ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen "Damn $on" Brunson is Absolutely the Best Playa in the NBA!!!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 780

Re: Jalen "Damn $on" Brunson is Absolutely the Best Playa in the NBA!!! 

Post#21 » by LaLover11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

srhcan wrote:
Ph@t Joe wrote:Historical Performance all by Himself

no Help, just Wins games all by Himself

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Put the pipe down

I'm curious what's in that pipe lol
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 460

Post#22 » by famicommander » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

The Knicks would trade him, Randle, Hart, DiVincenzo, OG, and every single draft pick they have for Jokic. Jokic is the best player, it's not remotely close, and people need to stop making threads like this.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 294

Post#23 » by Slimjimzv » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

cgf wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
cgf wrote:Jokic.

Best player in the east tho.

I'd put Giannis, Embiid, and Tatum easily above him in the East.

Understandable position, I disagree with it though...at least wrt the latter two; I'd still take a healthy Giannis over Jalen.

With the combination of the Knicks holding a series lead, Embiid's continual health issues, and his antics in this series, I could be persuaded that he's got enough downside that Brunson could be more valuable to a team. But Tatum is a beast. I think it's weird that he doesn't get recognized more. It's entirely possible that I'm not paying close enough attention. I do tend to focus more on the West.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,992

Post#24 » by KingDavid » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Moving to the Knicks board...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,184

Post#25 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm

He deserves every flower today
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,812

Post#26 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
cgf wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
I'd put Giannis, Embiid, and Tatum easily above him in the East.

Understandable position, I disagree with it though...at least wrt the latter two; I'd still take a healthy Giannis over Jalen.

With the combination of the Knicks holding a series lead, Embiid's continual health issues, and his antics in this series, I could be persuaded that he's got enough downside that Brunson could be more valuable to a team. But Tatum is a beast. I think it's weird that he doesn't get recognized more. It's entirely possible that I'm not paying close enough attention. I do tend to focus more on the West.

I totally get the Tatum love, but I just trust Jalen in big moments in a way I don't Tatum. Both to come through as an individual and as a team leader.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 294

Post#27 » by Slimjimzv » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm

cgf wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
cgf wrote:

I totally get the Tatum love, but I just trust Jalen in big moments in a way I don't Tatum. Both to come through as an individual and as a team leader.

Well, I really hope they play each other this playoffs. It'll be fun to watch and a solid measuring stick for both players. Also, that means I don't have to watch Embiid and his BS.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,812

Post#28 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
cgf wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:

Well, I really hope they play each other this playoffs. It'll be fun to watch and a solid measuring stick for both players. Also, that means I don't have to watch Embiid and his BS.

If we weren't banged up I think we could really take it them. But with Randle hurt, I'm not sure we have the creation to keep up with them over 7 unless we just shoot a lot better than they do or they completely crumble mentally.

Like with Precious as a small ball 5 if KP's shooting negates RobinHart's rim protection, and all of our perimeter defenders, we have defensive counters to everything their offense can do if we bring our A-game and can throw them off of theirs...but that's still a lot of offensive firepower on the other side of the court and even limited they'll put points on the board...

Should be a fun series...if we get there...but one we'll probably ultimately fall short in.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#29 » by Up-And-Coming » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:Knicks should at least be in the ECF this season and their core is primed to peak within the next couple years. I wouldn't be surprised if Giannis asks out within that timeframe with the Knicks being one of the favored destinations.

I could definitely see them going to the finals tbh. Celtics will struggle to contain their rebounding and OG is going to be a menace defensively. The only thing that I could see benefitting the Celtics is Holiday will make Brunson work very hard on offense.

I think the Knicks certainly have a chance.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 912

Post#30 » by NY2k1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 pm

famicommander wrote:The Knicks would trade him, Randle, Hart, DiVincenzo, OG, and every single draft pick they have for Jokic. Jokic is the best player, it's not remotely close, and people need to stop making threads like this.

LOL, no, they wouldn’t. If you trade that haul for any player (with the exception of MAYBE prime
Lebron), you’re basically becoming a borderline lottery team at best.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,226

Post#31 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:20 pm

KingDavid wrote:Moving to the Knicks board...

We don't want this here :lol:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,226

Post#32 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:55 pm

famicommander wrote:The Knicks would trade him, Randle, Hart, DiVincenzo, OG, and every single draft pick they have for Jokic. Jokic is the best player, it's not remotely close, and people need to stop making threads like this.

You don't trade for Jokic unless you're rebuilding. Especially not when u have a SUPERSTAR of your own in Brunson and already a great young team surrounding him + picks to improve.

And no you're not trading that much it doesn't matter how great Jokic is, it doesn't make sense whatsoever
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,881

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Oh here we go with another Goat thread lol

Are we going to say he's already better than Kyrie Irving

He's sure as sh*t better than DLo!
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 780

Post#34 » by LaLover11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Oh here we go with another Goat thread lol

Are we going to say he's already better than Kyrie Irving

He's sure as sh*t better than DLo!

Let me know when he's better than Dinwiddie :)
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#35 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

This thread starting elsewhere is cool.

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,430

Post#36 » by Ray Williams » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Omg I'm done with these threads bye lol

Better to leave when you can’t refute lol

Do Knicks fans realize they are playing a Retirement Home Starter lineup with a one legged Embiid that is literally tweaking?

We realize douchebags will come here and try to discredit the wins because that’s what douchebags do.

Return to New York Knicks