ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#461 » by KnixinSix » Thu May 2, 2024 9:00 pm

aggo wrote:OG is our third star.
Randle is our second star.

we are not trading for another star without including Randle or OG.

that is a FACT.

OG is obviously staying. But as a third 'star' he is not an offensive star. He is the ultimate 3 and D player out there and Super valuable to a Thibs system.

You could easily keep Randle and bring in a guy like Donovon. Since he is not a 50M player right now.

They are going to use all this draft capital for someone and this offseason seems like a boiling point for quite a few teams.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,240

Post#462 » by Juco24 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:26 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:A Brunson/Donte/OG/Randle/iHart starting 5 isn't winning any championships

PLEASE SAY THIS LOUDER!!
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#463 » by KnixinSix » Thu May 2, 2024 11:37 pm

Keeping Randle means a cheaper Superstar contract. Donovan Mitchell (35M) , Mikal Bridges (24M).

KAT (50M), Booker (50M), Embiid (50M)

Likely out of equation UNLESS Mitchell Robinson AND DDV included.

DDV, McBride, Bogey and 3-4FRPs for Spidah , Okoro

Mitchell Robinson, Precious
Randle , OG
OG, Hart, Okoro
Spidah, Hart, Okoro
Brunson, Spidah
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#464 » by Wildcat » Fri May 3, 2024 11:58 am

KnixinSix wrote:

that is a FACT.

OG is obviously staying. But as a third 'star' he is not an offensive star. He is the ultimate 3 and D player out there and Super valuable to a Thibs system.

You could easily keep Randle and bring in a guy like Donovon. Since he is not a 50M player right now.

They are going to use all this draft capital for someone and this offseason seems like a boiling point for quite a few teams.

Big 3 isn't about offense threat. It's players who excel at their position, i.e., Warriors with Green/Klay/Curry. T-Wolves technically have a Big 3, as well. Right now, OG/Randle/JB is a very solid Big 3 without destroying cap space. Unless something changes, this seems like the core we'll see for a couple of years.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,683

Post#465 » by Meat » Fri May 3, 2024 1:25 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

that is a FACT.

Big 3 isn't about offense threat. It's players who excel at their position, i.e., Warriors with Green/Klay/Curry. T-Wolves technically have a Big 3, as well. Right now, OG/Randle/JB is a very solid Big 3 without destroying cap space. Unless something changes, this seems like the core we'll see for a couple of years.

Something is changing though; their biggest tradable contract is expiring next year, the mav's pick is this year, the bucks pick is prob at it's highest value now that folks see dame is almost cooked the 76'ers will prob get another all star this offseason, anything other than forward progress is going backwards
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#466 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 1:33 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

that is a FACT.

Don't agree. They have a Ton of draft capital and know they are probably one elite scorer away from championships. New CBA , players getting bounced in the first round asking out. This seems to be the year to strike. With that said, we could absolutely keep Randle, he rejoined CAA. Now add a 'lower' cost guy like Bridges (24M) or Donovan Mitchell (35M)
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#467 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 1:35 pm

Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Something is changing though; their biggest tradable contract is expiring next year, the mav's pick is this year, the bucks pick is prob at it's highest value now that folks see dame is almost cooked the 76'ers will prob get another all star this offseason, anything other than forward progress is going backwards

Exactly.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,482

Post#468 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:37 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Exactly.
I didn’t realize Mitchell’s contract was under 40 mill …he sounds the most logical …marks will bend us over for Bridges …
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#469 » by Wildcat » Fri May 3, 2024 2:15 pm

Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Their biggest tradable contract was also expiring prior to the Bog trade. I'm not saying they won't make a move, but I think any move they make will either be similar to the Evan trade (picking up a contract that expires the following season) or use that contract so supplement the bench. They have to see what they have with a core of OG/Randle/JB. It makes sense both economically and culturally.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,911

Post#470 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri May 3, 2024 2:38 pm

KnixinSix wrote:

that is a FACT.

Most 3rd stars basically become role players.

Chris Bosh left behind his 1st option status to become a souped up role player. Draymond Green. Kevin Love in Minnesota averaged 26 and 13 at one point...in Cleveland, he never broke 20 points. You can point to the Warriors with Durant maybe, but I'd argue that Klay is also a 3&D player, just one of the greatest of all time, in addition to Dray, one of the greatest of all time as a role player. Bradley Beal in Phoenix, they tried to turn him into a point guard. In Clippers land, James Harden took a step back and now averages 16.6 in the regular season.

I think the FO is right. If we get Mitchell, one of those 3 is going to need to step back. Brunson, Randle, or Mitchell. Why go for a 3rd star and force them to become a role player? We have OG...he's already one of the best out there. I'd rather replace Randle with someone who is more of a sure thing in the post-season, reinforce our bench, and run with that.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#471 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:01 pm

Bringing in Mikal would be terrific but I understand a deal with Brooklyn seems highly unlikely.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,551

Post#472 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri May 3, 2024 3:13 pm

Donovan Mitchell
Mikal Bridges
Devin Booker (unlikely)

Should be our targets.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#473 » by Wildcat » Fri May 3, 2024 3:16 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Don't agree. They have a Ton of draft capital and know they are probably one elite scorer away from championships. New CBA , players getting bounced in the first round asking out. This seems to be the year to strike. With that said, we could absolutely keep Randle, he rejoined CAA. Now add a 'lower' cost guy like Bridges (24M) or Donovan Mitchell (35M)

This team's secondary option is Randle. The guy can pop you 30/40 at any given night. Only reason why an elite scorer seems needed now is because there isn't one on this team today. And who knows, maybe Divo can stay a 15 PPG player when Randle comes back. Maybe OG and the staff works on getting him more mid-range opportunities. I like Bridges, but I feel like it took a step back.

Just for fun, I tried a few trade scenarios via ESPN's trade machine, and it's not even possible to trade for Donovan straight up (might be because Bog's option isn't picked up, yet, so it might not be considering his salary), but you're likely seeing Bog and Divo or Mitch for Donovan. I haven't tried it on other trade mechanics. I think Cleveland can do a lot better than an expiring and a rotational player. We also would need to get in their head. Mitch doesn't make sense if they're keeping Allen and Mobley. And is incoming salary of 35 mil fool's gold, because he's not reupping for that amount when he does opt out of his current contract. He's eligible to make 50-60 per. That's a hell of a lot of money between Donovan, JB, OG, and Randle.

OG/Randle/JB is our core. I think it's more likely the Knicks use their assets to fix the bench.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#474 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:28 pm

Mitch + McBride for Bridges seems like something that could be a win-win if Bridges' people asks out. I'd hate to lose McBride but adding Bridges to the Nova 3 may just be worth it...
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#475 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Meat wrote:

Exactly.
I didn’t realize Mitchell’s contract was under 40 mill …he sounds the most logical …marks will bend us over for Bridges …

EXACTLY bigshot. And then since he is CAA he might sign one of the Leon Rose CAA special team friendly contracts. Brunson, Randle Mitchell Robinson, Donte, all signed one. Not saying it will be some huge discount but it will probably be more team friendly like those other CAA contracts were.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#476 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 5:50 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

This team's secondary option is Randle. The guy can pop you 30/40 at any given night. Only reason why an elite scorer seems needed now is because there isn't one on this team today. And who knows, maybe Divo can stay a 15 PPG player when Randle comes back. Maybe OG and the staff works on getting him more mid-range opportunities. I like Bridges, but I feel like it took a step back.

Just for fun, I tried a few trade scenarios via ESPN's trade machine, and it's not even possible to trade for Donovan straight up (might be because Bog's option isn't picked up, yet, so it might not be considering his salary), but you're likely seeing Bog and Divo or Mitch for Donovan. I haven't tried it on other trade mechanics. I think Cleveland can do a lot better than an expiring and a rotational player. We also would need to get in their head. Mitch doesn't make sense if they're keeping Allen and Mobley. And is incoming salary of 35 mil fool's gold, because he's not reupping for that amount when he does opt out of his current contract. He's eligible to make 50-60 per. That's a hell of a lot of money between Donovan, JB, OG, and Randle.

OG/Randle/JB is our core. I think it's more likely the Knicks use their assets to fix the bench.

Lets say we keep Randle as its definitely more possible since he switched BACK to CAA.

Even with Randle who is a questionable playoff performer it would be disingenuous to say this team with Spidah would not be significantly better. Spider this year went back to a more concerted effort on defense and we saw clearly he is a two way player. His basketball IQ and defensive ceiling would be an absolute great fit in a Thibs system..

DDV is the definition of an extremely streaky player. Yes we got good DDV last night but that was preceeded by BAD DDV the 5 games prior.

Randle wouldn't have to be a heavily relied upon 2nd option but could be a 2nd or 3rd option on any given night with Spider and Brunson on the team.

McBride, DDV, Bogey, rights to Rokas, Sims and 3-4FRPs for Spidah , Okoro

Mitchell Robinson (28), Precious (20)
Randle (33) , OG (15)
OG (20), Hart(15), Okoro (13)
Spidah (22), Hart (20), Okoro (6)
Brunson (36), Spidah (12)

Minutes distribution is excellent. Your top 5 Randle, Brunson, Spidah, Hart and OG all get 32+ minutes. There is ample defenders at every position 1 to 5. There is rebounding, more of a consistent 3 ball. It's an extremely dynamic and well constructed Tom Thibedoeu team.

And Mitchell is not super short at 6'3 as he also has an above average wingspan as well. Okoro and Hart who are taller will also be playing the 2 spot too.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,683

Post#477 » by Meat » Fri May 3, 2024 6:02 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Lets say we keep Randle as its definitely more possible since he switched BACK to CAA.

Even with Randle who is a questionable playoff performer it would be disingenuous to say this team with Spidah would not be significantly better. Spider this year went back to a more concerted effort on defense and we saw clearly he is a two way player. His basketball IQ and defensive ceiling would be an absolute great fit in a Thibs system..

Randle wouldn't have to be a heavily relied upon 2nd option but could be a 2nd or 3rd option on any given night with Spider and Brunson on the team.

i'm pushing for it just to extend the careers\playoff careers of our current core, You're seeing it now.. with basically everyone not named lebron, some injuries are freak accidents, but most they're micro-transactions that generate interest up over the years, and this dude's not even 6ft getting smacked, shoved and punched every game, thats gonna add up.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#478 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 6:21 pm

Meat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

i'm pushing for it just to extend the careers\playoff careers of our current core, You're seeing it now.. with basically everyone not named lebron, some injuries are freak accidents, but most they're micro-transactions that generate interest up over the years, and this dude's not even 6ft getting smacked, shoved and punched every game, thats gonna add up.

Thibs like the more rugged sturdy framed type players too. Mitchell is defintely that. I think He would assimilate well in our play tough, balls to wall system on both ends of the floor.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 524

Post#479 » by kNicksGmen » Fri May 3, 2024 9:46 pm

salary cap should rise significantly going forward. i read something about them "smoothing out" increases with a cap at 10% a year? not sure how that works but either way it should make it more manageable to improve this team while resigning brunson/randle etc and still remaining under the 2nd apron.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,022

Post#480 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:22 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

that is a FACT.

1) Brunson and Randle will ask for a 200M+ contract to re-sign in 2025. Soon, we will enter deep into the Second Tier hell with our 2 better players in their 30ys.

2) We have at least to turn Bojan" 's contract into a fringe all-star younger player like Murray, Mikal, or Lauri.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks