ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,822

Re: PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice 

Post#461 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, I agree with everyone who finds it baffling to have OG guard Maxey. Put Deuce on Maxey, let Brunson defend Lowry. OG is good enough to help, rotate and recover where needed.

Again, Philly hit the Knicks with a hay maker in the first quarter and Brunson was forcing contested shots...and they still got handled. Now what happens when Brunson adjusts to their coverage scheme?

I would run Brunson/Deuce/Hart/OG/Mitch w/ Hartenstein/Donte/Bojan. And possibly a sprinkle of Precious. Or, keep IHart starting but let Mitch have the lion's share of minutes on Embiid.

If they can't stop the Knicks from offensive rebounding they will not win this series.

They put OG on Maxey to switch the Embiid-Maxey pick-and-roll.

It was designed to defend Embiid.

I think it's sound if Joel's healthy enough to play PNR. If I remember correctly, Philly put him in that action less in the second half after the injury scare. If they feed Embiid in the post or in ISO more, then I think putting Deuce on Maxey is indeed the better move.

So much is contingent on Embiid's health.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#462 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:19 pm

ag3 wrote:Embiid won’t make it through the series. In fact, he might not even play game 2. Let’s see.

IDK what the extent of his injury is, but they can't lose games 3 and 4, so sitting him game 2 is an interesting way to lay out a trap.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,479

Post#463 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:20 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:It looks like Bogie has picked up our defensive switches and is doing a little bit better on that end of the court now

He's been pretty decent in team defense for us for at least a few weeks now. Obviously he's a poor man to man defender, but seems to understand what we're trying to do as a team out there at least. He knows where his rotations are, and is even getting more comfortable stunting on plays, causing the dribble to be picked up, etc.

That’s about all we can hope for on that end. Offensively he just has to keep making open shots like he did last night otherwise he’s a massive liability. Let’s hope his shot keeps falling. He’s a bit similar to Donte in that regard but a worse defender than Donte
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,288

Post#464 » by TKKnicks1 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:21 pm

Watching the replay this morning and that third quarter collapse was unacceptable but could have been prevented. Thibs just never made the needed substitutions. He called multiple timeouts to stop the Sixers momentum but never made the subs until we lost the double digit lead and were trailing. Can't be reactive in the playoffs, gotta be proactive. Thibs gotta up his coaching moving forward.
~I Believe!~
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#465 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
ag3 wrote:Embiid won’t make it through the series. In fact, he might not even play game 2. Let’s see.

IDK what the extent of his injury is, but they can't lose games 3 and 4, so sitting him game 2 is an interesting way to lay out a trap.

The Heat beat us in game 1 and then rested Butler in game 2 so they could knock us out in games 3 and 4. We won game 1 so it puts more pressure on them to play him in game 2 and get that split. If we lost game 1 they might have rested him
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#466 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:Watching the replay this morning and that third quarter collapse was unacceptable but could have been prevented. Thibs just never made the needed substitutions. He called multiple timeouts to stop the Sixers momentum but never made the subs until we lost the double digit lead and were trailing. Can't be reactive in the playoffs, gotta be proactive. Thibs gotta up his coaching moving forward.

The nba is a game of runs and we won the game :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,421

Post#467 » by god shammgod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm

he'll play. and i think he knows now not to attempt dunks. will he get hurt again ? who knows
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#468 » by TrueWarrior » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm

Deuce, Mitch, and Bojan held sh*t down to say the least. Awesome job by the bench. Josh legit also.

Playoffs are about matchups, and Deuce/Mitch looked like the better pairing against Maxey/Embiid than Donte/Isaiah in this one. Jalen and OG were quieter than usual as well.

We’ll see how the chess match goes now, but taking game 1 is always crucial. We may not have some bonafide 2nd option, but we have a deep squad of killers who will step up when needed. There will be many different heroes throughout.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#469 » by god shammgod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 pm

Read on Twitter
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#470 » by blueNorange » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:26 pm

i don’t care if the knicks win every playoff game on a buzzer beater or any form of luck, idgaf

a win is win, and knicks need 15 more “fluke” wins
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#471 » by god shammgod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 pm

don't talk to me anymore, talk to my shooter :lol:

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,961

Post#472 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Also, I agree with everyone who finds it baffling to have OG guard Maxey. Put Deuce on Maxey, let Brunson defend Lowry. OG is good enough to help, rotate and recover where needed.

Again, Philly hit the Knicks with a hay maker in the first quarter and Brunson was forcing contested shots...and they still got handled. Now what happens when Brunson adjusts to their coverage scheme?

I would run Brunson/Deuce/Hart/OG/Mitch w/ Hartenstein/Donte/Bojan. And possibly a sprinkle of Precious. Or, keep IHart starting but let Mitch have the lion's share of minutes on Embiid.

If they can't stop the Knicks from offensive rebounding they will not win this series.

I think it's sound if Joel's healthy enough to play PNR. If I remember correctly, Philly put him in that action less in the second half after the injury scare. If they feed Embiid in the post or in ISO more, then I think putting Deuce on Maxey is indeed the better move.

Agreed. OG just looked like he was having a hard time with Maxey's speed, and tbh who wouldn't?

We'll see what game 2 brings. I absolutely however do not hard double Embiid off of shooters if Embiid goes Iso. Contest twos, don't commit stupid fouls and let him wear himself out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,998

Post#473 » by 8516knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Deuce, Mitch, and Bojan held sh*t down to say the least. Awesome job by the bench. Josh legit also.

Playoffs are about matchups, and Deuce/Mitch looked like the better pairing against Maxey/Embiid than Donte/Isaiah in this one. Jalen and OG were quieter than usual as well.

We’ll see how the chess match goes now, but taking game 1 is always crucial. We may not have some bonafide 2nd option, but we have a deep squad of killers who will step up when needed. There will be many different heroes throughout.

For a second I wondered "who's Isiah?" :lol: Does anyone ever calll him by his first name? Even his wife? :lol:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Post#474 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

God damn Mitch did so good staying on his feet almost all game.

I'm glad the officiating let them go at it too, there was a few times where Mitch was kinda all over Embiid in the post where they could've easily called something I think.. and didn't.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,998

Post#475 » by 8516knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nurse must really love Embid chucking 3's like that.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,154

Post#476 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Seems like no matter what Lowry is just a pest. He made so many big plays to keep the sixers in it. Not sure he’ll drop 18 every game but he’s going to be annoying all series.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Post#477 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Seems like no matter what Lowry is just a pest. He made so many big plays to keep the sixers in it. Not sure he’ll drop 18 every game but he’s going to be annoying all series.

Seems like he really hates us for some reason. Hart said he ignored his texts when he was waived too. :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,460
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#478 » by BKlutch » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Agreed. OG just looked like he was having a hard time with Maxey's speed, and tbh who wouldn't?

We'll see what game 2 brings. I absolutely however do not hard double Embiid off of shooters if Embiid goes Iso. Contest twos, don't commit stupid fouls and let him wear himself out.

Embiid is having a hard time getting lift on his shots. Putting Mitch on him really makes him either miss or wear himself out more. We have enough bodies to tire him out and keep his point total reasonable.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,460
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#479 » by BKlutch » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Seems like no matter what Lowry is just a pest. He made so many big plays to keep the sixers in it. Not sure he’ll drop 18 every game but he’s going to be annoying all series.

I'm sure Philly found a few of our Knicks to be annoying, as well. :wink:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,154

Post#480 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

Seems like he really hates us for some reason. Hart said he ignored his texts when he was waived too. :lol:

Didn’t we have a trade lined up for him and Dolan vetoed it? He is just one of those crafty vets that knows where to be and makes some hustle plays….hate to play against those guys and love them when they are on the team
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks