ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,906

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1941 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 1:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
How do the Knicks build their team to beat Boston?

I don't mean this season. This season is what it is.

But the Celtics rolling out Tatum, Brown, White, JRue and KP or some other stretch 5 is what they are going to be doing for the next 3 years.

Knicks don't currently match up that well and I don't mean based on talent level

Add Towns for Randle and we’re good.

Assuming Towns is available and all that, I've thought about that.

Kind of a wash offensive production wise, but the ability to play Towns at the 5 and draw KP/Horford/Kornet etc out of the paint and the ability to play 5 out for Brunson a pretty big deal.

Defense takes a hit, but assume iShart is still available for late game defense.
Also gives the team the ability to go really tall with Towns at PF, iShart at C, OG at SF, etc.

You can’t just look at the numbers (which, I know, you didn’t). More than anything, you get a knockdown shooter in KAT. He’s one of the best shooters in the league and has been shooting more than 50% on threes in these playoffs so far. This isn’t merely about the shooting once he has caught the ball but also about the pressure you put on defenses by replacing a very streaky, yet trigger-happy chucker with one of the best shooters in the league. A defense‘s ability to stay home or, what’s even worse at the moment, double Brunson is completely taken away and overall spacing is greatly improved for everybody and in all rotations. You could play five out when you need end of game scoring, which would really enable Brunson to go unconscious. I mean, currently Brunson has succeeded under basically the worst conditions, being the only player a defense needs to worry about. In a five out, he should literally be unguardable.

Randle gets assist numbers, but he’s still a terrible decision maker with tunnel vision more often than not (and I chose my words carefully here). KAT, however, has surprised me with his quality passing though and he doesn’t dribble into traffic.

Instead he’ll burn defenses in the post. He’s 7‘1 and he can really score down low. Randle is more mobile, but come on, a legit seven-footer…

KAT is just so much better than Randle and, even more important, a much better fit. The trade makes sense for Minnesota as they have to do something given their cap situation and a trade for Randle and an expiring Bogdanovic could literally save them 20 (!) million.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,845

Post#1942 » by cgmw » Sun May 5, 2024 1:51 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
cgmw wrote:When have Tatum and Brown NOT self-sabotaged in the playoffs?

I think we’re beating Boston. We’re tougher than them. I like their team very, very much, but where they have, say, Derrick White, we have DiVincenzo. I’m not saying DVo is better - he isn’t - but we have our own type of thing and it has proven to be a good thing in itself. In Anunoby we have as good an answer for Tatum as there is in the league, Brown will choke one or two games, our bigs can hold down the middle and, especially with KP banged up, we might just give them fits.
we don’t have enough shot making to match thier firepower…I wish we did

I agree they have more talent. So did Philly.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#1943 » by HopelessKnick » Sun May 5, 2024 1:57 pm

People have repeatedly stated that the Wolves will want to move out of Towns' contract. Again, why? This is the first time they have a real shot at a title in decades, they have real success and a legit team in it'S prime for years to come. Why would they break that up?

They are on the books for 186mill. salaries next season which would put them at around 5th place in salaries. IMO there is 0% chance they'd look at trading away KAT after the season they have had. Ant is signed for another 4 years at a bargain, McDaniels is signed at a bargain and Towns is signed (maybe somewhat overpaid). Gobert, given his age next season is probably going to get extended at less than max. They have no real reason to break all that up. The Warriors, Clippers, Suns etc. will literally have 20million more on their cap than the Wolves while having much less success. Wolves are not going to break this up.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,761

Post#1944 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun May 5, 2024 2:02 pm

Couple of thoughts watching the game last night

1. Edwards does play a lot like MJ/Kobe
2. The T on Edwards staring down Jackson was such bs! Silver needs to suspend and send that zebra home the rest of the playoffs!
3. Imagine if that was Thibs who subbed out a red hot Naz and brought back KAT with 3 minutes left
4. I'm not trading Randle and assets for KAT
5. Nuggets will win this series but it's going to go 7
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,428

Post#1945 » by Fat Kat » Sun May 5, 2024 2:20 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,500

Post#1946 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun May 5, 2024 2:23 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Couple of thoughts watching the game last night

2. The T on Edwards staring down Jackson was such bs! Silver needs to suspend and send that zebra home the rest of the playoffs!
3. Imagine if that was Thibs who subbed out a red hot Naz and brought back KAT with 3 minutes left
wow agree with everything here …100
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1947 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 2:24 pm

No, you’re trading Randle and Bogdanovic for KAT and Mitch, McBride and assets for Bridges.

