ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,734

Re: OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us 

Post#301 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:54 am

They both love our draft and say Tyrone Tracy will be our #1 RB by years end, wow.Q’d up to 1hr 31m. 3 mins

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,733

Post#302 » by Ghetto Gospel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 pm

ScienceOfLosing wrote:They both love our draft and say Tyrone Tracy will be our #1 RB by years end, wow.Q’d up to 1hr 31m. 3 mins

i''m happy with the pick but that's not saying much when current RB1 is devin singletary :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,762

Post#303 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:They both love our draft and say Tyrone Tracy will be our #1 RB by years end, wow.Q’d up to 1hr 31m. 3 mins

i''m happy with the pick but that's not saying much when current RB1 is devin singletary :lol:

Honestly if Tracy can take the lead back role that's fine, but Singletary will be a good player for us I predict. Reliable and professional
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,709

Post#304 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

I still see a 6-8 win team at best. Unless some of these draft picks go on to have insane seasons and Drew Lock has a Geno Smith in Seattle type impact.

Don't see it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#305 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:I still see a 6-8 win team at best. Unless some of these draft picks go on to have insane seasons and Drew Lock has a Geno Smith in Seattle type impact.

Don't see it.

We need another top 10 pick so this is fine.

My expectations: Play hard and compete, show improvement in the trenches and continue to develop our young players. That is all I ask.

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#306 » by Ghetto Gospel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:I still see a 6-8 win team at best. Unless some of these draft picks go on to have insane seasons and Drew Lock has a Geno Smith in Seattle type impact.

Don't see it.

My expectations: Play hard and compete, show improvement in the trenches and continue to develop our young players. That is all I ask.

shedeur to nabers next seaason
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#307 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Don't see it.

shedeur to nabers next seaason

Don't do that. Don't give me hope!!! :lol:

Sanders to Nabers....my God.

Daboll would have a heart attack

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#308 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm

Shedur aint coming to NY. He will pull a Eli. His father already said he doesn't want his son in NY. he already put out the list saying what teams he would allow his son to play . Knowing Deion he is dead serious. He was very adamant that he will control where his son and Travis Hunter goes.

the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Washington Commanders (then Redskins), and Atlanta Falcons

His Exact words was....we pulling an Eli.

Read on Twitter

Sanders is expected to go #1 or #2

Second of all if you think we ending the season top 3

you must be fiending

way to many roster moves and money was spent to finish in the same spot we did this year or worst.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#309 » by Ghetto Gospel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:18 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Shedur aint coming to NY. He will pull a Eli. His father already said he doesn't want his son in NY. he already put out the list saying what teams he would allow his son to play . Knowing Deion he is dead serious. He was very adamant that he will control where his son and Travis Hunter goes.

the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Washington Commanders (then Redskins), and Atlanta Falcons

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

way to many roster moves and money was spent to finish in the same spot we did this year or worst.

the cowboys, 49ers and ravens aren't picking anywhere near shedeur range though. the cowboys are somewhere around 20-25 and the 49ers and ravens picking 25-32.

the commanders and falcons also just picked QB so i don't see them going in that direction so quickly next year either

i believe deion meant it when he said it but idk if he can eli his kid all the way down to 25
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#310 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Shedur aint coming to NY. He will pull a Eli. His father already said he doesn't want his son in NY. he already put out the list saying what teams he would allow his son to play . Knowing Deion he is dead serious. He was very adamant that he will control where his son and Travis Hunter goes.

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

the cowboys, 49ers and ravens aren't picking anywhere near shedeur range though. the cowboys are somewhere around 20-25 and the 49ers and ravens picking 25-32.

the commanders and falcons also just picked QB so i don't see them going in that direction so quickly next year either

i believe deion meant it when he said it but idk if he can eli his kid all the way down to 25

For sure most of those teams is now a reynolds.

He also added the Broncos to that list recently.

The fact that he left NY off the list is telling tho. He must don’t want him in the city.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#311 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

We have made improvements but it's still an uphill climb. Remember our QB room is Daniel Jones coming off of serious injuries, Drew Lock and Tommy Cutlets.

