ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,827

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1421 » by cgmw » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Chislic wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Guano wrote:
IF, and that's a big if, Kawhi can get right I still believe the clips have a chance.

Ant is can't miss right now. He is everything that is great about basketball.

There’s a very real albeit unlikely hypothetical world in which the Knicks face the Wolves in this year’s Final. OG gives us a fighting chance but idk how we match up with their bigs. Still I’d take them over Denver every day.

Minneapolis Knick's fan fantasy right there. OMG.

If anyone’s gonna beat Denver and Boston it’ll be MN or NY.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,745

Post#1422 » by Kidknick! » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm

Lol Suns.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,802

Post#1423 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:55 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Anonymous source? :lol:

The typical using burner accounts/alias’s and making excuses from KD

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

Literally KD told Shams this :lol:

Listen, I love seeing KD fail but at some point he needs to seriously look in the mirror. Two teams, two colossal failures since he left GS. The one constant is Kevin Durant.

Man,that is def a weasel type move to put this out there. Does he really think this will help him save face? Not surprising at all

KD is who he is. He's not a leader, he is a follower and an excuse maker instead of looking inward.

Everything is always everyone else's fault, and never his. He's a great player still, but I would not trade anything for him and it has nothing to do with basketball. He's a cancer, and a quiet one at that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,722

Post#1424 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Listen, I love seeing KD fail but at some point he needs to seriously look in the mirror. Two teams, two colossal failures since he left GS. The one constant is Kevin Durant.

Man,that is def a weasel type move to put this out there. Does he really think this will help him save face? Not surprising at all

KD is who he is. He's not a leader, he is a follower and an excuse maker instead of looking inward.

Everything is always everyone else's fault, and never his. He's a great player still, but I would not trade anything for him and it has nothing to do with basketball. He's a cancer, and a quiet one at that.

100% When you add a diva like KD or LeBum, you become a team like the Suns and Lakers. No thank you! I like my Nova Knicks who play team basketball and play defense and do not take games off. KD and LeBum would destroy what we built.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,212

Post#1425 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I think it's still worth the risk. If the Knicks can boot Randle, Durant fits like a glove.

I actually get his frustration with the Suns. The Bradley Beal experiment was a massive failure. And he has a NTC.

With the Nets, I blame Ben Simmons and the ownership, particularly how they handled Kyrie Irving.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,212

Post#1426 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Durant is one of the best shooters of all time. What Phoenix did was have 2 SGs in the lineup. Neither is a PG or a leader. There's a reason they looked much better with Chris Paul even though he was in his twilight years.
Free Palestine
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#1427 » by omerome » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:09 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

I think it's still worth the risk. If the Knicks can boot Randle, Durant fits like a glove.

I actually get his frustration with the Suns. The Bradley Beal experiment was a massive failure. And he has a NTC.

With the Nets, I blame Ben Simmons and the ownership, particularly how they handled Kyrie Irving.

Nah. I will pass on KD. The talent has always been there, but his attitude and personality doesn't fit with what the Knicks are doing and trying to do.

We are a team of hard workers, not drama queens.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#1428 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

100% When you add a diva like KD or LeBum, you become a team like the Suns and Lakers. No thank you! I like my Nova Knicks who play team basketball and play defense and do not take games off. KD and LeBum would destroy what we built.

KD on this team would be totally fine. I love our roster, too, but I can see him buying into our culture far better than most players of his caliber.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#1429 » by drekwins » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm

There's a lot of chatter of Booker wanting to be in NY. I dont want to be the Suns of NY though.. with 2-3 stars and nothing else.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#1430 » by omerome » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:25 pm

drekwins wrote:There's a lot of chatter of Booker wanting to be in NY. I dont want to be the Suns of NY though.. with 2-3 stars and nothing else.

Yeah, this team is not a Booker away from being a contender. It would change the team's dynamic and identity too much.

If It's not Randle, then getting a true starting caliber PF is our biggest need. Just to put OG at the three and bringing Hart as the first or second player of the bench would change everything.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1431 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:32 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Ben Simmons is honestly the last person i would blame for that debacle, he never asked to be traded to the Nets and his body basically imploded. He is an ass, but he came in when that situation was already f*cked. Ownership, Management and Irving were the primary culprits but Durant stayed quiet while Kyrie was acting like a lunatic and basically enabled all of the foolishness.

He is not a leader and his attitude will not be a good fit for the current Knicks culture. I can't speak to Phoenix but from what I've gathered from Suns fans, he was fully on board with dumping CP3/Ayton for Beal.

Also, I do not trust his health. This year was an outlier of his recent seasons.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1432 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:35 pm

I've watched Durant literally quit in the playoffs when adversity hit. I understand why folks want him here, but the term caveat emptor applies to Durant big time.

Two teams have been left in shambles dealing with him within a 5 year period. We can get into context, but it is what it is.

FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#1433 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 pm

Wildcat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

KD on this team would be totally fine. I love our roster, too, but I can see him buying into our culture far better than most players of his caliber.

Nope. You're being blinded by the talent and ignoring the known antics and behavior. KD isn't built for this culture.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1434 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

Nope. You're being blinded by the talent and ignoring the known antics and behavior. KD isn't built for this culture.

Jalen Brunson doesn't point fingers when something goes wrong. He points at himself and says he needs to do better.

KD doesn't have that level of accountability instilled in him. He sucks his own dick.

FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#1435 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Jalen Brunson doesn't point fingers when something goes wrong. He points at himself and says he needs to do better.

KD doesn't have that level of accountability instilled in him. He sucks his own dick.

Not even 24 hours and there is already talk about KD wanting out cause he can't play with Booker or Beal and how he doesn't want to play a role. He's so unlikable and soft!! Hate him!!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1436 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

Not even 24 hours and there is already talk about KD wanting out cause he can't play with Booker or Beal and how he doesn't want to play a role. He's so unlikable and soft!! Hate him!!!

Allegedly, he doesn't like his role that has him spacing the floor on the wing and corner.

What exactly will his role be here? Spacing the wing/corner for Brunson. Granted, there would be more wrinkles added to take advantage of his mid range game but his role here would literally be the same.

Dude is never happy and is to blame for all of his shortcomings.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,382

Post#1437 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,064

Post#1438 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#1439 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 pm

aggo wrote:Randle for Kat

Read on Twitter

Do it! Do it!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#1440 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Exactly. KD is not the type of player that you can win with as the no.1 player. And you can bet that he will expect to be the no.1 option here. That's why he didn't fit in Phoenix. His passive aggressive "I need to be the man but I'm not going to say it but if you don't make me it then I'm not going to be happy" nature is dangerous to have on a team that has won because they are a team. They'd be better off looking for someone that can either accept a 1A/B option with Brunson or that is comfortable being a 2.

Return to New York Knicks