Mitch…IHart
Randle…Precious
OG…JHart
Mitchell or Booker…Dante
Brunson…Deuce
I’d be happy with that.

Unless it's a spot up shooter and backup PG, I rather give all backcourt duties to Brunson tbh.

A big No on Booker and Donovan Mitchell from me. Adding one of them will take away from Brunson. Brunson only started showing what he is truly capable of once he left Doncic and the Mavs.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#323 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:57 pm

Lot of early 1st round exits incoming? There's going to have to be a lot of disgruntled stars.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,387

Post#324 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Wait on Giannis or Embiid… maybe one of them shakes free for a Randle package…
Stannis
RealGM

Post#325 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 pm

sol537 wrote:Wait on Giannis or Embiid… maybe one of them shakes free for a Randle package…

I do think Giannis has loyalty to the Bucks. I don't see him forcing his way out. But I guess it could be a mutual agreement if the Bucks want to blow it up. But why would they? A player like Giannis is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Free Palestine
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,477

Post#326 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:00 pm

I know I will get flamed but I would love Westbrook on this team…as long as we keep him reined in on the shooting..,love the intensity, the defense really all of it
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#327 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:I know I will get flamed but I would love Westbrook on this team…as long as we keep him reined in on the shooting..,love the intensity, the defense really all of it

You're not alone in this thought. The Garden would eat him his energy. No room on the roster, though, if you bring back everyone.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,347

Post#328 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

Context wrote:
spree8 wrote:We’d have to trade Randle to get Booker… tough choice, but I might do it.

I havent seen any full games of Booker...My concern is - whoever we bring to this team can not disturb Brunson's game.
Have you seen Booker play full games? does he play defense? curious questions...

Yea… I think he’d be a good fit here as a #2 to Jalen. His defense is definitely improved from his earlier years, but he’s not elite or even good overall. I’d say he’s on the level of Jalen… serviceable/average at best, but can be good at key points in the game when dialed in.

We’d lose in certain areas without Randle, but gain in others with Booker. Tough choice.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,905

Post#329 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:I know I will get flamed but I would love Westbrook on this team…as long as we keep him reined in on the shooting..,love the intensity, the defense really all of it

He's not a good defender but don't think you will be flamed.

It's all about the price and role. He's getting paid less than McBride right now...I feel like most teams would be willing to gamble on that level of talent at that price. I think the way he's stepped back for James Harden has shown his willingness to adjust to a non-star role. Still, there are limits to that. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Moveover, he's used to getting 20+ minutes per game, and I don't see him as being able to play with Brunson, which means him getting 11 mpg or something in the regular season, and 5 in the postseason. Russ is still prideful and he can play. Not a good fit imo.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,713

Post#330 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 pm

KD needs to go back to OKC and LeBum needs to go Cleveland.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,387

Post#331 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

For any "star" we consider, they have to fit the following criteria:

1. Must play defense
2. Must hustle
3. Must have solid bball IQ
4. Must be a team-first winning player
5. Must be able to carry the offensive load at times when Brunson is doubled or on the bench
6. Must be ~30 or younger

This rules out guys like KD, KAT, etc.

Giannis, Spida, Mikal fit the criteria well enough though probably not perfectly.

Booker doesn't really fit the bill. Embiid doesn't fit either. Ingram... definitely not.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#332 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 pm

Stannis wrote:Lot of early 1st round exits incoming? There's going to have to be a lot of disgruntled stars.

Giannis has to be the most ideal of all the targets. Relatively young, not super injury prone (like Embiid), 2 way elite player, + would be at a position that complements Brunson extremely well . We can offer Randle back which gives them about as good a replacement at PF that they'd get in a trade plus a bunch of picks.

Everyone is in a tier below. Next two when you factor age, salary, injury proneness, fit etc. would be Spidah and Booker.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#333 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 pm

sol537 wrote:For any "star" we consider, they have to fit the following criteria:

1. Must play defense
2. Must hustle
5. Must be able to carry the offensive load at times when Brunson is doubled or on the bench

Giannis, Spida, Mikal fit the criteria well enough though probably not perfectly.

Booker doesn't really fit the bill. Embiid doesn't fit either. Ingram... definitely not.

Excellent criteria and agree with our assessments using that criteria except for Booker.

While Booker isn't rugged he is a smart defensive player with length who could execute Thibs defense pretty well. Spider is shorter but probably more rugged and a slightly better defender (ability wise). I'm torn on who would be the better overall fit but Booker certainly would be a tremendous addition to this team.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,341

Post#334 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 pm

Westbrook as a 6th man would be pretty nice.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,477

Post#335 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 pm

Woodsanity wrote:

Westbrook as a 6th man would be pretty nice.

Imagine our rebounding differentials...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,430

Post#336 » by Ray Williams » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

spree8 wrote:
Context wrote:
spree8 wrote:We’d have to trade Randle to get Booker… tough choice, but I might do it.

I havent seen any full games of Booker...My concern is - whoever we bring to this team can not disturb Brunson's game.
Have you seen Booker play full games? does he play defense? curious questions...

Yea… I think he’d be a good fit here as a #2 to Jalen. His defense is definitely improved from his earlier years, but he’s not elite or even good overall. I’d say he’s on the level of Jalen… serviceable/average at best, but can be good at key points in the game when dialed in.

We’d lose in certain areas without Randle, but gain in others with Booker. Tough choice.

I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,678

Post#337 » by Meat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

Stannis wrote:I'd take Durant in a heartbeat. He offers exactly what we need. And he still has 2 good years.

We know he's ok with being a #2 or #1B on a team. Imagine if we had Durant shooting 20 FGs a game instead of Randle?

Brunson is not Kyrie Irving. He is not Booker.

Knicks might be able to work a 3-team deal where they send Randle to a 3rd team, and picks to the Suns.

However, I think it will be difficult as Suns will likely want to dump Beal in the process.

i think beal has a no trade doesn't he? he's got em by the balls
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,347

Post#338 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:20 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Context wrote:I havent seen any full games of Booker...My concern is - whoever we bring to this team can not disturb Brunson's game.

I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.

Cap wise it’ll actually take both Randle n Boj. Booker makes 50 mil per yr
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#339 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 pm

spree8 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Cap wise it’ll actually take both Randle n Boj. Booker makes 50 mil per yr

Not necessarily. Randle makes 30.3 Jeffries, Sims ,McBride, Diakate are 10.4 30.3+10.4=40.5 Those salaries meet the trade matching threshold or very slightly miss it I beleive.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,244

Post#340 » by Jeffrey » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:44 pm

sol537 wrote:For any "star" we consider, they have to fit the following criteria:

1. Must play defense
2. Must hustle

I think we're in a different timeline now. Brunson is now a 1 the question becomes, can the next star be a 2.

I diagree on # 6 because our window opportunity starts next year and for most NBA teams, it is a 3 year title window. Timeline doesn't matter.

I would add another criteria and that is "Thibs approval". Last thing we need is another player Thibs won't or probably play and then get disgruntled.

Return to New York Knicks