ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,788

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#741 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 pm

Also can we give Donte some love here? He woke up on the road at the right time. Those threes he hit were critical shots. I wasn't worried about him, roleplayers play shaky on the road, but he stepped up at the right time.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#742 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:52 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Hart had a Dennis Rodman kind of game

Same thing I thought yesterday. Hart was grabbing some insane rebounds. A good player will impact the game without scoring and Hart is just that.

Haven't seen a player do this since Rodman. When a team continuously gives up offensive rebounds, it's like their hearts are being ripped out. It's the most demoralizing play in basketball imho.

Those offensive rebounds given up were back breaking plays for Philadelphia. You could see them visibly being crushed every time it happened.

Hart does a lot for this team that doesn't make headlines and that's alright. He knows how to play winning basketball and that always doesn't involve scoring buckets.

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,313

Post#743 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Steven A said Devin Booker wants to be in NY lol
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,127

Post#744 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

F N 11 wrote:Steven A said Devin Booker wants to be in NY lol

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Get itttttt Doneeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,100

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#745 » by nykfan42 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:17 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Send this scumbag home tomorrow night. I'm so sick of this guy. I hope those rumors of him being traded here are completely off the table now. Not that I wanted him anyway but I can't stand this clown. So many dirty plays that were completely ignored. I wish someone would bring these to light more and get him fined or suspended. He shouldn't be getting away with this.
Make the Knicks great again!
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,176

Post#746 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Same thing I thought yesterday. Hart was grabbing some insane rebounds. A good player will impact the game without scoring and Hart is just that.

Haven't seen a player do this since Rodman. When a team continuously gives up offensive rebounds, it's like their hearts are being ripped out. It's the most demoralizing play in basketball imho.

Those offensive rebounds given up were back breaking plays for Philadelphia. You could see them visibly being crushed every time it happened.

Hart does a lot for this team that doesn't make headlines and that's alright. He knows how to play winning basketball and that always doesn't involve scoring buckets.

we're just a better team. period. The sixers have too much to overcome.
You want to leave your best players on the floor for 48 minutes? no problem for the knicks we've been doing that to our players all season.
you want to focus on getting more rebounds? no problem -we've been doing that to teams all season.
you want to zero in on Big Body Brunson? no problem - our others will beat you - theyve been doing that all season.
you want to take out a key player in the game? no problem, one of our other players will step up all season.
and while you focus on that each game- we will start the game off slow - come from behind and close the game out-regarless if you steal a lead late or not.
The only win they got was when the current MVP threw a tantrum and went on a flagrant run...in order to win he had to do
it at such a high level that Adam Silver had no choice but to atend the next game.
If this knick team gets a fair whistle throughout the play offs(like last night)- I believe we can win the east.
We have the best defense, best player, more fearless and winning players, we play till the very end, and Thibs programed this team's endurance.
I know we are depleated with players -regardless, this is the best knick team I've seen since the 90's...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,505

Post#747 » by Grinditout » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#748 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:32 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Every game this series could have gone either way at the end, except the one where Philly won by double digits. I can't comprehend this revisionist downplaying of what the Sixers are, especially when the series isn't even over yet.

Even in the game we lost, Philly struggled to close out the game. They’re not as good as advertised to end their season. The narrative before the series started was that with Embiid, they had the best record in the league. Doesn’t seem like it when he’s not beating up on the league’s bottom dwellers anymore.
Context
RealGM

Post#749 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm

there he is:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

and this :lol:

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,353

Post#750 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 pm

We’d have to trade Randle to get Booker… tough choice, but I might do it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#751 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

we're just a better team. period. The sixers have too much to overcome.
You want to leave your best players on the floor for 48 minutes? no problem for the knicks we've been doing that to our players all season.
you want to focus on getting more rebounds? no problem -we've been doing that to teams all season.
you want to zero in on Big Body Brunson? no problem - our others will beat you - theyve been doing that all season.
you want to take out a key player in the game? no problem, one of our other players will step up all season.
and while you focus on that each game- we will start the game off slow - come from behind and close the game out-regarless if you steal a lead late or not.
The only win they got was when the current MVP threw a tantrum and went on a flagrant run...in order to win he had to do
it at such a high level that Adam Silver had no choice but to atend the next game.
If this knick team gets a fair whistle throughout the play offs(like last night)- I believe we can win the east.
We have the best defense, best player, more fearless and winning players, we play till the very end, and Thibs programed this team's endurance.
I know we are depleated with players -regardless, this is the best knick team I've seen since the 90's...

I said it before the series began: there is a reason why Philly is a 7th seed and the Knicks are 2nd. This team has been in the fire all season long and are unfazed. Can't say that about the scumbag Sixers.

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,317

Post#752 » by Garbagelo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 pm

aggo wrote:The front: effective ball denial

But you also need backside help in case the pass does get made. Here that’s precious

Can u front embiid, yes. Can u do it the whole game? Idk bc you’ll be in rotation every possession

Read on Twitter

OG made of chiseled stone

Embiid had hard time moving him with or without the ball
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#753 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:

Read on Twitter

Depends on the cost. Do you really want to gut this team for Booker? Phoenix will be desperate to retool now that they don't control their picks for 7 years.

Context
RealGM

Post#754 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:45 pm

spree8 wrote:We’d have to trade Randle to get Booker… tough choice, but I might do it.

I havent seen any full games of Booker...My concern is - whoever we bring to this team can not disturb Brunson's game.
Have you seen Booker play full games? does he play defense? curious questions...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#755 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 pm

nykfan42 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Send this scumbag home tomorrow night. I'm so sick of this guy. I hope those rumors of him being traded here are completely off the table now. Not that I wanted him anyway but I can't stand this clown. So many dirty plays that were completely ignored. I wish someone would bring these to light more and get him fined or suspended. He shouldn't be getting away with this.

If he plays G5 and hurts someone badly before the series ends, that's on the NBA's head
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,006

Post#756 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:18 pm

stuporman wrote:Hart went 0-7 and Precious 0-5 yet nobody can tell us they weren't key reasons why the Knicks won this game...it's irony or paradox or some bizzarro world stat line thing. It's just weird, no?

It'd be nice to see Donte and Hart hit some threes as they have earlier in the series, to take pressure of Jalen. OG too. I think we could blow them out if Jalen just got 25-30 and other shooters hit some threes
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 913

Post#757 » by NY2k1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Context wrote:
spree8 wrote:We’d have to trade Randle to get Booker… tough choice, but I might do it.

I havent seen any full games of Booker...My concern is - whoever we bring to this team can not disturb Brunson's game.
Have you seen Booker play full games? does he play defense? curious questions...

Booker would mesh with Brunson on offense, I don't doubt that. However, Booker isn't the best defender, though.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,375

Post#758 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#759 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ger err done Donnie!!!!
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,803

Post#760 » by duetta » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:28 pm

The issue with Booker will be the price. Phoenix's GM needs to rape another GM to make up for the way he was raped in the Durant and Beal misadventures. Count me out.

Return to New York Knicks