ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,834

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#601 » by Strick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:47 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Strick wrote:Hard to put into words the effort this team put forth today. I’m still stunned by the game

Brunson was remarkable. Not only making buckets but also creating for others. He had good moments defensively too and clutch down the stretch

Hart and Precious may have had the two most impactful games for guys who scored 5 points combined in a combined 66 mins

OG was spectacular and he was the answer on Embiid defensively. He was more aggressive on offense and his defense continues to wow

Deuce continues to provide huge bench mins as well. Props to Thibs adjusting

I also wanted to give props to Maxey. Dude is one of the youngest on that Sixers team and the most level headed. He’s going to be a MF to go against for years but he’s earned my respect with how he handles himself on and off the court

Yeah I’ve noticed Maxey doesn’t do a lot of complaining and hasn’t thrown cheap shots or flops

Can’t say same for Embiid and Lowry who is a shameless flopper

100% he isn’t whining to the media either. Has logical reasoning on why they don’t win. I have respect for him and his game for sure. He’s a blur out there
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,296

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#602 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 am

HerSports85 wrote:lol oh Brunson, drop Fiddy on his head next game since he wants to keep talking.
Read on Twitter

Man they some sore losers.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 18,898

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#603 » by Monk1718 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 am

Sam Hinkie curse is reaching bambino status
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,062

Post#604 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 am

devin booker’a reputation really took a hit for me with these playoffs… not sure he’s worth the haul anymore
BaF
Washington Wizards
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#605 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 am

Strick wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Strick wrote:Hard to put into words the effort this team put forth today. I’m still stunned by the game

Brunson was remarkable. Not only making buckets but also creating for others. He had good moments defensively too and clutch down the stretch

Hart and Precious may have had the two most impactful games for guys who scored 5 points combined in a combined 66 mins

OG was spectacular and he was the answer on Embiid defensively. He was more aggressive on offense and his defense continues to wow

I also wanted to give props to Maxey. Dude is one of the youngest on that Sixers team and the most level headed. He’s going to be a MF to go against for years but he’s earned my respect with how he handles himself on and off the court

Yeah I’ve noticed Maxey doesn’t do a lot of complaining and hasn’t thrown cheap shots or flops

100% he isn’t whining to the media either. Has logical reasoning on why they don’t win. I have respect for him and his game for sure. He’s a blur out there

Really fast and unlimited range. Logical reasoning is the sign of a normal winner
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#606 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 am

HerSports85 wrote:lol oh Brunson, drop Fiddy on his head next game since he wants to keep talking.
Read on Twitter

Hey Oubre, you clown.. you know whats even easier, scoring 50 when you get 20+ FTAs cause you keep getting gifted soft call after soft call. Worry about your own teammate first, and worry about guarding Brunson so he doesn't drop 47 on your head again.. corny ass team.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#607 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 am

Strick wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Yep, everytime the Knicks make a run, feels like he comes in and makes a 3 or a big bucket to keep it close.

Also he has had SOME flops, like the fake eye poke in the corner on Josh Hart in Game 2 or 3, and some others here and there, but nothing too bad I guess.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,043

Post#608 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 am

LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,241

Post#609 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 am

Guys keep daydreaming about Embiid becoming a Knick which will never happen, but if I was going to take a player from Philly it would be Maxey. He's legit
ImageImageImage
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,043

Post#610 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 am

for those who are interested:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,743

Post#611 » by Kidknick! » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 am

F N 11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man they some sore losers.

Somebody call Oubre an Uber, because a regular cab ain't gonna stop for him...
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#612 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 am

DaGawd wrote:devin booker’a reputation really took a hit for me with these playoffs… not sure he’s worth the haul anymore

He's soft

Knicks should only acquire players who fit the current attitude this team carries
ImageImageImage
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#613 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 am

aggo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Embiid’s airball, more than the W even, made me feel comfortable that we’ll win

I was not too confident about the series heading into game 3

But I knew for sure and wrote about it in the game thread when embiid was committing flagrant fouls vs us:

If he was actually so confident that the 76ers were the better team and that they’d win the series after being down 0-2

He would never try and do 3 flagrants in 24mjnutes of play the next game

That’s how I knew he was just insecure and that the knicks were the one who actually had the better team

I come back to this after some time - it's a great point. He's lashing out out of frustration. If you truly think you got a handle on it, frustration doesn't set in. You just go about getting it done
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,251

Post#614 » by matchman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 am

drp07644 wrote:
matchman wrote:Whoever called our series over in game thread, you owe this team a serious apology.

This team just don't quit.

Ihart and Divo will get better in game 5.

See ya it is 4am in Hong Kong and I am ecstatic now, how can I sleep for tomorrow's work?

I gladly eat my own words. You can’t fault me for being jaded from 20+ years of trauma lol

Now I wake up from sleep and at work now, glad you accept it with joy. Let's root for the Knicks to close out on Tuesday.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#615 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 am

DaGawd wrote:devin booker’a reputation really took a hit for me with these playoffs… not sure he’s worth the haul anymore

Want no part of him
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#616 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

All game long, Philly announcers desperately attempted to rally the Sixers fans in the crowd to no avail. Truly pathetic
ImageImageImage
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,719

Post#617 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:.

Bro I gotta ask you since you probably have a lot of history, what the hell is Hello Brooklyn's delusions, he's sitting there on the GB arguing that there is 'plenty of Nets fans' and trying to convince people who literally live in NYC that theres tons of Nets fans in NYC despite all of us knowing thats not true, and claiming Knicks are all bandwagon fans meanwhile we ride or die for life with this team and no true Knicks fan would ever switch. :lol: :lol:

I dunno man that guy cussed me out last time I spoke with him. I told him I was done with the franchise and he got upset. I let it slide because I have no hard feelings towards any Net fans who choose to stay and support the team, but me, I don't want anything to do with them anymore. I'm not the only New Jersey resident who feels the same way. A lot of people stopped following them. Go look at the Nets forum. It's dead.

I can't speak for him.

The honest truth is this: North and Central Jersey is Knicks country. South Jersey is Sixers country. New Jersey is a great place to live if you make good money, but sports wise the Nets are pretty much a team that no one really cares about here. Giants, Jets, Knicks, Yankees, Mets, Devils, Islanders, Liberty, Red Bulls...then Nets.

There are no "tons of Nets fans" in NYC. The Barclay's is a morgue and the Nets routinely get booed in the building as opposing fanbases take over. The Knicks are the only NBA team that has an extra 4 home games a year.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#618 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 am

Not a big deal I hope but Thibs looking over at his coaches to see if he should challenge ... well after the ball is already in play and the opportunity is lost ... it's a little disconcerting

His challenges seem like a mess - he has no idea and doesn't seem to want to, he'd rather spend that time making the same face of disgust

Now I'll go in a different direction. Nurse is constantly doing weird stuff like covering his mouth so he can yell at the refs. The dude is super annoying

At least Thibs is a student of the game. Nurse is like a student of just trying to get away with whatever he can, like corporate America itself
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,800

Post#619 » by duetta » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Looks like we'll be facing Indy. The Bucks are toast

Tells a story about the virtue of making these win-now trades to satisfy players whims.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,719

Post#620 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:There's such a huge difference between how Embiid and Brunson deal with adversity.

One dude goes all out trying to injure people, relies on the refs to get 20 free throws, and has his FO and coach crying too.

The other guy just dominates the other team.

Adversity reveals who someone really is.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to New York Knicks