Towns is a great fit, unselfish, calm, steady, big, smart, much better shooter etc.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,761

Post#1948 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun May 5, 2024 2:27 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

No, you’re trading Randle and Bogdanovic for KAT and Mitch, McBride and assets for Bridges.

Towns is a great fit, unselfish, calm, steady, big, smart, much better shooter etc.

I wouldn't even swap Randle alone for KAT. I don't like his game. Too soft and he will cost the Wolves the series - you'll see.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1949 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 2:32 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

I wouldn't even swap Randle alone for KAT. I don't like his game. Too soft and he will cost the Wolves the series - you'll see.

You didn’t watch him closely enough apparently. He is neither soft nor unreliable as you insinuate. Watch him, but try to be fair. The size, shooting and level-headedness is something you replace Randle with. He’s great in the post and off the ball, while Randle will continue to get in trouble acting like he’s LeBron James on the the perimeter.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,702

Post#1950 » by Guano » Sun May 5, 2024 3:26 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Guan0 cursed my Nuggets smh

My bad, bro
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,990

tHued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1951 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 5, 2024 3:28 pm

The reason why no one has to worry about the CLippers in the forseeable future playoff --

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,095

Post#1952 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun May 5, 2024 3:30 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:People have repeatedly stated that the Wolves will want to move out of Towns' contract. Again, why? This is the first time they have a real shot at a title in decades, they have real success and a legit team in it'S prime for years to come. Why would they break that up?

They are on the books for 186mill. salaries next season which would put them at around 5th place in salaries. IMO there is 0% chance they'd look at trading away KAT after the season they have had. Ant is signed for another 4 years at a bargain, McDaniels is signed at a bargain and Towns is signed (maybe somewhat overpaid). Gobert, given his age next season is probably going to get extended at less than max. They have no real reason to break all that up. The Warriors, Clippers, Suns etc. will literally have 20million more on their cap than the Wolves while having much less success. Wolves are not going to break this up.

Yea, with the way they are playing I can’t see them breaking that team up. KAT and Ant seem to have great chemistry and get along really well too
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Post#1953 » by stuporman » Sun May 5, 2024 3:51 pm

The Knicks and Thibs name still in Jimmy's head and in his mouth even in Cancun...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,944

Post#1954 » by Capn'O » Sun May 5, 2024 4:17 pm

Klieber is a substantial loss but not nearly as substantial as Julius Randle.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,792

Post#1955 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun May 5, 2024 4:17 pm

Guano wrote:

My bad, bro

I have prayed that your Keith van Horn jersey shrinks in the washer.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,702

Post#1956 » by Guano » Sun May 5, 2024 4:36 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Guano wrote:

My bad, bro

I have prayed that your Keith van Horn jersey shrinks in the washer.

You can sleep peacefully knowing it is signed and framed hanging above the fireplace.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,428

Post#1957 » by Fat Kat » Sun May 5, 2024 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,172

Post#1958 » by Reign23 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:03 pm

lets go magic!!!
formerly known as knickst4pe
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,763

Post#1959 » by Kidknick! » Sun May 5, 2024 5:12 pm

Magic about to erase the Cavs. Boston better be ready for an actual opponent.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,763

Post#1960 » by Kidknick! » Sun May 5, 2024 5:13 pm

Man the Thunder vs TWolves series has the potential to be a CLASSIC.

Because OKC gonna cruise past the Mavs.

Return to New York Knicks