ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,969

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#661 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 9, 2024 7:51 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
GONYK wrote:
TJ McConnel

Perfect fit. Too bad he's not available for another year.

Yeah. He would a great fit off the bench here. Run it back healthy with him as a bench player makes us that much deeper/tougher. I hate him as an opponent but, he is a perfect fit for the identity of this team.

McBride >>> McConnell
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,263

Post#662 » by Juco24 » Thu May 9, 2024 7:53 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:As much as I like OG, he doesn't have enough of a bag to command max. You could replace him with DeRozan who defends and can get his own shot.

This guy wants to replace OG Anunoby :lol:

:o that's why you can't take some people serious at all.... replace OG with DeRozan. :crazy:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,199

Post#663 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 7:57 pm

Juco24 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:As much as I like OG, he doesn't have enough of a bag to command max. You could replace him with DeRozan who defends and can get his own shot.

:o that's why you can't take some people serious at all.... replace OG with DeRozan. :crazy:

he also said the pacers would be a much tougher matchup for us than the sixers :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,651

Post#664 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 8:00 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Perfect fit. Too bad he's not available for another year.

Yeah. He would a great fit off the bench here. Run it back healthy with him as a bench player makes us that much deeper/tougher. I hate him as an opponent but, he is a perfect fit for the identity of this team.

McBride >>> McConnell

Mcbride WITH McConnell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McBride vs McConnell
:beer: RIP mags
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#665 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 9, 2024 8:07 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

McBride >>> McConnell

Bridges >>> McBride + McConnell

8-)
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,848

Post#666 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:09 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:What about Ingram. Being mentioned now as trade candidate. Sixers, Lakers rumored, why aren't the Knicks?

Ingram is an interesting case for me and one i flip-flop a lot with. He's had sort of a weird career arc. He's gone from being a bad defender to a decent/passable defender to bad again recently. He came into the league not shooting a lot of 3's and shooting them poorly to then shooting over six 3's a game at a high clip when he first got to NO. Then back to again not shooting a lot of 3's these past 2 seasons. He went from being a bad passer to a good passer almost overnight.

To me, what this all tells me is that he's a very situation dependent player and I think Griffin has done a poor job at building a coherent roster around Zion and Ingram which has not done him any favors IMO. Especially, since those two don't have the most naturally synergistic fit with their styles of play to begin with. You have to nail the roster build around them and they just haven't down there in NO.

I think he's an interesting buy low "second star" candidate because I do value his shot creation when he's not the "main guy" so I think you could have him handle a lot of the non-Brunson minutes and stagger them in a way where the offense always has a great shot creator on the floor. I think the right coach with the right buy-in could get him to start shooting more catch and shoot 3's which he's always graded out as good at since he's been in NOP.

Questions would be:

What are you willing to part with to get him? Are you willing to send Randle out? If not, then one of Donte/Hart/Mitch almost certainly has to be in the deal to make the math work... Which one are you willing to parse with?

Does it even make sense to have a trio of Brunson/Ingram/Randle as your "Big 3"? How do you fit OG in that SL? Can you sell Donte on being a 6th man after the season he just had?

Are you willing to give him a max or near-max extension after trading for him?

I just think there's too many questions with Ingram's fit for us right now as the roster is constructed to be worth it but I think as an asset play and guy who you think may improve with a new culture he might be a guy worth exploring.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,651

Post#667 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 8:09 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:McBride >>> McConnell

Bridges >>> McBride + McConnell

8-)

:lol: It's ok to dream.
:beer: RIP mags
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#668 » by Spree2Houston » Thu May 9, 2024 8:09 pm

I think the guy we might get that’s not being talked about enough is Anthony Davis. Lakers are blowing it up if Lebron opts out. It’s probably why they haven’t hired a coach. They’re waiting on Lebron to make his decision.

Mitch, Bojan,McBride and all our picks work for AD. I don’t think Lakers will ask for Randle since they’ll be looking to rebuild.

Brunson/Rokas
Divencenzo/Hart
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Davis/Hartenstein
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#669 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 9, 2024 8:15 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I think the guy we might get that’s not being talked about enough is Anthony Davis. Lakers are blowing it up if Lebron opts out. It’s probably why they haven’t hired a coach. They’re waiting on Lebron to make his decision.

