ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,668

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1921 » by Guano » Sun May 5, 2024 5:53 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:lakers were up big against denver a bunch of times as well. denver might not be the same team last year. wouldn't be surprised if bruce brown had a bigger impact on that squad than we thought

Outside of Bron and AD the Lakers didn't have anyone else to really push Denver. Reeves and dlo had some moments. Bur Minny has a lot of players that are going to make Denver work on both sides of the ball. And Ant is him.

Read on Twitter

All I know is that poster Monty is awfully quiet tonight.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,168

Post#1922 » by Reign23 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:05 am

holy mofo smokes ANT!
formerly known as knickst4pe
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#1923 » by HopelessKnick » Sun May 5, 2024 9:32 am

ozwizard8 wrote:TWolves has a really good whistle even in this tough officiated playoffs. They'll get all the ticky tacky foul calls. Refs will save Edwards if he drives and have no option left. Even at last 2 minutes mark, refs kept calling fouls to save Ant. In the first he also traveled in 2 possessions with no call which reminds me the early days of Lebron. Good luck to any team facing the Wolves. They have NBA plot armor for financial, star-making reasons.

Interesting as I thought exactly the opposite. I thought the whistle was heavily favoring Denver. The blatant no call in the first half as KCP intentionally fouled Edwards, the taunting technical on Edwards while Murray blatantly taunts KAT just to name a few. Denver has no one to stop Edwards and they were holding and fouling him a lot. I thought especially in the third quarter the officials called 2-3 quick ticky tacky fouls on Minnesota to put them into the penalty. Minnesota shot overal 12 Free throws while Denver shot 20.....really hard to argue some team got a great whistle when they shot 12 free throws overall.

IMO Minnesota won despite some quetionable officiating going against them.

Edwards had 6 free throws while going to the basket numerous times. 7 of his 29 shots where 3pointer. Porter Jr. shot 6 free throws while 7 of his 13 shots were 3 pointer and I can't even remember any strong drives by him. The whistle IMO favored Denver heavily.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#1924 » by Reign23 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:34 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:Ant is dangerous. Denver is in TROUBLE

lakers were up big against denver a bunch of times as well. denver might not be the same team last year. wouldn't be surprised if bruce brown had a bigger impact on that squad than we thought

they replaced Bruce Brown and Jeff Green with basically nobody. they were their 6th and 7th men last season..
Reign23
RealGM

Post#1925 » by Reign23 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:35 am

Read on Twitter
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#1926 » by HopelessKnick » Sun May 5, 2024 9:37 am

cgmw wrote:
aggo wrote:Denver is in serious trouble if they cant figure out a strategy to score outside of jokic-murray actions.

Statistically, I bet it’s like 90% that the road team winning game 1 wins the series

The biggest problem for Denver will be that going up against Minny's size they will struggle a lot to score inside and I don't think they are good enough shooting wise from 3 to make up for it. For Denver to have a chance they will need Murray + Porter + KCP shooting the 3 really really exceptionally well.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#1927 » by Besart19 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:37 am

3toheadmelo wrote:need orlando to beat tf out of cleveland on sunday so we can finally bring him home
Read on Twitter

Him, Tatum, Banchero, Booker, Mikal or Edwards? :)
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#1928 » by Besart19 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:38 am

Brunson
Edwards
Anunoby
Randle
Robinson

7-peat
Strength and Honour!
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,632

Post#1929 » by El Poochio » Sun May 5, 2024 10:00 am

Mavs path to Finals looking clear if Denver is out against Wolves, Doncic will abuse gogurt

Luka vs Tatum, Kyrie vs Celtics, KP vs Mavs.. should be fun

Rather have Brunson revenge tour against Mavs though. If Miami can upset Celtics so can we, that would be epic

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,906

Post#1930 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 10:09 am

El Poochio wrote:Mavs path to Finals looking clear if Denver is out against Wolves, Doncic will abuse gogurt

Rather have Brunson revenge tour against Mavs though. If Miami can upset Celtics so can we, that would be epic

I hope McBride can slow down Edwards a little because OG will have his hands full with our next PF KAT. Brunson will have a hard time against McDaniels and NAW. Tough Finals ahead.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,632

Post#1931 » by El Poochio » Sun May 5, 2024 10:25 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Mavs path to Finals looking clear if Denver is out against Wolves, Doncic will abuse gogurt

I hope McBride can slow down Edwards a little because OG will have his hands full with our next PF KAT. Brunson will have a hard time against McDaniels and NAW. Tough Finals ahead.

OG will clamp up Ant so hoping Wolves will come from that side, you can put Hart on KAT he plays like a 2 anyway. But we will have a much bigger problem in our hands in Celtics, they will have to self sabotage again for Knicks to have a chance

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,958

Post#1932 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 5, 2024 11:47 am

Wildcat wrote:Jokic won't have another bad game like this. He felt incredibly inefficient. But I guess the same can be said about McDaniels. Interesting series. I'm not counting Denver out, yet, but I think we all knew T-Wolves were a team built to counter Denver.

How do the Knicks build their team to beat Boston?

I don't mean this season. This season is what it is.

But the Celtics rolling out Tatum, Brown, White, JRue and KP or some other stretch 5 is what they are going to be doing for the next 3 years.

Knicks don't currently match up that well and I don't mean based on talent level
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,790

Post#1933 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun May 5, 2024 12:06 pm

Guan0 cursed my Nuggets smh
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,755

Post#1934 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 5, 2024 12:08 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
Outside of Bron and AD the Lakers didn't have anyone else to really push Denver. Reeves and dlo had some moments. Bur Minny has a lot of players that are going to make Denver work on both sides of the ball. And Ant is him.

Read on Twitter

All I know is that poster Monty is awfully quiet tonight.

Montceriee where you at homie??
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1935 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 12:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Jokic won't have another bad game like this. He felt incredibly inefficient. But I guess the same can be said about McDaniels. Interesting series. I'm not counting Denver out, yet, but I think we all knew T-Wolves were a team built to counter Denver.

But the Celtics rolling out Tatum, Brown, White, JRue and KP or some other stretch 5 is what they are going to be doing for the next 3 years.

Knicks don't currently match up that well and I don't mean based on talent level

Add Towns for Randle and we’re good.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,500

Post#1936 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun May 5, 2024 12:58 pm

Read on Twitter

and some of you guys still want this douchebag
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,844

Post#1937 » by cgmw » Sun May 5, 2024 1:04 pm

El Poochio wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

OG will clamp up Ant so hoping Wolves will come from that side, you can put Hart on KAT he plays like a 2 anyway. But we will have a much bigger problem in our hands in Celtics, they will have to self sabotage again for Knicks to have a chance

When have Tatum and Brown NOT self-sabotaged in the playoffs?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,958

Post#1938 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 5, 2024 1:09 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Add Towns for Randle and we’re good.

Assuming Towns is available and all that, I've thought about that.

Kind of a wash offensive production wise, but the ability to play Towns at the 5 and draw KP/Horford/Kornet etc out of the paint and the ability to play 5 out for Brunson a pretty big deal.

Defense takes a hit, but assume iShart is still available for late game defense.
Also gives the team the ability to go really tall with Towns at PF, iShart at C, OG at SF, etc.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1939 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 1:14 pm

cgmw wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

I think we’re beating Boston. We’re tougher than them. I like their team very, very much, but where they have, say, Derrick White, we have DiVincenzo. I’m not saying DVo is better - he isn’t - but we have our own type of thing going and it has proven to be a good thing in itself. In Anunoby we have as good an answer for Tatum as there is in the league, Brown will choke one or two games, our bigs can hold down the middle and, especially with KP banged up, we might just give them fits.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,500

Post#1940 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun May 5, 2024 1:16 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
cgmw wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

I think we’re beating Boston. We’re tougher than them. I like their team very, very much, but where they have, say, Derrick White, we have DiVincenzo. I’m not saying DVo is better - he isn’t - but we have our own type of thing and it has proven to be a good thing in itself. In Anunoby we have as good an answer for Tatum as there is in the league, Brown will choke one or two games, our bigs can hold down the middle and, especially with KP banged up, we might just give them fits.
we don’t have enough shot making to match thier firepower…I wish we did
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.

Return to New York Knicks