ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,577

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1561 » by ctorres » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 am

So two games in the Lakers/Nuggets series came down to the last play.

Lakers just as easily could have won both and been up 3-2

It either came down to coaching, or to Lebron for losing both games

Calls are missed on both sides throughout a game. This series was won on the last play of two games. Nuggets executed better than the Lakers at the very end of the game, on two different games.|

Thankfully the Knicks have guys that seem to know what to do during the last minute of a game. Probably because Thibs knows how to prepare them in those moments. Darvin Ham just doesn't.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,963

Post#1562 » by Adelheid » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:24 am

MIL in the brink of elimination

what is gonna happen to Doc Rivers? getting fired again?
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#1563 » by HopelessKnick » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 am

Give the Lakers credit though....they played the Nuggets tough and had some bad luck as well. Still happy to see Denver advance (although I wouldn't have minded a game 6 in LA).
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#1564 » by HopelessKnick » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am

Adelheid wrote:MIL in the brink of elimination

Nah, they are going to give him a regular season to work things through. With Giannis out and Lillard out as well and Middleton just rounding back into form I don't know how well you can judge that franchise based on this playoff performance. Like take the best player out of any current playoff team and they likely lose that series.
HuuHaa
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#1565 » by HuuHaa » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:55 am

It would be pretty special to pay next season almost 20mil to three former coaches. But im pretty sure that Rivers will continue.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 992

Post#1566 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 am

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:Tell me something...This is the second full game I'm watching of the Joker- does he always look this tired?

And I really like MInny...

Always. Don't be deceived.

ok...I wasnt sure...

One of the worst games you’ll ever see him play & still put up absurd stats
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#1567 » by Wildcat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am

Awful look for the Bucks if the try firing him, even if him coming in seemed suspect from day 1.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#1568 » by Wildcat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:37 am

Also, too many Lakers sympathizers in here. Let's stop that noise.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,908

Post#1569 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:56 am

Pretty wild to me that both the Lakers and Bulls are willing to max their stars and just keep the status quo going.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#1570 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm

ctorres wrote:So two games in the Lakers/Nuggets series came down to the last play.

Lakers just as easily could have won both and been up 3-2

It either came down to coaching, or to Lebron for losing both games

Calls are missed on both sides throughout a game. This series was won on the last play of two games. Nuggets executed better than the Lakers at the very end of the game, on two different games.|

Thankfully the Knicks have guys that seem to know what to do during the last minute of a game. Probably because Thibs knows how to prepare them in those moments. Darvin Ham just doesn't.

The Lakers never stood a chance. It was more likely for them to be swept than to win a second game.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#1571 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:27 pm

aq_ua wrote:
cgmw wrote:To be fair, Jokic’s gravity opened a ton of space for Murray. That Gordon o-rebound was very Knicks-esque.

Reaves tripped over Jokic's backfoot there on the last play. There should've been weakside help with only 3 seconds left, but oh well.

Kobe and Jordan would’ve guarded Murray.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,431

Post#1572 » by Ray Williams » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:32 pm

It was just a matter of time
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,828

Post#1573 » by cgmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 pm

Ray Williams wrote:It was just a matter of time

Two things are likely true:
A) It’s not that serious;
B) He’ll miss a lot of time
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,276

Post#1574 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:46 pm

Murray time is the new dame time I guess. 2 buzzer beaters in a series. Come on now
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#1575 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:00 pm

moocow007 wrote:One guy that really has taken off and yet flown under the cover is this man.

As demonstrative and braggadocious as he is, he has managed to back it all up. I still remember listening to a pre-draft interview that I believe Givony was giving where it Givony basically brought up different plays where Edwards did something wrong and Edwards was shooting exactly what he did wrong and what he should have done without even thinking. That's when I knew this guy was going to be able to make it big.

And he's doing it all without holding the ball to death. For a guy who's the clear cut no.1 option on his team he's not up there in time of possession. He's even further down on the list in terms of seconds per touch. If you want someone that can potentially pair real well with a PG that is ball dominant (and I believe Brunson is tops in the NBA in time of possession and all that while also being a bonafide top tier elite option on offense, a guy like Edwards is it. Too bad...

Here's that video I was talking about for anyone interested. It wasn't with Givony. It was with Mike Schmitz. These are the things I'm interested in when it comes to prospects. They do this often but because it's not highlights they don't get a lot of play.

Oh and apparently he's not lazy and disinterested after all as quite a lot of you yokels said he was. :lol: Honestly he's gotten even faster in the NBA and significantly improved his ball handling even as he added on more weight and muscle. That's not something that you see often and says a lot about his frame of mind when it comes to being a great player.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,908

Post#1576 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Wildcat wrote:

Awful look for the Bucks if the try firing him, even if him coming in seemed suspect from day 1.

We should be rooting for them to keep Doc. We have the 2025 Bucks pick. Not hard to imagine the team derailing next season. An older Dame, older Khris, older Brook…Doc throwing the popcorn vendors under the bus…
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#1577 » by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

We should be rooting for them to keep Doc. We have the 2025 Bucks pick. Not hard to imagine the team derailing next season. An older Dame, older Khris, older Brook…Doc throwing the popcorn vendors under the bus…

I read an article where Bucks execs were surprised that Giannis wanted to sign the extension. They were fully expecting him to see how Dame works out with the Bucks and then decide on his future but he just went into the office and asked for the extension.

Giannis should've waited to see how the season goes before he did anything.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#1578 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I read an article where Bucks execs were surprised that Giannis wanted to sign the extension. They were fully expecting him to see how Dame works out with the Bucks and then decide on his future but he just went into the office and asked for the extension.

Giannis should've waited to see how the season goes before he did anything.

Yeah that was kinda surprising. I'm wondering if it was Giannis that asked for Doc. Players tend to want coaches that more or less feel will let them do their thing. Great if that thing works and you have enough talent, but the Bucks don't. And the dynamic between Giannis and Lillard was basically none existent. It literally was "ok Dame it's your turn to score." "ok Giannis it's your turn to score." and the other guy would just kinda stand around and watch. Kinda like the Suns "Big 3". That's what it seemed like when I watch the Bucks play this season. That rarely works. Creates a system of complacency. They'd almost have been better off it the two had some contentiousness and wanted to out do each other (like Shaq and Kobe). It's different when you look at the Lebron Big 3 or the KG Big 3 cause each of those guys played off one another real well.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,239

Post#1579 » by Juco24 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm

One of the dumbest hiring decisions EVER
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,239

Post#1580 » by Juco24 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:14 pm

cgmw wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:It was just a matter of time

Two things are likely true:
A) It’s not that serious;
B) He’ll miss a lot of time

Not that KP was the goto guy but if he misses time, that's a blow to their rotation

Return to New York Knicks