ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1441 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Suns don't have any dogs on that roster. They need dogs.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,389

Post#1442 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

If PHX called us up after the playoffs and say "We'll send you Booker for Randle and Robinson straight up" What do you say? Or they say "Randle, Bogs, and two protected picks"....
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,417

Post#1443 » by Guano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 pm

Lucky this type of nefarious dealings only cost us a draft pick and not the worst contract in the league.
Read on Twitter
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,825

Post#1444 » by cgmw » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

O/U on this summer’s Devin Booker thread? I’ll set the bar at 700 pages
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,064

Post#1445 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

sol537 wrote:If PHX called us up after the playoffs and say "We'll send you Booker for Randle and Robinson straight up" What do you say? Or they say "Randle, Bogs, and two protected picks"....

I wouldn’t hesitate on that deal but I’d imagine they’d want picks as well. Probably something like 3 unprotected picks.

Brunson deuce
Booker Donte
Hart bogs
Og
Ihart precious

Probably bring over Rokas and I’d bet we’d get the keep the Dallas pick and we can grab another wing or big.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#1446 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm

moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Nope. You're being blinded by the talent and ignoring the known antics and behavior. KD isn't built for this culture.

Jalen Brunson doesn't point fingers when something goes wrong. He points at himself and says he needs to do better.

KD doesn't have that level of accountability instilled in him. He sucks his own dick.

Exactly. KD is not the type of player that you can win with as the no.1 player. And you can bet that he will expect to be the no.1 option here. That's why he didn't fit in Phoenix. His passive aggressive "I need to be the man but I'm not going to say it but if you don't make me it then I'm not going to be happy" nature is dangerous to have on a team that has won because they are a team. They'd be better off looking for someone that can either accept a 1A/B option with Brunson or that is comfortable being a 2.

I don't see the alleged discontent with the offense as him wanting to be the primary option. But the offensive Frank ran were terrible usage of him. Running Booker at the point was not a good idea in the long run. Ishbia dumping Ayton and Paul for Beal was terrible move. This guy was looking to run before he could walk. I'm happy the organization failed, but I'm not throwing blame on KD for it. I truly believe he just wants to ball. He doesn't need or want to be a leader. I think the team's personality and culture will rub off on him.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#1447 » by omerome » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

sol537 wrote:If PHX called us up after the playoffs and say "We'll send you Booker for Randle and Robinson straight up" What do you say? Or they say "Randle, Bogs, and two protected picks"....

Booker's contract, though...that really makes it harder to fit the necessary pieces without destroying our current core.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#1448 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

One guy that really has taken off and yet flown under the cover is this man.

As demonstrative and braggadocious as he is, he has managed to back it all up. I still remember listening to a pre-draft interview that I believe Givony was giving where it Givony basically brought up different plays where Edwards did something wrong and Edwards was shooting exactly what he did wrong and what he should have done without even thinking. That's when I knew this guy was going to be able to make it big.

And he's doing it all without holding the ball to death. For a guy who's the clear cut no.1 option on his team he's not up there in time of possession. He's even further down on the list in terms of seconds per touch. If you want someone that can potentially pair real well with a PG that is ball dominant (and I believe Brunson is tops in the NBA in time of possession and all that while also being a bonafide top tier elite option on offense, a guy like Edwards is it. Too bad...
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,048

Post#1449 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

F Steven A for bringing up Booker after a big win like this
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#1450 » by Galvationknicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

We are gonna be linked to everyone this summer and for once it won't be a fake hustle lol
JB is Him
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#1451 » by Galvationknicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 pm

Leon has been linked with Booker for over 10 years
JB is Him
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,718

Post#1452 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 pm

Wildcat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Jalen Brunson doesn't point fingers when something goes wrong. He points at himself and says he needs to do better.

KD doesn't have that level of accountability instilled in him. He sucks his own dick.

Exactly. KD is not the type of player that you can win with as the no.1 player. And you can bet that he will expect to be the no.1 option here. That's why he didn't fit in Phoenix. His passive aggressive "I need to be the man but I'm not going to say it but if you don't make me it then I'm not going to be happy" nature is dangerous to have on a team that has won because they are a team. They'd be better off looking for someone that can either accept a 1A/B option with Brunson or that is comfortable being a 2.

I don't see the alleged discontent with the offense as him wanting to be the primary option. But the offensive Frank ran were terrible usage of him. Running Booker at the point was not a good idea in the long run. Ishbia dumping Ayton and Paul for Beal was terrible move. This guy was looking to run before he could walk. I'm happy the organization failed, but I'm not throwing blame on KD for it. I truly believe he just wants to ball. He doesn't need or want to be a leader. I think the team's personality and culture will rub off on him.

No thanks. Too soft and doesn't fit the timeline and identity. He had his chance to come here and he docked the pressure. Not interested in being his feel good story to close his overrated career.

As far as x's and o's, the bottom line is that as soon as things get tough here, he will want Thibs fired or get traded. He's not made for it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,788

Post#1453 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/chet-holmgren-sga-what-pro-wants-commercial.html

Ok glad I'm not the only one who wanted to gouge his eyes out after the 100th time that stupid Chet and SGA commercial played.

I've never seen anything so annoying in my life
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#1454 » by drekwins » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

omerome wrote:
drekwins wrote:There's a lot of chatter of Booker wanting to be in NY. I dont want to be the Suns of NY though.. with 2-3 stars and nothing else.

Yeah, this team is not a Booker away from being a contender. It would change the team's dynamic and identity too much.

If It's not Randle, then getting a true starting caliber PF is our biggest need. Just to put OG at the three and bringing Hart as the first or second player of the bench would change everything.

Change the identity? He plays exactly like Divo... except way better at everything.
omerome
RealGM

Post#1455 » by omerome » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

drekwins wrote:
omerome wrote:
drekwins wrote:There's a lot of chatter of Booker wanting to be in NY. I dont want to be the Suns of NY though.. with 2-3 stars and nothing else.

Yeah, this team is not a Booker away from being a contender. It would change the team's dynamic and identity too much.

If It's not Randle, then getting a true starting caliber PF is our biggest need. Just to put OG at the three and bringing Hart as the first or second player of the bench would change everything.

Change the identity? He plays exactly like Divo... except way better at everything.

Does he really? I feel that Booker is a high usage player that would possibly collide with the way that Brunson wants to play.

And DiVo puts more effort out defensively IMO, so I'm not sure that it would be a seamless fit.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,089

Post#1456 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

omerome wrote:
drekwins wrote:
omerome wrote:Yeah, this team is not a Booker away from being a contender. It would change the team's dynamic and identity too much.

Does he really? I feel that Booker is a high usage player that would possibly collide with the way that Brunson wants to play.

And DiVo puts more effort out defensively IMO, so I'm not sure that it would be a seamless fit.

i feel like book is capable of both playing on and off the ball if needed. suns definitely forced him to do a bit more this year with the ball since they don’t have a point guard. i don’t see him and brunson having an issue fitting together… just wonder if he’s worth the hall it’ll take to get him after these playoffs.. i’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt tho since the suns organization has turned into a dumpster fire
BaF
Washington Wizards
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1457 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:52 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

No thanks. Too soft and doesn't fit the timeline and identity. He had his chance to come here and he docked the pressure. Not interested in being his feel good story to close his overrated career.

As far as x's and o's, the bottom line is that as soon as things get tough here, he will want Thibs fired or get traded. He's not made for it.

Exactly.

It's a pattern now:

-KD comes into good situation

-a year in, the coach suddenly gets fired

-The team, at his request, makes a franchise crippling move to bring in another big contract, leaving the team with no flexibility. All picks are gone.

-Things go off the rail

-KD begins to leak to the media that he wants out

If you're gonna spend assets and disrupt the group here, I would save that for someone like Giannis. KD, Mitchell, even Devin Booker i question being good fits here.

This is the 2nd time in 4 years that KD has been swept out of Round 1.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,089

Post#1458 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:54 pm

priority number 1 should be seeing what giannis wants to do after the bucks get tossed.. if he ask out that bucks pick we own becomes that much more valuable in a package for him
BaF
Washington Wizards
omerome
RealGM

Post#1459 » by omerome » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 pm

DaGawd wrote:
omerome wrote:
drekwins wrote:

i feel like book is capable of both playing on and off the ball if needed. suns definitely forced him to do a bit more this year with the ball since they don’t have a point guard. i don’t see him and brunson having an issue fitting together… just wonder if he’s worth the hall it’ll take to get him after these playoffs.. i’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt tho since the suns organization has turned into a dumpster fire

Yeah, just basing what I saw from PHX this season, he played way too much with the ball in his hands. Granted, they didn't have any PGs, but it was a concern as we'd want Brunson to be the main ball handler.

And Booker is going to be an expensive get anyway. So we'd better be very sure his style of play works with this team.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1460 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

omerome wrote:
drekwins wrote:
omerome wrote:Yeah, this team is not a Booker away from being a contender. It would change the team's dynamic and identity too much.

Booker is a serious upgrade at SG but fit matters. He has to buy in defensively and accept being the #2 guy.

Return to New York Knicks