Mitch, Bojan,McBride and all our picks work for AD. I don’t think Lakers will ask for Randle since they’ll be looking to rebuild.

Brunson/Rokas
Divencenzo/Hart
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Davis/Hartenstein

He’s an incredible fit, also at PF next to Hartenstein. Just saying.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Post#670 » by spree8 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:22 pm

RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I know stars win playoff games, and the Knicks really need another scoring option, but maybe Randle works in that role.

So, is the move to add Bridges, or even go smaller and try for Eason. Or, if for some illogical reason, Pels willing to trade Trey Murphy III....

Knicks could use more depth that is playable.

I get that getting Bridges pushes Donte to the bench or Bridges plays supersub himself so there's that.

Specifically wing depth...but yeah those would all be great moves. Bridges would be my top choice, but honestly any of those three guys would be enough to put us over the top if we kept Randle. But I don't see anyone of those teams realistically wanting to come of f those payers...I hope I'm wrong.

The thing with Bridges is that it’s not just about his game alone, it’s more about him being included in the Nova Knicks “sum is greater than the parts” effect. I think that gets overlooked a lot when he’s brought up.

It’s the same way Brunson, Donte, and Hart are all having career years with this team, and on the court together, their collective impact is undeniable. I think we’d see Mikal have the same results in his game (prob see something like last year offensively and PHX defensively combined) and elevate the impact the Nova Knicks have on each game.

And yea, it’s prob a pipe dream because of the likely backlash from their fan base and the possible repercussions of handing a title to the next door neighbor. But you never know!
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#671 » by Wildcat » Thu May 9, 2024 8:24 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I think the guy we might get that’s not being talked about enough is Anthony Davis. Lakers are blowing it up if Lebron opts out. It’s probably why they haven’t hired a coach. They’re waiting on Lebron to make his decision.

Brunson/Rokas
Divencenzo/Hart
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Davis/Hartenstein

AD ain't going nowhere.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,011

Post#672 » by RHODEY » Thu May 9, 2024 9:04 pm

spree8 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I know stars win playoff games, and the Knicks really need another scoring option, but maybe Randle works in that role.

So, is the move to add Bridges, or even go smaller and try for Eason. Or, if for some illogical reason, Pels willing to trade Trey Murphy III....

Knicks could use more depth that is playable.

I get that getting Bridges pushes Donte to the bench or Bridges plays supersub himself so there's that.

Specifically wing depth...but yeah those would all be great moves. Bridges would be my top choice, but honestly any of those three guys would be enough to put us over the top if we kept Randle. But I don't see anyone of those teams realistically wanting to come of f those payers...I hope I'm wrong.

The thing with Bridges is that it’s not just about his game alone, it’s more about him being included in the Nova Knicks “sum is greater than the parts” effect. I think that gets overlooked a lot when he’s brought up.

It’s the same way Brunson, Donte, and Hart are all having career years with this team, and on the court together, their collective impact is undeniable. I think we’d see Mikal have the same results in his game (prob see something like last year offensively and PHX defensively combined) and elevate the impact the Nova Knicks have on each game.

And yea, it’s prob a pipe dream because of the likely backlash from their fan base and the possible repercussions of handing a title to the next door neighbor. But you never know!
I agree the chemistry factor is huge and slept on ... not by me though.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 530

Post#673 » by kNicksGmen » Thu May 9, 2024 9:26 pm

i don't think any of us are that high on trading for towns, especially if Randle is part of the deal. but I wonder if we would be more open to it if we aren't able to keep i-hart. would towns at the 5 not work with this team? spacing would be amazing but defense could be an issue with Randle/Towns. also not sure how to make salaries work without including guys like Divo that I don't want to trade.
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,539

Post#674 » by LookToShoot » Thu May 9, 2024 9:44 pm

Juco24 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Read my old posts from 1-2 years ago... I was the only one pushing for the OG trade for RJ while being called "crazy" by Knick fandom. Lo and behold the Knicks traded for him.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2265451&p=105415297&hilit=OG+TRADE#p105415297

And yes, I would sign DeRozan over overpaying for OG who can't stay healthy. I know ball.
LookToShoot
Veteran

Post#675 » by LookToShoot » Thu May 9, 2024 9:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:This guy wants to replace OG Anunoby :lol:

he also said the pacers would be a much tougher matchup for us than the sixers :lol:

I said they would be a tougher first round match up. Would you rather face the Pacers in the second round or Sixers without OG?

I was the only one on this forum wanting the Sixers in the first round. You still haven't rebounded from your "Randle is better than Jaylen Brown" take.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#676 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 11:35 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

I said they would be a tougher first round match up. Would you rather face the Pacers in the second round or Sixers without OG?

I was the only one on this forum wanting the Sixers in the first round. You still haven't rebounded from your "Randle is better than Jaylen Brown" take.

Don’t try to play revisionist history. This is what you said
LookToShoot wrote:

Pacers are a tougher matchup than the Sixers because of the shooting.

LookToShoot wrote: Pacers are a tougher matchup... nobody is scared of a team that struggles to get out of the first and second round with a oft-injured big man.

And is this you? :lol:
LookToShoot wrote: Tatum is on the same level as Kyle Kuzma, maybe worse.

It’s looking bad for you as usual
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
LookToShoot
Veteran

Post#677 » by LookToShoot » Fri May 10, 2024 12:04 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:he also said the pacers would be a much tougher matchup for us than the sixers :lol:

LookToShoot wrote:

LookToShoot wrote: Pacers are a tougher matchup... nobody is scared of a team that struggles to get out of the first and second round with a oft-injured big man.

What did you prove?

Did I want the Sixers in the first round? Yes
Did the Knicks beat the Sixers in the first round? Yes (I said Knicks in 5 before the series started)
Are the Knicks banged up right now? Yes
Would you rather face the Sixers or Pacers in the second round banged up? Consensus is Pacers.

You and many others wanted the 3 seed, which would risk not having homecourt in the second round.
You were an RJ fan and didn't want him traded.
You said Julius Randle was better than Jaylen Brown.

Who's looking bad?
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#678 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 am

LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:

LookToShoot wrote:

What did you prove?

Did the Knicks beat the Sixers in the first round? Yes (I said Knicks in 5 before the series started)
Would you rather face the Sixers or Pacers in the second round banged up? Consensus is Pacers.

You and many others wanted the 3 seed, which would risk not having homecourt in the second round.

Who's looking bad?

You literally said the Pacers are a harder team to play against because of their “shooting”. Not because of being banged up or whatever excuse you just made. Out here looking sad.
Calling me an Rj fan is wild :lol:

And healthy Randle is better than Brown. Brown can’t lead you to the playoffs like Randle did.

So you still think Tatum is worse than Kuzma? Lmao.
LookToShoot
Veteran

Post#679 » by LookToShoot » Fri May 10, 2024 12:21 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Don’t try to play revisionist history. This is what you said

What did you prove?

Who's looking bad?

You literally said the Pacers are a harder team to play against because of their “shooting”. Not because of being banged up or whatever excuse you just made. Out here looking sad.

And healthy Randle is better than Brown. Brown can’t lead you to the playoffs like Randle did.

Yeah? The Knicks could easily be down 0-2 in this series if not for 4th quarter heroics. The Pacers can put up a lot of points and they're a bit of an unknown, that's why I preferred the Sixers over the Pacers while some of you were worried about the Sixers. And we beat the Sixers, so what's the problem? If this series goes 6-7 with the Pacers, I wasn't wrong either.

You need to eat crow about Julius Randle. Brown is helping his team, Randle isn't doing anything.

I'm not a fan of the Celtics, I'll continue to hate as I see fit. Tatum isn't better than Brown, which I've said a million times before.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#680 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:31 am

LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
What did you prove?

Who's looking bad?

Yeah? The Knicks could easily be down 0-2 in this series if not for 4th quarter heroics. The Pacers can put up a lot of points and they're a bit of an unknown, that's why I preferred the Sixers over the Pacers while some of you were worried about the Sixers. And we beat the Sixers, so what's the problem? If this series goes 6-7 with the Pacers, I wasn't wrong either.

You need to eat crow about Julius Randle. Brown is helping his team, Randle isn't doing anything.

I'm not a fan of the Celtics, I'll continue to hate as I see fit. Tatum isn't better than Brown, which I've said a million times before.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for the laughs

Return to New York Knicks