Now if Danny is healthy and our line is at an average or above average level, and I have my doubts, I think we can surprise some folks. But I'm keeping my expectations very low.

I honestly don't even want Danny playing. We need to get out of his contract and if he gets hurt we are f*cked man.

Regarding Shedeur, I'll believe him turning us down when I see it. Washington??? Lmao aight.

Dallas, Niners, Ravens aren't in need of a QB. Atlanta has Cousins and Penix. Deion can't engineer an Eli move with those teams.

If we clean up our line play, I see no reason why Deion wouldn't want to meet with Schoen and Daboll. Especially Daboll the QB Guru.

Shedeur will be a Giant if we can get him imo

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#312 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

The fact that he left NY off the list is telling tho. He must don’t want him in the city.

It could be the media that makes him uneasy. Can't be because of the Giants as an organization. I mean, we've been bad yeah but we're rebuilding. I think we're building the right way now and we will have potentially an explosive receiver group on our hands.

I dunno. Guess we'll see.

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#313 » by Ghetto Gospel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

i can see the broncos being top 5 bad, but they also just drafted a QB in the first round. I'm not sure they're willing to go QB again but maybe..?

here's how i'm looking at it, like the teams with a chance at a top 5 pick probably are gonna be one of the teams that picked top 15 this year. i can only really see one of the teams i bolded taking a qb

panthers - bryce young
commanders - jayden daniels
patriots - drake maye
cardinals
chargers - justin herbert
giants
titans
falcons - cousins & penix
bears - caleb williams
jets
vikings - jjm
broncos - bo nix
raiders
saints
colts - a richardson

like i'm not sure how he can get shedeur where he wants to be if the broncos say nah
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#314 » by Ghetto Gospel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

It could be the media that makes him uneasy. Can't be because of the Giants as an organization. I mean, we've been bad yeah but we're rebuilding. I think we're building the right way now and we will have potentially an explosive receiver group on our hands.

I dunno. Guess we'll see.

i mean drafting nabers can't hurt. we got a real weapon for whoever we get next year.

now if we didn't draft nabers, yeah if i was deion, fk it anyone but the giants
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#315 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

i can see the broncos being top 5 bad, but they also just drafted a QB in the first round. I'm not sure they're willing to go QB again but maybe..?

here's how i'm looking at it, like the teams with a chance at a top 5 pick probably are gonna be one of the teams that picked top 15 this year. i can only really see one of the teams i bolded taking a qb

panthers - bryce young
commanders - jayden daniels
patriots - drake maye
cardinals
chargers - justin herbert
giants
titans
falcons - cousins & penix
bears - caleb williams
jets
vikings - jjm
broncos - bo nix
raiders
saints
colts - a richardson

like i'm not sure how he can get shedeur where he wants to be if the broncos say nah

I mean he can have him walk on and keep him out the draft. It would be a super bold move, but it’s Deon we talking here. It’s not like Shedur is starving for money he can take the risk.

Unlike the NBA, its easier to circumvent the draft and still make it to a team.

I trust Deion to prob do something that has never been done before. :lol:
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#316 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

We have made improvements but it's still an uphill climb. Remember our QB room is Daniel Jones coming off of serious injuries, Drew Lock and Tommy Cutlets.

Now if Danny is healthy and our line is at an average or above average level, and I have my doubts, I think we can surprise some folks. But I'm keeping my expectations very low.

I honestly don't even want Danny playing. We need to get out of his contract and if he gets hurt we are f*cked man.

Regarding Shedeur, I'll believe him turning us down when I see it. Washington??? Lmao aight.

Dallas, Niners, Ravens aren't in need of a QB. Atlanta has Cousins and Penix. Deion can't engineer an Eli move with those teams.

If we clean up our line play, I see no reason why Deion wouldn't want to meet with Schoen and Daboll. Especially Daboll the QB Guru.

If you think that we are in the running for a top 3 pick than you have to also say Schoen and Daboll are trash and need to be fired.

Schoen has 3 offseason of drafting and FA and spent a ton of dough over the last 3 years and the team is top 3 this season? :lol:

It would mean Daboll is terrible as a coach as well. Are you ready to admit that?

You was out here cheering Devito to win last year…don’t forget that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#317 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

you must be fiending

If you think that we are in the running for a top 3 pick than you have to also say Schoen and Daboll are trash and need to be fired.

Schoen has 3 offseason of drafting and FA and spent a ton of dough over the last 3 years and the team is top 3 this season? :lol:

It would mean Daboll is terrible as a coach as well. Are you ready to admit that?

We are a rebuilding team in need of high end talent, are you under the impression that this is a winning roster right now? I think we will be better defensively but offensively we have serious questions at OL, QB and TE. I'm not setting expectations outside of the fact the Giants must play hard and compete regardless of talent. We are still a bottom 10 team I think.

I will judge Daboll on the improvement of our young players and how we compete from week to week. If the players aren't improving and the team isn't competing every week, win or lose, then yes that's Daboll's ass. If not, well i see zero reason to fire him or Schoen. This is not some quick turnaround and I want continuity and stability. It's only been two years, one of which we had to dig out of the mess Gettleman made.

And yep I enjoyed every minute of Tommy's mini run last season. Would cheer for him again in a heartbeat. It was fun to watch, and at the end of the day we just landed a potential superstar talent at a position of need so I'm not worried about missing out on any of the QBs after Maye and Williams. This is a multi year process that requires patience.

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#318 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

We are a rebuilding team in need of high end talent, are you under the impression that this is a winning roster right now? I think we will be better defensively but offensively we have serious questions at OL, QB and TE. I'm not setting expectations outside of the fact the Giants must play hard and compete regardless of talent. We are still a bottom 10 team I think.

I will judge Daboll on the improvement of our young players and how we compete from week to week. If the players aren't improving and the team isn't competing every week, win or lose, then yes that's Daboll's ass. If not, well i see zero reason to fire him or Schoen. This is not some quick turnaround and I want continuity and stability. It's only been two years, one of which we had to dig out of the mess Gettleman made.

And yep I enjoyed every minute of Tommy's mini run last season. Would cheer for him again in a heartbeat. It was fun to watch, and at the end of the day we just landed a potential superstar talent at a position of need so I'm not worried about missing out on any of the QBs after Maye and Williams. This is a multi year process that requires patience.

Bruh that sounds nice, but a team spending mad money and drafting at the top of draft every year but winning less games each year would mean our GM and Head coach suck.

If this was any other team we would look at that as dysfunction cause the team itself is not improving. If this was the eagles or cowboys we would be laughing at them.

Schoen has 3 offseasons and the team regresses each year? That means he not good

Basically the team goes from 9 wins, to 6 wins, to heads thinking the team can finish with 3 and under wins… but want to say we building something with our HC, and GM.

You can’t have it both ways.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#319 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 pm

to give more context…

Forgot about the money he spent last offseason :crazy:

The money he spent this offseason and the team gets worst this upcoming year? :o

Following the conclusion of the New York Giants’ disappointing 2023 season, general manager Joe Schoen set out to vastly upgrade the roster at spots that either underperformed or lacked depth.

He did just that by investing in 19 players (both newcomers and holdovers) at a rate of over $232 million in new contracts, which, according to Spotrac, is the seventh-highest amount of money spent during the 2024 free agency period.

Read on Twitter

Yet we supposed to be even worst this year?? Where is the upgrades that reflect the money spent?

In what world is that progress….. :lol:

Like I said you can’t have it both ways…

This means he not better than Getty.

You have good draft position three offseasons in a row. Also Draft multiple players for 3 years, spend mad bread on FA for 3 offseasons

But each year you get worst?

And the GM and head coach not buns?

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,552

Post#320 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 pm

We were so much worse under Gettleman

His record with the team was 19-46 (.292 winning %)

even with a bad (injury ridden) record last year Schoen is 15-18-1 (.441 winning %) - with a playoff win

Now if we have a worse season than last year I agree its time to start questioning the regime. But I don't think we should. We added some talent on defense. This is also assuming Andrew Thomas is healthy this year that will make a big difference. And we should have a legit #1 WR.

I'm not jumping up and down where we are at right now. However I think sometimes we can lose perspective of how bad the Gettleman/Schurmer/Joe Judge era was.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks