ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,051

Re: OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us 

Post#321 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm

Lmao, who demands to go to Washington or Atlanta? Two of the worst run franchises :lol:

Denver has been awful latley too….Even Dallas is a mess….but I get it
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,833

Post#322 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 am

mpharris36 wrote:We were so much worse under Gettleman

His record with the team was 19-46 (.292 winning %)

even with a bad (injury ridden) record last year Schoen is 15-18-1 (.441 winning %) - with a playoff win

Now if we have a worse season than last year I agree its time to start questioning the regime. But I don't think we should. We added some talent on defense. This is also assuming Andrew Thomas is healthy this year that will make a big difference. And we should have a legit #1 WR.

I'm not jumping up and down where we are at right now. However I think sometimes we can lose perspective of how bad the Gettleman/Schurmer/Joe Judge era was.

Yeah this is how I feel. This isn't a perfect situation, we've seen mixed results. I don't think need to call for their jobs already. We've got some pieces to work with so I want to see where they take it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,741

Post#323 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 am

even with a bad (injury ridden) record last year Schoen is 15-18-1 (.441 winning %) - with a playoff win

Now if we have a worse season than last year I agree its time to start questioning the regime. But I don't think we should. We added some talent on defense. This is also assuming Andrew Thomas is healthy this year that will make a big difference. And we should have a legit #1 WR.

I'm not jumping up and down where we are at right now. However I think sometimes we can lose perspective of how bad the Gettleman/Schurmer/Joe Judge era was.

he hasn't been worse than gettleman but he hasn't been good so far. unironically, to date the best players on the team are from last regime. that tells you everything. it's still early so we'll see
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,185

Post#324 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:57 am

And gloss over how bad this era is if we find a way to lose more games this year than last…because we like them?

Bruh the name of the game is to get better…if we not getting better…. he not better than Getty. It’s simple math.you better than Getty?

Then it should be shown in the results.

The funniest part here is that the biggest Schoen and Daboll hater, is saying we going to win more than 6 games this year…while the Schoen and Daboll fans talking about we in the running for #1

I don’t play both sides of the fence …..either we getting better or we not.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#325 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Lmao, who demands to go to Washington or Atlanta? Two of the worst run franchises :lol:

I was watching a documentary not long ago on Deion Sanders baseball career and by far his most toxic stop was New York Yankees. I don’t know anything about that era of baseball, but based on this doc I can see him having hatred for NYC. The media/team/fans was on some BS with him.
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst

Post#326 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 am

wait people think we'll be good? i can see us picking in the top 10 again pretty easily lol

our over/under for the season as presented by gambling websites is 6.5 with more action on the under so we're projected to have a pretty similar season as the one we just had. i'm just hoping the kids play well and we see them take a few steps up. realistically, we should kind of flame out to give us the best shot possible to get a top tier qb cause daniel jones aint it
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#327 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 am

Ghetto Gospel wrote:wait people think we'll be good? i can see us picking in the top 10 again pretty easily lol

our over/under for the season as presented by gambling websites is 6.5 with more action on the under so we're projected to have a pretty similar season as the one we just had. i'm just hoping the kids play well and we see them take a few steps up. realistically, we should kind of flame out to give us the best shot possible to get a top tier qb cause daniel jones aint it

If you give out 242 million in one offseason you should be better than the year before right? lol it’s simple logic

You talked about being “good” Good is relative… but we should be better than what we was a year ago. If not we spending money and getting no return. That’s terrible GMing and coaching. The can care less about being the good we all think is “good”.

We Put up 9 wins with a roster Getty built but progressively gets worse each year after with more of his fingerprints on the roster is nasty work.

Yall turning the giants into the Knicks. Wishing for unrealistic things when it’s obvious it won’t go that way based on the moves made.

In the early days of Leon he was making moves that said we won’t be in the running for #1 and fans wanted to ignore that cause of they own personal wants.

Everyone here was saying Schoen did his thing this offseason and in the draft only for us to be worst than one of the worst years ever witnessed by Giants fans?

We was historically bad last year.

Logic dictates we should see improvements, or Schoen and Daboll are terrible at what they do and we need to look elsewhere cause they ain’t it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,570

Post#328 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:12 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:

And gloss over how bad this era is if we find a way to lose more games this year than last…because we like them?

Bruh the name of the game is to get better…if we not getting better…. he not better than Getty. It’s simple math.you better than Getty?

Then it should be shown in the results.

The funniest part here is that the biggest Schoen and Daboll hater, is saying we going to win more than 6 games this year…while the Schoen and Daboll fans talking about we in the running for #1

I don’t play both sides of the fence …..either we getting better or we not.

Last year was a bad year....no debating that. But they have had 2 years

There first year they beat expectations

Last year they weren't good.

Year 3 I certainly don't expect them to be worse than year 2. If they are I agree we have problems.

But they have only had 2 years...1 good 1 bad.

When Gettleman had 4 straight years of trash.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,570

Post#329 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:14 am

Ghetto Gospel wrote:wait people think we'll be good? i can see us picking in the top 10 again pretty easily lol

We played respectable last year once Andrew Thomas got better and the offensive line started to play respectable. I don't think they win less than 6 games next year. Thats just me personally. If they do you absolutely have a right to question the regime and direction.

Right now there only 2 years in. 1 year surpassed expectations and then one year that didn't. I don't think Andrew Thomas (I stated before the Giants most important player) getting hurt on the 1st possession of the season did them no favors.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#330 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Lmao, who demands to go to Washington or Atlanta? Two of the worst run franchises :lol:

I was watching a documentary not long ago on Deion Sanders baseball career and by far his most toxic stop was New York Yankees. I don’t know anything about that era of baseball, but based on this doc I can see him having hatred for NYC. The media/team/fans was on some BS with him.

It is strange to see Wash, but then I saw it’s just a list of all the teams Deon played for. It’s possible he won’t want to play in NY though. The Yankees were a joke back then.

It’s so far away, and there will only be so many teams that need a QB and will be in position to draft him….we will have to see how it plays out.
Mavs
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#331 » by KOA » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 am

That's ok, I don't want Sanders anyway. Let him hold onto the ball too long and run the wrong way at someone else's stadium. Dude had 111 carries for -77 yards this past season with several game with -20+ yards. How's that even possible? :lol:
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#332 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:35 am

I said before the draft the Jury is still out on Sanders which is why i didn’t want to punt on QB this year.

I’m 100% fine with the Nabers pick. But the freak WR everyone is talking about is Keon Coleman who was picked in the second round by Buffalo, proving the WR depth in this class was crazy.

He looks like an Animal.

Anything can happen but 2025 QB draft class is meh according to many pundits.

One sports writer predicted this years historical run on QBs in this years draft because he said teams don’t have high hopes for QBs in 2025.

People just assume there is studs in every draft. Imagine wanting a QB in the 2022 NFL draft. That was a terrible year, the first QB didn’t get picked till the 20th selection and Kenny Picket sucks.

I’m kinda pissed the Giants didn’t take a flyer in Milton in this years draft in the later rounds just to have some high upside on the roster.

Daniel Jones is playing this year. Really no other options moving forward. Unless they want to Russell Wilson him which I don’t think they will since they did not draft an air aparent and he provides the best option at winning games in their eyes.
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst

Post#333 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:

If you give out 242 million in one offseason you should be better than the year before right? lol it’s simple logic

You talked about being “good” Good is relative… but we should be better than what we was a year ago. If not we spending money and getting no return. That’s terrible GMing and coaching. The can care less about being the good we all think is “good”.

We Put up 9 wins with a roster Getty built but progressively gets worse each year after with more of his fingerprints on the roster is nasty work.

Yall turning the giants into the Knicks. Wishing for unrealistic things when it’s obvious it won’t go that way based on the moves made.

In the early days of Leon he was making moves that said we won’t be in the running for #1 and fans wanted to ignore that cause of they own personal wants.

Everyone here was saying Schoen did his thing this offseason and in the draft only for us to be worst than one of the worst years ever witnessed by Giants fans?

We was historically bad last year.

Logic dictates we should see improvements, or Schoen and Daboll are terrible at what they do and we need to look elsewhere cause they ain’t it.

the majority of that 242 million going to andrew thomas, dexter lawrence, brian burns, some depth players and draft picks. i don't think brian burns adding that much, maybe 1 win at most. it'll all be what happens if the kids we drafted make a big jump or not.

yeah i'm wishing the team loses some games and we get a good pick but vegas also thinks the team sucks. they got us going under 6.5 wins this year, so it ain't just wishful thinking. consensus is that we really do suck. we are probably 3rd in the division right now and we could EASILY be worst in the division if jayden daniels is good right away.

fwiw, i don't think schoen played this right from the beginning. he's made numerous mistakes: the daniel jones deal, the darren waller deal, backloading all those contracts when it was clear the team wasn't good, etc. i'm not even confident in the brian burns deal, but i'm letting it pass cause i know at least he can play.
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst

Post#334 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

We played respectable last year once Andrew Thomas got better and the offensive line started to play respectable. I don't think they win less than 6 games next year. Thats just me personally. If they do you absolutely have a right to question the regime and direction.

Right now there only 2 years in. 1 year surpassed expectations and then one year that didn't. I don't think Andrew Thomas (I stated before the Giants most important player) getting hurt on the 1st possession of the season did them no favors.

i think we are probably 3rd or 4th in the division pending how good jayden daniels is right out of the gate.

ultimately, we'll see. consensus is that the team sucks though and if we do win more than 6 games, it probably won't be by much
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#335 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:

That explains it. I was really young when Deion played for the Yankees but I do remember there being some kind of issue.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#336 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 pm

I don't think we'll be a playoff team but I expect a team that plays hard and wins maybe 1 or 2 games that they shouldn't. Otherwise I expect a top 10 pick again. This roster is not that good and we have young guys on both sides that need to develop

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#337 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I don't think we'll be a playoff team but I expect a team that plays hard and wins maybe 1 or 2 games that they shouldn't. Otherwise I expect a top 10 pick again. This roster is not that good and we have young guys on both sides that need to develop

Yea, 6.5 wins sounds about right for the over/under. I don't expect us to be good. Sometimes you never know.... Maybe we win a few games we shouldn't, or lose a few games we should win. A lot of variables. I wouldn't bet on that line
Mavs
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst

Post#338 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 pm

i also do want to add that we were pretty "fortunate" to win 6 games last year. like we won a few games we should have lost and didn't lose any games we should have won. i think we "looked" like a 3 win team last season.

so if we were to win say 6 or 7 games, all things being even, i think we'd look a lot better than we did last year
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#339 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 pm

I got 9 wins. Anyone wants to bet an Avatar on it.....

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,591

Post#340 » by DOT » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Damn

Like, I get it, that's a lot of money for a WR4, and he sucked last year, but still. WR room looks pretty thin now, like Kirk/Davis/BTJ is good (potentially great if BTJ is as good as advertised), and I like Parker Washington, but still. If there's an injury, we're kind of f*cked, same as what happened last year when Kirk went down.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks